Chapter 36: After 5 years

Fated Promise

Myungsoo POV

“L! How dare you!” yelled Naeun as she tackled him to the floor.

“Yah! I thought you said you wouldn’t call me that,” I pouted.

I’ve been in American for almost two years now. Naeun and I are CEOs of our family companies. Her father finally stepped down from his position and gave Naeun the position. Even though Naeun is the CEO, her father still manages the Asian branch of the Son Company. I finally repaid her father back all that money and it was thanks to my father. 

The week after my father death there was a speech that my father never represented. It stated that my father sorry for the wrong he committed and done. It seemed that my father saved large sums of money and it said that he wanted to give it back to the companies that supported them. Thanks to my father’s sincere apology and generous donations, Kim Corporation once again thrived in the business rankings. Once again Kim Corporation is against Son Company. I shouldn’t be happy about that but it’s better that way because it’s like back in middle school but this time it was a life rivalry between companies and not grades.

Naeun has changed throughout the years. From the quiet and mysterious girl she was back in middle school to my sophisticated girlfriend. She used to be quiet and never expressed her hatred toward me. I guess the years when I actually started to help her, changed her and me. I used to be an arrogant selfless jerk like how Naeun used to describe me. Now, I always think about Naeun, even though I’m working and studying. I would like to thank Son Eunmi, Naeun’s mother, for that change. It was thanks to her promise that led me here. The problem was that I never told Naeun about that promise. When I told her about it, back when I stayed with her that time when she had a fever, she didn’t believe me. She thought I was joking.

My father’s funeral had passed. He was buried in Korea. My mother mourned but I stood there and lost the regret I had. It was replaced with admiration even though my relationship with my father was tough love. It was thanks to Naeun that I lost my hatred toward my father. It was her presence that helped me throughout that time.

Anyways, I’m in Korea with my mother. We retrieved our mansion back, thanks to Naeun’s father. He completely changed his views toward me. Though, he still would glare at me if I would try to show my affections toward Naeun. Today, we were celebrating the opening of my mother’s boutique. Even though Abeoji was gone, she fulfilled her dream like how Abeoji encouraged her. Naeun sat next to me as she was looking at the clothing. Suddenly, my mother asked something unexpected.

“When are you two getting married?” asked my mother.

Naeun gave my mother a surprised look at Mistress Kim’s face. I could tell that she never had the thought of marriage in her mind. I wasn’t surprised because my mother had been always talking about Naeun and I would eventually marry each other.

“I never thought about marriage, Mistress Kim,” stated Naeun.

“Really? You should because I would love to make your wedding dress when you do get married to my son,” smiled Mistress Kim.

“Umma. . .” I whispered while facepalming myself.

Thank goodness that Naeun already understood my mother’s persisting personality. I looked at her and saw the smile that she would project toward my mother. She never wanted to hurt my mother’s pride because she knew that my mother wouldn’t stop talking about marriage. When Mother was about to continue with the marriage conversation, I decided to intervene.

“Don’t you think marriage for us a little too early? I mean, I’m only 21 as well as Naeun.”

“I know but when college is over, you two need to go out on more dates instead of locking yourselves in your offices,” said Mistress Kim.

“Wait, how do you about this?” I asked.

“Oh, I have my ways,” smiled Mistress Kim.

I knew that my mother had her spies in both my company and Naeun’s.

“I’ll be back. I need to find my design that I want Naeun to see and wear one day.”

I gave a sigh of relief when she was gone and looked back at Naeun. She laughed because I seemed rather embarrassed of my mother.

“Mistress Kim really missed us,” laughed Naeun.

“Yes, after this want to go and visit Infinite and Apink later?” I asked.

“Sure, I would love to.”

“I think Sungyeol has good news about his engagement. He wouldn’t stop talking.”

“Who is he engaged to?” asked Naeun.

“Of course it’s not you,” I smirked.

“L! How dare you!” yelled Naeun as she tackled.

“Yah! I thought you wouldn’t call me that,” I pouted.

“You were the one who brought back that engagement. . .”

“I know. I’m sorry. Now call me Myungsoo.”

“Aniyo. I don’t want to anymore,” whispered Naeun.

“Naeun, I have my sketch,” said my mother.

I watched Naeun roll off of me and sit on the floor while I immediately stood up. Mistress Kim was confused that I was standing next to a sitting Naeun.

“Did something happen while I was gone?” asked Mistress Kim.

