Chapter 1: High School

Fated Promise

High School (3 years later)

Myungsoo's POV

“Oi, Myungsoo!” yelled Sungyeol as he ran toward me.

I wasn’t paying any attention as I looked at my name on the electronic ranking board. Still underneath her. . . How long as it been since she became first? Oh right. . .3 years now.

“Myungsoo, are you still thinking about the fact you’re not first? Dude! It’s been three years since you been angry with her for being first. Just give it up already. Sheesh!” he said as he face palmed himself.

I flicked Sungyeol on the head because he was annoying me. I actually gave up last year because every semester I would find my name below her even if we were tied.

Her name was still above me.

“Since when did you become mature!?!” I answered back.

“Ow! That hurt,” he whined and started to hold his head, jokingly.

“Sure, you’re mature,” I said sarcastically.

“Anyways, let’s go to lunch,” he suggested and we started to walk.

When we arrived, I saw Chorong and Woohyun being lovey dovey.

“Oppa, I probably won’t see you a lot this summer break because my friends and I decided to help out-” said Chorong.

I didn’t feel like listening to the rest of the conversation as I sat next to Hoya and of course, Sungyeol.

“What are they talking about now?” asked Sungyeol.

“Relationship stuff, did you see the rankings? I finally beat Eunji. How about. . .oh. . . .” said Hoya.

Sungyeol stopped him from asking as I just ate my lunch. I’m glad the first year of high school is over because being beaten by her is embarrassing me.

I remember that day when the whole school was shocked to see a new student beat me. I was shocked too but what made it worse were my parents. They started to bring me the best tutors during middle school and it did no good. She still beat me.

My dad actually started to care about my existence when she beat me. He even told me that this was a lesson for me that I’m not perfect like my mom used to say to me. I knew that for a while now but at least my mom actually cared for me.

Now that I’m in high school, my dad started giving me work from the company. I’m not lazy, it’s just I hate work. I told you that I would only study for the things I need to do in life, tests and exams.

“Oi, Myungsoo, are you listening? ” asked Woohyun.

I didn’t notice he was already here. I thought he was talking to Chorong.

“Ah. . .yeah. . .why?” I looked at him. I wasn’t paying attention because I was thinking about the workload that my dad was going to give me this summer.

“Aren’t you going to my party later?” asked Woohyun.

“Yeah. . .if I finish the workload my dad gave me,” I gave a sigh.

“Again? Why is your dad giving you work for his company? We just ended our first year of high school. Have fun tonight. I think I can persuade him to let you off with some files that my dad is going to present to your dad’s company soon,” said Sungyeol.

I patted his back because he always had my back even though sometimes I feel like I’m stupid when I’m with this choding.

“You do that Sungyeol, remember don’t mention this to Chorong. It’s a surprise party for her because her birthday is today,” said Woohyun.

“Oh can one of you mention this to her friends,” he coughed, “Apink?”

I swore to myself that I would never go near those people because that girl is in that group. Speaking of the girl, it seems that Apink came about right in time. I glanced at them and saw they were happy but the girl that I despised, Son Naeun, looked very pale. I don’t know if she wore make up or something but I could clearly see the eye bags underneath her eyes.

When she looked at me,I averted my eyes quickly and I looked at Bomi and Woohyun instead.

“How are you guys, Infinite? I heard Chorong’s boyfriend is planning something for my unnie,” said Bomi as she winked at Woohyun.

“How the heck did you know? I was about to mention it to you guys,” said Woohyun.

“Well, we pick up things easily. Don’t worry, if this is for Chorong, you can leave the stalling to us,” said Namjoo as she gave a bright smile.

“Great!” said Woohyun as he clapped his together.

I watched Apink leave and felt Sungyeol nudging me and whispered something.

“Is it me or does Naeun look like a zombie? It’s like she’s been like that for a while now.”

“I don’t care, Sungyeol. If it’s about her, I don’t want to know or care,” I gave a sigh and decided to leave the cafeteria.

 

Naeun’s POV

I walked toward a tree and saw a group with six girls talking in a circle and Chorong waved me to come over. I gave a warming smile and walked toward the tree, passing behind Myungsoo, who was still looking at that ranking board.

