Chapter 2: Chorong's Surprise Party

Fated Promise

Naeun’s POV

Sungyeol looked at me with surprised eyes and I didn’t know how to reply.

“So you found out that the smartest person in school is actually working in such a cheap store like this. What are you going to do now? Tell the whole school that Son Naeun works in a cheap grocery store? That she isn’t what people believed she is?” I said while looking at him with emotionless face.

“Nothing, I’m not that low like the others in school. I may be childish like how Myungsoo describes me but I’m not mean,” he smiled.

I sighed in relief that he wasn’t like those other students. I remembered back in Middle School, that week after the rankings were placed. A lot of people started to search my background information and tried to find embarrassing pictures of me. None of them succeeded and all they found was the awards that I won. I wasn’t usually on the computer because I didn’t have a laptop. I couldn’t afford it. If I needed to use the computers, I would go to the library.

“Why are you working here, anyway?” he asked as he crouched down and started to help me arranging the drinks in the box.

It was nice that someone nice as him was helping me, it helped the get the job much faster.

“I work here….”

“Why work here? Don’t your parents have that Son Company that sells like the best of the best cameras and camera equipment for photography? I mean, Myungsoo even wanted one of those cameras. I mean, I shouldn’t have said that. Can you not tell him I said that because he might kill me later?”

When he mentioned my family’s company, I remembered the coldness of my father and how he never cared about my mother and me. Yet, what surprised me was that my mother would always say that he isn’t cold just has a hard time to express his feelings. Well, if someone that never bothered to pay attention me when I was in the house, isn’t that considered cold? It’s the reason why I left my family’s house, I should say mansion, because of my father’s coldness and him neglecting my presence. I didn’t want to live in a house where the atmosphere was always tense.

I also remembered when I was in first grade. I was awarded the principal’s choice award because of my art and I went to show it to my parents. My mother happily hugged me and I went over to my dad and was too busy talking to his phone. When he was done with conversation, he looked at me and pointed toward the car. It meant that he wanted us to leave the school already and go home.

I didn’t want to tell Sungyeol the full truth so I somewhat made up a story.

“I work here because I live alone in apartment and I need money. Oh that company, well my cousin’s uncle owns that company. It’s okay; I rarely talk to him anyway so what’s the use of telling him this information but that’s interesting that he likes photography,” I said with a smile while looking at him.

“You’re lying about the company. I can see it with your actions. You seem to avert your eyes. You seem bothered about that particular subject so I won’t bother asking. Yeah, I know that you two don’t talk. If we put you and him as partners, you two would just work silently and probably argue later about the answer. It’s probably the first time I spoken to you, Son Naeun,” he said with a smile on his face.

“Yeah it’s probably the last,” I said as I stood up and started to walk away from him.

“Wait! Aren’t you going to Chorong’s party? I mean, I just came here to buy drinks but I was distracted because you were struggling with that box,” he said quickly.

“Yeah, I’m going but I will be a little late.”

“Why?”

“I need to take a shower and change my clothes.”

“Why, you look perfectly fine.”

“You ask too many questions….”

“I know,” he laughed, “I’ll wait for you…I mean, my chauffeur can take us there. He can wait and Woohyun doesn’t mind if we’re late. I mean I have the drinks and he always said that he needs everything before a party can start.”

Sungyeol was getting on my nerves, like how Myungsoo would comment on my way of completing and studying, but I didn’t feel like walking the night and he did offer. I turned to him and gave a sigh.

“Fine, you can take me. I’ll try to be quick,” I said as I walked quickly to the staff room.

After taking a shower and dressing myself in black sweater and pants with converse sneakers. I walked outside of the staff room to see Sungyeol sitting on the waiting chairs. I smiled although it was probably the last time I would be offered to do something like this.

“Are you read, Son Naeun?”

“Just call me Naeun….I don’t really like being called my full name,” I said while I carried a bag of my dirty clothes, Chorong’s gift, and the snacks that Woohyun wanted.

“Okay,” he said nodding as we started to walk outside of the grocery, trying to make it to the party.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

I stepped out of the car and asked the chauffer to pick me up when I call him. I looked at Woohyun’s house, actually a mansion but not as big as mine, and gave a man my invitation for clarification if I was invited to this surprise party.

When I stepped inside, I realized there was only food. Where are the drinks and snacks?

“Myungsoo! I’m glad you can make it,” said Woohyun as he gave me a hug.

“Dude, where are the drinks and the snacks?” I asked while I scanned the place.

“Ah…well...you see...I asked Sungyeol to buy the drinks and Naeun to buy the snacks,” I looked him with stunned eyes. That girl is going to be at the party, maybe I shouldn’t have come.

“Did you just say her name?” I glared at him.

“Ah…well, she is one of Chorong’s trusted friends…so I invited her also. Don’t worry; I’ll try to divert you two so that there would be no tension and arguments,” he said while giving the thumbs up.

I wasn’t happy with what he said and I was kind of tired. I sat on the couch and took out my phone. I started to text Sungyeol because that choding was late again and I’m thirsty. I didn’t feel like drinking water but a soda. It wasn’t a good choice but I needed some caffeine after sitting and working in an office for more than 2 hours long.

