Affliction

Two Moons And A Werewolf

 

Within two minutes into the bite, tingling sensation spread throughout Tao's body. He laid on the couch, writhing in pain, surrounded by Exo and BAP except for Chen and DO who took the kids in the smaller house. You also stayed by your sister in her room.

The living room once again became a makeshift clinic, chaotic and noisy. Baekhyun and Chanyeol lost the will to watch Tao in pain, so they chose to nervously wait in Exo-K’s room.

For whatever reason, Lay couldn’t stop the bleeding. He drained most of his strength in desperation but miserably failed. The bite mark throbbed when touched and had mildly swelled.

“Lay? What’s going on?” Suho worried.

“I dunno! Nothing’s working DAMN IT!!!” he fumed.

Tao began sweating excessively and started to get drowsy. It became difficult to keep his eyes open like someone tied bricks to his eyelids. “G-Gege… I-It… hurts…”

Lay reach out a hand and brushed up his red hair. “Hang in there, didi… You’re gonna be fine, okay?”

Youngjae handed him the same potion. “Hyung! Try this! It’s not a cure but it will help!”

After taking it, Tao remained in pain but the bleeding gradually stopped.

Lay searched his kit from the table and wore surgical gloves. “Di? I’m gonna have to manually close the cut, okay? It will hurt and I want you to bear with it…”

Tao frightfully shook his head.

“I’m sorry but you have to…” Lay said and looked up to the others. “Hold him!”

All of them hesitated. “DO YOU WANT HIM TREATED OR NOT? HOLD HIM GODDAMNIT!” he shouted his heart out.

At that point, Tao endured confusion and hallucinations taking over his system. His condition rapidly deteriorated, even having chest pains as if a sumo wrestler sat on his chest.

Xiumin moved, holding his free arm, while Luhan and Kai went to restrain each of his legs.

Tao flinched when Lay drained a bottle of antiseptic over the open wound. His level of sensitivity soared up and every contact became difficult to handle.

“Sorry bro… I’ll be quick… Promise!” Lay comforted.

He took a suture needle and thread, and prayed for the best. ‘I hope this works…’ he took a deep breath.

A deafening scream of pain erupted at the first stitch. “ARRGGGHHHH!!!”

Tao thrashed his limbs in struggle but was pinned down the couch.

Kris looked away, Suho and Yongguk moved back. The BAP members also covered their ears, while the remaining Exo’s put up a brave face.

“Ssshhhh… Didi, hang in there! I’m almost done…” Lay choked in sorrow.

Tears escaped Tao’s eyes while his cheeks puffed from breathing hard. Xiumin slipped down his clutch and squeezed their hands together.

“G-Gege…” the maknae cried.

“Don’t talk di… Save your energy…” he forced a smile.

Stitch after stitch, Lay frantically closed his wound despite the sinking feeling of what’s to happen next. An Exo getting bit by a werewolf was a first for all of them, and the unexpected is nearing.

Watching the red haired maknae slipping away became painful more than any injury they experienced. They were never ready every time one of them suffers.

Sehun closed his eyes. 'Plese not my hyung! Please...'

Tao was unable to handle the pain and eventually passed out.

Lay covered the wound with a loose bandage and nodded to Xiumin. ““We’re done… Take him upstairs…”

He agreed.

The leaders remained while Exo accompanied the injured maknae in their room.

Taemin waited for Minho by the porch and when he came, they both went inside.

Kris grabbed the older wolf's collar and pulled him closer until their faces could almost touch. Taemin was also restrained by Jongup and Kai.

“What’s gonna happen to Tao?” Exo-M’s leader gritted his teeth.

“I don’t know!” Minho admitted.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN, YOU DON’T KNOW? ONE OF YOUR KIND BIT HIM, AND YOU DON’T.ING.KNOW???” Kris growled.

“I’M NOT SURE A’RIGHT?!” Minho pushed him and was released. “When a person gets bitten, they turn into like us!” everyone fell silent, shocked in disbelief. “But that only applies to humans! For a Warrior, or a Force? I really don’t know!” he mellowed.

Suho turned to Yongguk. “Bang! What do you do when a Warrior gets bitten? What happens to them?” he calmly asked.

BAP’s leader took a deep breath and looked away in regret. “We kill them…” Kris and Suho's jaw dropped. “We believe that if one of us gets bitten, they get the virus and turn into a werewolf. That’s why we kill them right away.”

Kris and Suho dropped on their knees, helpless and battered. Yongguk went to them and crouched, holding their shoulders. “Guys! Let’s be positive about this okay? We’re not even sure if Tao will do turn into a… w-werewolf…”

Kris gathered his strength and looked up to Minho. “Are you 100% sure that Tao will transform?”

“Theoretically… Yes…” he murmured.

Suho also faced Taemin. “Do you believe that a Force can transform into a werewolf?”

“Honestly… I don’t…” the younger one replied firmly.

Himchan also stood and reached out a hand to Suho. “I don’t think so too! Just have faith...”

Exo-K’s leader grabbed his hand and stood up. “We will!”

Kris stood up after Yongguk pulled him up. “And whatever happens we’ll be there for Tao!” he faced Minho once again. “How do we know if it does happen?”

“It usually takes two days for a human to transform, but since your brother is different… 3 days, tops!” the bigger wolf replied.

Minho moved a step back and looked around the sullen room. “The one who attacked the maknaes were from a vicious clan who killed my parents... and Taemin’s parents!” Taemin gulped. “I’m here to tell you that more are coming! When? I don’t know! How many? I have no idea!”

Daehyun suddenly stood. “Do you at least know something?” he hissed.

Minho smirked and his eyes turned into slits. “Dude! I very well know that those who are coming are SOOO hungry that they will never spare anyone who stops them!”

Yongguk stepped up and cocked his head. “I’d be more than happy to welcome them!”

After leaving a piercing stare, Minho slapped Taemin’s arm and turned to the door. “Let’s go!”