Chapter 16: The Blackaholic Couple

Fated Promise

Myungsoo’s POV

I was finally glad that today was the Fall Equinox Ball. I heard that Sungyeol had a date to the ball. Congrats to the choding, he finally found someone other than Naeun. I heard it was Bomi. It was a good thing because if I was with Bomi, she would have been clinging onto me. I do not want to experience that again. I also found it was interesting because everyone from Infinite was going with someone from Apink.

Anyways, I walked down the stairs and there stood my mother. She was very happy and excited to her son finally going to a dance with a date of his own choice. Usually, when my family gets invited to business parties, you would see siting at the tables. The reason is because I had no one to talk to. I remember one party was boring that I was playing with the napkins. I made a napkin paper swan. It was crushed by my mother because she forced me to dance with a girl. I ended up dancing with Bae Suzy that day. When the dance was over, I asked my father’s manager to take me home. It was pointless in staying at a party that I hated. That happened two years ago.

“Myungsoo, I’m so proud of you. Who are you going with? Is it Son Naeun? I saw you asking your father’s manager to deliver that beautiful gown to Naeun, yesterday. ” said my mother as she clapped her hands.

How did you know? My mom is so cunning. I wonder if I got her intelligence or father’s. I don’t care. Even though I don’t like my father, he was still good at tricking people into signing contracts. Hence, Naeun’s father never agreed to work with our company because of my father.

“Umma! You were eavesdropping again?” I asked giving a playful glare at my umma.

“Well, I need to know and I find it adorable that you’re going with Naeun,” said my mother.

“Mom, I only asked her a friend,” I said giving a sigh. Actually, I never told her that I asked her indirectly

She smiled while fixing my tie. My tuxedo was a regular tux with a black tie. I did however have a mask that matched Naeun’s mask. I bought it after Naeun slapped me and left me at the mall. Anyways, I looked at my mother and saw her face turn grim. I didn’t understand until she started to whisper.

“Myungsoo, your father is quite fond of Son Naeun. In the near future, what will you do when she is forced to have an arrange marriage with you?” asked my mother.

“I don’t know, umma. I’ve been avoding that subject with Abeoji for a while now. Every time he brings that up, I just walk out of the room,” I whispered.

She looked worried and smiled as the butler opened the door for me. When I got outside, there stood Abeoji’s manager as he opened the car of me. I looked at him and sighed.

“You don’t have to do that. I can do it myself,” I whispered.

“Can’t do that because your mother is watching,” whispered Abeoji’s manager.

Ever since my I went on that secret date with Naeun, my father’s greed had increased ever. He started to research Naeun and asked countless of times where she lived. I told him that I did even know. I also made a deal with Abeoji’s manager to keep Naeun’s apartment a secret. I told that I will take care of myself and won’t bother him unless I needed to. My whole family is dependent on our maids, butlers, and assistants. Especially, Abeoji’s manager. He always took care of me or umma and he probably wanted a break since I couldn’t take care of myself. That’s why the deal was made. If he keeps the secret of where Naeun lives, I won’t boss him around like a regular rich person would do to their father’s managers.

While sitting in the car, I gave a sigh as we neared Naeun’s home. I wonder how she looked with that “that black gown. No. No. You don’t love her. Stop thinking about that moment, Myungsoo. You’re L right now. Oh right I have to place my mask on. Can’t let her see who her ‘secret admirer’ is.

I realized that Naeun probably knew who Abeoji’s manager was so I asked him to place sunglasses on and told him not to speak.  When the car stopped, I placed my mask on and walked toward the apartment. I stood on front steps and rang her doorbell. Why are you feeling nervous? It’s just the brat. Stop it Myungsoo! I started to shake my hands to get rid of my nervous feeling. She finally opened the door and there stood Naeun.

She looked beautiful, she only work natural make up. Her dress was black and the sequence on her dress shined in the moonlight. She wore the infinite necklace I gave her. Her hair was up in a curly bun but I didn’t like it. I walked toward her, mesmerized by her beauty, and took off the messy bun. I watched the bun disappear and helped her fix her hair. Suddenly, I realized what I was doing after she broke the silence.

“Why did you do that? Who are you?” whispered Naeun as she backed away, not caring about her hair being down.

“Your hair looks beautiful the way I always see you in school. Also, I’m your secret admirer that you picked for tonight’s ball,” I said, calmly.

“Really? Can I see your face then? Why wear your mask now?” asked Naeun.

“I’ll keep my identity as your secret admirer for a while. I’ll reveal who I am soon just trust me,” I said trying to avoid myself being caught. Myungsoo, stop it! You don’t like her.

Naeun gave a nod as she walked back to get her mask. She then locked the door. I helped her with her dress as we tried to get to the car. While she was walk down the steps of her front porch, carefully, she tripped and fell toward me. Our faces were so close but what blocked us was the mask on my face.