I can’t believe it’s been three years since I came to this school and I’m finally done with the first year of high school. I didn’t care about the rankings, I just let Apink tell me what rank I got and Chorong would say to me, ‘Good job on being first’.

These girls are always there for me. They shared many secrets to me and I remembered the time when I was at my first sleepover with Apink. We shared so many secrets and Chorong revealed her crush on Woohyun. We all squealed and started to tease Chorong that night.

Now, Chorong is going out with Woohyun for almost a year now. He confessed to Chorong during the second month of school and it was so cute the way he confessed to her. I remember how Chorong told us how he confessed. She said that he confessed while they were doing the project and then after they were done with the project, they decided to take a walk around the park. He led her to the place where they first met and then he confessed to her there.

I knew that there was no way a guy would like a girl like me. I didn’t have time to have a boyfriend like Chorong. This year was just hectic. My work schedule doubled and I barely had time to visit my mother. The homework too was also a pain and I also had to fit my studying schedule on top of that. I barely went to any parties.

I’m glad that exams are done and summer break starts tomorrow but I knew that it was going to be long hours of working and studying. I also need the extra sleep this summer break because I barely went to sleep this year. Well, my break is going to be fun, not really, I need money and that’s how I’m going to get it.

Anyways, I waved at my friends and sat next to Namjoo.

“Hi, Chorong unnie so what’s up with you today? You seem very down lately,” I asked.

“Hi Naeun, I checked the rankings and you still seem to always surprise us with being first. Anyways, it’s Woohyun. He forgot my birthday is today,” she gave a sigh after giving me a smile.

“Aww! I don’t think he forgot, maybe he is planning something for you,” said Bomi as she winked her at Chorong.

I doubt it. Anyways, after school, we are so going shopping because it’s already the last day of school before summer break. Everyone in?” she asked.

I usually hung out with Apink in school but when it came to outing events after school. . .I always seemed to leave early or pass because of my working and studying schedules. I remember leaving early when we out trying to shop for Infinite’s presents, in which, I didn’t give L a present nor any of the Infinite members. I drew and wrote them cards. I was lucky enough to be blessed with artistic skills.

“I don’t know, I think I might be-“

“Don’t say you’re not going. You always bail on us and the last time you hung out on us was when we were trying to pick out Chorong’s gift for Woohyun on Valentine’s Day. That was four months ago. Don’t tell us that you’re going to be busy. That’s always your excuse,” said Bomi as she crossed her arms.

“Bomi, it’s not Naeun’s fault that she is busy. Remember the first time we saw her schedule book? She is always busy,” smiled Chorong.

At least she understands my situation but she doesn’t know why I’m busy. . .busy working. . . .

I didn’t like it when Chorong always defended me, I always felt guilty. I sometimes I disappoint Bomi and it made me sad. She is a sassy girl but a nice person. It was hard to explain her personality but she is very nice, once you get passed her straightforward self.

Chorong looked at her phone and she looked at us.

“I have to go to the library. I’ll see you guys later and Naeun, please try to come okay?” she smiled as she walked off.

When she was gone, Bomi took out her phone and told us the message that Woohyun sent her.

“Okay, so Woohyun is planning a surprised party for Chorong. I blurted that out but she doesn’t believe me which is very oblivious. I should get straight to the point. We need to meet them in the cafeteria. Come on girls, let’s go,” she smiled as she took her stuff and ended to the cafeteria.

 I wanted to stay here and sleep under the tree but I didn’t want to be left behind so I groaned as I stood up and started to walk along side with Namjoo.

When we got to the cafeteria, I saw Bomi approach as she decided to do her play. I didn’t listen to the conversation and tried to scan for an empty table so I can sleep. While I was looking at the cafeteria, I felt like someone had been staring at me.

I glanced at L’s direction and saw he was just talking to Sungyeol. I hated that guy but he would care less as well as he hated me. I didn’t care either. We barely talked and I liked it that way. When we tried to start a conversation with each other, we should just result to arguing.

I remember doing a project with him this year and it was horrible, there was so much tension while we were working on that project. I remember going to the library the next day and we decided to finish this during lunch so that we discuss with each other again. We didn’t really receive a perfect score on the project but we were able to receive the highest grade in the class. That was just a horrible experience.

