Chapter 5: Helping the Enemy

Fated Promise

Myungsoo’s POV

I watched Apink and Infinite approach us and Sungyeol stayed next to me and gave a sigh. I knew what he was feeling. Infinite was going to bash on his especially when both of us escaped but Sungyeol was about to escape first. I glanced at Naeun who was looked rather hungry. I wanted to leave but Woohyun and Chorong told everyone to stay. We all separated into two groups which were Infinite and Apink.

I was closest to Apink so I could somewhat hear their conversation especially since Naeun was near me.

“Where were you Naeun and how did you find Sungyeol?” asked Chorong as she gave her a hug.

“What she means is that she was worried because we thought you were alone in the mall,” nodded Eunji.

“I was with Sungyeol the whole time and L tagged along with us,” said Naeun.

“Wait, what!?! L tagged along!?! He ditched me! I was looking at some accessories and he disappeared just like that. That jerk but he still is so cool,” said Bomi as she gave a sigh.

The girls shook their heads at Bomi and looked at Naeun, who was carrying a bag.

“So you bought something too?” asked Namjoo.

“No way! I was looking at that same accessories store before Myungsoo ditched me! Omg, don’t tell me that Sungyeol and you were in that store together,” gasped Bomi.

“Unnie, I was actually dragged into that store by Sungyeol. I bought a hairclip and that’s about it. I didn’t buy anything else,” said Naeun.

I stopped listening because I didn’t realize that Sungyeol was calling my name. He shook me until I started to talk.

“Myungsoo left us and he is now just a statue,” whined Sungyeol.

I jabbed him in the gut again because of his stupid comment.

“What!?! Can’t you see I’m looking for a good food station to go to,” I lied because I didn’t know what them to know what I was listening to.

“Oh okay, we are hungry too. Also, Apink decided to sit together so let’s sit together as well,” said Sunggyu.

“So how was it?” asked Sungyeol.

“How was what, hyung?” said Sungjong as he looked at Sungyeol confused.

We all sat at a table that not far from Apink’s table but it was far enough so we could discuss what we were going to do after lunch.

“Wait! Who is ordering food?” asked Hoya.

“I will,” I said because I had a feeling that Bomi was staring at me even if she was far away from me.

Everyone was shocked when they heard that I was ordering the food. I was the laziest person here and to hear that me, the most arrogant boy here was shocking to them. I just wanted to leave because of Bomi.

“Are you giving me your orders or not? If you don’t, I’ll just order my own food then.”

“Yah! Myungsoo, don’t be like that. Here,” said Sunggyu as they all gave me their orders.

I stood up and left the table and walked around the food court looking for the things that my hyungs and dongsaeng wanted to buy. When I finished buying their food, I came back carrying trays of food and glared at them to take it before I dropped it. They immediately rushed toward me and took their trays as I went back to the station that was selling kimbap and waited in line. When I was done ordering, I glanced toward my left and saw a girl struggling with her orders.

I realized it was Naeun and saw one of her trays was about to fall so I caught it and gave a sigh of annoyance.

“You’re really stupid. If you can’t carry that many why didn’t you ask them to help you?” I said.

“I’m not stupid, L! I lost their game so I have to order the food,” said Naeun as she glared at me.

“Since, I’m basically waiting on my food. Just wait. I’ll help you because you seem so pitiful,” I said giving a sigh.

“I don’t need help!”

“Sure you don’t,” I said with sarcasm in my voice.

She really doesn’t like to be helped by other people but when Sungyeol helps her, it’s different. What the heck is wrong with this girl!?! Does she like Sungyeol or something? She can’t though, she said to her mother and her friends that she doesn’t like anyone. Correction, she can’t like anyone because she works a lot.

When the cashier gave my food, I gave a plaster smile and helped Naeun with her trays that her friends ordered. She didn’t talk to me on the way to Apink’s table. When we got there, everyone thanked us as I nodded and left for my table.

When I was done eating, I glanced at the Apink table and saw that they left.

Wait, where did they go? Why did they leave so early? Are we really that slow in eating?

Woohyun took out his phone and saw the text that he received from Chorong. He showed it to us as we crowded Woohyun and his phone.

Text from Chorong:

Oppa,

My friends and I are finishing our shopping. I apologize for my friends for making you guys stay around while they shopped for clothes. It was wrong of them. Anyways, if you guys still want to hang around with us, we all could go for the movie and the girls will buy the popcorn if you would like. Or they can do whatever you guys want to do. It’s their apology. (Naeun isn’t included in this and so is me.)

Woohyun looked at us and didn’t know what to text. He was waiting for our answers before texting back to Chorong.

“So what do you guys want to do? Watch a movie?”

“We’re up for it,” said everyone except me.

“Myungsoo, do you want to go watch a movie with them?” asked Woohyun.

I didn’t want to disagree but I certainly didn’t want to sit next to Bomi. She was basically another Naeun. Although, she isn’t as smart as Naeun, I would say that Naeun is a pest. Yes, I’m insulting Naeun because I despise her as well. Naeun lacked common sense.

I finally agreed and we watched Woohyun send the message as we all walked toward the movie theaters.

 

Naeun’s POV

“Why do I have to order the food!?!” I whined because I knew that I couldn’t carry everyone’s food with just two hands.

“You lost so this time it’s your turn to order the food,” giggled Eunji.

“Can I ask for a helper?” I asked.

“Yep, you can ask us or Infinite. I would recommend Sungyeol oppa,” smiled Bomi.

“Bomi unnie~! I don’t like him....” I said while giving a poker face at her.

“Stop it Naeun! You clearly like him since you bought that hair pin that he suggested for you to buy,” smiled Bomi.

“Bomi, I think that’s enough,” said Chorong as she gave a sigh.

