Chapter 20: Annoying One Another

Fated Promise

Myungsoo’s POV

You’ve got to be kidding me. The girl that I always avoided and wanted to avoid owns this hotel!?! My huge nightmare has become real. The worst part is that Naeun is here to witness this. Are you kidding me? I mean, seriously, I just realized that I have to deal with this girl and Naeun.

I pushed her away from me because I hated creating a scene. She was annoying me. I looked up and saw Naeun was sitting by the couch. Mianhae, Naeun. Just stay there for a few minutes. I will be there shortly.

“Myungsoo oppa~ Why are you so mean to me?” pouted Sunhee.

I didn’t answer as I walked toward Naeun with my luggage. Suddenly, Sunhee stopped in front of me once again. Are you kidding me? Move! I gave her a cold and looked at her.

“What?” I finally spoke to her.

“Oppa, who is that girl? You haven’t introduced me to her,” said Sunhee.

“Go ask her yourself,” I said while giving a scoff.

“But she has that aura that doesn’t want people to go near her.”

“Well, too bad then.”

I walked passed her and then walked toward Naeun. When I neared her, I saw she held a sketchbook and was drawing. I stopped in front of her and saw her close the sketchbook like she didn’t want anyone to see it. She looked up at me and gave me the same emotionless look.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you got the room keys already?” I said, exploding my anger at her.

“I’m sorry, you were talking to someone. I am not rude, like you. I rather wait for your conversation to finish than interrupt it,” sneered Naeun.

“Just give me the key,” I growled.

“Fine!”

Naeun was so furious at me that she threw the card at me and told the bellboy that she won’t need his help on carrying her luggage. She then opened the elevator and went to the room without. I looked at the card and gave a sigh. I walked toward the elevator and told the bellboy that I wouldn’t need help with my luggage as well.

When I got inside the elevator, I realized that I didn’t know my room or the floor. Aish! I shouldn’t have angered her! I was about to get out the elevator but then the door closed. I got off at the fifth floor and stood in front of the elevator like I was lost. I took out my phone and started to call Naeun.

“Yeobseyo?” said Naeun.

“Where is our room?” I said.

“Oh? You don’t know? Sorry, but I don’t know who you are,” said Naeun. Oh, you’re teasing me, now. Very funny....

“This isn’t funny, Naeun. Tell me the room number,” I said, firmly.

“Why should I? You’ve been cranky the whole time we are here. You can find it yourself since you have the front office,” said Naeun.

“But that’s on the first floor! I’m at the fifth floor!”

“Too bad, so sad but I don’t care,” said Naeun as she hanged up on me.

I looked at my phone and saw it was at the front screen. You’ve got to be kidding me? Is she that angry at me? Well, I’m mad at her too the!

I didn’t feel like going on the elevator as I carried my luggage down to the first floor. I walked toward the front desk and tried to act like a gentleman.

“Hello sir-”

“I’m very sorry to interrupt but what is my room number? My name is Kim Myungsoo,” I said with a slight tone of anger.

“Oh you’re on the 13th floor and room 1303,” said the guide. That’s my birthday! The heck! She could have said the digits were my birthday! Aish, Naeun.

I looked at the elevator and saw Sunhee waiting at the elevator. There was no way I would want to talk to her. I took my luggage and ran toward the stairs. There was no way I would want to speak to Sunhee for the second time tonight.

I walked up the stairs with my heavy luggage until I got to the 13th floor. I sat on the stairwell because I was tired. You’ll pay, Naeun. Just watch for it tomorrow. I walked around the 13th floor until I found my room. I took out my card and walked into the room. I was going to yell at Naeun but she was already sleeping. I gave a sigh and joined her for the night.

Naeun’s POV

I woke up when a few rays of sunlight hit my bed. When I woke up, I saw L sleeping beside me with the same clothes from yesterday.  So he did take my advice....Poor him but I caused it so oh well. It was weird. I wasn’t screaming when I realized he slept beside me. I guess I was already used to his presence?

Anyways, I walked into the bathroom and changed for my attire for today. I heard a knock on the door and opened it slightly. There stood the chauffeur from yesterday, holding a GPS.

“Hello, Miss, are you both ready for today?” asked the chauffeur.

“Annyeong, I don’t think we’re ready since L is still sleeping,” I said with sigh.

“What? He should be awake about right now since the schedule says that you two should be eating breakfast now.”

I looked at L who was still sleeping. I felt bad for making him run up and down the stairs last night. I then turned to the chauffeur and spoke English since I could speak it well.

