Chapter 22: Love is Cruel

Fated Promise

Myungsoo’s POV

I placed Naeun on the couch, when arriving at the lodge. The hiker guides were furious because I disobeyed them. I didn’t care; Naeun would have to endure the dropping temperatures if they couldn’t find her that night. I couldn’t imagine that.

After the kiss, Naeun’s cheeks turned red and she couldn’t look at my face. She pushed me away and stood up to brush the dirt off her pants. I also remembered how cold her hands felt when I held onto her hands. I was so worried for her health. She would sneeze or chatter her teeth. I didn’t know how long she was missing but I knew she was cold. She would embrace herself as we walked. I offered her my jacket and carried her to the lodge. She fought with me but I was persistent and I won when she tripped.

I carried her to the lodge and didn’t realize that she felt asleep. I asked JB o\to hold her until I could her, bridal style. All of us then walked into the lodge.

Anyways, I walked away not even talking to the hiker guides because I didn’t want to deal with them. I wanted to stay with Naeun and keep her company for tonight. When I sat down, I placed Naeun’s head on my lap and moved her hair away from her face. Suddenly, I felt like someone was following me so I looked up and saw Sunhee sitting in front of me.

“What?” I sneered.

“I was worried about you. Especially, since you’re always away from me,” she pouted.

“Thanks, I don’t need it though,” I said while playing with Naeun’s hair.

Sunhee left after my answer. I was glad that I could have some alone time with Naeun, even if she was already sleeping. I glanced at her consummate face. She seemed to be in peace and everything about her was perfect. I couldn’t believe that I didn’t notice that she was important to me until I started to realize that we grew apart.

I thought this vacation was supposed to bring us closer? Why is it bringing me apart from her? I mean, I’m mostly with Sunhee and it’s annoying. I just wanted one day with Naeun. Just Naeun and no one will bother us at that place.

“I love you, Naeun” I whispered.

Knowing there was silence; I took her hand and kissed the back of it. It wasn’t fair that I couldn’t express my feelings to her. I always get interrupted. I could have told her that I love her on the last day of school but Sungyeol was around her. I could have told her in front of the gates but her father probably had cameras and watching my every move. I could have told her before going into the hotel but Sunhee hugged me.

All of these interruptions keep on happening when I try to confess. I don’t know when to confess to her anymore. A small tear shed down my face as I held her hand.

“You know Naeun, even though I said I hated you and despised you; I was actually very interested in you. If you love me back, then wait for me to confess. Stay with me longer, I just want to say to you without any interruptions,” I whispered.

I glanced at the fireplace and watched it slowly diminish until I fell asleep on the couch.

 

Naeun’s POV

I woke up on the couch while rubbing my eyes. I realized that I wasn’t sleeping because I felt muscle. I sat up and realized that I slept on L’s lap.

What!?! How? Maybe he saw me helpless and decided to let me sleep on his lap? Well, that was awkward. What’s worse is if he wakes up? He might make me blush. Aigoo, I still can remember when he kissed me. His lips. . .NAEUN! Stop! Don’t think about that!

I was about to get off the couch but suddenly L suddenly grabbed onto my arm. I was pulled back and sat on his lap. He wrapped his arms around my waist, unconsciously. I was so uncomfortable and very scared. I didn’t know what would happen if I unwrapped his arms. He probably would hug me tighter and it would only make it harder for me to escape his grasp. Placing my hands on his hands, slowly, unwrapping his arms around my waist but he held onto me tighter.

“Don’t. . .go. . .I want you,” he whispered as he buried his face into my hair.

“L, are you awake?” I asked.

There was no answer. I knew he was still sleeping. I blushed because this was something new for me. It was probably the kiss that made me act this way. I needed to get out so I started to whine.

“L, wake up!” I whined.

He didn’t speak and just sleep. I was starting to get annoyed so I hit his hand.

“L!” I yelled enough for him to wake up.

He didn’t open his eyes and continued to sleep.

Are you kidding me? Hmm. . .Would he wake up, if I said his actual name?

“Myungsoo,” I whispered and waited for him to open his eyes.

