Chapter 19: Airport Confusion

Fated Promise

Myungsoo’s POV

We sat in the car in silence. I tried to start a conversation but it always ended with ‘Yes’, ‘No’, or ‘I don’t know’. It was like she didn’t have an interest in talking to me. It made me angry because it’s been a while since I actually got to talk to her. During school, Sungyeol was always with her and I barely had the chance to talk to her. Also, my fans wouldn’t stop confessing their love for me causing it harder for me to approach Naeun. I always had to tag along with Hoya or Dongwoo. It was awkward and Hoya was giving me his famous bish face every time I said that there wasn’t anything going between Sungyeol and me.

As we sat in silence, my phone suddenly rang. I took it out and saw it was umma. I answered the call, ignoring Naeun, who was glancing at me.

“Did you pick her up yet?” asked my umma.

“Yes,” I said, giving a sigh.

“Good, your father’s manager is driving both of you to the airport. Stay close to Naeun,” said my umma.

“Wait, what about you?” I asked.

“I’ll be there once I finish talking to your father,” said my umma.

She then hanged up and I placed my phone back into my pocket. There was something suspicious going on. I didn’t understand what my mother was up to.

We arrived at the airport and I walked outside to open the door for Naeun. She walked outside and looked at me.

“Just because you’re acting like a gentleman right now, doesn’t mean I forgive you what you did this morning,” she sneered as she took her luggage and walked into the airport.

Right, I forgot about the incident this morning. She stood by the gate and didn’t move. It was annoying me because we were wasting time. I told her that we were going to the airport today and still she didn’t move. I was rather annoyed that she didn’t listen to me so I pulled her and tried to drag her but she kept resisting. I had no choice but to carry her, bridal style, into the car.

When I took my luggage, I walked into the airport and saw her sitting by the bench. I gave a smile that she was waiting there patiently and walked toward her.

“Waiting for me?” I asked.

“No duh, you have my ticket. I had to wait for you, idiot,” said Naeun.

You, brat! At least be happy that you get to be away from your father for a month and a half. I took out the tickets and gave it to her. We then walked toward our destined area. As we passed security, we gave out passports and headed to our designated plane.

I didn’t know which plane to board as I looked at my plane ticket. We had 40 mins to spare before the plane departures. When I looked up to check up on Naeun, I realized she wasn’t beside me.

Crap! Crap! I lost Naeun in the airport! I didn’t panic and tried to call her cellphone but there was no answer. Looking at the time, I had 30 minutes to find her. The 10 minutes were to get to the plane.

I called my father’s manager and asked him to find Naeun because I couldn’t find her. He had his passport if he needed to pass but he had no luggage or ticket. As he looked around the inside before passing security, I was inside looking for Naeun.

I walked around the airport and there was no sign of Naeun. I looked at my watch and saw that I only had 20 minutes before our plane leaves. I decided to go to the help center because that was my only hope on finding her.

“Can you please help me?” I said.

“Certainly, what do you-” said the guide.

I interrupted her because I was short in time.

“I’m really sorry for interrupting you but I’m short in time. We need to board a plane in twenty minutes.”

“Name, what does she look like?”

“Son Naeun. She is a girl the same age as me. She has long wavy hair, wearing a black burea, grey skirt, with a white blouse and a black blazer. Her luggage is black and she is carrying a black backpack.”

The guide nodded and sent an announcement for Naeun to come to the other help center that I was at.

I was desperate because I checked the time and it was 15 minutes until we depart and the last time I checked, our plane was not close to the help center that I am at.

 

Naeun’s POV

I couldn’t believe that my father packed my things and sent me to the Kims for this summer. This was a violation to the rules that he gave me, hanged in my room, and gave to all the other members that worked in our residence. I don’t understand this sudden change and he didn’t tell me why I had to spend the rest of my summer with the Kims.

I was angry at the guard for just opening the gate and let me get carried away by Myungsoo. I mean, I kind of liked it because I was escaping my father and I kind of missed Myungsoo. I mean, I don’t like him! I just wanted to leave my prison house.

