Chapter 13: The Fall Equinox Ball

Fated Promise

Myungsoo’s POV

Ever since Naeun rode to school with me, I’ve been nonstop surrounded by girls and girls everywhere. It was driving me mad because I usually didn’t have this much girls surrounding me. What’s even worse is that today my teacher decided to give me another project with Naeun. The tension in the classroom was great when Naeun and I worked. Almost all the girls were glaring at Naeun while she was working with me. When class finally ended, Naeun left with Bomi while I was surrounded by girls. I ignored them but this too many girls to ignore especially when they were all so close to me. Where is Sungyeol when I need him?

“L oppa, you don’t like her right?” said one girl.

“Yeah, she doesn’t even fit your ideal type,” said another girl.

“Also,  L oppa is so much better than her-”

“Ladies! You forgot that Myungsoo here doesn’t like a girl. Also, his ideal girl hasn’t arrived yet. I can assure it’s not Son Naeun,” chuckled Sungyeol as he passed through the crowd of girls and guided me to the lunch room.

“So that’s where you were. Bomi told me about the huge tension in the class because of this morning,” said Sungyeol.

“Yeah, it’s all because of Naeun, I got into this mess,” I said.

“Actually, Naeun’s admirers have double since that incident happened this morning. I was walking down to the lunch and I saw Naeun’s table is filled with letters and admiration letters. Poor Naeun,” said Sungyeol as he shook his head.

“Whatever, I don’t care. I’m not in the mood right now,” I said, giving a small sigh.

When I walked into the lunch room, I realized the gap between Apink and our table. Infinite approached me and started to ask questions.

“What happened this morning?” said Sunggyu as he pointed to his phone.

“So they finally posted that incident with that brat and I, huh?”

“Myungsoo, you have a lot of explaining to do,” said Woohyun, “Chorong is worried about Naeun and her situation right now. Today, she had to pull Naeun because her admirers kept asking Naeun questions about you.”

“Why does it concern you?” I asked to Woohyun.

“You haven’t been acting yourself lately Myungsoo. When was the last time you called us? Even since you started working, you haven’t texted any of us except Sungyeol. We understand he is your best friend but what about us. All of us are like brothers,” answered Sunggyu.

He was right. Even since I started working at my dad’s company. I didn’t keep in touch with any of the members except Sungyeol. I was also so busy and sometimes I didn’t have time to answer my phone. Also during lunch, I don’t talk anymore. All I do is work and work. I’m becoming more and more like my father. This is not good.

“Look, we’re asking you to hang out with us. There is a dance two weeks from now. Didn’t you notice that? All of us have a particular girl to ask but how about you and Sungyeol? Did you forget about the school events around this place too?” asked Sunggyu.

“What dance?” I asked looking confused.

“The Fall Equinox Ball, only dates can get into the dance. You need to go with someone. Also, it’s weird though because it’s similar to a masquerade ball,” said Hoya.

“I have to ask someone?!? How!?! I don’t like anyone in this school,” I said.

“Well, you have to ask someone in order to get into that place. I already asked Eunji,” said Hoya.

“I asked Chorong,” said Woohyun.

“No duh!” yelled all the members at Woohyun.

“What, I was staying the obvious,” said Woohyun.

“You’re dating her....” said Dongwoo as he facepalmed himself.

The members chuckled and I laughed too. It’s been a while since I talked with the members.

“Who did you ask Dongwoo, Sunggyu hyung, Sungjong, and Sungyeol?” I asked.

“I asked Namjoo,” said Dongwoo.

“Yookyung,” said Sunggyu.

“Hayoung,” said Sungjong.

“No one yet,” said Sungyeol.

“Bwoh!?! You didn’t ask anyone yet? I thought you would ask Naeun,” said Hoya.

“Why would I ask Naeun?” said Sungyeol.

“You have a crush on her,” I asked.

“What are you talking about Myungsoo?”

“Don’t deny it! I asked you yesterday and you ran away after I asked if you had a crush on someone,” I said while looking at my phone.

“I don’t have a crush on her, okay.”

“Arasso, I still think you will ask her though,” I said.

While we were finished on our conversation, I glanced at Sungyeol and saw him staring at Naeun. I knew it. You like her.... I didn’t really care or so I thought. When I watched Naeun leave for the library, I made up an excuse to Infinite that I need to go to the library because I need to study for exams.

 

Naeun’s POV

Ugh, today’s morning classes were just annoying. Every girl kept staring at me and I had to do a class project with Myungsoo.  He never gave us a project for a month and now he gives us another project. I sat next to Myungsoo and started to talk to him. I knew there were many glares and whispers about me and my sudden incident this morning.

After finishing the project, the bell rang and I pulled Bomi outside of the room. I seriously did not want to be caught in the sea of L-spirits.

“Naeun, what is going on today? You and Myungsoo arrived together in the same car. That is just  a mind blowing incident! The incident spread like hay wire throughout everyone’s phone,” said Bomi.

“I know! It was just his parents were being so kind,” I said trying to keep the real story out.

“His parents know you!?!” yelled Bomi.

