Chapter 17: Sungyeol's Confession

Fated Promise

Myungsoo’s POV

It was after school, after a hectic day at school. Everyone was looking for the maiden in black. It was utterly annoying because a group of my fangirls started to narrow down girls that had black hair. They didn’t even include Naeun into the bunch, which was a good thing. The school media asked Suzy if she went with me and she said no. She said that she went with Taecyeon. They even asked Krystal, the new girl that arrived in Sungyeol’s class two weeks ago. She said that she went with Minho. I had a feeling this won’t rest until Naeun confesses she was the maiden in black.

Speaking of Naeun, she didn’t talk to me today. When I tried to ask for her notes in class, she completely ignored me. We were doing a partner project and asked the teacher if she could work with Taemin today because Bomi wasn’t here. The teacher even agreed. Every girl after that wanted to work with me but I told the teacher that I would work alone. I was furious because every time I glanced at Naeun, Taemin was saying corny things to her and it made her laugh.

HOW DOES SHE LAUGH AT HIS JOKES!?! THEY AREN’T FUNNY AT ALL! I clenched my fists together and accidentally broke my mechanical pencil. The pair to my left looked scared because they never saw me like this. A girl was passing by my desk and saw blood coming from hand.

“Oh my gawd! L sshi, your hand is bleeding!” shrieked the girl.

“I’m fine, thank you for worrying about me,” I said sweetly to the girl.

Everyone turned around to look at me except Naeun. It was like I was a complete ghost to her. Look at me, gawd dammit! The teacher asked for volunteers to take me to the nurse but I stood up and walked close to where Naeun was. I pushed her chair toward her desk because of my anger and frustration. She probably didn’t care but I saw Taemin give a glare to me. I stared at him with my cold eyes and saw him whimper off. That’s right, don’t mess with me. I gave a scoff and walked out of class to the nurse’s office.

Anyways, I’m at Woohyun’s place because he decided that Infinite needed a time to relax before exams. I already studied for my exams every day so I didn’t really need to study that much. I even told my dad that I will work double time during the weekends to make up for today. Anyways, Woohyun sat next to Sunggyu. Hoya sat in between of Dongwoo and Sungjong while I sat next to Sungyeol. We were all planning how we were going to study for the next three weeks.

“Woohyun, are you going to study with Chorong? She is still ranked third,” said Hoya.

“Nah, I think she would want to study with Naeun. I heard she dislikes Calculus and Naeun is a better choice for her than me,” said Woohyun.

“So, Myungsoo, are you going to help us in studying again or no?” asked Dongwoo.

I was too busy thinking of what happened during lunch and didn’t listen to Dongwoo. Anyways, during lunch, Naeun was with Sungyeol. They both were studying together in the library. I wanted a place to think and the library was a good place. When I saw Naeun with Sungyeol, I had that same feeling again. This time it was stronger. The way she could interact with Sungyeol made me envy my best friend. He could approach her and still not get that cold look that she gives to me. Anyways, right now I placed my hands, looking like I was clutching my head.

What is happening to me? Why am I thinking about what happened during lunch? I am constantly thinking about her even I’m here. Is it because of Sungyeol? No, it can’t be!

“MYUNGSOO!” yelled Sungyeol.

I smacked the guy with a pillow and covered my ears when he screamed at me. When he was done yelling at me, I answered him back.

“WHAT!?! I was in deep thought!” I yelled.

“Dongwoo wanted to talk to you. He didn’t want to ask because you were seriously in deep thought,” said Sungyeol.

I glanced at Dongwoo and gave a sigh.

“I’m sorry, I was thinking about something. Anyways, after school my place. I’ll as my father if I can shift the working to the weekends so that we can all study,” I said.

As we talked about the study groups and somewhat about WooRong, Sunggyu decided to start another heated topic and it was the ball. Oh, great, my humiliation in front of the whole school. You just want to talk about that or is it about the mystery girl I brought to the ball.

“So, did everyone like the ball?” asked Sunggyu.

“It was great! I danced very well with Eunji, ” laughed Hoya.

“Yeah, it was fun. It was rude that Namjoo went to Sungyeol though. It’s okay, I danced with Bomi most of the time,” smiled Dongwoo.

“Yeah it was fun after that small incident,” said Sunggyu.