Anyways, I sat in the car. I was utterly silent because I didn’t want to speak. He took me away from my house against my will. Okay, I was supposed to sit there and wait for them. It was awkward in the car because he was trying to speak to me but I said the simply, yes, no or I don’t know. It’s been months since we actually talked to each other outside of school. In school, Sungyeol would always hang out with me when he had the chance while Myungsoo would hang out with the other Infinite members.

I glanced at Myungsoo who suddenly got a call from someone. It seemed that he was talking to his mother.  Was this Mistress Kim’s idea? And I was going to try to escape this vacation. Maybe I will have a separate hotel room because we are going to America.

When he was done talking, it went back to the awkward silence until we got to the airport. He got out of the car and opened the door for me. He gave him one of his rare smiles and I sneered at him. There was no way I would forgive him for carrying me to his car. I took my luggage and walked into the airport.

It was actually my first time traveling. Even though I never traveled, my father’s manager would always take me to renew my passport when it was due. I was actually excited to go to the States because I wondered what it would be like. I remember my mom told me that she came to the States to study.

That was my goal. I wanted to study abroad once I graduate from high school. I wanted to get into the same school that my mother was able to get into. Anyways, I sat by a bench and waited for Myungsoo since he was taking so long.

He arrived and walked toward me with his annoying smirk. He was trying to be cocky again by saying that I waited for him but I had to because he had my ticket. Sometimes I just want to hit you but I can’t because then we both will start hitting each other, acting like we’re children. After I got my ticket, I followed him passed security. We waited by an area so that he could look at his ticket to determine where our plane was. While he was looking at his ticket, I told that I was going to the ladies’ room.

I took my luggage and walked toward the nearest bathroom. After I walked out of the bathroom, I walked toward the place he was standing. When I got to the area, he was no longer there.

That jerk! Where the heck is he? Did he decide to leave me? I don’t know where to go! I knew the best way was to stay put but I panicked because some people would stare at me. To feel better, I tried to act like I didn’t notice anything. I even took out my phone and tried to see who called me. All I saw was an unknown caller ID. Suddenly, an announcement was made with my name to come to the help center. I followed it and walked toward the help center. There I saw him standing by the help center. For some reason, I felt like my body moved on its own as I ran toward him and hugged him.

“I thought you left me!” I whispered.

“Idiot, where the heck were you? I called you,” whispered Myungsoo into my ears.

I looked at him and glared at him.

“I told you that I was at the ladies’ room,” I said.

“Whatever, we need to go,” he said as he took my hand and ran toward our plane.

****

Luckily, Naeun and Myungsoo got to the plane in time. They had 3 minutes to spare before the plane departure for New York City, New York, USA. When they landed to New York, Myungsoo held onto Naeun’s hand. He didn’t want to lose Naeun again. They went to find their luggage and waited with people. Naeun was trying to get her luggage but was pushed back by Myungsoo. He took his luggage and Naeun’s. He then turned Naeun and gestured her to move. Naeun nodded and followed him.

“So where are we going to stay?” asked Naeun.

“We’re staying over a hotel that is related to our family company. My mom rented the penthouse there,” said Myungsoo as he rolled both luggage.

“Naeun, stay close to me,” said Myungsoo.

“No duh! I have to because you have my luggage,” said Naeun.

She rolled her eyes and followed behind Myungsoo who still had her luggage.

“Don’t be sassy with me. I’m just saying because you got last the time,” said Myungsoo.

Myungsoo was tired after being jet lag. He didn’t notice that he called Naeun a sassy person.

“I’m not sassy! You’re being arrogant,” said Naeun.

“I’m not being arroagant! I was worried about you! I thought someone took you!” yelled Myungsoo.

He didn’t realize he was holding onto Naeun’s shoulders. Naeun pushed him and looked at his eyes if he was being serious. Wow, I didn’t think you would be this worried.

“Mianhae, I’m sorry for suddenly disappearing. I should have said it clearly that I was going to the ladies’ room,” said Naeun.

Myungsoo sighed and took his luggage. He turned to Naeun and looked at her.

“Come on, there should be a person waiting outside for us,” said Myungsoo as he gave a hand to Naeun.

