Things that Aren't Meant To Be

Strawberry Love

 

          “Oppa!” Su Ming shouted as she saw Taeyang waiting for her.

          “Oh, you’re fast.” She just smiled at him.

 

          They went to Han River to take a walk. It was such a beautiful scenery. The wind was refreshing and it was really a nice place to relax. Since it was just a weekday, there were very few people so Taeyang put on a disguise and no one noticed him. They sat near the river.

 

          “Surprise!” as Taeyang showed her fresh strawberries.

          “Wow! You didn’t even forget.” She smiled.

          “How will I ever forget your favorite?” they both laugh at each other.

          “Oppa, do you remember, when we were younger we always do these things. Go to a park, eat strawberries and talk about our future…” she smiled while looking at the river. Taeyang reminisced the past when they were always together and she was always by his side. They shared their childhood together. Every time, he was lonely, Su Ming was there for him even before he was popular.

          “Yeah. You were so ugly back then.” Su Ming’s eyes widened.

          “Yah! Oppa, I was the prettiest member of our dance crew back then, what are you trying to say? You look weirder back then. Your hair was long, your outfit were so loose. Ahhh ~” Taeyang laughed at her being silly.

          “But you grew up to be very pretty…” he smiled softly at her that made her blush. Taeyang wanted to tell her his feelings since he knew it didn’t work out for her and Seungri.

          “Su Ming-ah, I have something to tell you.” He suddenly became serious.

          “Ahhh… me too.”

          “Oh, Really?... What is it?” Taeyang said.

          “No, you tell it first oppa.”

          “No… Ladies first, right?” Su Ming chuckled.

          “You never treated me like a lady before but okay, I’ll say it first.” She looked at the river, her eyes became sparkling. Taeyang noticed it and he thought to himself how beautiful her favorite girl was. “Me and Seungri are now officially a couple.” She smiled at him and continued. “He finally confessed to me. I think he was sincere, I want to tell you this first.” Taeyang was so surprised. His heart was once again shattered into pieces but he just smiled. “Am I getting used to you dumping me?” he said in his mind.

          “Oppa, why are you just smiling there?”

          “Nothing.” He smiled again. “I’m happy for you.”

          “Really?” she put her hands together.

          “Yeeeee ~” he suddenly hugged her.

          “O-oppa, why?” Su Ming was dazed with his sudden actions.

          “Can we stay like this for another minute? Oppa will just hug her little sister because it seems he has to give her to another guy.” Su ming smiled after hearing his kind words and embraced him back. Taeyang’s heart was still hurting. He never thought he could experience heartbreak so many times. He loved this girl for so long but maybe they can’t just be together… He wanted to cry but he doesn’t want Su Ming to know everything. He just closed his eyes and felt that moment. He thought that it was the last time that he can embrace the girl he loved so much.

 

          Time passed by the calm river. People came and go. Taeyang sent Su Ming home and came back there. It was a peaceful place where he can forget everything just by looking at the captivating view.

 

          “Will I ever love another girl more than you?” he sighed while looking at Su Ming’s picture in his wallet that he kept for so long.