“SHHHH! BOMI KEEP IT DOWN!” I hissed while glaring at her.

“Oh sorry I didn’t know that you would know his parents.”

“They met me at some electronics convention that I attended,” I lied.

I did however go to an electronics convention because of my father’s manager. He gave me tickets and I went with my closest cousin Son Dongwoon.

When we walked toward the Apink table, all I saw was letters and piles of boxes.

“Are you kidding me? Why the table!?! How come it couldn’t be Naeun’s desk or something,” complained Bomi.

I looked at the letters and all of them were asking me to go if I could go with them to the Fall Equinox Ball.

“Oh, Naeun unnie is so popular! They are all asking you to go the Fall Equinox Ball!” squealed Namjoo.

“What Ball?” I asked because I didn’t understand what was going on.

“You didn’t hear? It’s a ball for only the people who are with dates can go to the ball. Also, it’s a masquerade ball. It’s beautiful. I was there as a singer because they needed singers. The guys and girls were all dancing beautiful. All the girls’ dresses were beautiful and their masks matched each other! Wah! It was the best experience ever! Anyways, there is a rule about the mask. You can never take it off because there is this superstition that you will have bad luck in love for 10 years,” said Eunji as she helped me throw the invitations into the trashcan. 

I was not in the mood of people asking me to go to some dance. Also, I don’t have any good dresses for this ball anyways. I would be stupid to waste my money on a dress when I know that I can’t afford any.

“So...Naeun, what happened this morning?” asked Eunji.

“What about this morning?” I asked trying to pretend I didn’t know what was going on.

“You and Myungsoo went to school together,” said Yookyung.

“About that, Bomi can explain,” I said, “because she already knows why I went to school with him, this morning.”

Bomi explained what happened why I was with Myungsoo while I was eating my lunch. I glanced at all of their faces and saw that they were surprised about Myungsoo’s parents knowing about me.

“OMG! That means Naeun is going to be probably the girl that his parents choses for Myungsoo even though Myungsoo doesn’t like her,” said Namjoo.

Everyone laughed at Namjoo comment while I facepalmed myself.

“There is no way that I would go out with that guy!” I said looking at Namjoo.

“Aww, anyways who asked you to the Fall Equinox Ball?” asked Namjoo.

“Oh! Hoya asked me to go as his best friend,” smiled Eunji.

“Of course,” said everyone.

“I know one right off the bat,” I said pointing my spoon to Chorong, “Chorong and Woohyun are going together.”

“No duh, they are the class cutest and loveliest couple!” squealed Hayoung.

Everyone laughed at Hayoung’s squeal and Chorong only blushed.

“Anyways, how about you guys, Bomi, Namjoo, Yookyung and Hayoung, who are you going with?” I asked.

 “I have no one,” said Bomi.

“Dongwoo oppa,” said Namjoo.

“Sungjong oppa,” said Hayoung.

“Sunggyu sshi,” said Yookyung.

“Interesting, wait Bomi you have no one?” I asked.

“Yeah, it seems like it’s either Myungsoo or Sungyeol,” chuckled Bomi.

I knew she sounded nervous because Sungyeol is rumored to like me. He constantly denies it but he is usually hanging out with me. I don’t believe he likes me either. Also, Myungsoo does not like Bomi. I remember the first day of school was not as good for Bomi. When she was trying to get Myungsoo’s attention, he only pushed her away. I feel really bad for Bomi. I hope she gets another guy that would like her.

Why did Myungsoo come into my mind? I thought I was trying to avoid him? Stop thinking about him, Naeun! Okay, I think I’ll go to the library again. After eating my lunch, I stood up and walked into the library. I needed to get him off my mind especially after today. When I was at the library, girls started to whisper behind my back. I heard one conversation that was very interesting and somewhat amusing. It was annoying and I was lazy to get up and yell at them so I just listened to their rumors.

“Isn’t that Son Naeun?” said girl number 1.

“Yeah, that’s her. She is really smart and very stoic. No girl could ever approach her and talk to her without feeling like an idiot. The only one who can approach her is Apink,” said girl number 2.

“I know Apink. They are skilled like Infinite but not as skilled as L,” said number 1.

They swooned after saying L’s name. I rolled my eyes as I was studying once again. I should change their names to L-spirit, girl number 1, and rumor spirit, girl number 2.

“Anyways, Son Naeun is the only one who can beat L,” said rumor spirit.

“Lately, I feel like Son Naeun is so much closer to L. Is there something going on between them? I thought they hate each other!” said L-spirit.

“I don’t know! Son Naeun and L sshi went to school together this morning! Agh, anyways let’s go to lunch because I heard that L is going to ask one of his L-spirits there. It was just a rumor but a lot of people believe it so let’s go,” said rumor spirit.

When they left, I felt relieved because I finally study. L asking one of his fans to the Fall Equinox Ball? That’s funny. Like he would something like that. I would actually surrender to him that day if I saw that happening. I walked into the shelves and tried to find a book that I needed to study.

When I came back, I saw another stupid invitation to the ball. I was about to throw it out and realized it was from the same person. He taped a small piece of wrapping paper that he uses for his gifts for me. I looked at the invitation and smiled brightly.

