Chapter 34: His blessings

Fated Promise

Naeun’s POV

I rushed toward a taxi and asked the driver to take me to the hospital after seeing that text from my father’s manager. I can’t believe that I am going to my father after hearing him collapse. This isn’t like him. Why would my father suddenly collapse? He’s been taking care of his body right? I don’t know what’s going on with my father anymore. I’ve been so detached from the Korean world. When I got the hospital, I saw my father’s manager outside.

“Heiress Son? What are you doing here?” asked my father’s manager.

“What do you mean, what am I doing here? I came here to see my father,” I said trying to pass him.

My father’s manager blocked me and pushed me outside.

“Yah! Are you out of your mind? You texted me saying my father collapsed. Why can’t I see him?”

“You’re supposed to be at the company right now, giving that speech at the conference.”

“What? I don’t care about that speech. Let me speak with my father.”

“Heiress Son! You’re acting childish! If you father sees you here, he will only yell at you and it would make his condition worse. If you want your father to be proud, go the meeting.”

“Aish! Fine! But the time I get there, the meeting would be over. What is the use of going there now if I went here?”

“They wouldn’t leave if they are true supporters of the Son Company. Anyways, I asked someone to drive you the company.”

I wanted to kick my father’s manager for giving me a vague answer as I rushed out of the hospital and saw my chauffeur. He drove me the company. When I go the company, I saw utter chaos. It seemed like my father’s guards were blocking the business groups from escaping from the building. Suddenly, one of my representatives from the American branch rushed to me.

“Miss Son! Thank goodness that you arrived.”

“What’s happening?” I asked.

“After your father collapsed, our supporters began to doubt in our company. There are some that stayed but some that tried to leave. Your father ordered the guards to not let any of our supporters leave. It’s chaos now. They might start suing us for being drastic toward them,” said my representatives.

I hated how the business world worked. Money was only their priority. Eunmi umma told me when she ran her business in America before marrying my father. She was loved by her supporters and also her workers. She ran her company differently from the rest of the companies. When she married my father, she told me how my father didn’t want to take over her company so he asked one of his American representatives to watch over my mother’s company. It’s now under my name because my mother gave it to me when she wrote her will. Basically, everyone in the business world knew me as a one of the richest chaebols because I owed my mother’s company and is a major stock holder in my father’s company. Having that title is a burden to me. I was always alone until I understood that Myungsoo had the same burden as me. He is the only heir of the Kim Corporation. If he made a mistake, he would lose his company to his cousins, just like I could bring both my mother’s and father’s company down to bankruptcy for one mistake.

“Miss Son? Are you listening?” asked my representative.

“Ah! I’m listening. Sorry, I was trying to think of something,” I said.

“Well, do it fast Miss Son before they start calling their attorneys or something.”

I rolled my eyes as I stepped in front of the guards and rolled my eyes because this was stupid.

“Release them,” I said.

“But the chairman said-” said one of the guards.

“He left me in charge and I’m telling you to release them.”

The guards nodded and let the business groups outside of the entrance.

“That was stupid! It was like they wanted to cage us like animals. This company is stupid!” yelled one of the business supporters.

“Yeah! I’m definitely not going to support this company now,” said another business representative.

“If you think this company is stupid then stop supporting it,” I said said to the business representative who just said that he wasn’t going to support the company.

“Who are you?” asked the business representative.

“Heiress Son. Daughter of Son Eunmi and Chairman Son,” I said.

“Daughter!?!” yelled the business representative as he back toward the door.

“Don’t sue me! I was just-”

“Shut up! You’re acting like an idiot. Also, you’re the only idiot here. I blame my father’s drastic move on keeping you guys caged because now all of you acting stupid,” I said.

Before they could speak, I raised a finger and started to point at the visible ones I saw.

“Yes, I called all of you stupid because supporters or not. All of you try to buy and sell as many stocks from our company shares. You have forgotten something. We could buy those stocks back since there are seven branches in the Son Company. If you don’t support us any longer, we could void the contracts, give you back all of your merchandize in our stores, and buy back all the stocks that you bought from us, removing any evidence of treason,” I stated while looking back at the business supporters with my cold gaze.

“So. . .what do you want to do now, supporters of my father’s company? Support or leave without any negotiations? I’ll be waiting in the conference hall,”  I stated as I walked past them with my representative, leaving them behind to think of my proposal.

“Daebek! I can’t believe you thought of that while I was talking to you,” said my representative.

I walked in the conference hallway and saw my father’s main supporters stayed in the room.

“Greetings, Heiress Son,” said my father’s main supporters as I bowed down.

I can’t believe Yeol’s father was here too. He decided to have a conversation with me.

“Miss Son! How are you? Excelling on your studies?” asked Chairman Lee.

“Yep! I’m doing well,” I said while giving my infamous plaster smile.

I sat down at the chairman’s chair and watched all supporters, who wanted to bail, walk back into the room and sat down at their seats.

“Interesting, so they did come back,” I whispered and commenced the meeting.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

I watched my members eat the sweets while I just drank my milkshake. They seemed to be talking about their companies while I kept quiet about mine. I hate my father. I seriously hate him. I don’t know where he is now but I hate how he left me to fix his mess that I’ve been trying to make him stop. My mother is suffering at home. She lives in the apartment and works every day to pay that debt that keeps growing. I want to escape this nightmare but what can I do? Every night, I sit in front of my desk and negotiate with companies that used to support me and ask them to support my company again. Nothing. . .they wouldn’t want to support a traitorous company like my family’s. How didn’t Naeun do this poor thing? I don’t know how to live this life? If I sink any further, I might have to part from Naeun.