“Are you okay, Naeun?” I asked, not realizing how close we were.

“I’m fine. Thank you,” she said softly as she pushed me gently away from her.

We then walked toward the car and I helped her into the car. Her dress may be beautiful but it was a pain. I didn’t know s it was weighing her down after seeing her stumble twice. We spent a whole silence in the car as we drove to the school’s elegant ballroom.

 

Naeun’s POV

Today was a free day and the ball. I already planned everything. Since I missed a day of work, that time when Myungsoo kidnapped me, I asked my manager’s daughter if I could work for a two hours. I walked into the grocery store and wore my employee uniform and started my day. Today, I didn’t understand but I daydreamed a lot about my secret admirer. I really wanted to meet him and thank him personally.

It was the second time I was excited about something. Ever since I lived alone, I never got this excited. I only worked and worked until I could get the month’s pay. I remember when I first started to live alone after my mother needed to stay in the hospital. I took this grocery job. It was the only thing that offered so much pay. My manager took it easy on me because I hid my surname and went with Na Eun. She gave me so much money as I worked. When she found out I was a Son from the Son Company of Electronics and Photography, she made my life miserable. I worked twice as much and received the same amount of pay. She told me I deserved it because people like me deserved to be poor. She was surprised that I never answered back at her. When she asked, I told her it was pointless.

Anyways, while I was working, my manager’s daughter saw me feeling rather different today. She asked me what was wrong since she knew that I usually worked to my fullest and right now I wasn’t acting like myself.

“Naeun, are you okay? You seem rather, lacking hardship today. What’s wrong? Did something happen in school?” asked my manager’s daughter.

“Aniya, I’m fine. It’s just there is a ball today and I’m going to it,” I said giving a nod.

“A ball!?! You shouldn’t be working. You should be getting ready like the others. When does it start?” asked my manager’s daughter.

“It starts around 7pm, don’t worry I have time,” I said while sweeping.

“No, I know how important these balls are. It’s like going to another Prom. I will lessen the work. You can leave in 30 minutes instead. I will give you full time pay,” said my manager’s daughter. Why are you so nice to me? Why were you raised by that witch? Why can’t you be my permanent manager?

After thirty minutes, I left the grocery store and bumped into someone. I bowed and apologized but I didn’t hear any scowling. I looked up and saw Sungyeol carrying his tuxedo.

“Sungyeol? What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I decided to take the bus today. Anyways, what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be getting ready?” asked Sungyeol as he walked with me to the bus stop.

“I had to do work like usual. Don’t worry, I will get ready although I won’t be fancy,” I said, knowing that I won’t look as fancy like the other people.

“Well, I’m going to a salon right now. I’m sure they will let you since they know me very well because of my family,” smiled Sungyeol.

 “Jinja!?! Wait, is it near here?” I asked.

“Don’t worry it’s near your home,” smiled Sungyeol.

“Kaja,” he said as he offered a hand and smiled at me.

We walked toward the bus stop and sat in the bus together. I was glad that Sungyeol was always nice to me. I sat next to him in the bus as I looked outside the window. Suddenly, Sungyeol broke the silence.

“You’re wearing my butterfly pin? How did you find it?” asked Sungyeol as he touched the pin and smiled at me.

“I found it in my apartment,” I lied. I don’t know how Myungsoo had my pin but it’s best not to tell him what actually happened.

“See, I knew you would find it again,” said Sungyeol.

The bus finally stopped at the destination and Sungyeol stood up. I followed him and walked outside of the bus. When I went down, Sungyeol took my hand and we walked into the salon.

The salon was fancy and I haven’t been into a salon since I was twelve. I was only there for my mother and father. I would sit in the waiting room, reading a very long book. The people that sat next to me were quite surprised that I read very advance books when I was that age. Remembering that memory made me sad but I endure the pain and stood next to Sungyeol pretending to be happy. He seemed to be looking for someone. When he found the person he was looking for, he began to talk to her and would turn to my direction from time to time. He then came back and pulled me toward a chair.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“This hair stylist will help you, see you later Naeun,” smiled Sungyeol as he walked off to his stylist.

I turned to the stylist and listened to her as she started to wash my hair. She then asked what hairstyle I would like. I told her just to keep my natural hair. I sat there and closed my eyes and relaxed. When she was done fixing my hair, she looked at me and started to place natural make up onto my face. When she was done, she turned me to the mirror and smiled.

“You look beautiful, Son sshi. Now you should wait for your boyfriend,” said the stylist.

“Ani, he is just a close friend of mine. We’re not boyfriend or girlfriend,” I said trying to fix the misunderstanding.

“You look good together. You two will probably fall for each other,” smiled the stylist.

