Chapter 33: Business is Pride

Fated Promise

Myungsoo’s POV

I woke up with Naeun snuggling close to me. I glanced at her sleeping face and started to softly trace her features. I stopped when she started to move. She turned around and moved away from me as she still slept. I decided to get out of bed and quietly left her apartment. I walked to my apartment and took my card out of my pocket. When I walked inside, Sungyeol was already making breakfast. He looked up and smiled.

“Hey Myung, how was sleeping beside Naeun?” teased Sungyeol as he placed my black coffee in front of me when sitting on the stool.

“It’s fine. She and I slept perfectly well. How about you?” I said while giving a sigh.

“It was cramped in L. Joe’s place so I asked Chorong, Bomi, Namjoo, and Eunji if I can sleep on the couch in this apartment. They said yes so I slept here.”

“That’s good.”

Sungyeol and I ate our breakfast silently while I was thinking about my family crisis. I don’t know how to fix it, now that my father gave me the chairman position. Did he purposely give me the chairman position just so he can teach me a lesson about business? It was his fault in the first place. If he only was like Naeun’s father in business and didn’t cheat on writing the contracts, we wouldn’t be in this mess in the first place.

“Myung?” asked Sungyeol as he waved a hand over my face.

“Huh? Ah, Yeol. . .sorry,” I said while giving a sigh.

“You’re thinking about the company, aren’t you?” said Sungyeol.

Sungyeol has been my best friend and I tell him everything but this company business was publicized because of Sun Hee and her parents.

“Yeah, I don’t know how to fix it. Abeoji bailed on me and made me chairman. How do I fix seven leading branches in Kim Corporation if they don’t trust my family? My family and I are practically broke. The house we live in is being sold for collateral. I’m wearing middle class clothes now. Also, this is technically your apartment and I owe you for the plane ticket. I placed all of my money from the stocks I sold before this crisis happened to my college funding. Now what? Eventually the Kims will be bankrupt. I don’t know how to fix it.”

I ruffled my hair because I owe Sungyeol so much money and I don’t know to pay for it. I practically sold my expensive clothing to have enough money to pay back my best friend. How am I supposed to fulfill Son Eunmi’s promise about taking care of Naeun if I can’t take care of my family? I slammed my hand on the table and missed the glass by a centimeter. Sungyeol placed a hand on my shoulder and gave a sigh.

“Myungsoo, you’re a great business man. I would say better than your father. You can fix this mess but I have a favor. Ask Naeun for help. She is at the same level of understanding business like you. Actually, she’s a good negotiator thus all seven branches of the Son Company is still ranked one because of Naeun’s business skills.”

“Are you kidding!?! Ask Naeun for help? You’re funny. She doesn’t even know I’m broke. She believes that I don’t have that much money but I still can buy this apartment. She doesn’t know that I don’t have any money left in my bank and I’m living on the stock shares that I’m selling and earning money that way.”

“This is exactly why you need her. You helped her so much throughout her high school. Why can’t you just ask for help from her? What if you go bankrupt? Will you go to her then?”

“If I become bankrupt, there is no point in seeing her. She would be high in the rankings and I would be in the very bottom.”

“Myung! Snap out of that misery and see what is happening right now! You can fix this mess, just ask Naeun for help. She will help you.”

“Sungyeol, no. I have to go because I set up a meeting with other companies. Tell Naeun that I needed to go somewhere but don’t tell her that I’m working.”

Sungyeol gave a sigh as he watched me leave the room.

“Myungsoo, if you don’t tell your girlfriend the truth, she will not be happy because you can’t trust her.”

“It’s not that I don’t trust her. It’s my pride that I don’t want Naeun to ruin.”

 

Naeun’s POV

It was weird. I was hearing voices and felt that Myungsoo was no longer beside me.

“Do you think she is awake?” asked a familiar voice.

“Want to poke her? I feel like she’ll kick me.”

“You do it! I’m not going near her if she glares at me.”

“Fine. . .”

I woke up in an instant when I heard someone poking me. The two girls screamed and I saw it was Hayoung and Yookyung. I shook my head and tried to fix my hair in the morning because it was covering my face.

“Yah! Naeun, you scared me!” yelled Yookyung.

“Well, you two were speaking loudly so I heard your conversation,” I said while laughing.

“Aigoo,” whispered Hayoung.

“Where’s Myungsoo?” I asked while standing up and fixing my bed.

“I don’t know. We were going to go into your room and take a picture of you two,” said Hayoung.

“You two really want to see my glare, don’t you?” I said while laughing.

Yookyung and Hayoung ran outside while I fixed making the bed. Suddenly, I got a text from Sungyeol. It was weird that he was texting me but I decided to check.

Hey Naeun,

Myungsoo left early because he needed to go somewhere.

It’s business related.

-Sungyeol

“Business related? So he didn’t just come here to meet me?” I said to myself.

When I walked out of my room, I saw all of Apink here.

“Hey, Naeun,” said all of them.