Sunggyu glanced at my direction and I looked at him. It felt like he already knew who I took the ball. Why do you want to bring it up if you already knew who I went with?

“Oh right! That reminds me, who go slapped? I wasn’t there to see because Chorong and I were in the back,” said Woohyun.

Everyone pointed to me and I gave a glare to Woohyun.

“Didn’t you read your phone!?! The school media had it as a featured article. Hence, the maiden in black event came,” I said giving a sigh.

“You got slapped!?! By who?” asked Woohyun.

“I went to the ball with Naeun,” I said giving a sigh.

Everyone, particularly Sungyeol, had a shocked face. They were shocked that I had a chance to ask Naeun.

“That’s impossible, unless-” said Woohyun.

“Unless, you were her secret admirer,” said Sungyeol, finishing the sentence.

“I’m not her secret admirer, choding,” I said while trying to calm myself down.

“Then what are you? Why did you give all those gifts to her? You know in the library today, she cried. She completely was crushed by the fact that you were ‘secret’ admirer or whatever you call it,” said Sungyeol.

He seemed rather annoyed and it felt like he was raising his voice at me.

“She said to me that you were toying with her feelings. Were you toying with her feelings? She also said that every time she faces you, her heart feels like it’s been ripped to pieces because she knows you only care about her reputation.”

“That isn’t true!” I yelled as the tension between Sungyeol gotten worse.

“I wasn’t toying with her feelings. I was helping her! I’m sorry for her interpretation was wrong but I wasn’t doing it for my reputation as a rich person.”

“Myungsoo, you’re my best friend but this a girl’s feelings! You should know how fragile a girl’s heart. You hurt her!”

“Why are you raising your voice at me then?” I yelled.

“Because I like her,” said Sungyeol.

I was about to say something but I couldn’t compete with that. Everyone was silent as Sungyeol confessed to us that he likes Son Naeun. When confessed, I felt angry but there was another feeling and I couldn’t seem to grasp it.

“Anyways, I’m going,” said Sungyeol.

“Wait why are you leaving, hyung?” asked Sungjong.

“I’m going over to Naeun’s place,” said Sungyeol.

He took his things and waved goodbye to us. When he left, I finally realized something. The feeling that I couldn’t grasp, I’m feeling jealous.

 

Naeun’s POV

I didn’t have to work so late and I’m so happy again. The manager is not coming back for 3 more months. I can slack off a bit in work and focus on studying like two years ago. The manager’s daughter gave me a schedule that I can work for a little less during the weekdays and more in the weekends. I’m very grateful to have her. Anyways, I was in my apartment because Sungyeol asked me to tutor him. Actually, I was tricked by him so that I can tutor him. He asked me during lunch. It was funny the way he asked me.

I was sitting at my usual table where I study and suddenly the choding figure appeared. He placed his books next to him and asked me to sit next to him. I said but I didn’t understand why I was nervous sitting next to him. It was a weird feeling. Suddenly when I turned around, his face was close to mine and I fell off my chair. His face was so close that I almost kissed him.

“Naeun!” yelled Sungyeol as he tried to help me up.

I only laughed at my position because it was funny the way I looked. He helped me up to my chair and I went to study, ignoring my stupid feeling. There was a complete awkward silence until Sungyeol started to poke me. I squat his hand away as I continued studying. He then started to move my book and it made me lose focus.

“What?” I asked without trying to explode my anger at him.

“Mianhae Naeun, can you help me with this problem?” he asked.

I gave a smile and started to help him with the problem. As I showed him the problem, I felt like he would glance at me so I ignored him. When I was done explained, he gave a pout and I wanted to pinch his cute face.

“What now, can’t you see I’m studying alone?” I whined.

“You didn’t help me,” said Sungyeol.

“I did too! I perfectly explained it to you,” I said with a sigh.

When the bell rang, I was stuff my books into my bag and Sungyeol was the one who was helping me. Suddenly that’s when he asked me to tutor me.

“Later help with the problem, okay?” said Sungyeol.

“Yeah sure,” I said without realizing what I agreed upon.

“Great, it will be at your house tonight,” said Sungyeol as we walked toward to class.

WAIT WHAT!?! You sneaking choding! Ugh, I’ll try to finish work then.

Hence, I finished work early and was waiting for the choding to come to my house. The doorbell rang and I opened the door. There stood Sungyeol accompanied by Myungsoo!?! What!?! What the heck is he doing here? Doesn’t he understand that I don’t want to see him especially when I ignored him at school?