Bomi finished her conversation with Woohyun and walked toward us. It signaled that we were leaving. We walked over to Bomi and sat in our table which was what Namjoo described to me 3 years ago on my first day of school.

“So what do you want me to do for the party? I might come,” I said trying to break the silence of the girls.

“Well, since you might come, can you buy the snacks, by yourself? We’ll distract Chorong until Woohyun decided to text me or call me,” said Bomi.

After lunch, we went to our classes and sat in our chairs. We couldn’t wait for the school day to end and also Chorong’s party. I changed my schedule and decided to work before the party starts so I won’t go to that hang out that Chorong suggested. Instead, I will work, after I buy the snacks, and work until Woohyun calls me.

****

When school was finally over, Apink and Infinite were excited for this surprise party for Chorong. Woohyun and Infinite, except Myungsoo and Sungyeol, went over to Woohyun’s house and started to arrange the place for the party. He was hosting to night. Myungsoo and Sungyeol were helping each other out on the business work that their parents gave them at Myungsoo’s father’s company.

“Myungsoo, thanks to me, my dad persuaded your dad, he reduced your workload for the party. That means you probably can make it. See you at the party later,” said Sungyeol as he gave him files.

Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol’s files and saw that Sungyeol was able to represent a report to Mr. Kim. He gave a smile at his best friend and finished his last set of papers.

While Sungyeol was leaving his friend’s dad’s company, he received a text from Woohyun saying that they needed drinks. He looked at the list and gave a sigh. He walked to a good grocery store and left the company.

In the other hand, Apink, except Naeun, met Chorong at the mall and started to shop until they dropped, not really. When Chorong was being distracted by Bomi, the Apink members were buying Chorong their present for tonight’s party. Chorong didn’t notice a thing because Bomi was too busy making Chorong try on dresses after dresses.

“Bomi, are you done giving me dresses? The dresses that you give me are pretty. Can’t I just go buy one?” whined Chorong.

“No, it has to be perfect for Woohyun,” said Bomi as she sat there delaying time for the other Apink members. When the other Apink members came back, Bomi chose a colorful dress for Chorong.

“Finally and wow, this is pretty. I love it,” said Chorong. When she turned around, Namjoo gave her a lot of pairs of shoes for her to try on.

“Unnie, Bomi went to the bathroom for a while so try on these shoes and we’ll try to see if it’s good with your dress,” said Namjoo.

 Chorong didn’t want to try on all of the pairs because it was too time consuming but she didn’t want her friends to cry or whine. She sighed and sat down as she tried on pair after pair.

While Apink was stalling time, Naeun is working in a nearby grocery store close to the Kim Corporation. It was one of the best jobs for her because the grocery store that she was working in, gave a decent amount of money. The only problem was that her manager was very bossy and Naeun worked the very dirty jobs like cleaning the floors, replacing the spoiled food, or cleaning the bathrooms.

Luckily, she already bought Chorong's gift, the snacks for the party, and brought her extra clothes to change after she takes a shower at the local shower area in the staff rooms. Her task today was to rearrange the isle foods and other snacks areas and do her other jobs.

Naeun was doing everything for two hours. Her last task was to carry the package box of drinks to the drink isle and arrange the drinks. She walked over to the drinks isle and was having trouble on carrying the box. Then miraculous, she felt like her box was no longer a pain to carry. She realized that someone was helping her carry the box to the drink isle. She didn’t know who it was because the box was limiting her sight.

When she finally got the drink isle, she and stranger placed the box carefully down. Naeun said thank as she didn’t look at the stranger and started to work but she was stopped when she heard her name.

“Son Naeun?” said the stranger.

She looked up and standing before was Lee Sungyeol.


Okay so I wanted to make it Myungsoo appear before her eyes first but I was like nah.
So people thought that Suzy was going to be in this fanfic.
Well, she might in the near future but not now.
She will be a very minor character.

Lol , thank you for the subcribers.
I got a lot of subcribers from the first chapter lol. YAY!
Anyways, I'm very slow right now because I'm having writer's block lately.
I don't know why. I can't even continue my other fanfic TT
I'm watching kdramas and reading manga to get pass my writer's block again.
Subcribe and comment =3