“Hey, guys. What’s for breakfast?” I asked.

They all laughed because they knew that I loved food. I sat next to Namjoo and I listened to Chorong speak.

“The boys are busy. I don’t know why though but they said that we all can go shopping. They all decided to help Myungsoo with something. He didn’t tell me why either,” said Chorong.

“Wait, help Myungsoo with something? Is it for Naeun?” smirked Namjoo as she nudged my shoulder.

“I don’t think so because Sungyeol just texted me saying that Myungsoo is busy with business stuff so it’s possible related to his company crisis,” I said.

“Sometimes, I feel like Naeun is going to end up a detective alongside with Yookyung,” said Eunji.

“Aniyo Eunji unnie, I’m going to be like my mother and major is business. I need to sustain my family company.”

“Since we’re in New York City, who wants to go shopping? Also, Naeun you can’t refuse on this because you have no excuse,” said Bomi.

I laughed when Bomi said that and also agreed to go shopping with Apink.

****

Myungsoo smiled as his conference was a success. He convinced a few people to believer in the Kim Corporation once again. He walked out of the conference hall and saw his friends sitting bored by the benches.

“Hey, guys! It worked. I got the American branch to believe in the Kim Corporation again,” smiled Myungsoo.

His friends looked up at him and smiled.

“That’s great! You just need to fix the other six,” said Sungyeol.

“You should thank us,” said Dongwoo.

“Yeah, yeah. I owe you guys a lot,” chuckled Myungsoo.

“Yeah, we practically saved you clothes and money. Anyways, is your mom working in Korea as a middle class worker?” asked Woohyun.

“Yeah. . .after Abeoji gave me the chairman position, he disappeared. He left me with my mom. I don’t know where he went,” said Myungsoo as he gave a sigh and sat next to Sungjong.

“Yeah, why does your mom makes us call you Mistress Kim when you’re a legal child and she is your legal mother?” asked Hoya as he changed the subject.

“I don’t know. She’s like being called taht. I remember the time when Naeun first stayed at my house. It was that time in the during our 2nd year of High School,” sighed Myungsoo.

“What? You two were enemies back around that time,” said Sungjong.

“Yeah, but Naeun’s mother died that day and to see Naeun work so hard in that grocery store made me see how hardworking she is to achieve her goals,” said Myungsoo.

“So that’s why you fell for Naeun,” said Sunggyu.

“Yeah,” said Myungsoo as he gave a smile.

“We should celebrate then. To the mall,” said Sungyeol.

“What do you want to do there?” asked Woohyun.

“Apink is there shopping,” said Sungjong.

“In second thought, let’s go to the café. I’m hungry,” said Sungyeol.

Everyone laughed at Sungyeol’s answer. Infinite remembered the time when they met Apink at the mall. They decided not to have another repeat with what happened that day.

****

Naeun had the least amount of bags compared to the rest of Apink. She watched her friends place all of their bags into their big shopping bags. She shook her head at their struggles. They decided to rest near a fountain near the café shop.

“First class struggles, I see,” teased Naeun.

“Yah! Help me,” whined Bomi as she tried to combine her bags.

Naeun and Namjoo decided to help Bomi while the rest of Apink were trying to combine their shopping bags.

“Are we done?” asked Naeun.

“No, why didn’t you buy that much?” asked Chorong.

“I don’t know, I guess I wasn’t in the mood,” said Naeun.

“Wasn’t in the mood? You kept going toward clothes but decided not the buy them,” said Namjoo.

“Yeah. . .Even though I’m rich, I was raised in a poor environment. I only buy clothes if it’s really worth the money,” said Naeun.

“We need to clean and match Naeun’s closet again because I saw a lot of black,” said Yookyung.

“Anyways, you guys look tired. Let’s go rest at the café over there,” smiled Naeun as she pointed to a small café.

Apink walked inside the café and saw the color. It was nice place for people to have coffee and small pastries. There were a lot of business workers and other people sitting down and drinking their coffee. Apink sat a round table but Naeun seemed to be nowhere to be found.

“Weird, where did Naeun go?” asked Chorong.

“She was next to me last time,” said Bomi.

“Something’s weird. Eunji and Hayoung, guard our bags. The rest come with me,” said Chorong.

They spilt up around the mall and tried to find Naeun but they couldn’t find her. Chorong started to panic when she found Naeun’s cellphone near the fountain.

Chorong looked at a text message and saw a link. She pressed on the link and read the headlines.

Breaking News: In America, Chairman Son collapses before giving his conference speech.

“Naeun. . .” whispered Chorong.


I have to say that this story is ending soon. D=
There will be like 5 or 6 chapters left? I think.
If you want to keep reading my stories o/ 
Go read Scarlet Letters. Also, I'm planning another romance story.
It's not in modern times. It will be around the Middle Ages. ouob
I always wanted to try a fanfic about them being princess or prince. lol.
I haven't really thought about it yet because I'm still trying to figure out the endinf of this story.
Right! I have to study for my exams now.