“Mianhae Naeun, he followed me here,” said Sungyeol as he gave a sigh.

“Sorry for interrupting but I wanted to talk to Naeun about a project,” said Myungsoo. Oh so you came here for the project? I know he assigned but you don’t even help me.

“Right, well we can do that tomorrow in the library. I only expected Sungyeol to come,” I said coldly toward Myungsoo.

“Well, I’m sorry Naeun but I have an important meeting tomorrow with business club members so why not we do the project now,” said Myungsoo. What are you planning? Can’t you see how you already hurt me?

I didn’t answer back at him as we stared at each other for five minutes. We were broken off by Sungyeol’s exaggerated cough.

“Naeun, I’m cold, can we come into your house now,” whined Sungyeol. Why are you so cute?

I gave a nod and let them into the house. I apologized for the bare furniture and space as they sat on the couch.

“You don’t have to apologize, we understand how hard you work,” smiled Sungyeol.

Myungsoo didn’t even say anything as he took out his assignments. He sat in front of Sungyeol and me by the coffee table. As I was helping Sungyeol with Calculus, I felt there was tension between Sungyeol and Myungsoo.

It was weird, I didn’t know why they were so eager all the sudden to ask me questions. Myungsoo kept bugging me with the project and then Sungyeol would ask me to help him with another subject. I actually felt so frustrated with the both of them bothering me.

When Sungyeol finally saw how late it was, he left for the night. He waved good bye and walked out of the house. I kept the door open and looked at Myungsoo.

“Leave,” I said with a smiled.

“No, why should I? I’m not done,” said Myungsoo.

He went back to working on the project. I closed the door and decided to crack my knuckles. When I did that, I walked over to Myungsoo and started to pull him toward the door.

“LEAVE!” I yelled.

“No!” yelled Myungsoo as his feet were wrapped around the coffee table’s leg.

After attempting on trying to get him to the door, I fell back and gave a sigh of defeat. Why was he here anyways? I didn’t understand his intentions.

“You’re so weak,” chuckled Myungsoo as he sat next to me.

“We’re done with the project, are we not?” I asked.

“Yep, you can say that,” said Myungsoo.

When he sat next to me, I took him by his collar of his shirt and started to drag him to the door. When I got to the door, I opened the door. I picked up his things and pulled the door open while my foot.

“Naeun, stop! I have to tell you something,” said Myungsoo.

“Tell it tomorrow if you can get me to start talking to you,” I said without caring what he needed to say.

I had enough of him for one day. When I swung the door open, there stood my father with his manager. I dropped his stuff at the sight of my father and let go of the collar of his shirt.

****

Myungsoo was fixing his collar and didn’t understand why Naeun would let him go all of the sudden after her sudden urge of throwing him out of the apartment. When he finished fixing his collar, he stood in front of the door and there stood a man he only knew from the business channel he barely watched at home. The man that’s business is first in the world but second in Korea. It was none other than Naeun’s father, the chairman of the Son Company of Electronics and Photography.

Naeun was rather silent and her shocked face turned into an emotionless expression. She didn’t expect her father to come and visit her since he was always busy. The last time he visited this place was before her mother was hospitalized. Why is he here? Mother isn’t dead so why would he come here? What is this?

“Excuse me Son sshi, but you’re blocking my way,” said Myungsoo.

He was tired of staying of the silence and wanted to break it. Naeun looked surprised at Myungsoo and forgotten he was beside her. Naeun’s father glanced at Myungsoo and then at Naeun. He didn’t understand why the chairman’s son of the Kim Corporation was standing next to his daughter. He certainly didn’t like it any bit.

“My apologies,” said Naeun’s father with a hint of despised tone in his voice as he moved aside.

Myungsoo took his things and turned to Naeun. He gave one of his rare smiles to help relax Naeun as he turned around and left. He slung his bag behind him as he passed Naeun’s father. He knew that her father was looking at him with hatred as he walked on pretending not to notice the tension of the scenery.

When Myungsoo disappeared, Naeun’s father turned to Naeun. He didn’t understand why Naeun was with the son of the company he is rivals with. He was about to scream to at her when Naeun was already shutting the door. He surprised that his daughter had the nerve on disobeying him. He stopped the door before it closed and pushed the door open.

