Chapter 14: Fake Date

Fated Promise

Myungsoo’s POV

I sat by the water fountain and glanced at my surroundings. I had a feeling that Abeoji’s guards were watching me. I didn’t understand why he didn’t believe me. Then again, I did say that I was going on a date with someone but didn’t tell him the name. I sat there playing with my camera and taking pictures of random things because I was bored.

Where is this brat? She is taking so long! I held my camera and saw a girl standing at once place. I started to ask myself questions about who was this pretty girl as I took a picture. I took a picture of her and suddenly she started to approach me. I placed my camera into my bag and realized it was Naeun.

When she approached me, I saw her wearing a scarf and sunglasses. I thought she was crazy wearing such attire in the mall.

“Where have you been, brat?” I asked standing up from the bench and approached her.

“Sorry, I was trying to find hideous clothing for you because apparently you’re going on a date with me. I wanted to embarrass you in front of your father. I know that he has his guards spying on you,” smirked Naeun. Aish! You little brat….This wasn’t the plan! You were supposed to wear something nice that looks presentable that you are going out with me! You always look presentable why are you wearing this!?!

I gritted my teeth and glared at her. I sighed and then tried to smile at her.

“Naeun ah, you’re really funny. I think what you’re wearing is great,” I said with a slight sarcastic tone in my voice.

I really wanted to shoot myself because this wasn’t the date that I would imagined. I approached her and took off her sunglasses because it wasn’t needed. I also took off her scarf because it wasn’t needed either.

I glanced at her and saw her eyes. She looked tired. Is that why you were wearing sunglasses? You wanted to hide how tired you are? I didn’t know.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” said Naeun as she gave a glare at me.

I was getting annoyed because we were going nowhere to convince my father’s spies probably are watching us right now. I don’t understand why she is angry with me. I promised to buy a dress and a mask for her if she went on this date with me.

I cupped her face and looked into her eyes.

“Work with me! Do you want the dress or not?” I whispered.

She pushed me away and started to walk toward a store. Aish this woman! I don’t understand her at all. First she agrees to do this planned date with me and the next thing she does is trying to sabotage the planned date.

I ran after her because she was basically leading me when I was supposed to be leading her. This was not the date that I imagined. I grabbed her arm and pulled her toward me as she pushed me away.

What is this? This brat is giving me a headache. I was about to ruffle my hair in frustration.

“Good, now that you’re frustrated. I want you to tell how you got this,” said Naeun as she showed up a butterfly pin that I kept hidden from her since the beginning of the school year.

It’s been two months since I hid that pin and forgot that it was in my sweater. Crap my sweater! It must have fallen out when she went to retrieve my sweater.

I felt a flick on my forehead as I stopped myself from dazing out.

“Kim Myungsoo, you didn’t answer my question. Where did you find this pin? I found when I picked up your sweater. I didn’t noticed until yesterday because I was too busy preoccupied with your date plans. I will sabotage this date until you tell me why you had a possession of this,” threatened Naeun.

She was seriously driving me insane to the point that I didn’t know what to do. I had to make up a lie. Think Myungsoo, think! Aha!

“I never had a chance to give it back to you because I was busy. Also, why are you so angry at me just because you found this pin in my sweater?” I scoffed off, trying to play it cool.

She looked at me with a raised eyebrow and wanted her to stop looking at me like that. It was annoying me but also making me guilty. She gave a sigh and gave up as she placed the butterfly pin into her pocket.

“Now will you follow my lead for today?” I asked looking at her.

She gave a slight nod and I took her hand. I gave a sigh of relief because I finally got to make this date go as planned.

Taking her hand,  we went to the accessories store because I wanted to buy something good for her not just that pin I gave as a replacement present. It was annoying to see her have that butterfly pin again. Will she wear it more often than the flower pin I gave her? That was the question and worry that kept going through my head as we officially started the fate date.

 

Naeun’s POV

I went along with him but I was still furious that he never gave me my butterfly pin when we have classes together and also the fact he meets me a lot now. I don’t understand him at all. How long did he have that pin with him? Do you know how sad Sungyeol’s face was when he thought I lost that pin?!? It was horrible to see and you never told me that you had it!

He dragged me into the same accessories store. I didn’t understand why we were here again. I seriously didn’t need one. I already have a flower pin from my secret admirer and a butterfly pin that I finally got back. He dragged me toward the hats. He placed a cap that said Mr. Pabo pointing to him while he wore Ms. Pabo. It was cute but I seriously didn’t want to be here right now. While we were looking at the mirror, he took a selca with his camera.

“Yah! You better not be posting that anywhere!” I scoffed as I took off the hat and went toward the necklaces.

