Chapter 23: Te Amo

Fated Promise

Myungsoo’s POV

I observed the room and realized that she no longer was here. Her things were no longer on the bed that we slept. Her books were not neatly stacked on the tables. She left the hotel before I could chase after her. I felt like I was going delusional.

She was happy to be with me right? I mean, that’s not the reason why she left, right?

I wanted her to stay. I knew if she went back to Korea, my only chance to say ‘I love you’ will be ruined. I wouldn’t be this close to her if she goes back to Korea now. Sungyeol would be around her and her father would be over protective of her. Also, after high school, she probably would go to the same university that her mother went to. I rushed toward my bed and stuffed my clothes and everything into my luggage. I zipped my bag up and placed my camera into my bag. I called up a taxi again while packing.

Naeun, please don’t go.

I took the room card and ran into the elevator. When the elevator opened, I rushed in front of the front lobby and didn’t let them speak.

“Sir, you’re-”

“I’m leaving. Here is the credit card. Scan it now,” I said in a hurry.

After the worker scanned my credit card, I walked toward the lobby and looked for the taxi I called for. There, I found the yellow car that was parked away from the entrance. My chauffeur stopped in front of me and I gave a glare.

“Move out of the way,” I muttered.

“I can’t do that sir. You’re supposed to stay here for another week. Why are you suddenly leaving?”

“I’m not enjoying it. I need her.”

I pushed my chauffeur out of the way and ran toward the taxi. I opened the door and placed the luggage beside me.

“Where to, sir?”

“JFK airport and make it fast,” I muttered.

The taxi driver pulled away from the entrance and I didn’t glance back at the hotel. I closed my eyes and hoped that Naeun was still at the airport. I really didn’t want her to go. The taxi driver pulled up to JFK airport and I gave him ten dollars because our hotel was close to the airport. I thanked the taxi driver and ran into the airport with my luggage.

When I got inside to the airport, I looked for a girl with black wavy hair and a black luggage similar to mine. I took out my cellphone and started to call Naeun. Placing it onto my ear, all I heard for the sound of ringing.

“Come on, pick up the phone,” I muttered.

The ringing ended and a voice came.

“Hello?” asked Naeun.

“Where are you?” I asked, with a sigh of relieve.

“Why should I tell you?” she said.

That angered me. She was probably messing with me to buy herself time to board the plan, probably.

“Tell me where you are. This vacation is not ending until I say so,” my voice was stern and full of anger.

“You don’t need me to make this vacation better. You can have Sunhee. Haven’t you noticed her feelings? She loves you. Why don’t you go toward her and leave out of the picture?” she said.

What!?! Why is Sunhee brought into this conversation? I know she loves me but I want you more than her! Why are you so dense?

I gritted my teeth as I kept silence and tried to think of something to make her stay. I got a good way of making her stay and it was using her situation at her new home.

“Do you want to go back to Korea that quickly? Weren’t you having fun being away from your father? You are away from those regulations and that prison. Why do you want to go back right now? Stop fulfilling other people’s needs for once and think about yourself. You were happy being here, weren’t you?” I asked.

There was silence on the other line and she didn’t answer me. I panicked because I thought she hanged up on her.

“Hello? Naeun, are you still there?” I asked.

“It’s because of Sunhee. I just wanted to leave that place because of her. I had a feeling she wanted to get rid of me just to spend time with you. I was glad to stay with you but I never had a chance to talk to you, normally. This trip. . .that your mother planned was a good way to understand you but Sunhee came. I kept quiet about it because I’m not the type to complain. I bottle up my feelings until I can’t contain it any longer and would cry on my own. It’s best if I just leave. We’re too incompatible to stay with each other for even three days. I’ll see you in school,” said Naeun.

“Wait Naeun-”

Before I could finish what I wanted to say, she hanged up on me.

“Shet!”

I cursed under my breath as she hanged up and I clutched my phone. I walked toward the counter and purchased a ticket for Korea. If she’s going back to Korea, then I’m coming back too.

 

Naeun’s POV

I couldn’t believe I said that. I couldn’t believe he chased after me. I’ve been acting weird since this trip, more like a three day vacation, ever happened. It was weird that I was acting like this. Since when did I ever care about L? I mean, I’m sure I despised him for four years now. We’re practically enemies. Why did this all change when another girl came into scenario? Why did I suddenly start to scare about him? I couldn’t understand myself but what hurt me the most was seeing Sunhee frustrated during that camp.

