Incomplete Day

Strawberry Love

 

         Seungri recovered fast and later on, continued with their activities. Since he and Su Ming were officially dating, he always takes time on giving Su Ming his attention.

 

          And today is a very special day for both of them. It’s Su Ming’s birthday.

 

          “Good morning Su Ming, happy birthday!” early in the morning, Seungri’s mom got up to prepare her breakfast.

          “Oh, eomma you don’t have to do this.” She smiled widely to see all her favorite food all over the table.

          “All the best for my daughter-in-law.”

          “Whaaa ~ I’m really lucky to have you.”

          “Naaaahhhh ~ I am. Oh, by the way, did Seungri greet you already?” Su Ming answered with shaking her head.

          “I see… Don’t worry, surely there will be a surprise for you.”    

          “Really?”

          “Ofcourse, my son loves surprises.”

 

          They shared the morning together. In a while, she received flowers and chocolates delivered by a mail man.

 

          “Oh! That must be from Seungri, isn’t he sweet?” Su Ming opened the letter immediately but to her surprise, it wasn’t Seungri but Taeyang. She was slightly upset since she was waiting for Seungri’s greeting but was still happy since his closest friend never forgot her despite of their hectic schedule. Since Taeyang just sent her flowers, she thought that the boys were busy.

 

          All day, Su Ming was waiting for Seungri but she never even received a call or a text message. She was so worried and upset so she decided to go to YG instead. She tried to disguise herself but since she was pregnant, she knew she’ll still be found out so she just went out her way.

 

          She came to YG but hesitated to go in since she might see her friends but still she did. She tried to cover herself from people and since she knew the building for a long time, she knew the places where few people stay. She managed to come to the recording studio. The boys were preparing for another album so surely, Seungri is there. She saw Seungri doing his own thing seriously. She watched him from a far. He was so focused on what he’s doing and from the situation, all of them looked really tired so she thought that Seungri can’t make time to even call her. Even though she was hurt, she understood the situation so she just went home.

 

          Meanwhile, like Su Ming, Taeyang watched Seungri’s every move. He was dazed to see Seungri being calm and not even arguing with Jiyong to go home early since it’s her girlfriend’s birthday. Whenever they had a date before, Seungri will make his hyungs mad by skipping their schedules but today he was extra cautious with what they were doing since they need to meet the schedules.

 

          “Seungri-yah!” Taeyang asked him to sit closer to his hyung.

          “Oh, What is it hyung?”

          “Didn’t you forget something?”

          “Something? No. I remember everything.”

          “Are you sure?” Taeyang was puzzled out. Seungri gave a grin.

          “Hyung, don’t worry. Your dongsaeng got everything covered.” Then he went to the recording room once more.

 

          Meanwhile, Seungri’s mom saw Su Ming in their garden all alone.

 

          “Su Ming-ah, you’re here already? I thought you’ll be having a date with Seungri?”

          “No eomma, I saw him but he was a bit busy so I didn’t disturb him anymore.” She faked a smile.

          “What?! Ottoke? (What will I do?) I didn’t even made anything for you since I thought Seungri would surprise you. I’m really sorry, dear.” She pouted and her eyes showed loneliness. Su Ming tried to console her.

          “No, eomma! It’s okay! The breakfast was enough and I know Seungri’s just busy, surely he will do something to make up for today.”

          “But your birthday is just once a year.”

          “No, it’s really okay.” Then Seungri’s mom went inside telling her that she needs to organize some documents for their business though she wanted to stay with her. Su Ming stayed in the garden. She thought that Su Ming’s mom was right, it was just once a year. She kept looking at her phone but Seungri’s name wasn’t appearing in her messages or call log. Everyone who she knew will greet her already did except one. She wanted to call him but hesitated because she wants him to call first.

 

          It was already night when Su Ming entered their house. They ate dinner and after that, she went immediately inside her room. She wanted to go to sleep early but still she was expecting someone from the door but no one entered, so in the end she fell asleep with tears in her eyes.

          “Seungri-yah, pabo (idiot)!” she uttered as her final word before closing her eyes.