After Sungyeol left, the room felt empty and I felt somewhat lonely. I don’t know how dad works in such a big office and not feel tired from sitting there all day. I closed my eyes and went to rest, trying to not listen to Woohyun and his complaints and worries.

I heard some beeping and vibration and wanted to chuck it out of the window because it disturbed my nap. When I woke, I realized it was my phone and Sungyeol’s text:

Text from Sungyeol:

I can’t get into the party! Get Woohyun here now or else no drinks!

I knew that he would forget his invitation so I looked for Woohyun. When I finally found him, he was talking to Chorong on the phone. Bad time to disturb him because I knew they were being lovey dovey again, probably, but I decided to barge in anyway.

“Woohyun, your drinks are here. Sungyeol is stuck outside because he can’t get into the house without an invitation. Choding problems,” I said and walked off.

I felt like someone was passing me and saw Woohyun run toward the door. Wow, he must be desperate on drinks…..

I walked toward the door and stopped when I saw her next to Sungyeol. Did those two arrived at the same time? Is that why Sungyeol was late? Why am I so worried? Stupid questions, I should go and greet him now.

“Myungsoo, you got here before me. I thought you were going to be late?” asked Sungyeol as he sat next to me.

“Yeah, I finished early. It was weird that you got here later than me. I won’t ask, it’s your business,” I said as I taking a Pepsi can and started to drink it.

I glanced at Naeun and saw her arranging the gifts for Chorong. I glanced at the table and saw how neatly arrange it.

“Woah, Naeun, do you have like artistic assorting skills or something?” said Woohyun as he gave her a drink of water.

“No, it just looked messy so I arranged it.”

“Anyways, when are they coming?” asked Woohyun.

I stopped listening to the conversation and looked at Sungyeol who was staring at Naeun.

“Why are you staring at her like that?” I said.

“I bumped into her today at the grocery store and I talked to her. She isn’t as bad as people described her to be. She is really innocent minded but really independent,” said Sungyeol.

I looked at him with a dumbfound face. Are you kidding me? My predictions were correct? How the heck did this happen? Usually my predictions are wrong……

I was about to say something but Woohyun screamed.

“CHORONG IS COMING! SOME SHUT THE LIGHTS AND STAY STILL! I’ll get the cake!”

****

When Woohyun screamed Chorong was coming, Naeun was stationed near the drinks. She was walking back to her spot but the lights went out. Being scared of the pitch dark, she tried to find the closest person she knows, Woohyun. She tried to use her senses because sight wasn’t going to help her.

As she walked slowly around the room, she started to walk across the room. Looking at the darkest figures in the room, she knew that Myungsoo and Sungyeol were at the couch. She backed away and tripped backwards. She was about to fall but someone grabbed her arm and pulled her closer to them.

“You’re so stupid.  Stay still until the lights turn out,” whispered the stranger as he let go of her arm.

Naeun didn’t say anything as she kept quiet. She didn’t know who it was as she tried to figure out whose tone of voice it was. She knew it couldn’t be Sungyeol because he didn’t really have a low tone. Woohyun was in the kitchen and she didn’t really talk to the other members. Myungsoo hated her and was sitting at the couch probably when the lights turned off. She watched the door open slightly as she heard voices outside.

“Chorong, go inside already!” whined Bomi as she was carrying Chorong’s stuff.

“Aniyo! It’s pitched dark black and I can’t see anything,” said Chorong.

“But we’re cold,” whined the rest of Apink.

Chorong looked at her friends’ pouting faces. She couldn’t resist Bomi’s and gave a sigh. She walked into the dark house. As soon as she took two steps inside, the lights and she heard people scream.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHORONG!”

Chorong was surprised and saw Naeun was walked toward her.

“Naeunnie! ” yelled Chorong as she hugged Naeun.

“Chorong unnie! I’m sorry for not being at the mall with you!” said Naeun.

The only reason why Naeun was walking toward her was because when the lights , the mysterious guy behind her pushed her forward and left before she could witness who saved her from falling onto the coffee table. Although she wanted to thank him, she also wanted to argue with him that she wasn’t stupid but clumsy but he left before she could see her so she stopped thinking about him.

“It’s okay, I forgive you. Did you make this for me? ” smiled Chorong.

“Aniyo, it was Woohyun oppa,” smiled Naeun as she heard Woohyun started singing the birthday song.

Chorong turned around and saw Woohyun delivering the cake. She was so happy that he remembered as she blew the cake. Woohyun asked for her wish and Chorong said it already came true.

While Chorong and Woohyun were enjoying each other’s company, Sungyeol was looking for Myungsoo. He found him at the back porch drinking water and taking pictures of Woohyun’s backyard.

“Oi! There you are! I was looking for you when the lights shut down. Where did you go?” said Sungyeol as he sat next to Myungsoo.

“I was near the table of drinks. Some stupid girl decided it was the greatest idea to walk in the dark and almost tripped. She was about to knock down the drinks but I caught her in time. Aish, women these days,” said Myungsoo as he shook her head.

“Who was it?” asked Sungyeol.

“I don’t remember,” said Myungsoo. That annoying girl, Son Naeun but I don't want to tell you.

 


Woah! I was able to update today! OMG! That's like an accomplishment.
Very boring right now I know. I'm sorry. TT
At least there was Myungeun contact even thought it was little o/
I'm sorry......I'm very slow and yeah.......
Comment or Subscribe =3