Precaution

Two Moons And A Werewolf

 

When morning came, you decided to wake up early for a jog around the neighborhood. Matching tracksuit, earplugs providing distraction, nothing could almost come your way.

You covered block after block, and occasionally wiping the dripping tears off your forehead.

The same old empty park came to sight so you took a rest in one of the swings. While massaging your burning calves, a shadow came from behind and took the vacant seat by your side.

“Great to see you here again!” he said.

You instantly turned in shock. “Oh! Minho-ah!”

“Good morning!” he beamed.

“Morning…” you forced a smile.

After that tragic night, you find it hard to be alone with Minho. It has always been awkward and silent most of the time.

Minho, on the other hand, has been noticing it as well. You’re always quirky and talkative when with someone else especially the kids, but with him, it’s like crickets became his best friends.

He held the metal chains, looking at you worriedly. “Sehee-ah… Did I do something wrong again?”

“A-Aniyo!” you frantically waved. “I’m just…”

“What? Scared?” Minho interrupted, you faintly nodded. “Yah… How many times do I have to tell you that I’m not gonna hurt you?! Did you ever see me phase? No, right?” you nodded once again. “I kept my promise, so stop being paranoid!”

You avoided his gaze and looked at the ground instead. “Miahnae… It takes time you know…”

Minho reached out and patted your head. “It’s okay… I understand.” he smiled. “Thanks by the way...”

“For what?” you asked.

“For comforting Taemin. He really needs a big sister especially now that he lost his parents.” he said.

“Don’t mention it.” your lips curled up. “Is he okay? I hope he’s not mad with Seri or any of the maknaes…”

“He’s okay… And don’t worry, Taemin’s not the type who hold grudges. He’ll get through with it.” he assured.

“That’s good to know…” you sighed and raised your head towards the clear blue sky. “Aaahhhh~” you breathed.

Minho suddenly stood in front of you, blocking your sunlight. “Break time’s over missy! On your feet!” he commanded.

You sighed and pushed him aside. “Try to keep up then!”

----------

After running a couple of kilometers, Minho accompanied you to the bakeshop.

As he went to an empty table for breakfast, you went behind the counter where DO talked to Shin. “Sup guys…” you said in monotone.

Shin raised an eyebrow while watching you grab a glass of water. “Yah! What’s wrong with you?”

You downed the whole contents and leaned against the counter. “Tired…”

Your best friend since childhood walked closer and stood with hands on his hips. “Is this about the werewolf thing?” your eyes rounded in confusion. “Relax! They explained everything! Now tell me what’s bothering you.”

DO also went to your side to watch and listen.

“All of it! I’ve never been scared my whole life, Shin… You know that!” you confessed.

He took the glass from your hand and tuck strands of hair behind your ear. “Look! You got 12 Forces, 6 Warriors, and 2 Werewolves on your side. What’s there to get scared of?”

“Yeah Sehee!” DO smirked. “Have a little faith in us!”

You turned to him with a scowl. “Yah! I know that we can win this! No doubt!” you affirmed. “But even heroes bleed. None of you are immortals!”

Shin sighed and held your face. “Hwang Sehee! You’re thinking too much!”

“Aish molla!” you frowned. “Speaking of which!” you pointed a finger to his face. “I want you and parents out of here! Take a vacation to Japan, China, London, whatever! Just get outta here until this mess ends!”

“Mwoh? Shireo!” he protested.

Having a best friend who is completely human in the middle of a war left you on the edge. If only you can have every human being evacuate, you would, but explaining the situation is far more complicated. It’s just fortunate that Shin has an open mind and had accepted the fact that he has friends that belong to the supernatural world.

“Shin, please! I’m being serious…” you begged in extreme anxiety. “You have to leave… Please…”

“Hyung…” DO spoke. “I agree with Sehee. You have to take your family out of here for a bit. It’s not safe for all of you to be here.”

“What about you?” he asked. “The kids? Seri? Can’t you go with me?”

“Don’t worry about us…” you replied. “Shin and Bang think that it would be best to have us taken to Mato.”

“That’s better…” he blew out an air. “I guess I’m going on vacation then?”

“Thanks Shin… and I’m sorry for all the trouble.” you slightly dropped your head.

He raised it back up while pinching your chin. “Yah… It’s no one’s fault. Just stay safe okay?” you nodded. “I’ll be dropping by tomorrow to see everybody before leaving…”

“Okay…”

 

 

 

 

***********

Hey guys, sorry for the slow updates. I've been sick the past two days. I'll definitely catch up starting tomorrow.

 

Happy Mother's Day to all your moms, by the way.