Déjà Vu

Two Moons And A Werewolf

 

“Where’s Sehee?” Luhan asked the bake shop team as they arrived.

“I thought she’s here already? She left the shop like an hour before we closed.” DO said.

“Nooo! Would I be asking you if she’s here?” he rolled his eyes.

Chen passed and slapped his arm. “Hyung, Relax! She might’ve dropped somewhere!”

Suho also saw them and caught a glimpse of a rather depressed Sehun who went straight to Exo-K’s room. “What happened to him?”

“Something came up…” Xiumin sighed and told him as they enter the kitchen.

Lay and the rest of the housemaids also came to start preparing dinner.

----------

Your meal with Minho finished awkwardly. There were occasional chuckles, and random crickets prevailed when silence comes.

As you both walk down the lane, a drop of cold water landed on your cheek. “Great!” you looked up.

Then another drop came, then another, then another.

It rained out of nowhere, and hard. Minho removed his jacket and made you wear it. He zipped it all the way up and covered your head with hood.

“What about you?” you asked.

“Don’t mind me! I’ll be fine!” he smiled and took your hand. “Let’s hurry!”

After covering a few blocks, you were already drenched and soaking wet. It became a heavy downpour that the thunderstorms were too loud.

Minho turned and saw you shivering. He placed an arm around your shoulder and kept you on his side.

“I think you’re bad luck!” you involuntarily said.

“Me? No way! I think it’s you!” he chuckled.

Then it hit you.

You said the same exact words, and he replied with the same sentence and tone. ‘Déjà vu! Omo!’ you thought.

Although bits and pieces of flashbacks reappeared, you ignored it continued going home.

Your head moved from side to side, watching the dream coming into reality.  The streets were also empty and covered with puddles. Your sneakers squeaked with every step. You even have the same conversation as if you were acting out the scene.

“Thanks for walking me home despite all this!” you raised a palm, catching the raindrops.

“It’s nothing Sehee! I just can’t leave you alone in this time of the night! There are a lot of creeps y’know?!” he wiggled his fingers. “Woooooo~”

“Ha! Ha! I’m scared!” you slapped his hands away. “For all I know! You’re the creeper! Woooo~” you copied him.

Minho stopped and clutched his chest. “Ouch!”

You snorted and walked back to him. “It was just a joke! Why so serious? Kekeke!” you snickered.

Everything happened fast, freaky and eerie. Before you know it, he took one step forward and tenderly pinched your chin up. You blinked when a drop of rain splashed on your cheek. ‘No Minho! Stop!’ you panicked.

You helplessly watch him wipe your face while his flaming eyes caught you in a trap. You just can’t seem to pull away from his steady gaze, getting lured even more until your faces were just inches away.

His strong attraction for you blood returned and it drove him over the edge. You can see his eyes grew dark, deadly, and powerful.

Water splashed everywhere. Rain dripped from the tips of his hair, falling down to your face.

Thunderstorms were so loud that screaming became an option. “MINHO-AH!!! YOU HAVE TO STOP OR YOU’LL PHASE!!!”

“NO I WON’T! I CAN CONTROL IT NOW, REMEMBER?” he said.

‘I don’t think you can…’ you shook your head. “LISTEN TO ME OKAY? I HAD A DREAM ABOUT THIS ALREADY! YOU PHASED MINHO! YOU DID!”

His face grew evil and pressed his soaked body into your chest. He tilted his head and leaned closer to your ear. “So you’re dreaming about me? You must like me then?!”

You rolled your eyes and softly pushed his chest. “I’m not joking! Let’s stop before anything happens, okay?”

He circled both arms around your back and pressed it back to him. “Who says I’m joking?” he snickered. As he stared deeper into you, his butterflies soared at how beautiful you have become under the moonlight, soaked and glowing. “God Sehee… You have no idea how much my heart races when I see you…”

“But Minho…” you murmured.

“No… Please! I know what you’re gonna say, and I don’t wanna hear it…” he then glided his thumb on your soaking lips. “Call me crazy but I came to realize that addiction is good…” he whispered and leaned his forehead on yours. “It keeps me alive, stronger, indestructible...” you noticed his lids slowly dropped. “I need your arms around me… Just that, and I'll be fine.”

‘Those words!’ you swallowed.

A streak of water would travel through the slope of his nose and ends up on your upper lip.

“Hwang Sehee…” Minho spoke softly and opened his eyes. “I'll be anything you want, just tell me what it is and I'll be that… Please be my girl!”

“Minho… I can’t…” you whispered.

The rejection lit the bomb in his abdomen.

Minho staggered a few steps back, beginning to reshape and reform. He clutched his head from the intense pain and let out an agonizing wave of yell. “ARRGGHHHH!!!”

The mooncakes dropped after covering your mouth and shut your eyes in sympathy.

Anything he wore started to rip, shirt, jeans, and shoes. Fangs grow in, and the fingernails and toenails grow out to form claws. His face and skull formed to a snout. The spine enlarged and the vertebrae push out on the skin. Fur begun to sprout from all over the body. His eyes turned deep red, more animalistic.

‘Minho… Fight it… C’mon!’ you prayed.

“ARRGGGHHHH!!!” he screamed.

His body became hunched over, now having four legs firmly planted on the ground.

He looked up in the night sky, letting out a long howl.