“He needs sleep. We’ll behind schedule so we’ll eat breakfast somewhere else. Anyways what do you have planned for us?” I asked.

“Well, you are going to tour New York City for today. Then tonight, you two will have a fancy dinner at Madison Garden,” said the chauffeur as he was surprised that I could speak English.

“We’ll just take the subway.”

“Wait, you don’t have passes for it.”

“I think paying in dollars and credit card is fine for us.”

He gave a sigh and took out two subway passes.

“Here, these are bus and subway passes prepared by Mistress Kim and this map will guide you around New York,” said the chauffeur.

I took it from him and gave a smile. Before I could say thank you, he already left. When I was about to close the door, Park Sunhee stopped me.

“Excuse me! Don’t close the door in front of the daughter of the hotel owner!” yelled Sunhee as she tried to push the door open.

“Well, this is an invasion of privacy and your prince is currently sleeping so see you later,” I said and closed the door.

I turned toward L and saw he was already awake.

“I hate you,” he said while rubbing his eyes.

“Morning jerk,” I said as I placed the card and map on the table.

“Whatever, anyways who was at the door?” he asked.

“Your soon to be wife,” I said.

“Don’t joke with me. She will never be my wife and I rather die alone.”

“That’s nice to hear,” I said, not caring.

“Anyways, let me change and then we escape this prison,” he muttered and walked into the bathroom.

After ten minutes, he changed into something casual and took his camera. He looked like a photographer and I was his assistant.

“Ready?” he asked.

“I’ve been ready,” I said.

I took my bag and placed the passes into my bag. Taking the map, we walked down the stairs instead of taking the elevator.

When we got the lobby, Myungsoo took my hand and ran toward the entrance.

“Why are we-”

“I don’t want her to ruin this vacation and we’re not eating breakfast here. Let’s just get out of here,” he said.

We left the hotel and walked toward the nearest subway station.

“L, did you know that Mistress Kim planned on never coming?” I said while we waited for the subway.

“I figured she planned this and never planned on coming since I didn’t see her at the airport. There was something suspicious was going on since that time. I knew I was going to end up staying with you this summer.”

“Oh....Did she plan Sunhee to be here also?”

“I don’t know but let’s not talk about her since this is our summer vacation. This is our last vacation before we come 3rd years and start studying for our college exams and making our résumés. We will probably go to different colleges anyway,” said Myungsoo.

I gave a sigh as I didn’t notice that I still held his hand. We walked into the subway and started to examine the map. Our first designation was to go to Times Square.

****

Sunhee sat at the lobby of the hotel. She was trying to figure out the girl that closed the door in front of her face. She was furious because the girl kept hanging out with her husband. She couldn’t go close to him because of her. She tried to figure a way to get rid of the girl so she could hang out with Myungsoo for one day. She walked toward the lobby and asked for the schedule of Kim Myungsoo and the girl.

She gave a smile as she made a copy for herself so that she could follow her Myungsoo. Don’t worry, Myungsoo. You won’t spend that much time with that girl. That way you will feel better. She then started to change Naeun’s schedule also so that she would spend more time with Myungsoo.

While Sunhee was editing Naeun’s schedule, Naeun and Myungsoo were having fun in Manhattan, New York. They ate food at a pay-what-you-think-the-meal is worth restaurant. Myungsoo gave what the meal was worth by his taste while Naeun was actually calculating how much the ingredients were to make the sandwich. It annoyed Myungsoo so he paid for both of their meals and left the restaurant. Next, they went around Central Park because Myungsoo wanted to take pictures. She watched him take pictures of the playground and people taking horse carriage rides. When he was done, he walked back toward Naeun.

“There still something about these pictures,” he said.

“What is it?” asked Naeun.

He walked with Naeun around the park and saw a great position of the rock standing at the middle and gave a smile. He took Naeun’s hand and started to pull her.

“L, what are you doing?” said Naeun.

“Just follow my lead.”

He led her toward the rock.

“Why are we here?” asked Naeun.

“Climb it.”

“What?”

“Trust me, now climb the rock.”

Naeun looked at the rock and gave a sigh as she started to climb it. Myungsoo gave her support toward the rock so that she wouldn’t fall. When Naeun got on the top, she sat with her crossed. Myungsoo backed away from the rock and started taking pictures of Naeun. He knelt down and started to do a photographer pose as he took pictures of her.

