Chapter 40: The Married Life

Fated Promise

Myungsoo POV

Wow, it's been a while since I said anything about my life. How is my love life? Hmm? If this was an interview, I could sugar coat everything and say my wife is beautiful and I love her or I could go straight to my complaints about her. She's ruining my existence. I don't know when I was competitive but I swear she keeps herself busy than spend her time with me, her husband. I am a man that has needs and my wife keeps me really deprived, I bet you she loves doing it. Now I understand what Woohyun meant that women can be vicious. He shouldn't be complaining anymore because they have children. I'm already 28 and I have no child because my wife loves to sleep in a separate room than me. This is ridiculous, right? I swear she's doing this all on purpose. They take everything forgranted and keep the men deprived. Okay, I need to stop myself before I get too worked up and start calling Naeun. She probably won't pick up because she's busy. I'm only complaining because I love her so much but she won't let me show it often. Gawd, I love her. She really is the one that I love because no matter how much I complain, I still go back to praising her. Let's say I'm really into her. 

"Mr. Kim, your wife wants to talk to you," stated my secretary as she passed my phone to me. 

"Hi wife, what do you want, can't you see I'm busy?" I asked slightly annoyed because she makes me think of her every day and I go nuts.

"Myungsoo, if you're so busy, I'm guessing you forgot what today is. You know what today is. right?" asked Naeun. 

"I know what today is and I have plans for tonight just for the two of us, don't worry. Why are you worrying too much?" I asked while looking at my calendar and it was our anniversary.

"Okay, I'm just scared that you might actually forget because you forgot my birthday and remembered Valentine's Day. I will never forget that day. I don't ask much but that really hurt, you know."

"Ah, yeah. The product that we were releasing was around your birthday and I was really stressed. For crying out loud, Kim Naeun. I told you that I remembered your birthday but I was late in coming home and by the time I went home, you went to sleep already."

"I'm just teasing, don't worry. I love you, Myung. Anyways, I don't want to bother you on what you're doing. We'll see each other okay?" she said as she hung up on me.

This woman is the death of me. She doesn't wear y things but she already has me coiled around her finger with words. I gave my phone back to my secretary and asked her to decline all of my incoming calls except for Lee Sungyeol's because he and I were business partners for this current project. Speaking about Sungyeol, he and Namjoo live a really carefree life and Namjoo gives Sungyeol what he wants. Well, I believe that Sungyeol takes advantage of her and she just complies from what Sungyeol told me. I remember punching him on the face when he kept asking me about Naeun. He still hasn't changed after all these years. He really likes staying as a choding. Finishing my paperwork, I glanced at the time and decided that it was okay for my secretary to take over for today. I needed to get ready tonight. Naeun would definitely not let me kiss her or hold her if I miss this special day. After all, we did decide to marry on the day when we first met each other and I declared her as my rival. This day really is special for the both of us. It reminiscing and a really nice day to sit and just talk about the past besides celebrating how long we both love each other. I got up for my desk and took my jacket, leaving the company for today. 

 

Naeun’s POV

Great, someone is recording my life story again. Anyways, my life is really relaxing now. Being married to Myungsoo is great but I still feel slightly lonely when Myungsoo and I are at work. Chorong and Yookyung have children, Namjoo tells me about her experiences that she shouldn't be sharing but sometimes I feel she's really innocent minded, Eunji and Bomi are in Europe at their honeymoons with their newly wedded husbands, and Hayoung is definitely not what she seems to be. I still am shocked to this day that she had a child and got married before any of us and kept it a secret. I mean, I wish she told us at least. Anyways, her child is adorable. The child's name is Sunyoung and their already 6 years old. Then there is me, who is already 28, married, and childless. I mean, don't get me wrong, I think Myungsoo is really something but sometimes I think his mind is really clouded with things. I tell Chorong these things and she can only laugh and worry about me. She keeps saying to me that I just needed to be caught in the moment. Well, I get caught in the moment sometimes but then I get scared again and run away from him. I don't mean to hurt him but I just can't seem to bring the thought of having children with him yet. My father, Myungsoo's mother, and my friends have pressured me that I need children to keep the Kim/Son clan alive. I get that but having the thought of children scares me. Myungsoo would definitely be a great father.  

