Chapter 35: The Only One for Me

Fated Promise

Naeun’s POV

I fell asleep while checking contracts that my father wanted me to check over. I felt someone carrying me and laying me down on my bed. I opened my eyes and saw it was my sweet boyfriend, Myungsoo.

“Myungsoo, what are you doing? I’m not done yet,” I said as I tried to stand up but he pushed me down toward the bed.

“You’re going to get a fever if you keep doing that to yourself. Go to sleep. Finish the contracts tomorrow,” he stated as he tucked me in bed.

“Aniyo, I don’t want to. I have to finish them today. I don’t want to deal with them tomorrow,” I started to protest.

Myungsoo gave me a glare and I glared back at him. I sat up so he wouldn’t tuck me in bed.

“Go. To. Sleep.” He demanded as he glared at me.

“No. I have to finish it.”

We started to argue about finishing the contracts. It was rather silly but I knew he was watching out for my health because he knew there was a limit to my health. We kept arguing until finally Myungsoo sealed my lips with a kiss. I widened my eyes as I kissed him back. He smirked within my lips as he s his arms around my waist. I felt my cheeks feel warm as I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. As we kissed, he pushed toward the bed as he was on top of me. I was so mesmerized by the kiss that I forgotten that something not right might happen. After a few seconds, he broke the kiss and laid on top of me.

“I win,” he whispered into my ear as he got off of me and sat next to me.

“I hate you,” I whispered.

“I know. You hate me so much because you love me,” he teased.

I hit his arm and gave a sigh. He laughed and wrapped an arm around my waist.

“Stay here,” he whispered.

“Stay here? I live here,” I answered.

“I know. I’m not stupid when I said that. I want you to sleep. Don’t overwork yourself.”

“But-”

“No, Naeun, I don’t want a repeat of your fever. Although, I do want to see that childish side of yours, that way I can tease you ever more,” smirked Myung.

“Yah! Kim Myungsoo!”

I hit him again but he took my arms and kissed my lips again. Aigoo, this man was driving me insane. I gave a sigh after he broke the kiss.

“Stop kissing me,” I said.

“Can’t do that because your lips are irresistible,” he whispered into my ear.

I shook my head and flicked his forehead and then laid down on my bed. He looked at me and gave a smile as he was standing up. I widened my eyes as I took his hand before he could start walking.

“Yah, where are you going?” I asked.

“I’m going back to my apartment. I need to work.”

“No, stay here.”

Myungsoo widened his eyes as he looked at my eyes if I was joking. He gave a slight chuckle as he sat on my bed.

“What if I can’t resist myself?” he asked me.

“What?” I asked trying to understand what he was saying.

He chuckled at my confused expression as he kissed my forehead and patted my head.

“You’re so innocent. Never mind what I said,” he stated.

“Okay,” I said while nodding.

We both laid down on the bed as Myung placed his arm around my waist while we both stared at each other for a while. We decided to have a conversation about our companies. Eventually, we both fell asleep after talking about our companies.

****

When I woke up, I saw that Myungsoo was still sleeping beside me. He was sleeping peacefully. It felt natural being beside him even though both of us weren’t engaged. I sat up and saw that Myung’s arm was still around my waist. I carefully tried to remove his arm but he only pulled me closer. Suddenly, I heard him mumble.

“Abeoji! Why did you do this to us?” he yelled in his sleep.

I looked up and saw he wasn’t sleeping peacefully anymore. I somewhat started to panic because I haven’t seen him like this.

“Abeoji! How could you! Umma is suffering because of you!” he yelled again

He tightened his grip around me like I was his only comfort. I saw tears were forming. It was weird to see Myungsoo this way. I knew that his disappearance of his father was causing him distress but I didn’t know it was this severe that he would yell in his sleep. I placed my hand on his hair and started to play with it, hoping he would feel a little at ease. He stopped fussing around and he looked that he was back at ease. Suddenly, he opened his slowly and looked at me.

“Naeun? Why do you look worried?” asked Myungsoo as he smiled sleepily.

I looked onto him and smiled. I didn’t want him to know that I’m worried about him and curious about where his father went.

“I’m worried? I’m always worried about you and your health,” I replied.

“Ah, I see. Well, I should get ready for work. I’ll treat you to dinner later, alright?” he stated as he was already standing.

I nodded and watched him leave. I got ready for work also but the thought of Mr.Kim’s disappearance was still in my mind.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

I ruffled my hair when I got to my apartment. I feel like Naeun already knew how angry I am about my father and how he left my mother. The look on her face showed that she was worried about me. I shouldn’t have slept next to her. Now, she will probably do anything to find my father. It’s dangerous to look for him because my father is crazy. When he failed on a project, he would go to a club and drink. Since he let his company almost go bankrupt, he might have resulted to drinking alcohol and living somewhere that was unsafe.

Anyways, I got ready for work. When I was done, I walked out of my apartment and saw Naeun already locking her apartment. I locked my apartment and rushed toward her. I backhugged her and rested my chin on her head.

“Myung? Why do you feel worried?” asked Naeun.

“Don’t look for people that you don’t know. Leave that to me,” I whispered into her ear.

“What? What are you talking about?” she asked as she looked up at me.

“Just promise that you won’t look for people that you are curious about.”

I knew perfectly well that she was thinking about my father. I won’t let her go near that man. My father is angry with her father. If Naeun were to go near him, he might release his hatred and anger toward her. I didn’t want that happen. She looked at me with a confused face as I let her go. We walked together until I saw Naeun walking toward a car. I waved goodbye to her and walked toward my company.

When I got to my company, my secretary ran toward me with her iPad. She seemed rather worried as I looked at the iPad and saw the headline.

