Breathe

Two Moons And A Werewolf

 

Next thing you know, your body crashed and rolled for numerous times bumping against anything along the way.

‘Hyung! I’ll take care of him! Go get Sehee noona!’ Taemin said.

‘Neh! Kill that bastard!’ he ordered.

‘On it!’

They went their separate ways and Minho found you, curling like a fetus, half conscious. “Oh God…” he carefully turned you over, making you lie against your back. “Sehee-ah… Can you hear me?”

The small wounds in your flesh leaked blood, making it harder to breathe. Everything was blurry but knowing someone was there, staring down at you with his forever charismatic eyes, made you somehow feel secure. “M-Minho…”

“I’m so sorry Sehee… Please forgive us… We didn’t mean to betray everybody!” he frantically explained. “Taemin’s sister was kidnapped by those bastards and told us to turn against Exo in exchange for her freedom. I’m really sorry…”

“It’s okay…” you gasped. “I believe you…”

“You do?” he blinked. “You believe me just like that?”

You faintly smiled. “O-Of course…” you took another short breath. “You have a good heart, Minho… I know that…”

‘How can you be so nice, Sehee? I don’t know if I should hate you about it or love you even more! Damn it!’ Minho’s fingers shook in utter scare while removing debris off your chest. “I’m so sorry… Miahnae…” he kept apologizing.

“Sshhh… I said… It’s okay…” there’s that huge lump in your throat that you couldn’t help but cough it.

Minho froze at the sight of blood spewing out of your lips. Your body shook at one point.

“Sehee-ah! YAH! What’s wrong?” that’s when he panicked. His heart was beating so hard against his chest that he was also having a hard time breathing.

“A-Apa…” you groaned.

“Where? Tell me…” he searched your body.

The guys suddenly came one by one. Chen, Tao, and Kai stood around while Yongguk slipped on the ground, kneeling on the other side of you. “Babe! What’s wrong?”

Kris also did the same at the top of your head. “Sehee… Where here…”

Hearing those voices brought out the uncontrollable tears. The tightening behind your throat also gave up. “B-Bang… K-Kris” you gasped. “I stayed… I told you… didn’t I…”

Crying and breathing at the same time was extremely painful but you fought hard.

Kris leaned down until his lips touched your forehead. “We know babe… You listened well…”

“Miahnae…” you choked.

“Ssshhh…” he whispered. “We’ll take you home, okay? Lay will treat you…”

There’s that fiery burn from a particular spot in your body that became your main source of weakness. It’s like a burning golf ball was forced into your skin.

That’s when you remembered everything. “He can’t…”

“What are you talking about? That’s crazy, Sehee! Lay can heal anything!” Yongguk scolded.

They watched as you raised your shaking right hand towards your left arm. “The wolf…” you wheezed. “b-bit… me…”

Minho took your hand and ripped your sleeve off.

As the reality sunk, everything came crushing down. The three who were standing, fell on their knees, while Kris and Yongguk refused to believe what they are seeing. An open wound, clearly a bite mark.

“Hyung!” Taemin came and crouched beside Minho. “I killed him already! How’s Sehee noona? Is she okay?”

He only shook his head.

Taemin saw the bite mark as well and felt his heart being squeezed from inside. “N-Noona…”

Images swirled right before your eyes. The smirk from Kris' face, Luhan's youthful smile, Yongguk's gummy smile, Suho's innocent grin. But what imprinted the most and sustained the oxygen you need was Draco and Kirsten's giggles. Nothing beats their angelic aura, making you smile despite the excruciating pain.

Your hand slowly crept and found Yongguk’s fingers. “B-Bang… It’s okay…”

He twined your fingers together and warmly squeezed them.“It’s not okay, Sehee!” he snarled and horridly looked at the guy across him. “Minho-ah! Tell me that she’ll survive! She’s immune to the bite, right?”

Minho hesitantly shook his head. “She has human blood running in her veins. Miahnae…”

Your eyes fluttered when your lids grew heavier. It was getting harder to resist especially when their voices grew distant as if you were being lulled to sleep.

“Sehee-ah…” Kris shook you. “Stay with us, ARASEO! We’ll figure something out!”

Everything went completely silent. All movement around you slowed down to an excruciating pace. You could feel your pulse pounding against your skin. A dull ache formed in your chest, and everything was calm. “Sa…Saranghae…”

“SEHEEE!!!” Yongguk shouted. “YAAHHH!!!”

Tao suddenly stood and punched a nearby tree. “FUUCCKKK!!!”

Chen was left sobbing on his own, praying and hoping that everything is just a dream.

Minho held your wrist and could feel your pulse, slowly vanish. There’s that tiny hope which sparked in his chest and he knew it’s worth a try. ‘I hope this works…’

He moved and leaned down closer to your arm.

“What are you doing?” Kris held his shoulder.

“Trying to save her.” they stared at each other. “Do you want me to do it or not?”

Kris pulled his hand away and closely watched him instead.

Minho let his lips touch the bite mark where the skin has gone cold. He the blood out and his eyes flashed wide open, red and furious.

The blood that got him addicted for so long is now filling his hunger and thirst. It was a dream coming into reality. It brought him back to the day he wanted to kill you, the life out of you, enjoying the euphoria your blood has to offer.

Tasting you was like no other. It was exactly how he imagined it. Sweet, delectable, very addicting. He craved and craved, almost drying you from the inside.

The way you reacted was a positive sign. Yongguk felt your grip tightened and they all saw your body arch. You even pushed your ankles against the dirt as if fighting to break away from Minho.

He continued the blood out until he tasted it clean from all the venom. It also started to drip from the corner of his lips.

As much as Taemin wants to pull him away, he wanted him to learn it for himself.

Yongguk and Kris thinks otherwise. Just as they were about to push him away, Minho broke away on his own, wiping his lips with the back of his hand. He realized the strength of his commitment and the depth of his love for you. He proved to himself, to everyone around him, and especially to you that he is no longer a threat to your life.

“Take Sehee home…” he said, panting. “Lay knows what to do already…”

Yongguk picked you up like a bride while Minho reached out a hand to Kris as they stood. “Truce?”

He took it and shook their hands. “That’s because you brought my wife back… We’re even!” he sneered.

Minho and Taemin watched them disappear in the darkness and placed their arms at each other’s shoulders.

“Now what?” asks the younger one.

They started walking to the opposite direction. “I dunno…”