The Big Day 2

Two Moons And A Werewolf

 

For Seri, it’s something she dreamed about her whole life. Everything is perfect. She is the princess, Tao is the prince. She is stunning in a shimmering ivory gown, hair tucked behind a flowing veil. He is handsome and charming, despite the heavy burden on his shoulders.

At around 3pm, the sun positioned itself in the west, reflecting its rays through the swaying trees. Exo stood on one side with Shin, while you stayed on the opposite side together with your husbands and BAP.

Tao waited by the altar with Kai and Zelo behind him, and the priest was beatific in his post.

All of you watched as Draco walked ahead, holding a pillow with two glimmering silver bands. He was adorable in his black suit and completed it with a big smile.

Kirsten followed in a yellow ball gown, wearing a flower wreath on her hair, and with a basket full of petals. She would pick a handful and shower it on the aisle. “Good job!” you mouthed.

When the kids reached the altar, they went to Exo’s side and took their spots beside Chanyeol and Lay.

That marks the start of a solemn and fairytale-like wedding.

DO, Baekhyun, Chen and Luhan stepped on a corner near the altar and sang in harmony.

Seri appeared at the fence, linking an arm with her brother, Sehun. It is said that a girl is at her most beautiful in her wedding day. She glowed in every direction, and despite the veil covering her face, her eyes sparkled under the sunlight.

At her first step, a tear came strolling down your face. You brushed it away, clasping your hands under your jaw. ‘My sister is so pretty…’

Kris, who was standing behind you, circled his arms around your waist. He pressed his cheek on your cheek, watching your sister walk down the aisle trying hard to hold back her tears.

When she finally caught a glimpse of her groom, Sehun gently held her when uncontrollable tears dripped down her face.

Tao was never afraid to get emotional as his bride walks down the aisle to meet him. You can even see tears rolling down his cheek. “I’m such a lucky man…”

“You are, bro…” Kai tapped his shoulder.

“Ani…” Tao looked his shoulder. “We all are…”

Your own eyes were filled with tears and had that dry feeling in the back of your throat.

Step by step, your chest swelled up. Note by note, the music from four angelic voices made it harder to resist the burn in your chest.

When they reached the altar, Sehun handed her off to the groom with a sweet, endearing look in his eyes. “Hyung… take care of my sister…”

“I will…” they exchanged bro hugs.

As the couple met each other’s eyes, they laughed at how drenched their faces have become. She reached up to his face and wiped his tears, while Tao took the hanky Zelo offered him and wiped her face.

The priest cleared his throat, catching their attention. “Errmmm… Kids? Do you still wanna go through the ceremony? Or get straight to the kissing part?”

All of you chuckled.

Tao shyly took her hand, lacing their fingers together and walked towards to the altar.

Tao and Seri stood side by side, holding each other’s hand.

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered together here in the sight of God, and in the face of this company, to join together this Man and this Woman in holy Matrimony…” the priest said.

Luhan came back to your side and took a seat when the priest started with the ceremony. It was solemn and heartwarming, that you had to gripped on his hand for comfort.

Kirsten also called her butterfly friends to fly around the area, floating with the cool breeze of the afternoon.

When the priest invited the couple to declare their consent to be married which they do by stating their vows, all of you stood and listened attentively.

Seri mustered her strength gripping onto Tao’s fingers, devotedly looking at his eyes. “I, Hwang Seri, take you babyfaced one to be my husband, my friend, my lover, my protector, and my companion in life. I will love you unconditionally, support you in battles, honor and respect you with everything that I have.”

“I promise to love you faithfully through perfect times and the not-so perfect times, regardless of how grumpy you can be. I hereby promise to resist the urge to beat your when you are difficult to get out of bed.”

“In the presence of our family who prepared everything on our behalf, I offer you my solemn vow to be your brat, in sickness and in health, being clumsy and asthmatic.”

“In good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow, I give you my trust, my love and my soul. I love you, Tao.”

However hard he tried to be strong for her, Tao got weakened with every word she said. He chuckled at one point, but tears fell from the corner of his eyes when he knew there’s finally that someone who would be there for him, in good times and in bad, through sickness and in health.

Tao took a deep breath and gathered every energy and courage he has for the girl he loved in his lifetime.

He held her hand, stared into her eyes, and said. “All my life I’ve been just me. Today, I become a man... a husband. Today, I become accountable to someone other than myself... to you. Together, no matter what happens, I’ll be ready for anything, for everything.”

That alone broke everyone’s heart. You covered your quivering lips, letting sorrowful tears slid down your face. Even Tao paused and dropped his head, to swallow the lump in his throat.

When the priest softly patted his back, Tao looked back up and continued. “I take this major klutz to be my wife, my friend, my lover, and my companion in life. I will care and protect you, nurture you and support you, and tell you when you are being stubborn and a pain the .”

“I promise to love you tirelessly through perfect times and the not-so perfect times, regardless of how often you get distracted by Zelo and Kai.”

“I vow above all things to remain unchanged…” he choked, she wept.

“...even if I should.” he blew out an air, fighting his exploding chest.

“In the presence of our dysfunctional family who guided and supported every step of the way, I offer you my solemn vow to be your godlike partner and lover, in sickness and in health. In good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow, I give you my heart, my love, my soul… I love you now, forever and ever... Hwang Seri.”

Tao immediately hugged Seri, draining his tears on her shoulder. ‘I love you so much, Seri…’

The priest gave them a moment when he felt how the couple needed each other so bad. Kai and Zelo walked up to them, hugging them in comfort.

The audience was also dealing with their own pain. Exo and BAP kept their heads down, hiding their emotions, while you found yourself sinking your face in Luhan’s neck. The kisses he left on your head comforted in a way, but the tightness in your chest overtook you.

When everyone calmed down, the priest called for the ring bearer. Draco was distracted at comforting his sister that Chanyeol had to nudge him.

“Oh!” the boy hopped off Lay’s lap and marched to the center.

The priest took the rings and let them place it on each other’s fingers. He then prayed a solemn blessing over the married couple and gave his final announcement.

“You may now kiss the bride…”

Tao carefully rolled up Seri’s veil and gently held her face. He leaned closer, took a deep breath and let his thin lips graze into hers. He felt alive more than ever, more connected with Seri. A new kind of love between husband and wife. A different kind of tingle with a funny feeling in the tummy and a racing heart.

He pulled away and leaned on her forehead. “I love you…”

“I love you too, my Panda Tao…” she smiled.

“Congratulations!” the priest.

“Kamsahamnida…” they bowed.

Zelo and Kai ran up and hugged them. “Yeaaahhhh!!! Congrats!!!" they cheered.

The priest raised an eyebrow when Seri kissed their cheeks.

She instantly turned to him and grinned. “It’s complicated!”

“Kids!” he left the altar and went up to you. “Sehee-ah… I’ll go ahead! I still have a baptism to attend.”

“Jinjja?” he nodded. “Sure! I’ll visit you with the kids one of these days... Goodbye and thank you!” you bowed ninety degrees.

“Don’t mention it! Bye!” he waved.

Without even letting the newlywed march down, everyone left their seats and swarmed them with greetings and taking pictures. “Aigooo~ I’ll just stay here and wait for my turn.” you chuckled.