Naeun shook her head and I spoke that Naeun tripped even though it didn’t happen. After eating and talking with my mother, Naeun and I decided to meet up with Infinite and Apink. A lot of them had interesting things they wanted to say after college had started with them.

 

Naeun’s POV

Aigoo, I don’t like Myung at times. I can’t believe that I’ve been with him for 2 years now. I’m also happy that I finally have the Son Company. It wasn’t really my dream but I was happy. Although a lot of people don’t like it how I’m a CEO of two companies, my father’s company and my mother’s company. It makes it harder for the other businesses to catch up to my status. It was interesting how Myung’s company is ranked 2nd after Myung spoke about his father’s last statements.

My relationship with my father had been rough at the past but now it’s like the same relationship with my mother. We’re both playful with each other. The only thing that my father doesn’t like is Myungsoo and his cheesy affections toward me. My father had told me that it was similar to his relationship with him and my mother. Aigoo, I don’t want talk about that relationship. It’s interesting how I’ve been with a relationship with Myungsoo when we both started out as rivals.

Our relationship is still going strong and he still surprises me even to this day. I would say Woohyun and Chorong have the longest relationship in my group of friends. They are together even to this day. I don’t understand how Chorong call deal with that Namgrease. When he talks to Myungsoo on the phone, I shudder because it’s weird. Myungsoo would always tell me not to listen to whatever Woohyun told me. It was pretty funny.

I cannot believe that Mistress Kim asked me about marriage. I mean, I didn’t know how to explain. I certainly do not want to get married right now because I’m still in my early twenties. If I was in my mid-twenties then I would marry someone. Then again, Myung doesn’t like to talk about that topic so I’ll keep that to myself.

Anyways, after meeting with Mistress Kim, we met up with Infinite. Infinite and Apink both bought an apartment so all the girls could stay together, same thing for the guys, except for Sunggyu and Yookyung. Yookyung and Sunggyu are in Boston. I don’t know what they are doing up there but right now Myung and I are in Korea. We went to Sungyeol’s villa for vacation. When Myungsoo and I got there, we saw it was already open. Myungsoo widened his eyes and he immediately placed me behind him. He walked inside and then Infinite tackled him to the ground, while leaving me there to stand there. Poor Myung, he was tackled while I was hugged by my group of friends.

Instead of separating and talking about the events, Infinite sat next to their girlfriends. Well, Bomi and Dongwoo are not dating as well as Namjoo and Sungyeol. Woohyun and Chorong announced their engagement. He and Chorong are getting married right after college graduation. In the other hand, Namjoo and Sungyeol have a contracted engagement because of their companies. Sungyeol and Namjoo are happy about it because they loved each other anyway, even though Namjoo is still denying her feelings for Sungyeol.

“L, congrats on your 2nd year anniversary with Naeun,” said Woohyun.

“Thanks.”

“So when are you two going to marry?” asked Sungyeol.

Myung and I awkwardly looked away from our friends.

“We’re not going to marry yet. Plus, we both only dated for two years. I think long term relationships will determine if you’re ready for each other or not,” I said.

After meeting with our friends, Myung and I explored Korea by ourselves. We went back to America after two weeks because our classes were about to start once again.

****

5 years have passed

Naeun and Myungsoo have finally graduated college and both have a master’s degree in Business. They heard much news about their friends like Woohyun and Chorong had married each other 2 years ago; Sungyeol and Namjoo married each other the year, after Woohyun and Chorong’s wedding; Bomi and Dongwoo finally started dating; Sunggyu and Yookyung are together; Eunji and Hoya are engaged; and Hayoung and Sungjong are the first to expect a baby. Naeun and Myungsoo were surprised that Hayoung and Sungjong were married. It seems that they were engagement because of a contract. The funny thing about all the marriages were that Mistress Kim had designed all my friend’s wedding dresses.

While Naeun was hearing good news about her friends’ dating status and married lives, she started to think about hers. Myungsoo and her worked and never really had time to think about marriage. Even though they had each other, they never had a talk about marriage.

Anyways to save money, Myungsoo and Naeun decided to move in together. Myungsoo ended moving into Naeun’s apartment because it was closer to the elevator and stairs and L.Joe lived across from them. It’s been a year since they lived together. It was like they were married but they didn’t call it marriage.

Naeun locked herself in her bedroom and was using her iPad. She was talking to her father because he wanted to facetime her. She didn’t understand why her father was bothering her at this time. She wanted to sleep because she had a free day.