I found a really nice one that had Infinite’s symbol. I looked at the other necklaces if they had another Infinite necklace but it seemed that this was the last one. It was really pretty but there was no way that L would buy this for me. Suddenly, I heard a click of a camera and looked at him and frowned.

“Do you really want to take a picture that I’m looking at?” I said while looking at him with disappointed face.

“No, the way you looked the necklaces was a good pose so I took a picture of you. You don’t know this but I love photography. If I take pictures of you and your ugly poses then that will taint my camera,” he said with a plaster smile on his face.

I only gave an annoyed smile and walked off toward the cellphone charms. I found a good cellphone while L was too busy taking pictures. When I turned around, I saw L was distracted looking at a pair of sunglasses. Obviously, they were black.

I decided there was nothing good at the store so I walked out of the store and sat by the benches near the accessories store. I waited there for L but he took longer in the accessories store. While I was waiting for L, I glanced and spotted a couple on a date. I envy them because they like each other while I was bribed to do this. While I was staring at them, I felt someone was looking at me. I turned to the side and saw L’s face close to me.

“YAH! When did you? How long were you!?!” I yelled as I shoved him away from me.

“I was calling your name but I guess it didn’t work so I went close to your face until you noticed me. You have a lot of blemish a little on your forehead,” he said as he was pointing to the spot.

I didn’t glare at him and just smiled to make it seem I wasn’t annoyed. I don’t know what he is talking about. I barely had blemish because I washed and take care of my face every day! When he was looking at his phone deciding what to do next, I took my mirror out and tried to look at my face. What blemish? ARGH! I fell for it! KIM MYUNGSOO! I closed my mirror and placed it into my bag before he noticed that I was looking at myself. He then grabbed my hand and we went off to watch a movie.

I swear I am not going to another movie with Kim Myungsoo. While watching the movie, I glanced at Kim Myungsoo because I wanted to ask a question what was happening at a certain scene. When I turned toward him, he was sleeping. That just makes me angers me because I basically sat there bored watching the action movie. He was the one who even suggested it! When the movie was done, he woke up and I pretended that I didn’t notice he was sleeping.

“So what did you think about the movie?” he smiled as he was fooling people again.

“It was boring,” I said flat out emotionless.

That ended out conversation because to me it looked like he couldn’t ask why. If he asked why, he probably would have known my answer.

“So what’s next in your ‘planned’ date?” I asked to change the subject.

While we walking around the mall, I spotted the electronics store. This reminded me of Sungyeol for some reason. I gave a small smile and pulled Myungsoo into the electronics store.

“What the heck? Why are we going into this store?” asked Myungsoo.

“Just because I want to try out their video games,” I smiled.

He looked at like I was a weirdo. He showed a face of why-would-a-girl-like-me-like-video-games-when-I-had-no-television-in-my-apartment. I tried not to smile but I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Well Kim Myungsoo, you have forgotten that I am a daughter of Electronics company owner. He may mostly have his hands on photography products but he also a section in his Company for electronics. Even though I don’t live with him anymore, I still remembered playing games with my umma,” I said with a smile.

“Didn’t think you would have interest in technology though because you walk everywhere. Also, you don’t even use the computer,” he said while he was looking at the tablets.

“I have a cellphone, idiot! Also, I don’t use busses because they cost money even if I have a bus pass. I have to pay everything out of my own pocket. You have no idea how my life is because you never been in this situation,” I said.

“Relax, dammit. Yeah, you have a cellphone but you probably forget that you have one. Also, you probably just use it to call your friends,” said L with a smirk.

He didn’t understand my life. I was so angry that I kicked him as hard I can and walked off.

“Dammit! Come back here brat! You forgot that this date isn’t over until I take you back to your house. Also, you still need me because you want to buy a dress and a mask for the ball,” hissed L as he walked toward me.

I glanced at him and stuck my tongue out because he was somewhat limping. It was actually funny because I never thought that I had the guts to kick him. He glared at me as he tried to walk normally without limping. When he felt better, he started to chase after me. I walked faster while they were playing the music the Chaser over the radio. It was annoying that I was trying to avoid being caught from L. Then again, it was my fault to make him that angry.

After playing get away from L around the electronics store, I found he disappeared. I started to walk out slowly to see if the coast was clear. As I was walking toward the entrance, I felt someone wrapping their hands around my waist.

“I caught you,” he whispered into my ear. Crap...I got caught....

I tried to squirm out of his grasp as he dragged me to another store. Ugh, how many stores we have to go? I can’t buy anything. Also, I thought the girl was supposed to be the one who buy…I don’t understand this guy. Giving a sigh, I had no choice but to follow him.