I just wanted to get away from them and from him. Was I running away from L or did I leave because of Sunhee? I think I ran away from L because of Sunhee. It was a one sided love tragedy that I caused. Sunhee’s friend JB loves Sunhee but Sunhee loves L. I don’t know about L but there is no way he would love me, I think. I don’t know, maybe I was just denying reality.

I boarded the plane and started to think about the past years with L. My favorite memory of him was meeting him after I beat him on the first exam I took for this elite academy. His face was priceless because he glared at me but also was shocked at the same time. I remember walking past him as he stared at me. The students glared at me but I didn’t care as I walked. One student stopped in front of me and even told me that I didn’t belong to this school and that I needed to retake the test. My response was simple and easy. I told the students that went in front of me that I didn’t see him ace the test so why should I take the test over.

L looked at me with those interesting eyes. He walked toward me and I kept my emotionless face. The words he said to me were simple but it made me angry. I was considered a try hard and I was but I was offended by it when I was in middle school. Aigoo, I missed those quarrels with him back in middle school. Now, we barely talk or I just talk to Sungyeol. I guess I’m going back to a boring life with me staying in the prison cell that my father built for me. I didn’t want to go back. I wanted to stay here with L, honestly. It’s just Sunhee was there to make things complicated.

The plane was about to take off but I noticed someone had got on board the plane in time. The seat next to me was empty and he sat in the seat. He wore all black and wore sunglasses. I suddenly realized who he was.

“L?” I asked.

“You think you can leave me, behind?”

“How did-”

“I already told you. This vacation just started,” said L as we flew back to Korea.

I was glad he made it in time because staying in Korea was fine with us. After we got off the airport, L and I went back to his residence to see a disappointed Mistress Kim.

“You two stayed in America for like four days! What happened!?!” asked Mistress Kim, in distress.

“Umma, why didn’t you tell me that Sunhee owned that place?” asked L.

I stood behind and kept my head down low as I listened to their silly argument. I learned that Mistress Kim wanted us to stay there so that L could understand his feelings for me.

“Umma! I think of Naeun as a friend now. I don’t have a crush on her! She’s standing right next to me!” whined Myungsoo.

I gave a laugh at L’s tantrums and looked down. Those four days were also memorable because it brought both of us closer.

“Aigoo, fine both of you are going to Europe. I don’t want you two to get back from Europe until a month from now or else,” said Mistress Kim as she gave us plane tickets to Europe.

I didn’t want to know what she was thinking about the or else part so we both decided to follow her plan.

L walked beside me and whispered.

“No one will bother us there, not even Sunhee. Don’t worry about her.”

I nodded as we started our second vacation plan and this time it was to Europe.

****

When Naeun and Myungsoo arrived at London, United Kingdom, Naeun was silently following Myungsoo. They reached the hotel and the same routine was set for them. There was one bed, it was big enough for them and also it was cold and they couldn’t control the heating and cooling conditions in the room. Naeun and Myungsoo didn’t mind as they were looking at the schedule. Myungsoo was tired so he sat on the bed while Naeun was at the couch looking at the schedule.

Myungsoo glanced at Naeun and gave a sigh that she was too busy paying attention at the schedule. He walked toward the couch and snatched the schedule that she was reading.

“YAH! What was that for?” Naeun yelled as she turned around and saw Myungsoo’s face was an inch close to hers.

She pushed herself back and fell off the couch. Myungsoo laughed at Naeun’s reaction and walked toward her to help her up. Naeun, being stubborn, refused to get help as she gave Myungsoo the cold shoulder.

“I was kidding! Come on, Naeun,” said Myungsoo as he sat on the couch looking back at Naeun.

Naeun kept silent as she walked toward the bed and sat on it. She took out her sketch book and drew. Myungsoo looked at Naeun and gave a sigh.

“Yah! Naeun, talk to me,” he said as he sat next to her.

Naeun pushed him away she continued to draw silently. Myungsoo became frustrated with Naeun’s silent treatment that he stared at her until she looked at him.

“Naeun, tomorrow you have to talk to me. How are we going to the museum, if you don’t talk to me? I mean, we’re away from Sunhee now,” said Myungsoo.

He waited for an answer but nothing. He grew angry and annoyed with her silence as he turned her toward him and cupped her face.

“I love you.”

“Saranghae.”

“Te amo.”

“Aieru.”


SO SO SO SO SO SO SO
SORRY!
For the rush.
I'm trying to finish this so I can update Scarlet Letters.
Anyways, I somewhat time skipped a little.
Yep cause Sunhee was a minor character.
The main conflict is still the fathers of Naeun and Myungsoo.
TT Thank you!
I have more than 90 subscribers. TT