The current Kim Corporation Ceo’s father found dead

I widened my eyes as read the article. I started to read the article and then a section stopped me from going further.

. . .The bartender said that the man was crazy. He started to mutter that he didn’t deserve to live. He became so sober that he killed himself due to alcohol abuse. The last words he said to me were, “I’m sorry my son and my wife but I am a shame to the both of you if I were to show myself.”. . .

I gave the article back to the secretary and told her not to let anyone into my office or answer calls today. I walked toward my office and locked myself in the room. I couldn’t believe my father would do that to himself. I knew that he would be sober but I didn’t think he would go that far. Even though I didn’t like him as a father, he taught me a lot about working as a CEO. My guilt is building because I never said I love you to my father, ever. Now that he is gone, I regret for not saying that. When my phone rang, I saw it was Naeun. I didn’t want to hear her voice right as I placed my phone on my desk while staring at the picture of my father. As much as I wanted to cry for my regrets and guilt, I didn’t. I sat at my desk with my head down.

Suddenly, the company phone started to ring. I looked at the number and saw it was Naeun’s company number. I didn’t pick it up as I listened to what Naeun said.

“Myungsoo, I heard about your father. Please don’t have many regrets and guilt. I know how you are. You might drink alcohol and become sober. Please don’t follow that path. I’m worried about you. I know how you feel. I felt the same way when my father was sent at the hospital. I thought I would lose him. The regret and guilt was building and I remembered every little thing I said to my father. The days when I ignored him, running away, blaming him for not taking care of my mother. Everything. . .I know that you’re feeling that but I beg of you not to lock yourself in your office. We’re all worried for you, Myungsoo and your mother. My father even flew back to Korea to see if your mother was okay. I need to go. Talk to you later, Myung.”

The voicemail ended as I sat there listening to it over again. She was right, everything memory about my father and me came back. As I listened to Naeun’s voice, I wanted to see her but I couldn’t face her. I don’t want to reach for her and cry in front of her because I’m the one who is supposed to support her. I sat in my office without accomplishing anything for hours until finally my secretary had to unlock the door to see if I was okay. I looked at her with cold eyes.

“What are you doing here?” I sneered.

“Sir, I was worried. You haven’t said anything. The other staff members didn’t see you eat anything. Aren’t you hungry, Sir?” asked the secretary.

“Leave! I don’t want to see anyone right now!” I yelled.

The secretary got scared as she locked the door again and left the room. I didn’t know what has gotten into me but I really felt guilt and sorrow within me. Leaving was no option because this my way of punishing myself.

****

Naeun left the company and texted Myungsoo. From the call of his secretary, she heard that Myung didn’t leave his office. Naeun understood what was happening to Myungsoo. It probably was a shock to him. She even called Mistress Kim to see how she was feeling. When Mistress Kim answered the phone, Naeun could hear her cry. It shocked to the Kims what Mistress Kim had said but she said it would probably had a bigger impact on Myungsoo. She said that Myungsoo has never expressed his love for Mr. Kim even though he said he never loved Mr. Kim. Naeun remembered Mistress Kim’s worry for Myung as Naeun finally reached Kim Corporation, the American building.

When Naeun entered the building, his secretary went toward her.

“Miss Son! Thank goodness, you came here,” said the secretary.

Naeun only nodded because she felt the place was gloomy right now.

“Can you lead me to where Myungsoo is?” asked Naeun.

The secretary brought Naeun to the elevator and pressed the top floor button. When they reached the top floor, Naeun stepped out of the elevator and walked toward the door that titled “CEO KIM MYUNGSOO”. She turned toward the secretary and saw that the elevator had already closed and going down. Looking at the door, she saw a key was already at the lock of the doorknob. She twisted the key and the door unlocked. She slowly opened the door and saw the darkness of the room. Suddenly, a voice bellowed.

“I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE ME ALONE!” yelled a familiar voice.

Naeun flinched as she opened the lights and saw a miserable Myungsoo sitting on the desk.

“Naeun?” asked Myungsoo as he lowered his voice.

He couldn’t believe that he yelled at her but he couldn’t apologize as he turned away from her. Naeun sat the farthest chair and watched Myungsoo. Mistress Kim was correct about Myungsoo. It is impacting him mentally and physically.

“Myungsoo,” said Naeun.

“Don’t go near me. I might yell at you,” threatened Myungsoo.

Naeun rolled her eyes because she knew he was trying to distance himself away from her. She walked toward him stood in front of him.

“Have you forgotten that I’m stubborn?” asked Naeun.

“Naeun, right now is not the time to-”

She kissed him to make him stop talking like how he did the same thing to her last night. Myungsoo stood up, without breaking the kiss, and pulled Naeun close to him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pinned her toward the wall. Naeun had her arms wrapped his neck, pulling him closer. He roughly kissed her as Naeun tried hard to not push him away even though she didn’t like it. He broke the kiss and apologized. He just needed her right now because she was the only one that could help him through this guilt and sorrow.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t. . .” Myungsoo couldn’t finish the sentence.

“It’s okay. I just wanted to tell you that I’m always here. Just like you, I’m also your support,” said Naeun.

Even though Myungsoo couldn’t express his feelings toward her, he was grateful to have her as his girlfriend. He hugged her tightly and didn’t let go of her for a few minutes.

“Will you always be there for me?” asked Myungsoo, quietly.

“Yes, I will. Will you always be there for me?” asked Naeun.

He smiled and nodded. Naeun and Myungsoo stayed in Myungsoo’s office. He told her everything that he regretted until he no longer felt burdened. The only thing left in Myungsoo was a clear mind. 


Epliogue is going up later in the day.
I need sleep.