Nothing. He didn’t wake up. He just continued to sleep. Although, he loosened his grip and I was able to escape his grip. I got up from the couch and walked around the lodge. I walked toward the back porch and saw Sunhee talking to JB.

“I hate it! She always gets the attention from him. Why!?! I’m closer to his family than her. Why can’t I get the same attention from Myungsoo,” said Sunhee as she threw a rock.

“Well, you’re annoying and-”

“Shut up, JB. I didn’t ask you.”

JB scoffed and glanced at Sunhee before looking back onto the ground.

“I have to get rid of her somehow and you’re going to help me.”

“Will you stop? Haven’t you figured out that L won’t stop on chasing after her even if you try to get rid of her? You saw it yesterday, didn’t you? Naeun is important like L. They are both beyond your level. Why can’t you see that?”

“Stop! Don’t compare her with Myungsoo! She is always in the picture. I just want her to disappear or hang out with you! I want time with Myungsoo. Just once, I want to see him smiling at me like he genuinely does to her. I always receive that annoyed expression from him.”

Sunhee started to cry. She embraced herself and hid her face from JB. JB embraced her and sighed.

“Sunhee, you can’t have everything in life. Also, even though you can’t have those feelings from him, aren’t there people that like you? I mean like me, for instance.”

“I love him! I want him! Not some guy,” mumbled Sunhee.

“Do you love him for his looks and money or do you love him for his personality. Honestly, he doesn’t really open his feelings to anyone except Naeun.”

“She is always beside him!” whined Sunhee.

“You’re blinded by one sided love. Can’t you notice me for once!?!”

Sunhee stopped whining and turned around to face JB.

“You-”

“Yes. I love you but you’re blind because you love L. You’re blinded by you’re one sided love to even notice me. There’s no use to talking about it any longer.”

JB walked away as Sunhee chased after him.

“Wait! JB!”

I watched their friendship crumble as it broke my heart. I didn’t think that Sunhee was trying that hard just to catch L’s attention. This vacation wasn’t turning out what I wanted it to be. There was no use staying here if I keep hurting others. I wrote a note on the table that I was leaving and left the lodge.

****

Myungsoo woke up around eleven in the morning and saw that Naeun was no longer sleeping on his lap. He walked around the lodge and tried to look for her. He started to panic because he couldn’t find her bag. He walked around the rooms until he stopped by the dining room. Walking toward the table, he saw a note.

L,

By the time you read this note,

I already left the campsite and went back to the hotel.

I’m going back to Korea.

-S.N.

Myungsoo’s eyes widened as he took his bag and walked down toward the center. He asked if he could use the telephone because there was no signal if he used his phone and dialed the closest Pennsylvania cab.

“Hello! Get over to campsite D of Camelback Mountains. Make it quick!” demanded Myungsoo as he hanged up.

What the heck is she thinking!?! Why the hell does want to leave me all of the sudden? Wasn’t she happy with me?

He was confused, frustrated and angry about this as he climbed the cab a few minutes. The cab took him back to New York and he paid the taxi driver the amount he needed. He ran into the hotel room and ran the 13 flights of stairs. When he reached his room, the only bags that were left in the room was his. 


I'm so sorry if this was short >.>
School is starting and too much homework now TT
I can update faster if I write less but there will be a lot more chapters.
orz I want to finish this story first because I started
Scarlet Letters
YAY!  Yeah but that won't update until I finish this first ^^" orz.
ALSO! OMG! SO MUCH PINKFINITE ON RUNNING MAN! 
I want to watch but I can't TT because of homework.
anyways enjoy o/
Also, I changed the main antagonist from Jiyeon to Sunhee
because of my friend. She is a huge fan of Jiyeon.
I wanted to use Jiyeon because she fits with JB D= but apparently
I lost a friend because I used Jiyeon so I changed it Sunhee. 
Anyways! I'm so so so sorry for not updating for so long TT

OH OH
I have passed 80 subscribers! OMG! THAT IS THE FIRST TIME!
TT THANK YOU SO MUCH READERS!
I still haven't fixed my grammical errors because I've been lazy ^^"""
Sorry TT
Anyways subscribe or comment o/