Chapter 6: Partners

Fated Promise

Myungsoo’s POV

“Myungsoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” yelled Sungyeol as he hugged me at the front entrance of the school. I swear this guy either loses brain cells every year or he only uses them on exams….

“We were both in the library yesterday doing our summer work yesterday. Why are suddenly yelling my name and hugging me?” I asked with an annoyed expression.

“Sorry, everyone here looks like they were meeting their friends for the first time since summer so...I decided that I should do the exact same thing,” laughed Sungyeol as he rubbed the back of his neck.

I was facepalming myself because I knew he will always be choding Yeol whether he is smart or mature. Hahaha, Sungyeol being mature is funny.

“Hey, Myungsoo and Sungyeol,” said Hoya and Dongwoo as they approached us, “how was your six days of summer work? Did you all cram it yesterday?”

We all laughed and nodded because it was true. Most of us, on the morning of the last day of summer, were basically cramming to get our summer work done.

“Sungyeol and I were in the library the last two days and we were trying to finish our work. We finished around 6pm, yesterday,” I said.

“Impressive, Myungsoo is no longer getting lazy,” laughed Sunggyu as he came out of nowhere again.

“What’s up, Class Rep?” said Dongwoo.

We all laughed at what Dongwoo said and saw Sunggyu’s face. He was not amused but he forgave us anyway.

“Where’s Woohyun?” asked Sungjong as he came with Sunggyu.

“Ah, he should be here in a few-” Sunggyu was cut off because someone jumped and tackled him.

“Why the hell didn’t you tell me today was the first day of school? I ran from my house just to get here!” yelled Woohyun as he was trying to catch his breath. Now that all of us were here, we walked into the school.

I was angry and glad that today was a start of a new semester and a new school year. I was happy because my friends and I were probably going to have a good year. I was angry because Naeun was probably going to top me again in the rankings. There was another problem also...I knew that since my dad wants me to be involved with the company. I would be getting company work and school work every day now.

There was a problem that struck us and that was that Infinite was spilt this year. None of us except Sunggyu and Woohyun were in the same classes. I was completely separated from Sungyeol, although his class is across my classroom.  

I gave a sigh and walked into my classroom and there sitting at her desk was none other than Son Naeun. Oh great...just when I thought this day could be great...I see her. I sat next to her to her because stares were looking at me and I didn’t have any friends here.

“Son Naeun,” I coughed her name out as I took out my summer work.

She glanced at me and gave a glare. Oh so this is how you treat me on the first day of school? Gee, thanks!

“Kim Myungsoo,” she said as she stopped glaring at me and looked back at her book.

I glanced at her book and saw her writing down times. It must have been her schedule book because I barely saw her without that book. It’s like her life depended on all the times and schedule he placed in that book.

Just then, as she was writing, I heard another person call my name.

“Omg! Kim Myungsoo!” she yelled as she rushed toward me and hugged me.

I pushed her to the side and gave a glare at her. No one could hug me or touch my hair. No one could go near me except Infinite because they are basically my brothers for life. I glanced at her and saw it was Bomi.

“Naeun, you’re in this class too? Great! I can ask questions from you and Myungsoo,” she giggled as she sat in front of me.

I swear this year was probably going to get worse. I gave a sigh and rubbed my forehead because I was receiving a headache.

The teacher finally came to take attendance and finally started the lesson. Throughout the lesson, I kept glancing at Naeun’s notes because she had a lot more than the teachers. It was nicely written like mine but it seemed that she already learned the lesson. I learned the lesson two days ago and my head hurts because of all that work and plus the company work that my dad gave me.

Bomi turned around every time the teacher was writing things on the bored and looked at my notes and sometime took Naeun’s notes. It was distracting and annoying. How the heck does Naeun deal with this girl? I can’t even concentrate. I also have to calm down....

When the teacher was done with the lesson, he collected the summer work. After the summer work, he already placed us with partners for the semester. I gave a sigh because he probably was going to place me with some girl that barely understood anything and would blush every time she saw me.

He called the girls down and each one picked a folded name out of the hat. Naeun was the last one to go up and every girl was sad. I didn’t understand why until every girl looked at Naeun, who opened up her folded paper, causing the teacher to comment about it.

“Woah, I never thought that the smartest girl and smartest boy would be partners for this semester,” said the teacher.

“Anyways, I want you to sit next to your partners like what Naeun sshi and Myungsoo sshi are doing right now.”

“WHAT!?!” yelled all the girls as Naeun ignored them yelling and was writing something. After every girl moved toward their partner, I glanced at Naeun’s desk and saw a note with my name on it. I took the paper, unfolded and read it silently to myself. Written on it was:

Kim Myungsoo,

Don’t talk to me unless it’s important or related to projects. If you want to value your existence of being most arrogant and coldest boy in the school, I suggest that you should only talk to me when he assigns projects. Other than that, there is no use of talking to me.

-S.N.

I crumbled the paper and stuffed it into my pocket because that was exactly what I was going to do. There was no use to talk to her anyway. When morning classes ended, we already received our first project and it was to create a story about our summer vacation.