****

Myungsoo and Naeun spent most of their afternoon in the mall but didn’t buy anything. All they did was bicker and annoy each other. Myungsoo couldn’t stand Naeun’s personality and the way she didn’t ask him to buy anything during the date. Naeun, in the other hand, didn’t want to buy anything. She believed that Myungsoo would make her pay for what she bought. It was understandable because they both didn’t understand each other.

What made it more interesting was his father’s manager was the one who was supervising the date. He found Myungsoo and Naeun amusing even though he knew it was a fake date. Although he knew it was fake, he told Myungsoo’s father it was a real date. He was there since Myungsoo waited for Naeun. He found them to be a hilarious couple because of their constant bickering. He believed that they would make a perfect married couple. (Oh how I wish they were on WGM TT)

As the ‘couple’ walked around the mall, Naeun started to feel a little hungry. She didn’t tell Myungsoo because she was used to starving herself until break. Suddenly, Naeun’s stomach growled and it made Myungsoo flinch. He turned to Naeun and glared at her.

“Did you just growl at me?” he said.

“Aniyo! What the heck are you thinking? I didn’t growl at you. I’m not a dog!” said Naeun. It was actually my stomach. I’m hungry but I am not telling you. I would die if I told you that I was hungry. You will probably tease me.

“Then what was that?” he asked still not convinced at Naeun.

“It was my cellphone. I put it on vibrate, idiot,” said Naeun with an emotionless face.

He turned around and walked on while dragging her. Suddenly, he heard the growl again.

“I swear Naeun stop using your phone and pay attention only to this date!” yelled Myungsoo.

He turned around and saw Naeun clutching onto her stomach. He finally realized that Naeun was hungry. He dragged her to the food court and told her to find a place for them. He watched Naeun pick a spot by a tree and then waited in line to buy food.

It was finally his turn to buy food and he bought fried rice and meat with broccoli. As he walked back to where Naeun was, he spotted Chorong and Woohyun sitting and eating. While he was passing by, he heard their conversation.

“Chorong, what’s wrong? You always seem happy but what are you thinking about?” asked Woohyun.

“You know, Naeun told me that she has a stalker secret admirer,” said Chorong.

Woohyun spit his drink onto the nearest trashcan and looked at Chorong.

“Stalker secret admirer, what the heck?” said Woohyun.

“Yeah, apparently, Naeun told me she was very curious and not scared of him at all. She said that she even accepted his invitation to go with him to the Fall Equinox Ball. I’m kind of worried for her though,” said Chorong looking at her food.

Woohyun smiled and kissed Chorong’s cheek and then pecked her lips.

“Naeun is a remarkable girl. Reminds me kind of Myungsoo almost,” said Woohyung, “I’m sure she is fine.”

“I wish Myungsoo would have opened up to her, I mean, they both are so compatible for each other even though they both despise each other,” sighed Chorong.

“I agree anyways, let’s go look for your ball gown for the dance-”

Myungsoo didn’t listen to the rest of the conversation and headed to Naeun. So she calls me the stalker secret admirer, huh? Well, I’m kind of glad she’s going with me. I don’t want her to be taken by Sungyeol. I don’t know why though. I’m only doing this because of my promise. When Myungsoo got back to the table, he saw Naeun taking pictures of passing people with a camera.

“Yah! Who told you to touch my camera?” he glared at Naeun.

“Your camera is over there,” said Naeun as she pointed to a camera bag on the chair.

“So you have a camera too,” he said as he placed both of their trays on the table before placing his camera bag next to his chair.

“Yeah, it was given to me by my father’s company,” said Naeun.

Myungsoo was about to ask but he saw Naeun eating her food. When they finished eating, Myungsoo finally decided it was about time for them going to look for a ball gown for Naeun.

“Myungsoo, where are we going?” asked Naeun.

“I’m going to buy you a gown and a mask for the ball. You kept me busy today and it was part of the bet we made,” said Myungsoo.

He held her hand and dragged her into one of the expensive gown stores because it was designer branded. Only the top companies could afford to buy their dresses. Since the Kim Corporation was one of the top 5 companies in Korea, Myungsoo’s family were basically billionaires.

As they walked into the store, Naeun looked at the beautiful gowns. Naeun glanced at the prices and somewhat cried because she couldn’t afford anything.  This was one of the moments that she wished she stayed in her father’s home. She could have probably afforded with no breeze. When she turned around, Myungsoo was looking at the gown and shook his head.

“I don’t think that gown would work,” said Myungsoo as he called for someone that worked in the store.

“Can I help you sir?” asked the employee.

“Yeah, I want a ball gown dress somewhat pure and innocent for that girl over there. It better not be seductive because it has to be a ball gown. Don’t make it red,” said Myungsoo as he stared at Naeun still deciding the color.