I opened the invitation enveloped and looked at the invitation. The invitation said:

Congratulations! You have been chosen by your prince.

If you want to go to the Fall Equinox Dance, all you need to do is signing at the bottom of this sheet. Your prince shall be sent this invitation to the student council. From there, your prince shall give you your ticket. Reminder: You are to wear a formal dress and a mask.

Sincerely,

The Student Council

If I replied and sent the envelope to the student council office by next week, I would go with my secret admirer that saved me in almost all my situations. There was a problem because I don’t know how to give him back my invitation.

Realizing that I don’t know how to give him my invitation, I went to my afternoon classes with a heavy heart.  

****

During lunch, Myungsoo walked into the library unseen by his fangirls. He didn’t understand why his L-spirits were being so fussy and annoying than usual. When he walked in, he saw Naeun sitting at one of the tables with her papers scattered. He took out an invitation, that he got from Sunggyu, and took out his letter/mission because he didn’t want Naeun realizes it was he was her secret “admirer”. He walked toward her table and placed the letter onto her desk. He left quickly as possible because he didn’t want to be noticed by Naeun. Hence, Naeun was talking about the letter during lunch. She left for afternoon classes while she stuffed her letter into her bag.

~After school and when Naeun finished work~

Naeun sat near her locker and couldn’t stop thinking about her letter. She was excited to go to the Fall Equinox Ball.

“What’s wrong with Naeun? She usually is never this happy,” said one of the workers.

“I know, she usually is grumpy or annoyed,” said the other worker.

Naeun ignored them and took her sweater. When she walked outside of the grocery store, she realized something was very important to her....SHE DOESN’T HAVE A DRESS OR A MASK! Naeun took out her invitation out again and gave a sigh.

“How am I going to go to the ball if I don’t have a dress or a mask? Aish, I have to use that money or I have to refuse!” muttered Naeun as she walked back to her apartment with a depressed look in her face.

When she got to her apartment, an unexpected guest waited by her front porch. He stood up and walked toward Naeun because he saw her in a bad mood again.

“Kim Myungsoo, why are you here,” said Naeun as she gave a sigh.

“I forgot one of my sweaters here. It costs a lot of money so I walked from work here. I waited for you,” said Myungsoo.

“That’s great,” said Naeun with a sarcastic tone.

She took out her keys and opened the door.

“What’s up with you, you don’t seem your usual emotionless state?” said Myungsoo as he walked in the apartment.

“Why would you care? Anyways, here get lost and leave my apartmentm” said Naeun as she walked into her room and threw Myungsoo’s sweater toward him.

Myungsoo caught his sweater and gave a sigh.

 “Why aren’t you leaving?” asked Naeun as she took out her homework.

“Because I’m desperate, I need your help,” said Myungsoo.

“Oh? Kim Myungsoo needs my help. I never heard that before," said Naeun as she sat down and started her homework.

He was also here to convince Naeun to go on a date with him. It wasn’t just a regular date. It was a date to get away from being forced into an arrange marriage with Park Sunhee’s father’s company. His father knew very well how good Park Sunhee’s family business of transportation. It was good if his company and Park Sunhee’s company worked together. He refused this offered and told his father that he was going on a date with someone. Hence, he waited by the front porch of Naeun’s apartment. He was desperate for her to be his fake date so that his father would believe him. He then thought of an idea.

“I heard you got an invitation to the Fall Equinox Ball. You don’t have a dress or a mask. Also, you can’t hide it from me that you can’t afford it. I can buy you a dress and mask if you help me,” said Myungsoo.

How did he know? He was in the library today?  Oh my gawd! He probably doesn’t know it was from my secret admirer. Naeun stopped what she was doing and turned toward Myungsoo. She obviously needed his help and he also needed her help.

“What do you need help with?” asked Naeun.

“I need you to go on a date with me,” said Myungsoo.

“What!?!” yelled Naeun.

“WAIT! LISTEN!” yelled Myungsoo.

He started to explain why he needed to go on a date with her. With that situation, Naeun and Myungsoo shook hands with each other and agreed to meet up during Saturday.

When Saturday came, Myungsoo waited by the water fountain inside the mall. He was wearing casual wear for a Saturday day but was dressed with a black sweater. He waited for Naeun. When Naeun finally came, she wore a black casual outfit with a black scarf covering her face. She also wore sunglasses because she didn’t want people to stare at her. When the two met up, the fake date started. 

 


OMG July 5th there was a Pinkfinite moment <3
Apink came back. Their album is so beautiful TT
I love their song, I Need You!
IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL!
Oh right I have an article stating about WGM and Myungeun ^^

http://socializing-is-for-squares.tumblr.com/post/54649060279/first-things-first-those-are-minhos-pants
IT was stated that ACUBE tried to request another boy company. It was from Woollim. They believe that it was 75% Myungsoo.
Also, Pinkfinite moments are always happening even though it's slight. Their comebacks keep overlapping is no longer a coincidence.
Also them living in the same apartment complex is not just a coincidence probably. I will believe it's fate when they move to the same apartment complex again.
Do they still have the same salon together?