“Yah! Are you done taking pictures?” shouted Naeun because felt like people were staring at her.

Myungsoo one last picture and pressed the display button. He gave a smile at the photo and gave an okay sign. He walked toward the rock and helped Naeun get off the rock. Naeun slipped and Myungsoo caught her in time, without damaging his camera.

“Are you okay?” asked Myungsoo.

“Yeah, thanks,” said Naeun as she tried not to look at Myungsoo’s face.

If she looked at Myungsoo’s face, she probably would have blushed. She pushed him away gently and walked on the sidewalk. Myungsoo walked beside Naeun as they continued with their day around New York. As the day continued, it was finally dark and they ended up near M&M world and the Hersey store.

“L, what store do you want to go to?” asked Naeun.

“I don’t know, whatever you like,” said Myungsoo.

“Let’s go to Hersey first and then M&M,” smiled Naeun.

Myungsoo nodded and walked with Naeun to the Hersey store. He watched her buy chocolate and some sweets like sweethearts and jolly ranchers. He then waited with her in line. When they got to the cash register, Naeun was about to take her wallet but Myungsoo paid for her once again. When they left the store, Naeun was angry that she didn’t pay for what she bought.

“Yah! Why do you keep paying for me? I mean, you always pay for me. I need to learn to pay for myself,” said Naeun as she gave a pout for the first time.

“I can’t do that. I was raised like a gentleman and also you take long and I had my wallet out already before you,” said Myungsoo.

He laughed at Naeun’s pout and pinched her cheeks. Naeun pushed Myungsoo away from her and gave a glare.

“What was that for!?!”

“You were pouting and it was cute so I pinched your cheeks,” smirked Myungsoo.

“Don’t pinch my cheeks!”

“I won’t pinch it if you don’t pout again,” said Myungsoo.

He stuck out his tongue as they walked toward M&M world. At M&M world, Naeun watched Myungsoo walk around the place. He then saw a pencil case and it was good for her. He gave a smile and walked toward the nearest cash register. Naeun didn’t understand what Myungsoo was doing as she waited for him at the back of the line. When he was done, he walked toward Naeun.

“Let’s go home,” he said as he held onto Naeun’s hand once again.

“What did you buy?”

“I’ll show you later,” he said as they walked back toward the hotel.

When they got to the hotel, Naeun tried to pry Myungsoo’s hand away from her but he kept holding onto her.

“Let go,” whined Naeun.

“No.”

“Wae?”

“I don’t want to.”

“Let go, you’re hurting me,” lied Naeun.

You’re horrible at lying. Myungsoo chuckled as they reached the elevator. They both walked inside of the elevator and pressed the 13 button. Myungsoo then let Naeun’s hand go.

“What was that for?” said Naeun as she rubbed her hand, still trying to pretend it hurt.

“I didn’t want people to know I was single or else they will come after me or even worse, Sunhee,” said Myungsoo.

“You’re so weird. If you don’t like Sunhee then tell her,” said Naeun.

“She’s persistent and stubborn. Even though I say no, she still will cling onto me,” said Myungsoo.

Naeun wasn’t paying attention as she held onto her Infinite necklace. She plays with it while she stares off into space. Myungsoo looked at her and saw the Infinite necklace he bought for her. He gave a smile that she kept it. He then waved a hand in front of her.

“Hello, Naeun has left her soul,” joked Myungsoo.

“Shut it, I was thinking,” said Naeun as she looked at him.

“About what?” asked Myungsoo as he tilted his head.

“About Sunhee. If she is persistent then there is a chance she already knows our schedule here in New York. If she knows about it, she probably altered it to make it seem you have a different schedule than me.”

“You’re thinking too much,” said Myungsoo.

“You never know,” said Naeun.

"Anyways, you still have the necklace, I see."

"Yeah, I wear it because I like it."

"Well that's good then, right?" nodded Myungsoo.

"I guess so," smiled Naeun.

The elevator opened for their floor and they walked toward their room. Once they got to their room, they changed into their sleeping attires and went to sleep together. It was funny because today these two barely bickered and got annoyed with each other, maybe getting closer.
 

****

The next day, Naeun was delivered two schedules. She took the schedule and looked at the one with her name. When comparing it with Myungsoo’s, she already started to dislike it.


YES! I finished two chapters in two days!
XD I feel like that's an accomplishment right there XD =3
Anyways enjoy. o/
Subscribe, comment or both.
I'm writing another myungeun story =3
Sneak peak:
CLICK HERE