Chapter 21: Camp Trip

Fated Promise

Myungsoo’s POV

I walked out of the bathroom and saw Naeun looking at two papers. I walked behind her and glanced at the papers. They were our schedules but I noticed something different about them. My times would be extended while Naeun’s times were shortened.

“Your breath stinks,” said Naeun.

I haven’t eating anything yet....She broke the silence while she turned around and handed me my schedule. While she was packing her bags for the camping trip, I decided to start another conversation with her.

“It’s weird to see your times shortened than mine, is someone playing with your schedule? It doesn’t seem accurate to me,” I said while packing my bags.

“I don’t know. I’ll follow your schedule instead since we both have the same activities,” said Naeun.

“Seems reasonable, so are you done packing?”

“Yep,” said Naeun as she zipped her bag up and sat on her bed.

“You know we’re going to be there for a week, right?” I said while inspecting her bag.

“I know, I folded everything and this backpack was designed to carry a lot of clothes and items. Who is bring us there?”

“That chauffeur.”

When I said chauffeur, there was a knock on the door. We stood up and opened the door. There stood the chauffeur with his GPS to bring us to the Camelback Mountains located in Pennsylvania.

“Are you and Naeun ready to go?” said the chauffeur.

I didn’t feel like answering him as Naeun answered for me while she closed the door behind her. She then ran up to catch up to me and slapped my arm.

“Why are you a jerk to everyone that you don’t even know?” whispered Naeun. I hate people and I can’t trust them. You’re an exceptions as well as Infinite.

I didn’t answer her because it stupid since the chauffeur followed us to the elevator. When we reached the lobby, there stood Sunhee dressed like she was ready for hiking.

“Hi, Myungsoo~” smiled Sunhee as she hugged me.

I shoved her away from me and glared at the chauffeur. It was a good thing he understood my silent language as he explained.

“Well, Sunhee’s parents wanted her to enjoy the outdoors and since you and Miss um....”

“Naeun,” said Naeun.

“Yes, since you and Miss Naeun are going to be camping, he decided it was good for Sunhee to join you two. All of you are about the same age and Korean although, you two are really good at speaking English. I haven’t had to translate anything in Korean at all. I may inform you that Sunhee is not very good at speaking Korean,” said the chauffeur.

“I can speak Korean! Not that fluently but enough to satisfy my father,” whined Sunhee.

I didn’t understand why the chauffeur said all that crap. He could have just said Sunhee’s parents suggested Sunhee to join us. That would have been simple and done but since he said that, we wasted five minutes of driving. I realized that Naeun was already at the door so it meant she didn’t pay attention to what the chauffeur had said.

While Sunhee was complaining to the chauffeur, I slipped passed them and joined Naeun by the entrance.

“So you were here this whole time?” I asked.

“No duh, he was saying so many unrelated things so I left after he mentioned my name.”

“Are they arguing?”

“Yep, I slipped passed Sunhee while they were arguing and-”

“My schedule was changed because of her.”

“What?”

Naeun interrupted what I was saying as she looked at me.

“My schedule was changed because of her. I saw her holding my original schedule and glanced at it. It was the same times as you. Anyways, I don’t care,” said Naeun as she gave a shrug.

“SEE! I told you they were at the entrance! You’re a lousy chauffeur! Go and pack all of our luggage in the car already!” yelled Sunhee.

Naeun and I turned around saw Sunhee giving the chauffeur all of her luggage to the chauffeur. I kind of felt bad for the chauffeur because he has to deal with the haughtiness of Sunhee. Anyways, Naeun climbed into the car first and I was about to follow but Sunhee went in second. I didn’t want to sit next to her so I sat in front while the chauffeur.

“Myungsoo~ wae don’t you sit next to me~?” pouted Sunhee.

“The front is good and if the chauffeur needs a navigator, I’ll help him,” I said, giving an excuse.

Naeun gave a scoff and simply answered what was going on at my mind.

“The reason he didn’t want to sit next to you is because you’re annoying. I’m sorry for being rude but you clearly have no respect for other people’s personal space,” said Naeun with an emotionless tone in her voice.

Sunhee was quite shocked at Naeun’s words as she shut when the chauffeur came. He didn’t ask what was going on because of the tension he felt. He started the car and off we drove to the Camelback Mountains in Pennsylvania. During the ride to the lodge, it was rather quiet. Sunhee kept shut while she didn’t try to glance at Naeun.

You always surprise me, Naeun. I didn’t think you would say that. I glanced at the rear view mirror and saw Naeun looking at the window. She seemed rather amazed with the scenery and didn’t show it. I could tell because of the fidgeting of her hands every time we passed by a nice scenery.

When we got to the hiking center, there stood two guides waiting for us to get off the car. Naeun and I greeted them when we got off while Sunhee stood behind me. They started to explain the rules and regulations of hiking and then finally spilt us into two groups. I was with Sunhee while Naeun was with a person named JB. I gave a sigh as I watched Naeun walk on a different trail than me.