Naeun gave a nod and held onto Myungsoo’s hand and walked toward him outside of the airport. There they found someone holding a Mistress and Son Kim sign. He walked toward the sign and the chauffeur.

“Are you Kim-”

“Save your breath. This girl is not my mother, idiot. Also, I’m not in the mood. I’m tired. Just drive us to the hotel,” said Myungsoo.

Naeun glared at Myungsoo for being mean to the man. He let go of Naeun’s hand and took her luggage toward the back of the car. Naeun looked at the chauffeur and apologized for Myungsoo’s behavior.

“I’m sorry for his behavior. We just landed and sat in the airplane for 10+ hours. He’s tired because I woke him up,” nodded Naeun.

“It’s alright, Miss,” smiled the chauffeur.

“Naeun, get in the car,” sneered Myungsoo.

Naeun sighed and walked into the car. She glared at Myungsoo and sat in the car in silence. While the chauffeur drove them to the hotel, Myungsoo drifted to sleep. Naeun didn’t notice because she was looking at the lights and the electronic billboards that New York City had. It was beautiful and she was glad that her father agreed to let her go with Myungsoo and his mother. She then realized something very weird as she took out her phone and called Mistress Kim.

“Yeobseyo?” said Mistress Kim.

“Hello, Mistress Kim. It’s Naeun,” said Naeun.

“Naeun! How are you, dear? Did you arrive at New York yet?” asked Mistress Kim.

“Yeah, we’re here but where are you?” asked Naeun.

“Me? I never planned to come,” said Mistress Kim.

“Bwoh? But- You- My father- L said that I’m spending time with you and him this summer.”

“Oh, I actually planned this trip for you and Myungsoo.”

“What? Why?”

“You two need to stop bickering and start becoming closer. I don’t like the tension between you two. Naeun, don’t worry about your father if that’s what you’re worrying about. He won’t interfere. I promise you. Now have fun. Take a lot of pictures,” said Mistress Kim as she hanged up.

Naeun was about to say something but Mistress Kim had already hanged up on her. She looked at her phone and gave a sigh. Aish! I’m stuck with him the whole summer! Argh! Kim Myungsoo, how the heck do you not notice your mother’s twisted plans!?!

She turned Myungsoo and saw he was sleep. She realized he was sleeping uncomfortably so she moved him and placed his head on her shoulder. Friends? Us? How? You’re so unpredictable to become friends with. It’s so hard.

When they arrived at the hotel, Naeun smiled at the chauffeur for opening the door for them. She looked at Myungsoo and started to shake him awake.

“Stop, give me a few minutes,” mumbled Myungsoo.

“L, we’re here. Wake up,” said Naeun.

“Don’t call me....call me Myungsoo....”

Naeun looked surprised at Myungsoo as she didn’t know whether to call him by his name or L. She gave a sigh and tried to call him Myungsoo.

“Myung....soo....wake up, now,” whispered Naeun.

Myungsoo opened his eyes, slowly, and looked at Naeun.

“Did you just call me, Myungsoo?”

Naeun looked surprised at Myungsoo as she walked out of the car really quickly. She didn’t think he would wake up by saying his real name. She tried to keep herself from blushing as she walked into the lobby and asked for the rooms they were staying at.

“Naeun, wait!” yelled Myungsoo as he walked into the lobby.

Before he could catch up to Naeun, someone hugged up and gave a playful smile.

“Myungsoo~ It’s been a while since we saw each other. I heard you came to America, remember me? Park Sunhee?” said the girl.

Naeun got the room keys and turned around. She saw Myungsoo being hugged by a girl she never met before. Suddenly, she started to feel horrible. She held a fist and placed in onto her heart. What is this? Is this what people call jealousy? 


Ugh! Finally updated. Sorry for the bad chapter.
Oh my gawd. I'm still in hiatus. I'll make it semi though.
I'm sorry for the somewhat sort update >.>
I was busy. TT
Anyways~ Enjoy.
Subscribe, comment, or both.
Also, thanks for those who upvoted TT You guys are too kind.
I'm going to make another story ^^
Featuring Myungsoo, Naeun, and Taemin =D
After I finish this first ^^
It's still in draft =D