Premonition

Two Moons And A Werewolf

 

It was raining hard as if a storm landed in the heart of Seoul. Since it just came out of nowhere, you found yourself dripping with cold water, walking on your way home.

Worse, it’s already half past nine. The streets were empty, covered with puddles making your sneakers squeak with every step. “I think you’re bad luck!” you joked.

“Me? No way! I think it’s you!” Minho chuckled.

He was noticeably in high spirit even after giving up his jacket for you.

“Thanks for walking me home despite all this!” you raised a palm, catching the raindrops.

“It’s nothing Sehee! I just can’t leave you alone in this time of the night! There are a lot of creeps around y’know?!” he wiggled his fingers. “Woooooo~”

“Ha! Ha! I’m scared!” you slapped his hands away. “For all I know! You’re the creeper! Woooo~” you copied him.

Minho stopped and clutched his chest. “Ouch!”

You snorted and walked back to him. “It was just a joke! Why so serious? Kekeke!” you snickered.

You were laughing so hard that you held your tummy and kept pointing at his face.

Minho on the other hand stood there, watching you glow right in his eyes. Your smile made him smile. The cold didn’t exist with the warmth you endowed.

For him, life took a more upbeat rhythm.

He took one step forward and tenderly pinched your chin up. You blinked when a drop of rain splashed on your cheek.

Minho wiped it away with the back of a finger while his forever flaming eyes caught you in a trap. You just can’t seem to pull away from his steady gaze, getting lured even more until your faces were just inches away.

His strong attraction to your blood made it extremely difficult for him to even be in your presence. He had to fight it or he’ll go back to his darker days.

It’s like the world stopped revolving yet the rain grew stronger. Water splashed everywhere, raindrops drip from the tips of his hair, falling down to your face.

He raised both hands to gently your face clean. As he stared deeper into you, his butterflies soared at how beautiful you have become. “God Sehee… You have no idea how much my heart races when I see you…”

“But Minho…” you murmured.

“No… Please! I know what you’re gonna say, and I don’t wanna hear it…” he then glided his thumb on your soaking lips. “Call me crazy but I came to realize that addiction is good…” he whispered and leaned his forehead on yours. “It keeps me alive, stronger, indestructible...” you noticed his lids slowly dropped. “I need your arms around me… Just that, and I'll be fine.”

With eyes closed and paced breathing, you saw how much Minho’s face turned serene and peaceful. You could’ve sworn your heart even skipped a beat.

Your hands hesitantly rose and crept to his back.

At that point in time, you were both panting, fighting through the heavy downpour. A streak of water would travel through the slope of his nose and ends up on your upper lip.

“Hwang Sehee…” Minho spoke softly and opened his eyes. “Will you be my girl?”

“M-Minho…” you hummed.

The way his name sounded in his ears brought a whole new wave of emotions charging his body. He can’t explain it and no longer has the ability to contain it.

‘No! No! Nooooo!’ he panicked.

Minho abruptly pulled away and staggered a couple of yards back. The pain rushed through his bloodstream creating intense agony. His bones outstretched, jaw dislocated, and developed into a vicious fanged mouth.

You watch in complete horror as the human in front of you change into one terrifying beast. It was a painful event, with bones growing, ripping of clothes. “M-Minho…” you cupped your mouth.

Hair and fur spurted all over his body; his fingernails grew at an alarming rate into razor-sharp claws.

As he was forced on all fours, Minho let out an ear-splitting howl and scratched his paws on the ground.

What was once the person you knew as a friend was now an unfamiliar beast, ready to attack and devour you whole. “M-Min…ho…” you gasped.

He shook his body just like any dog would do when its wet.

He slowly strutted towards you, eyes burning through the cold.

With each of his step, your feet also moved. ‘Run Sehee!!! RUUUNNNN!’

Through the tortorous wind attacking your face and jets of water shooting your body, you sprinted as if your life depended on your long paces. ‘Oh please! No!’ you panted. “NO! NO! DON’T DO THIS!!!” you begged.

You looked over your shoulder and the serene face you once praised has completely vanished. It was replaced by rage, fury, and sharp fangs. ‘!’

When you looked ahead, you noticed the road transformed into what seemed like an endless tunnel. It was dark and the light only stayed at the end. ‘Keep running Sehee!’

Minho on the other hand was gaining distance that he could already hear your heart beating so fast and smell the sweet scent of your blood. ‘Come at me Sehee! You’re mine!’

You fell on your knees and raised both arms to protect yourself. “NO! NO! PLEASE DON’T DO THIS! NOOOOO…”

Seri saw you on the couch, lying and shaking your head from side to side. “Unnie!” she shook you. “Unnie! Wake up! YAH!” she yelled and grabbed your arms. “YAAHHHH!!!” she shook you harder.

Your eyes shot wide open, heart pounding in your throat and hyperventilating. Beads of cold sweat also ran down your face, soaking you wet. 'Just a dream...' you breathed.

You looked around the room wide eyed, and took another breath after realizing you are indeed home.

Seri sat beside you and swept strands of damp hair off your face. “Hey! I heard you scream! Were you having a nightmare?”

“Oh my god Seri! It seemed so real! I swear!” you confessed.

“What is it about?” she asked.

“That…” you looked around and saw that the living room was empty. “Minho is a werewolf…” you whispered.

“WHAT???” she snapped.

You covered with one hand and pressed a finger on your lips with the other. “Sssshhh!”

She nodded, so you pulled away. “Jinjja? I dunno sis... It’s absurd!”

“I know! But my guts tell me, it’s possible!” you reasoned.

Seri took a deep breath and tapped her chin. “Hmmm… Whether it’s true or not, we’ll just have to be careful around him.”

“Yeah…” you blew out an air and stared in space. ‘Are you really that thing, Minho?’

A pair of wolf eyes suddenly appeared making you snatch a cushion and pressed it on your face. ‘Aish! Get away! Urgh!’