Chapter 28: Saranghae

Fated Promise

Myungsoo’s POV

Two days have passed and still Naeun was absent. I didn’t understand how she could be absent because she still went to school even though she had a fever. She would sleep in her classes but wouldn’t miss school because she was sick. Also, where else would she go on a school day? She believed that school was her first priority. Where is she!?!

I’ve been going crazy for the past two days trying to wonder where she is and how she was doing. Today, I sat in class, annoyed and cold. The girl that I usually talk to has gone missing, not literally. The teacher walked into class with news. She said that we’re having a new student come over.

The teacher revealed our new student and my eyes widen because it was her. It was Sun Hee, the girl that I dreaded. I don’t care if she lives in the states but she’s here under the same roof as me. I stood up in class and decided to walk out.

“Kim Myungsoo! Where are you going?” asked the teacher.

“Library. I’m studying for my college entrance exam.”

There was one more place that Naeun would go to. I know that place is like a Sanctuary for studying. It wasn’t her favorite place but she learned there. I left the school and never came back today. I didn’t want to; I might have been chosen as her guide or something. Anyways, I walked into the Seoul’s library and I found a girl reading. It was her. It was Naeun.

I let myself run toward her and back hug her. She didn’t budge me as she spoke.

“What are you doing? I’m studying,” she said.

“I’ve been looking for you, Naeun. Where have you been for these past two days?” I said while not letting go of her.

“I’ve been studying. I’m flying to the States, tomorrow to take the test, two days from now,” said Naeun.

“Let me go with you,” I said.

“What? No! I’m fine on my own. Go back to school.”

“No! You’ve been absent for two straight days! Don’t say that-”

“I’ve been excused. . .I used those two days so I can study for the entrance exam college. Also, what is wrong with you? It’s like you haven’t seen me for months,” said Naeun.

“What, seriously? I didn’t know. I thought. . .I wouldn’t want to go back anyway.”

Naeun laughed as she turned around toward me. She gave her smile as she hugged me too.

“Why don’t you want to go back?” she asked as she tilted her.

“I would have to meet Sun Hee.”

“Sun hee? She came to Korea?”

“When?”

“Today, she is in our class. When you take this test, will you come back to finish your last year here or will you stay there and take your classes?”

I watched Naeun pull back from her hug and glanced at me with a sad face. I knew it. I knew she didn’t want to come back.

“I’m sorry L, ani, Myungsoo. I have to leave. Korea is the not the best place to stay and I’ve had it with everything here. I want to start new and fresh in the States.”

I didn’t like what she was saying. I was going crazy. This wasn’t the reality that I wanted. I back hugged her again.

“Then, I’ll follow you.”

“What but-”

“No, I’ll study for the exam as well and take the next one which will be next month, I’m guessing. I’m applying there.”

“L, you just-”

“Why are you pushing me away?” I asked.

Naeun squirmed out of my grasp and looked at me.  She wasn’t happy with what I said.

“Do you want to know why I keep pushing you away? You keep coming into my life. You keep butting into my family problems, no, my life problems. Back when I was the regular student, I didn’t need your help. I was fine being miserable. You-”

“No you were not fine. You were happy when you were with me. Why can’t you accept the fact that you have feelings for me? Why?”

“Because our lives are complicated!” yelled Naeun.

When Naeun yelled, she picked up her things and left the library. I wanted to move and follow her but my feet stayed where they were as I watched Naeun leave the library.

 

Naeun’s POV

I walked out of the library trying to digest what I said to L. I couldn’t believe that I said that. While walking to the bus stop, I started to think about many things at the same time.

I’m horrible. I can’t believe I said all of that to L. I’m just overwhelmed with what is going on. My father won’t stop texting me and calling me. I had to block his number and my manager keeps telling me to leave. My father right now is trying to find where I’m possible living. Right now, I’m living under the cheapest motel there is in city. I hate it. I wanted to go to school but I can’t because my father will be looking for me there. My father has the greatest influence in my school and Korea. I just can’t escape him!