“How dare you,” he said softly but with an anger tone.

“Like I said before I left the house, the only one I need is my mother. If she is gone, there is no need to show my gratitude to anyone,” said Naeun in a soft whisper.

“I came here to bring you back home,” he said without trying to be angry.

“And what if I refuse? I rather stay here and do something while rot in your house of corruption,” said Naeun with spite in her tone.

She couldn’t forgive her father for always ignoring her as she was little. She hated the fact that he came to her today. It felt like he needed her back but she was fine here. She didn’t want to go back to the easy way of living. She didn’t want go back. Even though this live she is living is miserable, the friends she made helped her.

Her father was taken aback from his daughter and realized the misery of how she lived alone without a mother for the past five years. He realized what he turned her into and how she never trusted him.

“The reason I want you to go back to our house because the Kim Corporation leaked out news of an arrange marriage for his son. I had a hunch it was you because he showed a female wearing a mask and a ball gown that only you would wear because of its color. It was a rumor throughout the business society but I know it’s real. I don’t want you marrying his son and by the looks of it, you two seem close,” said Naeun’s father as he clenched his fist.

That’s the same thing that L said to me? Why does his father want me to get married with L so much? Is it because I’m the only one who can receive the company? I know my cousin Son Dongwoon is a business major. Isn’t he the one who was going to receive the company?

“So what if I’m close with Kim Myungsoo? He has nothing to do with the arrange marriage. He also disagrees in marrying me. Also, why does it have to involve me moving back?” said Naeun.

“You’re my daughter and I want you back in the house. You are no to object with this decision. I refuse you to get into a marriage with that monopoly CEO and his son. You are to pack your things and that is final,” said Naeun’s father.

“What if I don’t do it?” asked Naeun.

She really wasn’t supposed to say this to her father because she knew how bad her father’s temper was. She turned around and faced him with her emotionless face. She saw her father’s face turn red and trying not to slap her for being a rebel daughter.

“If you don’t pack your things now, I will automatically transfer you to another school,” said Naeun’s father.

Naeun flinched and then glared at her father because she never though her father would do something that drastic to make her leave the apartment that she stayed in for five years.

“You wouldn’t dare,” muttered Naeun.

Her father gave a smirk and took out a letter that written transfer papers onto it.

“Oh, but I already did,” said her father as he won this round.

Shocked to see what her father was holding, she went into her room and stuffed her things into her suitcase. She saw her father’s manager helping her. She gave a smile because her father’s manager always helped her even from the worse cases.

“Mianhae Naeun ah, but this for your own good, your father doesn’t want you near the chairman of the Kim Corporation. Who knows what that chairman has already planned, he is very secretive and sometimes make bluffs or rumors before revealing the truth,” said her father’s manager.

“It’s fine. I already heard stories about him from L so it doesn’t matter to me,” said Naeun as she gave a sigh.

When they were done packing, her father’s manager took her things and placed it into the car. Naeun looked around her apartment and gave a sigh. She was going back to being a rich person. She wasn’t happy about it because she no longer lived close to the city. She loved the city and its scenery. She sat in the car and watched her apartment diminish from her view.

****

It was afterschool and Myungsoo decided that he needed to visit Naeun after school. He still needed to work on the project with her. As he took his things and walked toward the front entrance gate of the school, he realized something was different. When he reached the front gate, he saw Naeun talking to a man. As he guided her to a car and drove off. He didn’t understand why Naeun had a chauffeur because she usually walked home. He walked over to Abeoji’s manager and asked him to drive to Naeun’s apartment.

When they arrived at Naeun’s apartment, he saw the place looked rather dark. He walked toward the front steps and stared at a sign that said:

 FOR RENT 

He didn’t understand the meaning of this. Why would there be a sign? He then realized why her father came that night. Naeun probably moved back to the Son Residence so that he no longer had any outside contact with her except school. Basically, her father realized his father’s actions. He knew this was a problem because he no longer knew how to beat Sungyeol in capturing Naeun’s heart first. 


So Sungyeol is the first in realizing his feelings.
What will happen to Myungsoo?
Will he be able to realize his feelings for Naeun or no?
Anyways, I've been writing and writing.
I want to finish this story first before making a new fanfic.
I already have one in mind ^^ =3
Anyways, subscribe or comment or both. ^^ =3