Suffering

Two Moons And A Werewolf

 

“Yes! Last one!” you rejoiced while sitting on a park bench, going through DO’s list.

After spending the entire morning roaming around the neighborhood and delivering mooncakes, your calves burned, your shoulders got heavier, and carrying a heavy basket strained your arms.

Seeing the last address in the piece of paper brought you to pure excitement. ‘Sweeeettt! Can’t wait to go home! Now where is this place?’ you checked it again and blew out a huge air. ‘Great! It’s five blocks away…’

You rolled your eyes and dragged your feet out of the park.

After traffic lights come and go, and intersections passed, you found yourself at an unfamiliar street. You’ve never been in this side of the city since its where high end shops are located and high rise buildings are towering each other.

You looked at the address once again and looked up at a gold number on the side of a revolving door. ‘Here we are!’

As you walked in, your eyes did a 360 degree turn at the lavish interiors of the humungous lobby. ‘Woah~ Very shabby!’

Your feet were also drawn to the front desk where a sophisticated lady stood with a radiant smile. “Good morning agasshi!” she bowed. “Is there something that I can you help you with?”

“Uhmmm…” you slid the paper and raised the basket. “I’m looking for this place to deliver some pastries.”

“Aahhh! Isn’t there a guy who usually does this? What happened to him?” she asked.

“He’s busy…” you said.

“Bummer… He’s really nice y’know?! He always gives me a pack of cookies every time he drops by…” she grinned.

‘Aigooo DO! No wonder why you love this part of your job so much!’ you shook your head. “Yeah… He is! Well… I’ll just tell him you said, hi!” you forced a smile.

“Thanks!” she bowed. “It’s on the top floor by the way! The penthouse!” she added.

“Kamsahamnida!” you also bowed and head to the elevator.

You took a longer trip up to the final floor so you looked at the reflection in the mirrored walls. ‘Aish!’ you whined at your hair sticking out in the different places. ‘That should do it…’ you fixed it.

After hearing a ‘ding’, the door opened and you walked out.

You went to the very end of the hall and pressed the doorbell.

Yet no one came.

You pressed it again, and again, and again.

Then you heard the door clicked and slowly opened automatically. ‘Woooo~ High tech much? The owner must be a lazyass. Kekeke~’ you snickered.

You poked your head into the tiny gap and scanned the area. It was bright from the sunlight reflecting through the tall window. It also smelled really good from the men’s perfume lingering in the air. ‘Is the owner of this place Jung Yunho or what? Kyaaaa~’

“A-Annyeong haseyo!” you called. “I’m here to deliver the moonckaes you ordered!”

It was silent.

“Hello?” you removed your sneakers and tiptoed your way in. “Errmmm… Hellooooo???”

The vast living room came in sight and your eyes locked into a dazzling chandelier. The furniture and sleek decorations were obviously expensive and you couldn’t help but run your fingers at an antique vase. ‘Holy diapers of TenTen! This is so cool! Uwaaa~’

While passing behind a long couch, all the praises and excitement contained in your system suddenly went flying out the window.

Your foot bumped into what seemed like a body that you had to look down on it. ‘Oh my God!’ you dropped the basket and covered your mouth in an instant. ‘Is he dead? Eotteokke?’

He was clearly a male, well built, tanned, and curling to his side as if clutching his tummy. You were unable to recognize him since he had his back against you.

He was shirtless and only had a pair of low waist track pants. “Ermmm… E-Excuse me… Gwenchana?” you gulped and moved another step. “He…Hello?”

You were starting to grow scared when the guy didn’t respond.

You walked over to the other side and bent to poke his arm. “Heyyy…”

He flinched and your eyes widened.

You only didn’t recognize the face but also saw how sick he was. “I-It’s… you… Oh my God! What happened?”

Minho was completely pale, sweating hard, and breathing heavily. His eyes were shut with brows furrowed. The cuts on his face were more than enough to feel sorry for the pain he’s going through but the purpled swelling on his abdomen uplifted the compassion in your heart.