“Naeun-ah, can I ask you to come to a business party for me?” asked her father.

“Abeoji. .  .When and where is this business party?” asked Naeun.

“Tomorrow around 8pm at the Plaza Ballroom. Wear a mask because it’s masquerade themed”

“Do I have to go?”

“Yes, you should go. It will benefit our company and your mother’s. Also, masquerade parties only anger me because it brings me bad memories of your mother. Bring Myungsoo but I’m sure he already received an invitation.”

“What memories?” asked Naeun.

“Fine, I will tell you. I was at a masquerade ball and believed your mother was wearing this blue sequenced mask but it turned out that she was wearing a black dress with a black mask. I had forgotten that her favorite color was black not blue. So, the whole night I had danced with a strange blue dressed female that I haven’t known. .  .I found your mother eventually, when she was about to leave the party.”

“Aigoo. . .Fine. . .I’ll go the party for you.”

Naeun gave a sigh and agreed to go to the party. The only problem was that she didn’t have any dresses with her and certainly she didn’t want to go to a boutique. She felt like she would betray Mistress Kim if she went to a boutique store. Plus, she could never underestimated Mistress Kim and her lovely spies. She walked over to her closet and looked through the simple dresses she had but nothing were formal until one dress had caught her eye. It was the dress she wore to the Fall Equinox Ball. The dress was wrapped in a plastic covering as she took it out and laid it on her bed. The sequencing was beautiful but the horrible memories flew into her head.

She was poor at that time. She remembered her mysterious secret admirer took her to the ball. It was revealed that it was Myungsoo. She remembered slapping him when they both started to dance. Sad and angry, she remembered that she ran home with the dress on.

“Aigoo, this dress led my whole school to search for the maiden in black,” whispered Naeun.

She touched something around her neck and it was revealed that Naeun keeps her Infinite necklace, given by Myungsoo, around her neck. She closed her eyes and remembered the fake date that she had with Myungsoo. The little memories she had with Myungsoo made her feel better.

Suddenly, someone knocked on her door.

“Naeun? Are you busy?” asked a low voice.

Naeun opened her eyes and hid the dress in her closet. She tucked her infinite necklace under her shirt and ran toward the door. When she opened it, she received a  quick kiss on her lips.

“Myungsoo. . .what do you want?” asked Naeun.

“I was asking if you were invited to the business party,” asked Myungsoo.

“Aniyo, I wasn’t,” lied Naeun.

“Ah. . .really? You should have been invited though. . . .”

“Sorry but I wasn’t. Why, are you going?” asked Naeun.

“I was but if you’re not-”

“Yah! You should go. I mean, it would benefit you.”

“But it wouldn’t be the same without you at my side. It says I need a mask. It’s like a masquerade. Where am I going to find a mask?” asked Myungsoo.

“I don’t know. You should go though. I mean, it will benefit you,” said Naeun.

“Fine, I’ll wear my tuxedo and find myself a black mask,” said Myungsoo.

Naeun smiled because she was planning to go to the party without being unnoticed.

“Sweetie, if I go to the party, will you fine without me?”

“Yes, I have L.Joe,” smiled Naeun.

Myungsoo gave a sour face. Even though L.Joe was a nice guy, he couldn’t help but feel jealous when Naeun hugs him. He remembered his college classes where he would feel agitated because guys would look at Naeun in study hall at the library. Naeun laughed at Myungsoo’s expression and poked his face.

“You have that same face. Are you getting jealous, Myung?” asked Naeun.

“Yes, I’m getting jealous. I know he’s a good friends but I can’t help but worry.”

“Don’t worry about me. I will make sure that L.Joe won’t be too close, okay?”

Myungsoo gave a sigh and nodded. He looked at Naeun’s neck and saw a chain around her. He reached for it and pulled out the pendant. He widened his eyes because even to this day had she been wearing the Infinite necklace.

“You still wear it?” asked Myungsoo.

“Of course, didn’t I tell you that I always wear things that I like?” asked Naeun.

He gave a smile and pecked her cheek. He was happy that she wore the necklace. Even though Myungsoo rarely gave Naeun accessory gifts, he was grateful that she truly treasured the small gifts that he would give her. He hugged Naeun and then told her goodnight. Myungsoo watched Naeun closed her room and gave a smile. He walked to his room and went to sleep, easily. 


Are you sure this is complete?
/winks