The employee left leading Naeun to the dressing room as Myungsoo looked through the catalog of ball gown dresses. He wanted her dress to be beautiful but pure. He also didn’t like it to be laced or full of sequence.

Naeun came in wearing a blue ball gown dress. She didn’t seem happy about it because it didn’t match her. She looked at Myungsoo with annoyed look and he knew exactly it wasn’t a good dress. She walked back into the dressing room again.

Myungsoo still looked at the catalog again and gave a sigh. He wanted Naeun to a have a dress that no one would wear. He started to think what would be good for Naeun’s taste. Half of the dresses she tried on were beautiful but it didn’t describe her.

He finally found a good dress for her and it was also black which her favorite color was probably. He motioned an employee to make her wear this dress. While Naeun was busy in the dressing room, Myungsoo went off to buy a mask that matched the dress. He found a mask that matched the pattern of the dress and smiled. When he came back, he saw Naeun in the dress he suggested. She twirled and smiled at the mirror. He approached her and placed the mask over her face.

“Now, no one will know you’re Son Naeun,” he whispered.

Naeun looked at the mirror and smiled that she finally felt a different person. She would look great for the ball. There was another surprise. Myungsoo placed an Infinite necklace on her.

“Why did you?” asked Naeun as she turned to him.

“I saw you looking at the necklace so I secretly bought it for you,” he said as he finally showed her a smile.

Naeun was surprised as she began to rethink what she thought about Myungsoo for three years now. They stared at each other until the employee coughed to interrupt their ‘starring’ contest.

“We need to fit her because the dress didn’t fit because it was too big for her around the chest. Anyways we need her measurements so that we can ask the designer to make this custom made dress,” said the employee. She didn’t want to interrupt the couple because she though they looked good together. Naeun nodded and walked with the employees leaving Myungsoo somewhat dazed. Another employee gave him the bill for the dress and he signed it, paying with his credit card.

He didn’t understand what he felt when saw her in a dress. He closed his eyes and looked to the ceiling. When he looked at the ceiling, he saw someone blocking it. He stood up immediately when he realized it was his father’s manager.

“What the heck are you doing here?!? How did you know I was here?” hissed Myungsoo.

“Actually I was here since the start of your date,” said his father’s manager. He emphasized date because he knew perfectly well that it was fake.

“So what if it was fake, it got me out of that arranged marriage thing,” scoffed Myungsoo.

“Yes but now your father will be after Son Naeun,” said his father’s manager.

“So you told my father that I was on a date with Son Naeun. How well did he respond to that?” asked Myungsoo.

“I think he has a plan with Son Naeun now. Remember, Son Naeun’s father and your father are rivals in the company world. Your father owns almost everything while Son Naeun’s father owns most of the electronic companies around the world. It might cause Son Naeun’s father to take action against your father’s company or even worse, it might make your father set an arrange marriage between you and Son Naeun.”

Myungsoo was about to say something but his father’s manager waved goodbye and walked out of the store. He sat there with a dazed expression because the words arrange marriage between Naeun was planted in his mind. Naeun finally got her measurements for her dress and walked toward the dazed Myungsoo.

“Oi, idiot, what’s wrong with you?” asked Naeun as she carried her mask while wearing the infinite necklace.

“Nothing, are you done?” he said as his face darkened.

“Yep, komawo for today,” said Naeun as she finally smiled.

“Yeah, whatever, I only used you anyways. I also pitied for you so I bought you that dress,” said Myungsoo coldly as he stood up and walked off.

The words stung Naeun because she didn’t want to believe what he said.

“You’re lying right?” asked Naeun.

“Ha, you think I’m lying, you’re funny. You thought I would have developed feelings for you? You’re funny,” chuckled Myungsoo with a sarcastic tone.

The next thing he knew, Naeun slapped him across the face and pushed him to the ground.

“This is why I hate you. You’re nothing but a selfish soulless person,” spat Naeun as she ran out of the store. I thought you were different. I really did. I guess...I was wrong....

Myungsoo hated himself for doing something like that but he didn’t want her father to put them in an arrange marriage. I’m sorry Son Naeun for saying that but I don’t want my father to use you. It will only hurt me and my mother.

In those final words, he walked out of the mall thus ending the fake date.

 


I FINALLY UPDATED!
ERM MY GAWD! I AM SO EXCITED FOR INFINITE TO COME BACK!
TT I MISS MY PINKFINITE MOMENTS TT *cries*
PINKFINITE <3 I hope to see a lot of Pinkfinite moments when Infinite comes back =3
Oh link~
While I was on tumblr XD

http://zahraalvirahma.tumblr.com/post/55326991249/what-im-thinking
I thinks the managers are secretly shipping Apink and Infinite it's shown all over =3 XD
Comment, subscribe, or both =3