Myungsoo and I had to take care of Sunyoung when she was just a baby because Hayoung and Sungjong never really had their honeymoon. Myungsoo and I told them that taking care of Sunyoung while they relaxed and had a great post honeymoon. I was really bad when Sunyoung cried but Myungsoo was a natural. He knew how calm Sunyoung and everything. It made me see that we really should have children but I never really brought up that subject because I was scared he would say no or ask me, if I was sure. I'm still very indecisive when it comes to these things. It's a life changing experience and I don't like to be pressured. Well, Hayoung and Sungjong had a great time at their honeymoon but I always came back to that memory whenever I saw children and thier mothers. Anyways, I shouldn't really be thinking about that now because today is our anniversary. I wonder if Myungsoo forgot because he seemed very distant today. I decided it was best to call him. Picking up the phone, I called him. It rang and rang until he decided finally picked up. Hearing his slightly husky voice always made my heart skip as I asked him. He seemed a little hesistant at first but I'm glad he remembered. I decided to even bring up his little mistake with my birthday and Valentine's day. 

I can't forgive him. I was kidding, I can forgive him because I knew he was really exhausted that day. I was happy that he greeted me even though he was a day off but it's okay because it's Myungsoo. He always seemed to be in New York time rather than Korean time. Yes, we decided to move back to South Korea after being in the States for a while. It's great because most of our friends are here except for Yookyung and Sunggyu but they always visit us especially on National Friendship Day and the day we all technically graduated from high school. Plus, we needed to take care of Mistress Kim and my father, after all. We both live at a house away from the city but not too far of a drive. After all, he and I loved scenic places. It was easier for capturing pictures. Anyways, I hung up the phone and decided to go to my closet. I looked around for a good dress to wear and decided with an elegant look. All, I have to do now is wait for him to come home.

 

****

Myungsoo finally arrived and opening the door, he found his beautiful wife waiting for him. He could only smile and press his lips onto hers. He wrapped his arms around her, not wanting to let go.

"Myungsoo, what has gotten into you?" asked Naeun as she tried to push him away. 

"Nothing, darling. I just wanted to kiss you. Plus, you're my wife so you should be happy that I kiss you, right?" he stated as he gazed into his wife's eyes. 

Naeun could only smile and kiss his back, cupping his face and tracing his features with her fingers. She loved him as much as he loved her. They had so many obstacles in the past and their marriage was very meaningful. The maids blushed at the couple as they turned away from the couple, giving them their privacy.

"Ah, Naeun. I usually don't give presents but here," Myungsoo gave her a small blue velvet box.

Naeun looked at the box and opened it, revealing an infinite necklace. That's right, her infinite necklace became so narnished that she couldn't wear it anymore. The only thing that didn't narnish was the infinite sign. It was stainless silver. It was really one of a kind. Myungsoo found another chain for the infinite necklace and it was stainless sterling silver like the infinite charm. Naeun hugged Myungsoo tightly because for a year she thought she couldn't wear it anymore and he had fixed it for her.

"Do you want me place it on your neck? I think you would like to wear it again, right?" smiled Myungsoo as he stared at his wife. 

Watching her react to the necklace was his happiness because he knew how much he loved that necklace. It was really precious to them. The memory of the fake date was their first actual date even though they were both using it for their benefit. It was also the day when Myungsoo kind of realized how much he cared for Naeun. Naeun could only smile and play with necklace, tracing her fingers over the infinite sign.

"Myungsoo, I love it. Thank you. I have a present for you too," stated Naeun.

"What is it?"

"After diner, what are our plans today?" asked Naeun. 

"Ah, right. Anyways, let's go." 

Myungsoo led Naeun to his car as they drove back to Seoul and at Seoul, they went to their favorite place, more like the food court of mall. People looked at them weirdly because it was a very middle class but they looked very first class. To Naeun and Myungsoo, eating at that place gave them a lot of nostalgic feelings and they didn't care about people, as long as they were together. They ordered the same thing they did back when they were in high school as Naeun watched Myungsoo give her the tray. 

"I can't believe you decided to go old school," said Naeun as she crossed her arms and frowned at him. 

"What? I thought you wanted to go here and reminisce our times together. After all, you didn't seem to be complaining." 

"Still, I would have dressed more casual. We stand out so much. I mean, look at us. It looks like we were actually going to eat at a fancy restaurant."

"So? Everyone can see how beautiful my wife is and that's she taken by her handsome husband." 

She punched him and he could only laugh as they ate their dinner quietly. Then suddenly Naeun glanced at a couple and their children. She then looked at Myungsoo and felt that it was better to finally tell him. 

"What if we had a child?" asked Naeun as she watched him eat. 

Myungsoo dropped his chopsticks and looked at his wife if she was joking. Never had he heard her bring up that subject even though he wondered whether she wanted children or not. He waved a hand in front of her. 

"Naeun is still in there right? No one replaced her right?" 

Naeun whacked Myungsoo's hand away and rolled her eyes, scoffing at his childish behavior. 

"Yes, Myungsoo. I'm still here. I was wondering for a while now but I was scared to bring it up. So how about it?"

"I never thought you would actually say this. I've been waiting for you to say it because to me but being with you is great. I don't mind if it's just to the two of us. I really would love children, Naeun. If it was a girl, she would definitely have your looks and if it were a boy, he would look like me. Plus, both of us have great features so they won't be ugly." 