“This day is just getting better and better...” I scoffed and placed a note on Naeun’s desk. After that, I left the room with an angry expression. Stupid hat drawing!

 

Naeun’s POV

I ran from my apartment to the school because I woke up so late. Argh! Why didn’t my alarm wake me up! I’m going to be late for my second year of high school! That will ruin my reputation!

I arrived at the school and looked at the time; I had five minutes to go to class. I ran into the school, up the second floor and ran into Class 2A. When I looked at the classroom, I saw not that much people were in the classroom so I decided to look for Chorong and the rest of my friends.

As I walked through the hallways, I spotted Chorong doing last minute math problems by the window and was panicking. When she saw me, she gestured me forward.

“Naeun! HELP ME WITH PRE-CALCULUS!” she whined as I laughed and started to do the math for her. We finished in time when the first bell rang.

“Thank you so much Naeun!” she smiled and hugged me as we walked into our class.

“You’re welcome unnie,” I said, giving a smile.

“So what class are you going to be this year?” she asked.

“I’m in Class 2A, you?”

“Aww, I’m in class 2B. Apink is going to be spilt this year, I guess. I’m with Namjoo and Eunji. Hayoung and Yookyung are in another class. I don’t know about Bomi, she didn’t tell me her morning schedule. I know for sure that afternoon classes will be different too. I hope that you’re in my afternoon classes,” smiled Chorong as we stopped in front of our classes.

Luckily, our classes are across the hallway so when we both have study hall, we could visit each other. We waved each other good bye as I sat in a good desk that was close to the window and good position of the teacher to see me.

Just then, I heard the girls swoon and whispering, I didn’t mind it because I was used to people spreading rumors about me. I was planning my schedule for this year until I heard his name.

I looked up and saw that L was also in my class and the way he said my full name, annoyed me. I said his full name the same way as I went back to writing my schedule. Then, I heard someone yell L name really loud. I looked up and saw Bomi. I shook my head as I smiled at her. I was glad that Bomi was in the same class as me. Wait, is Sungyeol also in the same class as L?

She sat in front of L and we waited for the teacher to take attendance. Right after attendance, we started the lesson. I already knew the lesson so I let Bomi copy my notes but what was interesting was L kept looking at my notes. It was weird but interesting.

Next, the teacher asked for everyone for the summer work so we passed it up. After he collected all the summer work, he asked every girl to select a slip of paper out of the hat. He said that it had every guy’s name written on it. All the girls rushed for the hat because they all wanted to have L as a partner. I swear, what do girls see in this guy? He is nothing but an arrogant, jerk, no soul person! The girls all opened their papers and didn’t look happy. I was the last girl that didn’t receive a paper.

I walked toward the hat and took out the last slip of paper. I saw stares look at me as I opened the paper and it read his name. I didn’t say anything but the teacher said my reputation and his reputation which made all the girls glare at me.

What made it worse was that the teacher made us sit with our partners. Argh! I’m stuck being next to him and doing work with him for the rest of the semester! He made it worse because he said our first project was to create some story with our summer break. WHAT SUMMER BREAK!?! I WORKED THE WHOLE SUMMER! He is going to know about my work and how poor I am! Naeun, what are you going to do!?!

When class ended, L gave me a slip of paper and then walked out of the class. I wrote him a slip of paper too about how we were not to speak to each other unless it’s important or about the project. I opened the note and read it:

Since we don’t want to ruin our reputations, let’s work on our projects at my place. By my place, the Kim Corporation building not the house, so that means you are to meet me there right after school. No buts until we’re done every time we are assigned a project. I will guide you today but you are to trail me because I don’t want girls to spread rumors about us. Got it, brat?

-K.M.

I swear this guy gets on my nerves every day. How am I going to work now!?! ARGH! I hate you Kim Myungsoo!

****

Myungsoo walked into the canteen and spotted his friends who were eating already. Myungsoo didn’t feel good so he barely ate until Sungyeol forced him to eat what Dongwoo and Woohyun cooked. After they were done eating, they started to explain how their mornings went.

“I have Chorong , Eunji and Namjoo in my class,” smiled Sungyeol as he gave a smile to Woohyun.

“Don’t you dare do something to my girlfriend!” glared Woohyun as everyone knew that Sungyeol was joking. They all laughed at Woohyun because of his overprotective state.

“Woohyun, he is joking. We all know he likes Naeun,” sad Hoya he gave a nudge at Sungyeol.

“YAH! I don’t like Naeun. She is just a friend! How about you and Eunji? There is something going on between you and her! I know it,” said Sungyeol as he was trying to get a comeback to Hoya.

“I’m kidding. Ani, Eunji and I have been friends longer than Dongwoo. It’s the reason why I’m always with Eunji. Anyways, I have Yookyung and Hayoung in my class with Dongwoo and Sungjong,” said Hoya.

“I have Bae Suzy in my class with Woohyun,” said Sunggyu.

“How about you Myungsoo hyung?” asked Sungjong. Sungjong looked a Myungsoo, who wasn’t even speaking. He looked rather pale and angry. Sungjong didn’t want to ask him again so he nudged Sungyeol to make Myungsoo speak.