The only thing that came into mind right that moment is to help someone without being asked.

‘What was his name again? Minhyuk? Minwoo? Oh right! Minho!’ you shifted him to lay flat on the carpet and tapped his cheek. “Mi-Minho… Hey… Can you hear me?”

Minho’s eyes slowly opened and a blurry image of a girl looking down at him, talking to him left him curious.

As the voice sunk into his system, he gradually got a clearer view of who she was. “W-What…are you…doing here?” he spoke weakly.

“Let’s talk about it later… Can you stand?” you asked, he faintly nodded. “Okay… On the count of 3…” you held both his arms and gathered your strength to support a guy twice your size. “Hana… Dul… Set!”

Minho pushed his feet against the floor as you pulled him up. He placed an arm around your shoulder while you secured an arm on his waist.

You made your way around the couch and slowly lowered him on it.

“AAHHH!” you shrieked when his weight dragged you down, making you fall on top of him.

Minho on the other hand felt warm and loved not from the sudden contact, but the way his eyes connected with yours.

Despite his injuries, having you on his arms was more of a cure than pain.

“I…am… ahhh… sorry…” you pressed both hands on his chest and stood. “Wait here…”

He watched you leave and started to convince himself that his lust for your scent was his budding love for you. ‘This is madness Minho! You’re just digging your own grave for doing this…’ he looked up to the ceiling and blew out an air. ‘Should I? Or should I not?’ he thought hard but the longer he does it, the more his brain wanted to burst. “!” he snarled.

“Hey! Relax! You’re just hurting yourself!” you came back with a med kit you found in the bathroom and a glass of water.

You placed the kit on the table and raised a pill on his mouth. “Take this… Its pain reliever…” you slipped a hand under his neck and lightly raised him.

Minho took it and also drank when you offered water. “T-Thanks…” he laid back down.

After sitting on a space beside him, you wiped his forehead with a damp towel. Your insides whirled from the pitiful situation Minho is in. Sick, injured, and worse, alone. You just can't imagine if it happens to one of your guys, much less your husbands.

“Are you a gangster or what? Coz it seemed like you just got out of a bar fight!” you scolded.

He remained quiet and pretended to sleep.

You then started to clean the cuts from his face with a swab of iodine.

He winced at the first touch and you pressed it harder. “Don’t be such a baby! This is nothing to whatever happened with you! Aish!”

“YAH! IT HURTS!!!” he yelled.

“You do it then!” you hurled the swab on his face and stood to leave.

Minho swiftly took your wrist. “S-Sorry… I didn’t mean it… Stay… Please?” he mellowed.

You let out a breath and sat to continue tending his wounds. “What happened anyway?” you raised an eyebrow.

“Long story short… I got my kicked!” he coughed.

“Easy…” you hushed.

Your eyes unknowingly went down his chest, followed by your hands grazing his scars.

It felt cold on your fingers that made the hair at the back of your head stood up.

Minho suddenly grabbed your wrist with a grave stare. “Don’t!”

He was so serious that it scared you right then and there. “S-Sorry…”

He released your hand and tried to sleep again. “Why are you here anyway?”

“Oh! To deliver the mooncakes! Did you order it? Or are you stalking me?” you said while putting a band aid on his torn lip.

“Tch! Keep telling yourself that! I didn’t even know you work in that bakeshop! I just love your green tea flavored mooncakes…” he murmured.

“Ahhh…” you brushed it off. “Well… I gotta go! I still have a lot of work to do!” you stood. “I also think you need to see a doctor for this…” you poked his tummy and he winced. “See? You might’ve fractured a rib.”

“H-How did you know?” he groaned.

“Trust me, I know!” ‘All thanks to living with 18 guys who takes pleasure in killing each other!’ you smirked and tossed the pack of pastry on his tummy.

“OOWWW!!!” he curled. “YAH! Sadistic girl! Aish!”

“Bye Minho-shi!” you snickered and left.