"That's not the point, Myungsoo. The point is I feel like I won't be a great mother, that's all. You saw me with Sunyoung and how bad I was with her." 

Myungsoo placed his chopsticks to the side and rested his hands on his wife's as he looked at her. 

"Naeun, do you think Chorong knew what she was doing when she had her first child? I don't think so. Woohyun was basically teaching her. Now look at them, they have a cute 3 year old boy. How about Hayoung and Sungjong? Sunggyu and Yookyung? It was a learning experience for them. Even though Woohyun is skilled with children, he still doesn't know what his child wants when he cries. If you think I'm good, then you must be wrong. I'm still learning as an uncle."

Naeun could only sigh and then she smiled since her husband was right. 

"So do you want a child?" asked Naeun. 

"Well, yes but you keep depriving me from-" 

Naeun flicked Myungsoo's forehead as she playfully glared at him. 

"Not in public, you." 

"Sorry but how can I stay quiet when my wife is really gorgeous." 

"You have been hanging around Woohyun too much. His greasiness is rubbing off on you." 

"No, I'm way better than that Namgrease. Way better and you know it."

Myungsoo pulled onto Naeun's chin as he planted a kiss on her lips.

"Myungsoo, not here."

"Just you wait at the house, Kim Naeun. You will definitely get that child."

Myungsoo pulled Naeun out of the food court after dumping their food. They didn't really make it to the house because Myungsoo was really deprived. They stayed in the car near the house. That kiss ignited so many things but it was full of trust. It was an eventful night at the Kim residence.

****

"What!?! Naeun, I can't believe you did it in the car," yelled Bomi through skype. 

"Bomi, shush!" screeched Naeun as her could only hide it through her hair.

"Well, he must have felt so deprived to be able not make it to the house," said Eunji. 

"I mean look at Naeun now, she has a baby bump," stated Hayoung as she poked Naeun's stomach. 

"So you kept the pregnancy quiet until you there was a sign. Wow, I feel so betrayed," said Chorong. 

"Namjoo and Yookyung, please say something," said Naeun. 

"Congratulations," they both said together. 

It caused all the girls to laugh as Naeun rubbed her stomach. She was ready to have this child. While the girls had their night out, the guys were too. 

"That's my boy, Myungsoo. You finally got her after since that time when you two first said you loved each other," said Woohyun. 

Myungsoo smacked Woohyun's head. 

"You're really late to the game," said Sungyeol. 

"Even Sungjong had more game that you," said Sunggyu. 

Myungsoo wanted to smack Sunggyu but he didn't, instead he smacked Sungyeol twice. 

"Come on, be proud of Myungsoo. He finally has a child. So will it be a girl or boy?" asked Dongwoo. 

"I think it's a girl," said Sungjong. 

"It's a boy," said Hoya. 

"Want a bet?" asked Sungjong. 

"Deal. You better crossdress and ask Hayoung to sent a picture for me," stated Hoya. 

"Fine, if it a girl ask Eunji to send a picture. She would definitely laugh her off," said Sungjong.

"I'm recording this just in canse that Sungjong or Hoya deny it," said Sungyeol.

"What the hell? Stop betting on my child!" yelled Myungsoo.

The guys only laughed at the protective Myungsoo.

****

Years passed, Myungsoo and Naeun had a girl. It was beautiful baby girl. The girl had Myungsoo's eyes and nose while she looked at her mother. The girl's name was Eunsoo. Hoya was really bitter when he found out that Myungeun's child was a girl. Well, Eunji was laughing so hard when Hoya had to crossdress and send a picture to Hayoung and Sungjong. She couldn't stop reposting and liking the picture at the group chat. It really made her day. Naeun and Myungsoo took care of Eunsoo, making her feel loved and cared for because their wish was Eunsoo to live peacefully and not relive the Son/Kim disaster that they experienced. It's interesting but Naeun and Myungsoo were really the peace that the Sons and Kims were waiting for because the three of them lived happily and carefree. Who knows, Eunsoo might end up with Woorong's son. I wasn't hinting that. Thus, maybe it was fate that brought Myungsoo and Naeun together. A fated promise. 


Do you like my beautiful surprise? I missed this myungeun pairing.
I was reading this story and really connected to them again.
I decided to write the after chapter of them. They changed a lot right?
I guess that's what happens when two are married and experienced many things.
I'm busy so I can't really make stories or update my stories anymore so I put them in draft mode.
I guess, I lost muse. I'm really sorry that I given up with my other myungeun stories.
Well, I have to go back to studying. I hope you enjoyed my little surprise.
Feel free to comment, subscribe, or upvote.