It marks your greatest fear. Minho slowly strutted towards you like a lion stalking a gazelle. With each step, your feet moved back. “Mi-Minho?” you spoke.

He tilted his head for a bit and saw his eyebrows furrowing.

“I-It’s me… Sehee!” you added.

But for him, all he can hear is how fast your heart beats. It was music to his ears and the blood flowing in your veins burned his thirst that has never been quenched by animal blood.

‘Run Sehee!!! RUUUNNNN!!!’ a voice in your head popped out.

Through the torturous wind attacking your face and jets of water shooting your body, you sprinted as if your life depended on your long paces. You ran and ran even if your legs wanted to stop. ‘Keep running!’

Minho on the other hand was gaining distance. He can smell the sweet scent of your blood, the mint from your shampoo, the fruity cologne from your shirt. “Mmmmmm~”

Your knees gave up and brushed against the rigid ground. It tore you jeans, dripping blood coming from a gash.

Minho’s nose immediately picked up the scent and he completely lost of what remains of his human side.

He slowed down, striding straight at you. The smoke from his snout became visible, and through the fog came his dark slitting eyes.

The rain gradually stopped, leaving you shivering and wet. You pushed your ankles against the asphalt, in hope to back away. “Minho… Please!!! Try to remember!” you begged.

Nothing prevailed.

When he hovered on top of your body, he was nowhere near being a human. He was just animal acting on instinct and all those days of training meant nothing.

You held a breath while raising both trembling hands to his face. Your touch electrified him that he titlted his head in confusion. “M-Minho… Please listen to me… I’m Sehee… Do you hear me?”

You removed every anxiety when he lowered his head until his snout touched your cheek. ‘That’s it… You can do this Minho…’ you breathed.

“ROOAAARRRRR!!!” he growled.

Your eyes flashed and saw him raising his body, pouncing back to you.

You gasped and everything turned pitch black.

Taemin came springing out of nowhere, in human form. He grabbed Minho’s spine with both hands and hurled him to a wall. “THAT SHOULD KNOCK SOME SENSE INTO YOU!!!”

The wolf whimpered, curling to his side.

“Sehee noona…” he tapped your cheek.

Minho didn’t just knock you out, but mauled you with his sharp claws. Your shirt turned bloody red and completely torn, your jeans were ripped into shreds. Blood oozed out of the scratches all over your body, and Taemin found it hard to resist. ‘NO TAEMIN! FIGHT IT!’ he took a quick breath.

Minho limped back up. ‘Se-Sehee??? Oh no...’

“Hyung! You better head home for now! I’ll bring her to Lay hyung! GOOOO!!!” Taemin shouted.

‘B-But…’ he hesitated.

“NOT NOW A’RIGHT?! DON’T MAKE IT HARDER!!!” the younger wolf commanded.

Minho dejectedly left, and Taemin carefully picked you up, bridal style. “I’m so sorry noona! I should’ve came earlier! I’m so sorry…” he jumped in a flash and landed on the porch just seconds after.

Kirsten was in the living room playing with Draco and Kris when she flew to her father’s lap. “Daddy! Daddy!”

“Wae?” he wondered.

“Mommy!” she pointed the door.

That’s when Taemin kicked the door and ran in. “LAY HYUUNNGGG!!!” he screamed.

“MOOMMMM!!!” Draco cried.

“!” Kris swiftly scooped them off the floor and hid their faces from your dangling arms and legs, all bloody and mangled.

Every Exo and BAP ran down and he handed them to Baekhyun. “Take them upstairs! Ppalli!”

Taemin on the other hand, laid you on the couch. Lay squeezed through the crowd and once again found himself kneeling beside you. “! Minho did this, am I right?”

“I’m afraid, yes…” he replied.

Luhan appeared out of nowhere, grabbing Taemin by the neck. “Tell me why I shouldn’t kill you and that mother ing dog! TELL MEEEE!!!” he roared.

“Oppa! Noooo!” Seri ran and pushed him. “Please! If you wanna hurt anyone, not Taemin! Jebal!”

“WILL YOU STOP!!!” Lay shouted. “I CAN’T THINK RIGHT NOW! GOOODDDD!!!”

Tension was all over the house that the calmer and sensible ones moved in. Xiumin and Chen pulled Luhan back, while Seri took Taemin out.

Youngjae came with piles of towel. “Hyung…”

“Thanks!”

Bloody towels dropped on the floor piece by piece and they saw how bad your injuries. Light emitted through Lay’s palms and the cuts slowly closed, broken bones gradually healed.

“How’s Sehee?” Yongguk sneered.

“I’m sorry hyung… I can’t tell…” he said. “Her cuts were too deep and she lost a lot of blood.”

During all the commotion, Jongup sprinted to BAP’s room and dug through his closet.

‘Got it!’ he ran back down and went behind the couch. “Hyung! Let her drink this!” he handed a vial with green gooey contents. “I let the guys take that when we get scratched by those wolves or get cut in fights!”

“Oh! Thanks!” Lay took it and Jongup carefully raised your head up. They emptied the contents into your mouth, then laid you back down.

“How ‘bout now?” Yongguk anxiously questioned.

“Well… If my power and Jongup’s herbs didn’t work, then start praying.” Lay admitted.

All of them could declare an all out war against Minho, but staying by your side was all they can think for now.