“Myungsoo, who is in your class that you know?” asked Sungyeol.

Myungsoo didn’t speak as he pointed his fork and spoon to the Apink table. Infinite looked at the direction of the spoon and fork and saw it pointed to Naeun and Bomi.

“You have both Naeun and Bomi in your class?” asked Sungyeol as he glanced at Naeun. Naeun saw that Sungyeol was looking at her so she gave a smile and waved at him. He smiled and waved back at her.

“Yeah and the worst part is that my teacher has this thing about girls being assigned to guys as partners. Guess who I’m partnered with for the whole semester?” said Myungsoo as he drank his water.

“Hmm, is it Naeun?” asked Hoya.

“You guessed correctly...I have a reputation and she does too. Why the heck do I have to be partnered with her!?!” complained Myungsoo.

“Maybe it’s just a coincidence?” asked Dongwoo.

“No, I think it’s fate,” said Woohyun.

Myungsoo glared at Woohyun as he threw his fork into the trashcan and it made it in.

“I was kidding, Myungsoo. God, sheesh, calm down,” said Woohyun as he walked to the utensil table.

“Well, I think you should stop complaining now. What’s the assignment anyways?” asked Sunggyu.

“To write some stupid story about our summer vacation but there is problem, I didn’t have a summer this year because of work,” said Myungsoo.

When Myungsoo said writer a story about summer vacation, Sungyeol almost chocked on his water. He knew about Naeun’s secret about how she worked every day. If they have to write a story of summer vacation, Myungsoo will find out about Naeun’s busy life. What’s going to happen to Naeun?

While Myungsoo was complaining about how the summer vacation project, Naeun was complaining about Kim Myungsoo.

“I can’t believe it! I have to be partnered with the most arrogant boy in the school! Argh! I wished Bomi got him. I mean I would have rather have Lee Taemin than work with L,” said Naeun as she ate her salad.

“Naeun, you have to stop complaining about L. I mean, we all know that he is rude and cold but you never know that he might nice and sweet. Just look what happened to me and Woohyun,” said Chorong.

“Aniyo! Woohyun oppa is so much nicer than L. L is just mean! Mean and has no soul at all,” said Naeun as she was frustrated.

Bomi laughed at Naeun and smiled.

“You’re lucky to have Myungsoo as a partner. He is smart like you so that means you can probably finish your projects quickly unlike others,” said Bomi.

“But Bomi unnie~! I would rather have Lee Taemin than a cold person like him,” whined Naeun.

“We know, Naeun,” laughed all of Apink.

Naeun puffed out her cheeks and then looked at the Infinite table. She saw Sungyeol glancing at her so she waved and smiled at him. She watched him do a funny face and wave at her back. Naeun smiled at him and then looked at Namjoo who was reading some manga.

“Namjoo, you haven’t said anything to me since you started that manga,” sighed Naeun as she confiscated Namjoo’s phone.

“WAH~! UNNIE I JUST GOT TO THE BEST PART OF THAT MANGA~” whined Namjoo as she looked at Naeun with pleading eyes of asking for her phone back.

“Aniyo,” said Naeun as she talked about the project this time.

Namjoo didn’t listen as she looked through Naeun’s stuff and found a note written by Myungsoo.

“OMG WHAT IS THIS!?!” said Namjoo as she took the note out and started to read.

Naeun was too late to grab the note and saw Namjoo reading her note. Apink was curious to who had written the note until they saw the intials.

“KM? Who has the initials of KM?” asked Namjoo.

“Kim Myungsoo,” said Eunji as her observation skills never failed.

“OMG! You’re so lucky Naeun! You get to visit his family’s company. It’s been a girl's dream to visit the Kim Corporation because rumor has it that whoever girl that Myungsoo brings into that Corporation is considered blessed by the family,” said Bomi.

Naeun facepalmed herself. She knew that Bomi would be the one to believe a rumor like that.

“That’s absurb! We are partners, classmates! Our reputations in this school are rivals against one thing and that is being first. Actually, I don’t care about being first; I only care about getting good grades,” said Naeun. And my mother, of course.

After a hectic morning, Naeun was glad that Sungyeol was in her afternoon classes but of course, just like her morning class, she also had Myungsoo in the same class with her. Bomi wasn’t in the same afternoon classes as Naeun but was in the same afternoon class with the rest of Apink and Infinite.

When the afternoon classes were done, Myungsoo waited by the entrance for Naeun. Aish, where the heck was this girl? I need to get working you know...I don’t have all day!

Naeun ran toward the entrance and saw that Myungsoo waited for her. From there, Myungsoo turned around and started to walk to Kim Corporation building with Naeun trailing behind him. 

 


So I lied. This is my last update until saturday =3
Yep, there is Myungeun moments here lol.
Lol. ^^ =3 
I love reading your comments.
Please comment or subscribe or both <3 ^^ =3
Notes:
Sungyeol  is maroon. 
Also note that the hat drawing is not an artistic drawing.