 

Naeun’s POV

I couldn’t believe I exploded my anger like that. Luckily, I was able to control myself on what I said to Sunhee. It was just she wouldn’t stop whining since I saw her. It’s probably because she gets everything she wants. I am not jealous but rather annoyed because she doesn’t understand the hardships of what the chauffeur has to do in order to get money. She doesn’t understand the meaning of working hard and suffering.

 Anyways, I think I scared her off after I said she was annoying. She didn’t talk at all during the car ride. When I glanced at her, she would be looking down or at the window. I was amazed by the scenery and would take pictures with my camera. He was also taking pictures with his camera. When we arrived to our destination, I saw two guides standing and waiting for us while they were accompanied with another guy.

L and I greeted the guides and smiled. We were both excited to go hiking through the mountain trails. I noticed that Sunhee stood behind L while the rules and regulations were being explained. When they were done, they spilt us into two groups. I was with group two that consisted with the male guide and JB, the guy who stood next to them.

“Hello, my name is JB,” said the guy.

“My name is Naeun,” I said.

“Alright, we’re heading first, see you guys later at this lodge,” said the guide to the L’s guide.

I glanced at L, he gave me a nod and an expression that I would be alright. Sunhee, in the other hand, gave a smirk and waved me good bye like she wouldn’t be seeing me ever again. Every time she was with L, I would get jealous. I hated this jealousy feeling because I never felt this before. I didn’t know whether it was because I think L is my special friend or I love him. It frustrates me because I always despised L and I never developed feelings for anyone. Why would I be jealous of Sunhee if I despise L? Do I like him?  I didn’t want to know as I walked behind JB. I was trailing behind and took pictures of the place.

It was fun because I took pictures of different kinds of flowers and drew a lot of pictures of animals, during on breaks. JB seemed to be fascinated with my drawings as he watched me from the side. I didn’t talk to him that much because I kept my distance from people I didn’t know. I never seemed to trust people but would act nice in front of them.

When we took a break for the second time, he sat down beside me and glanced at my drawing.

“You’re a good artist,” he said as he watched me draw.

I didn’t say anything as I finished drawing. After the five minute break, our guide told us that we were going to hike toward a falls. I was excited as I trailed behind them. The trails were getting steep as I tried to catch up with the guide and JB. When I got to the top, I saw that I was way behind as I ran toward them.

When I got to the falls, I saw them already leaving the falls and followed toward the trail as they walked down. Are you kidding me? You guys are too fast and don’t even look what’s behind you!?! I ran up to catch them and saw they were a few yards away from me. Realizing the trail was steep, I was trying to walk down carefully but fast as possible because I didn’t want to be lost. When I got down the steep hill, I saw only the tops of their heads of the trail. I walked because I had no strength to run.

“WAIT FOR ME!” I yelled as loud as I can.

I walked onto another steep hill and tripped because of a tree branch. When I fell down, I covered my face. My pants were dirty and I was too tired to catch up. I took out my walkie talkie and tried to send a signal that I was left by my group. There was no answer. I have the right channel, right? I stood up again and walked toward the falls. That was a good place to stay at since it was a landmark that would make it easier for the guides to find me.

****

While Naeun was waiting for her guide to come find her, Myungsoo was having trouble on trying to stay away from Sunhee. She kept clinging onto him as they walked onto the trail together. Sunhee was having a good time with Myungsoo while Myungsoo tried to push her away. He didn’t like the fact that he was partnered with her.

“Myungsoo, what do you see in Naeun? She seems rather boring,” said Sunhee as she clung onto Myungsoo’s arm.

“She’s a classmate of mine and now my friend. Don’t say she is boring. She is ranked one in Seoul now,” said Myungsoo as he tried to pry her off his arm.

“Really? She seems poor to me,” said Sunhee, not caring to hear about Naeun.

“She’s not. Her father owns the Son Company of Electronics and Photography. It’s ranked one in the whole world and second in Korea while my father’s company is ranked one in Korea and second in the world. Also, will you stop clinging onto me!?!” yelled Myungsoo as he finally pushed her away.

“Why are you so mean to me?” whined Sunhee as she started to cry.

“Because you won’t give me my personal space,” yelled Myungsoo.

He didn’t dare look at Sunhee or he would fall under her trap on comforting her. He decided to follow the guide instead. Jiyeon wiped her tears and glared at Myungsoo.

“I hate her!” said Sunhee as she took out her walkie talkie and started to talk into it.

“Got rid of her yet?” said Sunhee.

“I did but the kid, JB, is trying to find her. I told him that she will be fine. Her channel is the wrong signal also so you’ll be fine for tonight,” said the male guide.

“Good, find her tomorrow because I want to spend more time with Myungsoo,” said Sunhee.

“As you wish, since you already paid me in advance,” said the male guide.

Sunhee placed her walkie talkie into Naeun’s channel and listened to Naeun.

“Calling to the hiking central, this is Naeun I’m stuck here by the falls. Can you hear me?” asked Naeun.

Sunhee snickered and listened to Naeun’s helpful cries for someone to help her. She then placed it back to the hiking central channel and walked onto the trail.

“Sunhee! Where were you?” asked Myungsoo as he and the female guide were waiting for her.

“Aww, you were worried about me?” asked Sunhee as she hugged Myungsoo.

