Chapter 9: Invasion of the Enemy's Residence

Fated Promise

Myungsoo’s POV

I stood there like an idiot as I watched Naeun cry and talk to her dead mother. I didn’t know what to do because this all happens of the sudden. The way I usually saw her was a strong cold hearted girl that only cared about work, her friends, and her mother. She despised me and sees me as a soulless person. I don’t know about right now but the Naeun I usually saw wasn’t here. Right now, the Naeun I’m looking at is a girl whose heart had been shattered into pieces.

She knelt down and held onto her mother’s hand as she cried and cried. Agh, stop crying! I want you to stop! I thought you were stronger than that. My situation right now is stopping Naeun from crying and trying to make her leave this room. This is room was probably causing a lot heartache to her because it basically had all the presents that Naeun gave to her mother.

As she finally finished crying, she drifted to sleep. I don’t know how she did but she is resting her head on her mother’s bed while sitting. I find that uncomfortable but I needed to act fast. I approached the sleeping girl and there stood the nurse.

“So she didn’t make it didn’t she?” said the nurse as she tidied the presents.

“What are you going to do with those?” I asked watching the nurse take all of the presents.

“I’m going to give these presents to the chairman of the camera company. Also, I think it’s a good idea to move her before the chairman comes. I don’t think the daughter of the chairman would like to see him in person right after the mother died. It will only cause more drama and it’s late here,” said the nurse as she left the room.

Great, now Mr. Son is coming here and his daughter sleeping. Argh, Myungsoo think of something. Um, where does she live? You don’t know where she lives. Make her stay at a hotel for today? Nope, umma will shout at me for wasting money. Also, I skipped work today. There’s Abeoji yelling and hitting me again. Argh that only leaves me with one choice and it’s my house....No! Agh, but I promised. Agh! I’ll sacrifice my pride and let her sleep in one of the complexes of the mansion. But first, I need to call my dad’s manager.

After deciding the house was the best and only choice, I took my phone and called my dad’s manager. He wasn’t happy that I needed to take a girl home, especially, a girl that I hate.

“You’re kidding right? Mr. Kim will not be happy about this especially when today you were supposed to work on the company’s prized projects that were due today,” said my dad’s manager.

“I know! I know, I was supposed to work on those but something urgent came up in school. Also, her mother is died today, I need to talk to umma. Can you please call her?” I said as I tried to keep calm.

“Hello, Myungsoo? Where have you been? Why haven’t you come yet? Your father is angry with you today. I’m trying to hold back his anger so he won’t hurt you when you come back home. What’s wrong?” said my umma.

My umma was the sweetest out of all the Kims. She knew how to calm my dad and me down and how to actually take care of us. I may be the only child of the family but my mom also could work in the company. My dad doesn’t like it when my mom works because he never liked her being stressed. She was always there to lessen the pain between the relationship of my father and me. If she was gone too, I would have lost it like how Naeun is right now. Even though I get angry with my father, I never seem to get angry with my mother. She was basically the angel of the family. I wonder why my dad chose my mother. Was it because of her personality? If it was, I would definitely like a girlfriend like my mother’s personality.

“Umma, I um actually at the hospital...you know the girl that I always ran about right?”

“Why are you at such a place? Is she hurt? Are you with her right now?” my mother started to worry.

“Umma! Calm down! She’s fine. Well, not really. Her mother passed tonight and I was wondering if she could stay tonight. She’s currently sleeping next to her mother but I need to take her out of here since her mother is um...yeah...dead....”

That was a horrible explanation. Usually, I sounded better at persuading but tonight, I was out of it. It was probably because I felt guilty for never answering her mother that day. Also, I felt guilty for something else. Ugh, I don’t know what why though.

“Ah, that’s fine. I will ask the maids to prepare her night gown tonight. She is sleeping right now?”

“Jinja!?! She can stay. Thanks, umma. I always can count on you.”

“There is still a problem. I have to tell your father about this sudden surprise.”

“Abeoji will probably say the usual but then again he probably would let it pass because she is the girl that keeps beating me in rankings,” I said, giving a small sigh.

“Arraso, I’ll tell your appa. Also, I sent his manager to get you and Son Naeun.”

After that last note, my mother hanged up the phone and I turned to the sleeping Naeun. How much pain does she have to put up with? Aish, Myungsoo you’re becoming soft toward her. Stop being that way, she calls you a soulless jerk. I walked toward her and slowly pried her hand off her mother’s hand. After her mother’s hand was free, I slowly carried Naeun outside of the room. I turned to her mother one last time and gave a sigh.