I want to leave this imprisonment. I just wanted to be free for once. I hate what I just said to L. It hurt me too and I didn’t know what less to do. Why does he love me so much? Why can’t it be easy and be with Myungsoo that quickly? I mean, we were at the USA and Europe alone. I can’t take this pressure. I’m leaving early and ordering my ticket to America right now.

I need to tell Apink first. They need to know. I will probably ask Yookyung if I can stay at her place in USA. She will be nice enough, right?

I took one big breath and then released it because it was driving me crazy to the point I forgot that the bus was arriving soon. I waited for the bus and then boarded it. I glanced at the library and saw Myungsoo leaving the place. While the bus moved and I barely saw him, a tear fell down my face. I realized that I was crying. I tried to stop myself from crying because the bus stopped. I walked out of the bus with red eyes and toward the motel area that I lived.

I walked inside the motel and started to get gather the information and application so that I could leave the next day. Also, I ordered my ticket the earliest so that no one would know that I would leave early.

****

Myungsoo sat in his room annoyed and angry. He didn’t eat dinner because he was on his laptop. He was researching the school that Naeun wanted to go to. He was going to live up to what he said. He wasn’t going to let her go even though they both yelled at each other. He knew that Naeun was hiding something from him and he wanted to know what it was. Just then, his mother came into the room with food on the tray. Myungsoo looked up and gave a smile at his mother.

“Sweetie, your food is getting cold, why aren’t you eating?” asked his mother.

“Umma, what happens if I studied abroad?” asked Myungsoo as he took the tray from his mother and placed it on his desk.

“Why are you thinking about that all of the sudden?” asked her mother as she sat next to L.

“I don’t know. I just want to flee, Sun Hee. I guess,” said Myungsoo as he shrugged and ate his food.

“Oh, I heard about Naeun’s disappearance. Her father is worried sick about his daughter and asked me if she came here. I told him that I haven’t seen her,” said Myungsoo’s mother.

“Really, well I saw her.”

“Jincha!?! Where?”

“At the Seoul Library, she was studying for her entrance exam.”

“She skipped school for two days because of an entrance exam?”

“Yeah, she is going to leave for the States two days from now.”

Myungsoo’s mother realized what was going on and glanced at Myungsoo’s computer. She realized it was the same college that Son Eunmi went to. She knew exactly what he was trying to do. He wanted to follow Naeun to the same school.

“Sweetie, is that why you’re talking about abroad?” asked his mother.

Myungsoo looked surprised and saw this mother can pick up things quickly. He then gave a nod and said.

“I don't wanted her to leave my life, umma. I love her too much to let her go,” said Myungsoo as he glanced at his laptop.

Mistress Kim smiled as she was happy that her son found what love was like. At the same time, it pained her to see her son hurt.

“Well, I wouldn’t bother you. Go and study to get into that school,” smiled his mother as she left his room.

Myungsoo sat at his desk and smiled. I won’t give up on you, Naeun. You’ll see that I’ll pursue this school too.

****

The next day, Naeun woke up very early. She did her routine in the morning. She then got ready to leave. She checked everything and then walked toward the motel office. She handed back the key and smiled.

“Thank you for letting me stay here for two day,” she said as she bowed and then left for the airport.

She asked a taxi to bring her to the airport. When she got there, she thanked the taxi driver and handed him the money. She took out her luggage and walked toward the entrance. As she walked to the entrance, she widened her eyes and saw a familiar face standing in front of it.

“Think you can leave me, without saying goodbye?” asked the boy as he walked closer to her.

“How did you know that I was leaving today when I deceived you?” asked Naeun.

“I told you before, Son Naeun, that I love you,” said the boy as he hugged her.

Naeun hugged him and cried into his arms because she wanted to apologize for screaming at him yesterday. She wanted to tell him. When she buried her face into his chest, she whispered the words:

“I love you, Myungsoo.”

 


I've been thinking.
I forgot how to end this >.>
Can you suggest how I should end this?
I have a feeling my ending will be bad D= TT