New Side

Two Moons And A Werewolf

 

The summer sun is up, scorching and burning. It fueled your thirst as you run around the neighborhood to cover a few miles. You practically scoured the entire area, running back and forth, panting hard and drenched in sweat. The music coming off of the earplugs kept you distracted from your aching calves and stinging ankles, and the only consolation you got is the cool wind blowing your ponytail.

‘Must keep going… Don’t stop Sehee!’ you breathed.

Aside from the fact that you needed to burn post pregnancy flab, you decided to improve your stamina, endurance, and strength after the tragedy that happened. The death of Kyuhyun brought a realization that sometimes, being emotionally strong is not just the weapon to win a battle but also physically and mentally.

You were no longer the slow poke who easily gets tired in chasing around a hyperactive boy and his little sister. You can keep up with Suho who has become your sparring partner. You even managed to ace the target practice Baekhyun prepared.

For the last month, you devoted yourself in working out and harnessing your acquired skills. It was when the entire household left for Exo and Mato to expose the kids to their second home.

Seri stayed behind to keep you company and make sure your sanity stays intact in the middle of a less rowdy house.

She saw you by the yard practicing some Wushu drills that Tao has taught. She sat on the porch, gawking at how graceful you have become. Bullets of sweat drip from your temple, then fall to the grass.

With just a sports bra and low rise trackpants, you extended your arms, turn your torso 90 degrees, and raise one leg straight forward.

“Uwaaaa~” she gawked. ‘My sister is badass…’

After a few repetitions, you planted both hands on your knees to catch a breathe.

“Daannggg momma… You so hot!” Seri beamed and raised a bottle of water. “Here!”

“Thanks!” you took it and drank.

“You know what unnie? The guys will flip when they see you!” she then stepped back while eyeing you from head to toe. “Look at you! Refined collar bones, fuller s, toned abs… Daaayyuummm!” she bit her lower lip.

You chuckled while pressing the cold bottle on your forehead. “For one thing my little sis… I got these…” you placed a palm on your . “…after giving birth twice… and this…” you touched your abdomen. “…is from all the work out and exercise I do every morning!” you smirked. “Why don’t you try it! Tch!”

“No thanks! I’m happy with my love handles! In fact, Zelo loves ‘em!” she giggled.

You rolled your eyes and went to sit on the porch. ‘I don’t wanna  know…’

Seri followed and sat beside you. “Seriously though… When are they coming back? I miss playing with TenTen!”

“Well… If I’m not mistaken, they should be here tomorrow!” you drank again.

“YES!!!” she raised both arms up. “Thank you Jesus!”

You shook your head while side eyeing her. ‘Aigooo~ I don’t think my sister will ever change… Always the carefree, wilder and erted one. Kekeke~’ “Yah! I’ll take a shower and change so we can help Shin at the bakeshop. You get ready as well, ara!” you tapped her shoulder and went to the house.

“Yes hottie!” she snickered and followed.

----------

The day quickly passed since the shop has always been busier. Customers from different parts of the city flocked to buy your special mooncakes and would sometimes stay longer for a cup of coffee.

Having only three people run a huge business is hard work. You and Seri became waitresses, while Shin manned the counter all by himself. He has always been the scrawny boy, who never fails to massage your shoulders when he sees it dropping.

“Sehee-ah!” he called, and when you turned, he waved at you. “Can you come over here for a sec?”

You dragged your feet towards him then he gently took your wrists and pulled you closer. “Hey… Gwenchana?”

“Yup! Just a little tired…” you massaged your nape.

“Hang in there babe… We’re almost closing!” he pinched your cheek. “Besides! Seri told me that the guys are coming back tomorrow?” you nodded. “See? Take it easy!”

You took a deep breath after getting the boost you needed. “Hwaiting!” you cheered.

He also raised a fist. “Hwaiting!” ‘

When night time came, you could already feel your body shutting down. Good thing, Shin was always there to drive you and Seri home, have dinner together, and even tuck you to bed.

“Good  night oppa!” Seri beamed.

“Night Seri…” he ruffled her hair.

Shin pulled the blanket over you and stoop lower to your forehead. “Goodnight babe…”

“Night… Shin…” you yawned. “Drive sake, okay?”

“Yup! Bye ma ladies!” he silently walked to the door and killed the light.

Seri shifted to face you and draped an arm and leg on your body. “Unnie… Aren’t you excited for tomorrow?”

“Oh ! Now that you mentioned it! I am!” you grabbed the sheets and squealed. “You just don’t know how much I’m itching to see Draco and TenTen! Omo~”

“Me too! I miss Tao, Kai, and Zelo so much that I want to bask in their glorious bodies already! Aigoooo~” she squirmed while hugging you.

“Ewwww~” you pushed her so hard that she almost fell off the bed. “Can you not do it to me? Yuck!”

She grabbed a panda stuffed toy instead and pressed it on her face. “Weeeee!”

‘Oh please! Spare me!’ you pulled the blanket over your head and shifted to the opposite side.