Did you plan to die this early? Why didn’t you give me enough time to think your favor through? Am, I going to be stuck with her? What if I break my promise? These are all the things I wanted to talk to you about. The worst part was I was planning to visit you today after school. Why did you leave, Son Eunmi sshi? This was too early.

These thoughts kept running through my head as I left the room and walked toward the elevator. When I got outside the elevator, I saw my dad’s manager standing by the waiting area, waiting for me.

“Took you long enough,” he scoffed.

“I was carrying a sleeping girl. What do you expect? Do you think I would walk quickly? I would have woken her up. Also, I did tell you that this girl would highly have punched me in the face if she saw me carrying her,” I said gritting my teeth.

He chuckled at the last part of my sentence.

“It’s true. That’s how much she hates me,” I whispered because I wanted her to sleep.

He took my things and Naeun’s things to the car and helped me place her carefully in the car.

In the passenger seat, I sat next to Naeun and placed her head on my shoulder. Even though I hated it what was happening right now, I told myself that this would never happen again and that I would never ever would see Naeun sleeping on my shoulder again. I plan to make it a onetime event. My dad’s manager drove us home. I kept watching the lampposts and the lights of the city but then I got bored and tired. Soon, I fell asleep, not realizing that I fell asleep leaning toward Naeun.

 


 

“Myungsoo...” said a voice.

“Give me five minutes,” I mumbled.

Someone flicked me in the forehead and I opened my eyes in an instant. I glared at my dad’s manager as he explained that we were already here. I gave a sigh as he helped me carry Naeun out of the car. I was surprised that she was still asleep. Maybe she was really that tired but I could see why because of all those odd jobs she does in order to get paid.

My dad’s manager opened the door for me as the first person I saw to greet me was my mother.

“Myungsoo, is it this girl?” asked my mother.

I nodded and watched my mother inspect her like she was a lifeless doll. I looked at my mom and jerked my head to showing me the room she was staying at.

“Mianhae, child,” she said as she guided me to a guest room.

I never have been to this guest room before. It was very to the guest rooms that most of my father’s colleges would use. They usually used like a business like guest room when they were a close “friend” of my dad. This room was different. It felt like a guest room for an average traveler. It was beautifully decorated because it was black. I set Naeun on the bed and looked at my mom.

“I’m going to take a shower mom,” I said as I walked out of the room, not wanting to tell my mom what happened today.

I just wanted to leave this room and also Naeun. I had enough of her for one day. This day was just a hectic day for me.

After I took a shower and got dress in black shirt and sweat pants, I walked downstairs to check up on Naeun because I don’t know why.....I just want…..When I reached downstairs, I saw my father standing in front of me. Oh great, he looks angry.

“So I heard you were with Son Naeun instead of work today,” said my dad.

“Abeoji...I left school in the middle of the last class because of her. She left her bag and then I got into a tangled mess with her personal issue,” I said trying not to explain briefly what happened.

My father never loved long stories. He always wanted to cut to the chase.

“So you thought this girl was more important than your own family company, huh?”

“I said-”

“Don’t you dare make the girl the excuse! You have skipped two days of your work load! If you want to major in business and inherit my place in the company then act like one!” bellowed my dad.

I stood there showing no emotion because this often happened frequently. My father would yell at me for my flaws in my workload. Yes, I skipped two days apparently when I did work for two hours, yesterday.  But in his time, working for 2 hours was considered ‘skipping’ instead of working full time.

I watched my dad approach me and was about to hit me but my mother stopped in front of him. It was the first since the broken vase incident when I was 8 years old.

I remember horsing around with my friend Sungyeol, because we were kids back then, and we broke a vase that my dad had bought my mother. This vase just a regular vase because the vase was glass blown and they bought it on their honeymoon. Anyways, Sungyeol came over to play a video game with me. We were having fun with this video game, well; I was because I kept winning. Sungyeol was angry that he kept losing so he wanted to play another game. I said no and told him he was just being a sore loser. That ticked him off and we started to wrestle with each other. As we wrestled, we rolled and rolled closer to the vase. I escaped his grasp and saw a pillow next to me. I used the pillow and threw it at him. He dodged it but the pillow hit something else. It hit the vase and the vase shattered in front of our eyes.

My mother forgave me because of my wrong doing. She was sad and disappointed with the vase being broken but she held no grudge. Abeoji, in the other hand, hit me. He said that it was stupid mistake I did. He also said that I knew that horsing around was a violation in the house. I talked back at him when he said that Sungyeol was an idiot friend to hang with. With my anger, I talked back to Abeoji. He hit me again and I was grounded for a month after that.

Anyways, my mother blocked me and took my side. She was trying to defend me because she didn’t want me to get hit.

“Move,” said my dad with a threatening voice.