“Aniya, we’re just friends,” I said giving a nod.

The stylist smiled as she walked off to her next customer that was sitting 5 chairs away from me. When I turned around, I saw Sungyeol standing in front of me. I never realized it but he looked very handsome especially when he wore his tuxedo. I tried to shake the thought away and smiled at him.  Why are you saying that Naeun? You don’t like anyone. Are you starting to like someone though?

“You look beautiful Naeun,” smiled Sungyeol.

“You look very handsome,” I said with a smile.

I didn’t understand what I was feeling right now but it felt weird. I shook the thought away and looked at the ground.

“Yah, why aren’t you looking at me?” pouted Sungyeol as he lifted my chin so that I can look at him.

“It’s just well you’re being so nice and I can’t repay you,” I said with a sigh.

“Just treat it as a gift. Anyways, my chauffeur will be coming soon so that you can get ready for tonight’s ball,” smiled Sungyeol.

He took my hand once again and we left the salon. He drove me home and I waved goodbye telling him that I would see him at the ball.

After an hour of getting into my dress and heels, I decided to fix my hair once again, placing it into a bun. When l looked at the mirror, I gave a smile and decided to change the butterfly pin into the pin my secret admirer gave to me. I also decided to wear the Infinite pin that L gave me. When I was done, I heard a doorbell and there stood a mysterious man with his mask on. We stared at each other for a good five minutes. He approached me and took off my messy bun. He was so close but I didn’t know who he was. I then broke the silence by asking who he was. When he said that he was my secret admirer, I was relieved that he was actually real. I walked to get my mask and walked outside, locking the door. As he helped me with my ball gown, I tripped and fell toward him. When I was close to him, I felt my cheeks turned read especially when he spoke.

Who are you? I really want to know. Your voice, your scent, and your height remind me of someone but I don’t know who. I regained myself and pushed him away. I seriously didn’t want to see him blush like that. When we got to the car, he again, helped me with the dress. As we sat in the car, I looked at the driver and felt I was inside this car before and the driver looked familar. Why is he wearing sunglasses during the night? Isn’t that dangerous? How can he see? I’m really scared now....As we were going to the ball, I sat there in silence. The only I heard was my own thoughts, trying to decipher who this guy was.

****

Apink and Infinite arrived together in a limousine except their ice princess and prince. They all lined up with their dates and smiled at each other. They all went inside to look for their tables. They knew that they would probably meet Naeun and Myungsoo later. Naeun and Myungsoo finally arrived and Myungsoo helped Naeun out of the car. He closed the car door and watched the car leave them. He helped her with her ball gown and realized that she wasn’t wearing her mask.

“Naeun sshi, you should be wearing your mask, so that they wouldn’t know your identity. Even though this is a Fall Equinox Ball, it’s like a masquerade ball,” whispered Myungsoo.

Naeun nodded and tried to place her mask on but she was having a hard time with the ribbon. Myungsoo went behind her and tied the ribbon of her mask.

“Is it too tight?” he asked.

Naeun only shook her head. She was too deep in thought of trying to find who this guy was. She felt like he was familiar but very mysterious. It was like the same aura of Kim Myungsoo. There was something different from L and this guy was that he was a gentleman unlike L. Myungsoo took Naeun’s hand and they walked inside the ballroom. They looked for their table. Each of their invitation had a color and a number that matched the pair of chairs and table that they sat at. Each pair had a different color that directed them to their chairs, L and Naeun both had the color black and the number 4 as their chairs and tables.

When they finally found it, they were with two other pairs. It was Sunggyu with his date, Yookyung, and Sungyeol with his date Bomi. Myungsoo and Naeun didn’t talk; all they did was bow to the pairs that sat next to them. Sungyeol was speechless because he saw how good looking the couple that sat in the middle of him and Bomi as well as Sunggyu and his date. Sunggyu glanced at the mysterious male and saw him glaring at Sungyeol because he kept staring at mysterious female. He kicked Sungyeol under the table to make him stop staring.

“Ash!” muttered Sungyeol as he looked at Sunggyu.

Sunggyu didn’t say anything as he only told Sungyeol not to look at the girl by eye contact. Sungyeol nodded and gave a sigh and watched Bomi try to talk to the girl.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Bomi,” smiled Bomi as she offered a hang to Naeun.

Naeun looked at the hand and shook it but she didn’t tell her name.

“Nice to meet you too, there is no need to tell you my name because this is basically a masquerade,” said Naeun softly.

Bomi looked shocked at Naeun’s words because she never thought this stranger would say something like that. She felt awkward as she looked at Sungyeol. Sunggyu was watching Sungyeol and Bomi as well as the blackaholic couple. He named them the blackaholic couple because of their outfits and also because their cards said black. Interesting, do you guys not want to talk because you don’t want to reveal each other’s identities to us or is it because of you don’t want to ruin your image, Myungsoo? Does Naeun know that you’re with her? Sunggyu glanced at Myungsoo. He was interrupted when the Student Council was looking for Sunggyu. He was supposed to deliver a speech so that they could start the Fall Equinox Ball.

