Adapt

Two Moons And A Werewolf

 

The whole pack greatly opposed the idea of Minho and Taemin freely visiting your house. Aside from the obvious reasons of jealousy, BAP are aware that Werewolves of Fenrir are known to be very scheming and good liars.

After an intense argument, they were left with no choice but to agree with your decision after Kirsten took your side. She threw a tantrum for hours that the husbands finally gave up.

Exactly two nights after the grueling battle, Minho and Taemin decided to pay you a visit. It was like any other nights except the less excited household.

“Dude! What do you think?” Minho asked before entering the fence, dusting his tight jeans and his hair.

“Oh c’mon hyung! You’ve been asking me that every 30 minutes! Geez!” Taemin complained.

“Just answer the damn question!” the older hissed.

“And my answer is the same! You look great, a’right! Geez!” Taemin scoffed.

Minho fixed his jacket and strutted his stuff. “Let’s do this then!”

You were in the dining room when a knock came on the door.

“I’ll get it!” Sehun stood.

He opened the door and saw Minho and Taemin in human form, very well dressed and charismatic. Your brother shot them daggers of stares from head to toe, then back to their smiling faces. “Wrong house!” he slammed the door.

“Who is it, Sehun?” you yelled.

He went back to his chair and continued eating. “Some lost puppies!”

They all snorted while you scolded him and left. “You're cruel!”

“Sehee’s right, bro!” Kai blurted. “Say no to animal cruelty!”

They laughed this time and got himself a smack on the head.

“That’s for being mean!” Seri scowled.

You opened the door and bowed your head to Minho and Taemin. “I’m sorry about that! My brother can be an sometimes!”

“It’s okay…” Minho smiled.

“Come in!” you gestured and led them to the cramped dining room. “Join us!”

“Noona!” Zelo protested. “Can’t you see the table is full already?”

Chen slowly chewed while eyeing the two. “And we only have human food!”

You rolled your eyes and slapped DO and Xiumin’s arms. “Aren’t you done already? You may leave now!”

“Excuse me!” they gawked.

Seri kicked their foot from under the table and glared at them. “MOVE!” she mouthed.

“Shireo!” DO stuck his tongue to her.

Taemin watched them bicker and was rather amused. ‘They’re actually a fun family!’

‘Kinda! Minus the immature brats!’ Minho smirked.

You grabbed DO and Xiumin’s sleeves and pulled them up. “You can have all the ice creams in the fridge if you want! GO!”

“YESSS!” they cheered. After holding their own pints, DO and Xiumin never left the dining room and chose to sit on the kitchen counter.

Minho and Taemin took their seats which was right across you.

You gave them plates and offered the dishes on the table. Rice, barbecued meats, steamed veggies, bibimbaps, and kimchi soup. “Ermmm… I’m not sure what you guys eat but if you like, I can cook something else?” you offered.

“Aniyo!” Taemin waved. “We actually adjusted to what humans normally eat.”

Yongguk snorted. “Well I’d be damned!”

Since he was just right beside you, it was easy to pinch him hard on the side.

“OW!” he flinched.

“Dig in!” you told them.

At that point in time, Exo and BAP scrutinized every move they make. From choosing what food to get, using chopsticks and taking bite size portions in their mouths, until drinking a glass of water.

“Ehem!” Seri cleared . “Can we please continue eating like civilized people?”

Everyone listened and ate awkwardly.

Kirsten, who was being fed by Luhan, turned to Minho. ‘Don’t mind my uncles, okay? They’re still trying to adjust having two werewolves in the house.’

‘It’s all good, TenTen! We actually like it here!’ Minho said. ‘A bit rowdy but that’s what being a family is all about right?’

She nodded.

Luhan saw her getting distracted so he made her sit on the table, facing him. “TenTen-ah? Let’s finish eating first, okay?”

“Neh!’ she smiled.

Suho was on your other side when he switched your plates. “There’s more meat in there!”

Your face lit up and clasped your hands together. “Awww~ Thanks babe…”

He ruffled your hair and kissed your head.

Himchan elbowed Chanyeol and nodded towards Minho. They traced his line of vision and ended up in your glowing face while giggling with Suho. “Is that puppy love or what?” the BAP member snorted.

Taemin saw them whispering and reprimand Minho. ‘Hyung! Eat will ya!’

He snapped out of trance and dropped his head to his plate.

After dinner, BAP was tasked to help the housemaids clean up. The husbands brought the kids to the living room where the rest of Exo joined to watch TV.

You and Seri sat with Minho and Taemin on the steps of the porch, drinking hot choco under the moonlight.

“Noona! This is really good!” Taemin raised his mug.

“I thought you only like blood?” you asked.

“I do! But ever since I learned to adapt, I guess my tongue got used to other flavors as well. You can call it acquired taste!” he added.

“Aaahhh!” you slowly nodded and caught Minho sniffing his drink. “Yah! You don’t have to force yourself! Tch!”

“Mind your own business!” he snapped.

“Woah! What’s with the temper?” you leaned away.

Minho saw your shocked faced, so he avoided your gaze. “M-Miahnae…” he murmured.

Taemin patted his shoulder and looked at you. “Werewolves have really bad temper. It’s what drives us to transform... full moon or not.”

After taking a sip, Seri joined the conversation. “Why do you seem more relaxed? More controlled?”

“’Coz unlike Minho hyung, I had my parents who guided and taught me how to control my emotions, even training me to only drink animal blood.” he explained.

“Bang is right!” you blurted. “That there are werewolves who are contented with animal blood!”

They both nodded.

Minho have his head down all the time, staring at the mug. You slightly stooped and searched his eyes. “Hey… Are you okay?” he slowly nodded. “Then why aren’t you talking? Say something…”

‘I’m okay as long as I can see you, and feel you…’ he thought.

Taemin rolled his eyes.

“Taemin-ah, is he sick or something?” you asked.

‘He’s sick alright! Love sick!’ he snorted and Minho’s narrowed eyes went straight at him. “Ani! Minho hyung still needs to get use to your scent! And Seri’s as well!”

“Oh !” you and Seri backed off. “Please… Don’t hurt us!” you pleaded with palms pressed together.

They stared at each other wide eyed and panicky.

You suddenly hit Minho’s arm and laughed. “I was just kidding! Chill dude! Hahaha!”

‘See why I like her?’ Minho smirked.

‘Yeah… I feel you bro!’ Taemin nodded.

“Minho-ah…” you interrupted, he looked at you. “Tell me why you only chose to feed on girls? Are you by any chance a picky eater?” you chuckled.

For Minho however, it wasn’t a laughing matter. He was clearly affected and couldn’t hide the shame for his dark side.

You reached out and touched his hand. “Hey… Miahnae… I didn’t mean to offend you. I’m really sorry.”

“It’s okay, I understand…” he murmured and watched your lean fingers at the back of his hand.

Your touch after all has a relaxing effect on him. He needed it to contain his rage and temper. “I’m tired of it, Sehee! I really wanna stop! I swear I do! But I can’t!” he slowly moved his hand and held on to yours, wrist to wrist. “I’m in it for life! I’m cursed!”

You squeezed his hand for comfort. “Have you even tried? Or, do you even have the heart to do it? Coz if you don’t, it well never work!”

“You know what oppa?” Seri also held his hand. “If Taemin can do it, then so can you! We will help you through it! Promise!”

Taemin joined in. “See hyung? You can do it! Especially now that we have TenTen on our side!.”

Minho took a deep breath and puffed his cheeks after blowing it out. “Right! I got this!” he pounded his chest.