“No! Don’t hit him. All he has been doing is helping that poor girl. She already lost a mother and also yesterday he was guiding her to the family company building so that they could have a quiet place to work on their project. I think hitting your son for doing good deeds is wrong,” said my mother.

“My son? I rather disown him. He is nothing but a failure. Do you see him first all the rankings? No! You see him second tied with stupid kid. Even Sungyeol is probably beating him in grades. That’s why he placed in a different class with him. I rather have the girl that you just brought in this house, as a daughter. She might be able to keep up with her work and still keep the first ranking in the school,” said my father.

My mother watched my father is horror. I was basically angry because my dad was probably letting out his anger on my mother instead of me.

“That’s not why we had a child. We both vowed to have a child so that we could raise him to be a gentleman. You’re not teaching him those values! All you’re teaching him are work ethics. Doesn’t he already have enough of those work ethics?”

“I’m the only one who is basically running the business! If I died right now then both of you would be out in the streets!”

“Stop it! Your work is the cause of these stupid arguments! Can’t you see you need a vacation? Why didn’t you take a vacation? Your son is being burdened by your work. I don’t want him to become…”

My mother stopped midway because she didn’t want to continue. She didn’t want to insult my father as much as my father was insulting us. I didn’t even know where this argument was going so I walked into the guest room where Naeun is sleeping.

There, I saw her sleep peacefully. She was wearing a night gown that my mom probably found. I gave a sigh and wanted to cover her ears from what my father and mother was arguing about.

“Ha, if you saw this, then you would see how pathetic I am,” I whispered to her.

I could hear them arguing still and gave a sigh. I glanced at her as she moved and shifted.

“Umma...Umma...don’t leave me,” she said as she rocked back and forth.

I watched her struggle as I tried to lay her down because I don’t want her fall off the bed and also sleep walk. If she knew how to sleep walk, that would a problem. She still kept struggling and I didn’t understand why.

“Umma...” she said.

Aish, what do you want!?! You’re not being forward here! Even in her sleep, she still annoys the heck out of me.

I watch her roll toward me. She started to hold onto the hem of my shirt and slowly reaching for me hand. Are you really asleep or you are toying with me!?! I tried to push her away from her as she reached for my hand and then stopped moving.

“What the heck just happened?” I whispered as she stopped fidgeting and moving.

As she held my hand, she looked calm and solemn. I watched her sleep as she held my hand.

Fine...I’m staying here for a few minutes. I thought as I watch her sleep. I slowly tried to move my hand away but she held onto it tighter.

Aish, this damn brat thinks I’m her mother! I couldn’t leave because she probably would wave up so I slowly drifted to sleep next to her. The funny thing is that my parents stopped arguing for a while and I still couldn’t sleep.

Agh, this is going to be a long night....

 

Naeun’s POV

*is sleeping* 

****

Myungsoo finally drifted to sleep after two hours of trying to give her a lot of spaced as much as possible. It was troublesome because Naeun held his hand but he managed to make a huge gap between them. Since both of them move a lot in their sleep, Myungsoo’s efforts were hopeless. In their sleep, they ended up sleeping face to with each other with Naeun still kept hold onto Myungsoo’s hand.

When it was finally morning, Naeun started to move. She snuggled close to Myungsoo until she realized something was wrong about her bed. She opened her eyes and realized someone next to her and on her bed. She realized that she was next to Myungsoo. She immediately let go of Myungsoo’s hand and screamed.

Myungsoo woke up and fell off the bed right after Naeun’s scream.

“WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT FOR BRAT!?!” yelled Myungsoo as his sleepiness made him grumpy in the mornings.

“WHERE THE HECK AM I!?! WHY AM I HERE!?! YOU BETTER EXPLAIN THIS RIGHT NOW! WHY WERE YOU SLEEPING NEXT TO ME YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!” yelled Naeun as she started to throw things at Myungsoo.  

Myungsoo didn’t want to deal with situation in the morning as he took one of the pillows that Naeun threw at him and went back to sleep on the floor. Naeun, in the other hand, stayed on her bed and tried figure out how she ended up at Myungsoo’s house. 

 


OMG! PINKFINITE FEELS!
APINK HAS MOVED TO THE SAME COMPLEX AS INFINITE!
THE FAMILY IS BACK!
YES! SO THAT MEANS  PINKFINITE EXISTS!
WOORONG <3 and MYUNGEUN <3 FOREVER! XD
Right! I got a poster from ZahraAlvirahma_Kpop, owner of the GWIYOMI graphics, layout, trailer shop. 

Also there is a typo TT my username is bbvip4ever15 not bbvip4ever <----there is already someone that has that username TT
Anyways did you like my chapter? =3
Comment or Subscribe or both <3 ^^