When he finished his speech, the food was passed. Table four that consisted of Naeun, Myungsoo, Sunggyu, Yookyung, Sungyeol and Bomi; ate in silence. All you heard was the chopsticks and the talking of the other tables. Naeun stared at her dish and didn’t understand what was giving to her. Is that snails? I’m not into snails. Why did I order this? I’m such an idiot. She looked at Myungsoo’s plate and saw it was much better than hers. His plate looks good. Why didn’t I ask for that instead? She looked at Myungsoo and with their expressions of their eyes, they switched plates.

After eating, it was finally time to dance. The tables were cleared to the side and Naeun stood next to Myungsoo. It was time for some ballroom dancing. The student council stepped in with their dates and danced. When all of the Student Council members were dancing, the other dates didn’t know what to do. They didn’t know whether to step in and dance or not. Myungsoo was glad he knew how to do the ballroom waltz so he started to pull Naeun but Naeun didn’t want to go.

“What are you doing?” she whispered.

“I want to dance. We look like idiots, just standing here,” he whispered. The only reason why I knew how to dance was because I’ve been to many elegant parties and learned by just observing.

“I don’t remember how to ballroom dance,” said Naeun. The last time I dance, I was about twelve because it was against my will. I don't remember how to dance.

“Then follow my lead,” he said.

He pulled Naeun into the dance floor and the other people started to whisper.

“Who is that couple? What? How can they dance?” asked one couple.

Naeun ignored their voices and looked at Myungsoo. She placed her hand on his shoulder as she held his hand. He suddenly went close to her and she felt a little awkward. She remembered this was just a dance. She then followed his lead as they started to dance together. Soon afterwards, the rest of apink and Infinite and then finally the couples started to join. Naeun was surprised at Myungsoo’s dancing because everyone followed after that. She didn’t speak to him as she danced while looking at his tie.

Myungsoo was frustrated because Naeun only looked at his tie. Why are you looking at my tie? LOOK AT ME! I’m leading you and I want to see your face even though it’s covered by a mask! Naeun finally looked at Myungsoo and saw his face looked rather annoyed.

“Why do you have such a face?” asked Naeun.

“Why, you were only looking at my tie? Why couldn’t you look at me,” said Myungsoo without realizing he said what he kept in his mind. Shoot! Did I blow my cover?

Naeun looked shocked because he suddenly started to yell. She then started to stubbornly disobey him. She needed to know if her guess was correct.

“Naeun sshi, why won’t you look at me? We’re dancing! Why can’t you look at me?” asked Myungsoo.

He was getting furious at Naeun not looking at him as they danced. Naeun realized who he was. She finally out the guy who secret admirer, no, the guy she despised. Suddenly the whole room fell into silence, all you heard was a slap across the face and mask falling.

There you saw Naeun and an exposed gentleman by the name Kim Myungsoo. No one knew what happened but Naeun’s mask stayed on as she walked out of the ballroom. She didn’t really had fun. The only fun she had was before the ball and that was the meeting of her secret admirer.

Why would you give me that much money? Why would you give a pin that’s expensive? You bought a lot of things and I still couldn’t repay them. I know you! You only did this so that you can feel good about yourself probably. I thought my secret admirer was someone that is nice but to see who it was in reality was terrible. I hate you Kim Myungsoo. I hate you for toying with my feelings! Naeun ran out of the ballroom as well as Myungsoo went home.

When Naeun got to the park, she cried and cried. It was because she embarrassed herself by going to the ball. She also felt horrible because she felt like Myungsoo toyed with her feelings once again. After he just apologized for saying such a thing for the date, she felt like the world was always against her. As she walked back to her apartment, she got out of the dress and cried on her bed into sleep.

The ball finally came to an end. Although the ball came into an end, people still searched for the maiden in black. She was the queen and Myungsoo was the king of the ball that night. No one knew who the girl was and it was the next event after the ball. It was to find the maiden in black. Myungsoo was giving no clues to anyone because he was embarrassed too. The only clue that everyone had was the infinite necklace she wore. 

 


I don't know what I wrote TT
The ball was just bleh. I'm sowwie.
Sowwie.
I've been having writer's block lately.
Anyways I saw in tumblr that Apink's fan club helped cheer for Infinite along with Ajax's fandom.
Anyways the reason is because Inspirits were banned to watch the precording.

http://lovewols-b2u-infee.tumblr.com/post/56049707012/guyyysss-id-really-like-this-fanacc-post-soo-much