Myungsoo moved away from Sunhee quickly and gave her a glare.

“Yes, I was worried because the guide was worried. She is responsible for you so stop acting like a nuisance,” said Myungsoo as he followed the guide back to the hiking central.

Myungsoo’s group was the first to arrive at the hiking central. Myungsoo sat at the waiting lounge while the other guide was listening to the radio if the other guides needed help. Sunhee sat in front of Myungsoo while Myungsoo was looking through his photos.

He would glance up from time to time hoping that Naeun’s group would come soon. After a few minutes, Naeun’s group finally came. The group looked exhausted and was missing someone. Myungsoo looked up and saw only the male guide and JB. Where is Naeun? Why isn’t she here? He walked toward the male guide as he didn’t want to think that Naeun was lost. He walked up and listened to the conversation

“Where is the girl? Where is Naeun?” asked the female guide.

“I don’t know. We lost her after hiking an hour ago. We tried to find her but she wasn’t there,” said the male guide.

“We tried to find her by the falls and everywhere we stayed to rest,” said JB.

“You haven’t looked hard enough! You should have contacted the central the minute you saw her missing! Also, she isn’t dumb! She would have contacted base the minute she wasn’t with you group,” said Myungsoo as he clenched his hand into a fist.

“Calm down Myungsoo, we’ll find her,” said the male guide as he tried calm Myungsoo down.

“You don’t look serious in finding her. She’s probably cold right now since we’re at the mountains and it’s getting dark!” yelled Myungsoo.

The room was silent as they watched Myungsoo get angry.

“We’ll find her just calm down. I’ll get a team,” said the female guide.

The female guide started to round up her guides as they set up a search team to find Naeun. They left Myungsoo, Sunhee, and JB at the hiking center. When they left, Myungsoo took his equipment and camera. He wasn’t going to stay where he was in order to make Naeun suffer more.

“Myungsoo, where are you going? They said to do stay put,” said Sunhee, as she was worried about Myungsoo.

 “Shut up, Sunhee. This isn’t about you. You have no right to tell me to calm down when she’s missing,” said Myungsoo as he got his equipment and pulled JB with him.

“What the heck!?! Why are you pulling me? I don’t-”

“You’re coming with me since you probably know where she could be,” sneered Myungsoo as he pushed JB and left Sunhee alone in the hiking center.

“I hate you, Son Naeun,” she muttered while she kicked a chair.

Myungsoo dragged JB and told him to go the start of the trail first. He knew that the trail they took was 3 hours long and Naeun was probably lost two hours ago. She probably was on the 1/3 of the trail. He took out his walkie talkie as he tried to answer in every channel while they walked.

“Naeun?”

There was no answer as Myungsoo still kept trying.

While everyone was trying to find Naeun, Naeun sat by a rock and sighed. She was getting cold and no one answered her since. She tried to find the right channel but all of them were making the same buzzing sound.

“Am I going to be lost forever? I’m at the trail and no one knows where I am?” said Naeun. I miss you Kim Myungsoo. Where are you? I want to see you, again. 

She curled up into a ball and cried into her knees because she didn’t know what to do. While she cried, she heard howling sounds. She immediately stopped crying and listened to the noise. It was already dark and still no one found her as she picked up her walkie talkie and tried to find a channel that could help her.

As she flipped through the channels, she heard yelling and screaming.

“What were the landmarks!?! She must be there! I’m not going back until I find her!” yelled a familiar voice.

She knew that yell and who would be that worried as she immediately started talking.

“Someone! Someone! Please listen to me! I’m at the falls! I’ve been here for more than 3 hours now and it’s already dark!” yelled Naeun.

Myungsoo stopped yelling and listened to the walkie talkie. He knew that voice anywhere and smiled when he found the right channel that Naeun’s walkie talkie was.

“Naeun! Where are you!?!” said Myungsoo.

“Myungsoo! I’m at the falls. Please come and rescue me!” yelled Naeun into the walkie talkie.

“Stay put, I’ll drag JB there,” said Myungsoo.

Myungsoo looked at JB and bossed him to drag him to the falls. When they got the falls, Myungsoo talked into his walkie talkie once again.

“Naeun, we’re here. Give us a signal,” said Myungsoo.

“Close your flashlight,” said Naeun.

Myungsoo closed his flashlight and Naeun flashed her flashlight. He knew exactly where she was as he his flashlight and flashed it onto the ground so that he could get to Naeun. He went closer and closer toward the light until finally he flashed the light onto her.

“Look behind you,” he whispered onto the walkie talkie.

Naeun turned around and saw Myungsoo. She hugged him and cried. Myungsoo hugged her tightly and caressed her hair. He knew that she was scared of being lost in the dark forever.

“I...thought...you weren’t going to find me,” mumbled Naeun as she cried.

“Shhh, I’m here, it’s alright, stop crying now,” said Myungsoo.

He wiped her tears and saw she didn’t stop crying. He knew that she wouldn't stop crying. He cupped her cheeks and kissed her so that only they could hear nature's animals.


WOW! I'm so in the mood of writing all of the sudden XD
YAY! Anyways, enjoy.
Subscribe, comment, or both o/
=3