Suddenly, I got a call from an unknown. It looked like a business phone number. Wait! Can it be? I hid my phone from my members and decided to excuse myself.

“Hey L! Where are you going?” asked Woohyun.

“I need to answer this call. Business related,” I lied.

I glanced at Sungyeol and he knew that I was lying. We looked at each other like we were speaking.

“You don’t know that person. Don’t answer it.”

Suddenly, Sungyeol was pulled back into the conversation. I walked outside of the café and answered the phone.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Mister Kim Myungsoo, Please come to the nearest hospital,” said the unknown caller.

“Why, sir? How did you know that I’m Kim Myungsoo,” I asked with confusion.

“There will be a man dressed in black, holding a black folder. Go toward the man and we will speak at the hospital,” said the unknown caller as he ended the call.

What the heck? How did that man known who I was? He sounded worn out. I better not tell my friends about this call. I walked back toward the café and placed my money for the shake.

“Hey guys, I’m going to head back to the apartment. See you later,” I said.

“Naeun is there already?” asked Hoya.

“Yeah, I can’t keep her waiting or she’ll leave me,” I said while scratching the back of my head.

“So Naeun is the male of this relationship, I see,” joked Dongwoo.

I gave a facepalm and just left after hearing that. Naeun, being the male in this relationship? Ha! That’s funny. She’s strong willed, Dongwoo. You have no idea how many times I had to chase after her before she finally accepted me. I caught a taxi and asked him to drive to the nearest hospital. When I got to the hospital, I walked toward the man that the unknown called described to me. He bowed toward me and directed me to room 218. I remember that number vividly in my head. It was the room that Naeun’s mother was in and also held her mother’s deathbed. When I walked into the room, I widened my eyes because standing before me was Naeun’s father.

Chairman Son.

****

Myungsoo stood frozen because Naeun’s father was in the hospital bed. He thought the call was his father but he was mistaken. Where could his father be?

“Don’t just stand there, boy!” said Naeun’s father with a  raspy voice.

Myungsoo walked slowly toward Naeun’s father and sat beside him. He didn’t understand what was going on. Naeun’s father hated his guts because he was a Kim. He remembered Naeun telling him the certain rules that his father gave to her. Almost all of the rulers directed to the Kims.

“Say something,” said Naeun’s father.

Myungsoo cleared his throat and started to speak.

“Sir, what is the reason you called me here?” asked Myungsoo.

“I wanted to see why Naeun is fond about you but I see nothing special about you,” said Naeun’s father.

Myungsoo tightened his hand into a fist and glanced around the room.

“Okay, is that all you wanted to tell me, sir?” asked Myungsoo.

“Let’s talk about business. I heard your father’s gotten himself into a whole lot of trouble.”

“Yes, Abeoji, gave me a sinking company and left my mother and I to take care of his mess.”

“I knew that man was nothing but trouble but Mistress Kim never listened to my warnings,” whispered Naeun’s father.

Myungsoo widened his eyes and looked at Chairman Son.

“Sir, you don’t-”

“Boy, if you think I love you mother, I will kill you right now. Your mother is a remarkable female that married a corrupt man but she did raise a child to be a fine gentleman.”

Myungsoo couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Naeun’s father just called him a gentleman.

“I’ve been watching over you like I’ve been watching over Naeun. I have many photos of you helping my daughter from the day her mother died. At first, I hated you but. . .I’m starting to trust you with my daughter.”

Myungsoo looked at Chairman Son with a surprised look. Did Chairman Son say that he trusts me with his daughter?

“I will help you with your rotting company since you are now crowned chairman of Kim Corporation. There is one condition. . .”

“What is it sir?” asked Myungsoo

“If your rotten father comes back and tries to take his position as rightful chairman, I will take my money back from your company and my daughter and watch your family suffer.”

“So in other words, don’t let my father be chairman again? I will do my best to fulfill your conditions. Thank you Chairman Son.”

After Chairman Son’s conversation with Myungsoo, Myungsoo walked out of the room with a check for the bank that will repair the Kim Corporation. While he was leaving, he suddenly bumped into someone.

“Yah! Watch it!” yelled Naeun as she suddenly looked up at the person.

Myungsoo grab hold of her before she fell and pulled her close to him.

“Myungsoo? What are you doing here?” asked Naeun as she looked up at him.

“Your father accepted our relationship and helped my company,” smiled Myungsoo while holding up the envelope for evidence.

“Really? I'm so happy for you!" said Naeun as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Yes, really,” said Myungsoo ask he pulled her closer and kissed her lips.

Chairman Son watched their shadow and smiled to himself. He couldn't believe that Myungsoo and Naeun resembled him and Eunmi. He remembered his moments with Eunmi as he closed his eyes and thought about her. Eunmi, Naeun’s happiness was your last wish right? I’m sorry that I was so blind. I’m sorry for hurting her for these seven years. I just wanted was best for her after you left me. She is only thing left of you.

 


Two chapter left you guys. TT
I'm sorry. D= 
It's just Myungsoo's father's fate left and the Epilouge.