“Arraso, I’ll stop,” nodded Bomi.

I gave a sigh and smiled at Chorong. I felt like she was the only know who understood me sometimes. I felt like none of Apink was going to help me so I gave a sigh and started to walk to kimbap station. I knew that everyone would like it and also they wouldn’t mind if I ordered this because we all liked similar things.

I ordered everything and waited for order. When I finally got my orders, I wanted to carry all the trays in one go but I knew that this wasn’t going to happen. Although, I my stupid pride got the best of me and I tried to carry the trays. Luckily, someone saved the last tray and I was about to thank him until I realized it was L.

I hate this guy so much because his kindness was basically him having pity over people. It always irked me! I didn’t know why but I really hate him. The worst part was after he caught the tray, he called me stupid!

I’m not stupid...sometimes my pride gets to me more than my brain! I tried to explain what happened and how I lost the game but he didn’t care. Why am I even wasting my breath? Argh, when he finally helped me, I was glad but at the same time angry that he was helping me. When I neared the table, I gave everyone their trays of food and Myungsoo gave the last tray to me.

“Thanks L,” I said trying to sound nice but I couldn’t because he made me angry.

“You’re welcome, brat,” he said as he gave a slight chuckle before he sat back at his table.

I sat down and everyone didn’t ask what happened between L and me because they knew how angry I was. I knew that once I cooled down, Bomi was going to ask me so I decided to play the angry card for a while so that she wouldn’t ask me.

When all of us finished, we all glanced at the Infinite table and saw they were still eating.

“What now, Chorong unnie?” asked Hayoung as she wiped the sauce from her face.

“Do you guys still want to go shopping?” asked Chorong.

“Well, I want to go to an accessories store before we’re done shopping,” said Bomi. “Anyone else want to go with me?”

“Sure,” we all said as we started to clean up after ourselves.

When we finished cleaning up the table, we all left for the accessories shop.

****

While Apink was doing their last shopping, Infinite stopped by the arcade that Sungyeol and Naeun were just in. They were having as much as possible before they were going to watch some movie. All of them had a feeling that the movie they were going to watch was boring. Suddenly, Woohyun’s phone started beeping and answered it. He saw that he received another text from Chorong.

“Guys! They are at the movie theaters already. Let’s go,” said Woohyun as he placed his phone back into his pocket and walked out of the arcade.

When Infinite arrived at the movies, Apink were trying to decide a movie that they all could watch. Naeun didn’t want to be involved so she sighed and looked at the movies she could choose from.

Bomi, Yookyung and Hayoung wanted to watch a dramatic romantic movie but Chorong, Namjoo, and Eunji wanted to watch an action with little romance. Naeun didn’t know what to choose as she shook her head to both movies.

Infinite decided to take which girl they wanted to watch the movies with and all of the partners were the same, except Naeun was chosen by Myungsoo. The tension between them started to rise as Myungsoo was having fun on annoying Naeun while Naeun was trying to ignore his tactics on making her angry. Bomi was shocked that Myungsoo had chosen Naeun as Sungyeol walked with Bomi to the romantic movie. All of them went to their movies except Naeun and Myungsoo. Naeun didn’t want to a movie so she stayed where she was. The punishment didn’t apply to her anyway so she started to walk out of the movie theater.

As she was about to walk out, Myungsoo pulled her back and gave a sigh.

“You can’t just leave you know,” he said.

“Why shouldn’t I leave? I mean, this doesn’t apply to me,” said Naeun as she pushed him away from her.

“Well, you would make Chorong sad then,” said Myungsoo as he shrugged.

“Doesn’t matter to me, I rather leave because of you,” said Naeun as she turned around.

“What the heck did I do!?!”

“You annoy me!”

“You annoy me too! Why the heck do you change when Sungyeol is with you? Are you biased against me?” sneered Myungsoo.

“I’m not biased! You hate me! Argh! Every time I start talking to you, you won’t stop being annoying or being mean to me,” said Naeun as she started to tear up a little.

“I hate you? I only hate you because you act stupid when you’re really smart! Have some common sense, god dammit!” yelled Myungsoo.

He was about to say more things about how much he didn’t like Naeun but realized she was crying. She tried to glare at him but all he saw were tears going down her face. Great, I’m the bad guy now...This is exactly what I wished for...Argh! Myungsoo, you’re an idiot.

Naeun tried to hold her tears back because she never cried in front of anyone, especially Myungsoo. It was the first that she was crying in front of him. She was about to run away from Myungsoo but he held her arm and pulled her toward him. He hugged her and gave a sigh.

“I’m sorry for always being angry at you. Stop crying, brat. You’re going to make me cry,” whispered Myungsoo.

Naeun was confused, annoyed, frustrated and etc but something else that lingered in her brain as she was being hugged. She remembered the guy who called her a pabo for walking in the dark at the party. Could it be? Was he really, L? Aniya, it can’t be him. I mean that mysterious guy was teasing me but L is just...just so mean. When she was done crying, she pushed Myungsoo away from her.

“Don’t you dare hug me! Ever! I know you! You only do this because you feel pity over others. There is no heart in that soul of yours,” she said as she walked off.

Myungsoo watched Naeun leave as he didn’t try to stop her. He only gave a sigh of annoyance. Whatever Naeun said made him despise her more than realizing what his personality was. I don’t understand...Every time I see her, that stupid favor from her mother comes back.

Myungsoo didn’t know what else to for two hours so he left the mall. When Infinite and Apink finish their movie, they looked for Myungsoo and Naeun. They all had questioning looks to the two who left. 

 


DONE! I updated again.

This is probably my last update for the week.
Wait for the next weekend I think.
Anyways, I placed another Myungeun moment =3
Please comment or subscribe or both ^^ =3