Chapter 29: Trust

Fated Promise

Myungsoo’s POV

I knew it. I knew that she loved me. I pulled her back to look at her face and wiped her tears. I gave a smile and kissed her lips. I loved her too. I was glad that she finally admitted it.

“So I did find a way to pierce your cold heart,” I said after pulling back from the kiss.

“Yeah, you did but it still does not change the fact that I’m going to America,” said Naeun.

“I know but all the more, I want to come to that college and find you.”

“You’re trying to pursue the same college!?! Myungsoo, do you know what you’re doing? How about your father’s company?!? What about Sun H-”

“Don’t mention that name in front of me. All I want to hear is you, your name, yourself, your problems. My decisions will lead me to you. If you go, I will go with you. I know I sound crazy but you’re the one for me. I will cross all of those written laws or family norms just to be with you.”

“Myungsoo, do you know what you’re saying? You’re telling me that you will ignore your father’s orders and everything about your company just to be with me? Are you kidding me? You worked so hard in that company throughout of high school and you’re throwing it away because of me? You’re insane!”

“I thought you love me. I thought you apologized from yesterday. Why won’t you let me follow you?”

“Myungsoo, don’t make it harder for me to leave. My plane is in an hour. Just stop talking nonsense.”

“Yah! I’m telling you the truth. Why won’t you just let me follow you? Your engagement will be canceled if you go to America, right?”

“No, it won’t be. I don’t know because I ran away from home.”

“I know.”

“What? How?”

“My mother, she told me,” I said while looking at her.

“He must be worried but that won’t change my mind. I’m going to the States,” said Naeun as she turned around.

I grabbed onto her hand and pulled her back.

“I wasn’t done talking to you yet,” I said while back hugging her.

“Well, I am. Now, let go of me.”

“No. Listen to me. Just listen for a few more minutes.”

Naeun hesitated and then she finally spoke.

“Fine, you have five minutes.”

I gave a sigh and let her go. She turned around to me and looked at me.

“Just work with me. I will make things work for us.”

“How?”

“I will tell you once you pass that exam.”

Naeun looked at me with confused eyes. She gave a sigh and shook her head.

“You don’t know how much I wanted to tell you how much I loved you. To think the day that I confess to you, was also the last day of drama between us. Myungsoo, I don’t know what to believe anymore. I’ve lost the will to believe and trust people. I can’t anymore.”

“Trust me and believe in me Naeun. I know what I’m talking about. Please?”

Naeun looked at me and then my hand. She held onto it and sighed. She looked at the time and saw that five minutes had passed.

“I have to go, Myungsoo. I can’t be late or I’ll miss the plane ride.”

She let go of my hand and I gave a sigh. I didn’t want to her to go without one last kiss. I ran toward her and spun her around.

“What are y-”

I kissed her one last time, deeply. She wrapped her arms around my neck as I s my arms around her waist and pulled her closer. I pulled back and looked at her.

“Promise me, that you won’t go near any guy. I mean it; I will follow you to that college. Trust me,” I said.

She gave a sad smile and pulled back from the kiss.

“I trust you, L. Yes, I won’t go near any guys at college. Trust me,” she laughed.

I let her go and watched her leave me and going up the escalator. While watching her disappear, I placed my hands in my pockets and side.

I’ll miss you, Son Naeun.

I turned around and walked toward the entrance of the airport.

 

Naeun’s POV

I turned around and saw him leave. Could he not see me anymore? Is that why he is leaving? I wanted to run into him and hug him but I had to keep going forward.

I boarded the plane and sat a seat. Suddenly, I got a text from my father. It was weird because he usually didn’t send me a text. I glanced at the text and I felt like my heart was crushed.

A link has been sent to you by Abeoji.

The son of Kim Corporation and the daughter of Oasis Resort are engaged.

This is why you shouldn’t be close with the Kims. -Abeoji

Another link has been sent to yoy by Abeoji.

Lee Productions and the daughter of the Son Electronics and Photography are engaged.

I will not stop this engagement, no matter where you are. –Abeoji

I closed my phone and decided not that listen to my father’s words. I knew it was true. I just wanted him to stop saying what is happening in reality. I closed my eyes and started to think about the exam. When the airplane was taking off, I whispered something to myself.

“I trust you, Myungsoo. I will wait for you,” I whispered as I watched Korea disappear as the plane higher and disappeared into the clouds.

****

Myungsoo arrived at his house and walked into the entrance, there stood his father with an angry face. He already knew what his father was going to yell about. Instead of yelling at him, his father threw a newspaper. Myungsoo took the paper and walked passed his father.

“You know, you can’t have everything your way. You are always below me, your own father,” said his father.

Myungsoo didn’t understand his father had just said and walked off to his room. When he got to his room, he glanced at the paper and his eyes widened. His father and Naeun’s father had placed Naeun and his engagements to the public. He clutched the paper and threw it down to floor.

“Just wait Abeoji, I will eventually break this engagement. I won’t marry Sunhee, no matter how much you tried,” he whispered as he went back to studying for the entrance exam for the college Naeun wanted to go to.

****

While Myungsoo was studying, Woorong were having a study date.

Chorong was trying to teach Woohyun Psychology but that didn’t work because Woohyun was distracted by Chorong.

“Woohyun, are you listening to me?” asked Chorong, even though she knew he wasn’t.

“Ah! Yeah, I am. Don’t worry.”

“Really? Then list what did the Tang Dynasty do?” asked Chorong.

“Well. . .um. . .I was distracted by your beauty,” said Woohyun.

“Figures. . .”

Chorong shook her head and Woohyun laughed as he pecked her cheek.

“I’m sorry. I’m kind of distracted right now. Naeun isn’t here and L isn’t really his usual mood. This new student, Park Sunhee is bragging that she is engaged to L. Sungyeol is wondering that Naeun isn’t here. Infinite is affected by this. I’m sure Naeun’s disappearance is affecting Apink too.”

Chorong glanced at Woohyun and saw how his statement was affecting him. She knew as well as Apink knew why Naeun disappeared. She didn’t know that Sungyeol was engaged to Naeun though. She was surprised when she saw the newspaper. It was a shock that Naeun and Myungsoo weren’t engaged to each other.

“Namu, it’s not your fault. It’s no ones. It just we were all into this controversy between Naeun and L’s family. I’m sure they are fine especially L and Naeun. Naeun and L are intelligent and will find a way to solve their family problems,” said Chorong as she held onto Woohyun’s hand.

“You’re right Ronggie. I should stop worrying about them. But random question, where did Naeun go?” asked Woohyun.

“She is at college.”

“What?”

“Yeah, she is taking the exam probably today.”

“Will she come back?” asked Woohyun.

“I don’t know.”


I AM SO SORRY!

this is a bad chapter.

I'm in a rush TT

I'm so so so sorry D=

anyways, I hope to write another chapter

before this break ends >.>

sorry >.<

yeah yeah about that scandal. I don't want to talk about it.
I believe that myungeun is real. go watch the fancams about infinite and apink
when they are close to each other.