Leaving

Two Moons And A Werewolf

 

It’s another busy afternoon in the bakeshop. BAP are in their sleek work uniforms, serving the customers. DO manned the counter, Xiumin and Chen worked the kitchen.

Yeonjae came in with hunched shoulders, looking very sad and gloomy.

Daehyun nudged Jongup as the door chimes rang and they walked up to her.

“Yeonjae-ah, gwenchana?” Jongup asked.

“J-Jonguppie…” she suddenly hugged him leaving the BAP member startled and frozen. His arms were slightly raised, looking at Daehyun dumbfounded.

As she hid her face on his chest, Daehyun patted her back and worriedly watch her. “Yeonjae-ah… Are you crying?”

Hearing her soft sobs made Jongup move and lift her face up. “Yah! What’s wrong?”

Yeonjae was sobbing so hard that as her tears kept falling, not a single word would come out of .

Daehyun ran to get a glass of water while Jongup brought her to an empty table and made her sit. She had her head down while Jongup kneeled in one knee. “Yeonjae-ah… You gotta relax or we won’t be able to help you.”

DO came back with Daehyun and pulled a chair beside her. “Hey… What’s wrong? What happened?” he sat.

Jongup took the glass from Daehyun and raised it to her. “Drink first…”

After taking a sip, he wiped her tears and let her take a moment to catch a breath.

“Feeling better?” Daehyun her hair.

She nodded slowly with a matching sniff. “Neehhh… Komawo~”

“Now tell us what happened… Maybe we can help.” DO said.

“O-Oppa…” she faced him. “I’m quitting…”

“WHAT???” they chorused. “But why? When?” Jongup dreaded.

Another wave of gasps escaped her lips, Jongup held her again. “Hey… It’s okay… Ssshhhhh…. Uljimma Yeonjae-ah…”

DO rubbed her back while Daehyun nervously gnawed his nails.

“My dad got hired at a company…” she gasped.

“Well that’s great!” DO said.

“Not if it’s in Japan…” she dropped her head and covered her drenched face. “My dad will be stationed there and we need to be with him. I’m so sorry guys…”

“What???” they chimed.

“Do you really have to?” Jongup blurted.

She nodded. “Miahnada…”

DO gently pulled her and pressed her head on his shoulder. “It’s okay Yeonjae-ah. We understand. Family comes first.”

Daehyun paced and asked. “When are you leaving?”

“In two hours…” she cried.

He raised his arms and frustratingly dropped it on his sides. “Great!”

On the other hand, Yeonjae squeezed into DO tighter. “O-Oppa… I don’t wanna go! Jinjja! But what can I do? I can’t be selfish…” she wept.

“I know Yeonjae…” he comforted her. “You’ll just have to be strong, okay?”

“Neehhhh~ I’m gonna miss you guys soooooo much!” she gasped. “Tell Sehee unnie that I owe her a lot. Without her, I’ve never known such amazing oppas like you.”

DO pulled away and held her face. “I will, don’t worry.” he then looked up to Daehyun. “Go get the others.”

He quickly left and came back with the rest of the gang. Daehyun told them about what happened and they too were completely shocked and saddened. They never thought that such a turn of event will happen, but understood why she had to.

Yeonjae stood and gave each of them a warm embrace. Xiumin gave a box of her favorite cookies and another for her mom.

“Kamsahamnida Xiumin oppa…” her lips curled.

“Be careful, a’right?” he ruffled her hair.

“Neehhh…”

The BAP boys gave her the apron she always used and Himchan kissed her cheek. “Thanks Himchan oppa. I’m now the luckiest girl in the world.”

“Ani! We’re all the luckiest guys in the world. You will always be the apple of our eyes.” he winked.

“Aigooo~ Such a cool guy.” she smiled.

“There you go!” Youngjae beamed. “That smile is precious!”

Yeonjae wiped a final tear and turned to DO. She pulled out a folded stationery from her jacket pocket and gave it to him. “I was really looking forward to see Sehun oppa but I guess I can’t have everything, right?”

“Don’t worry. I’ll make sure he gets this.” he said.

“Komawo oppa!” she bowed and turned to the guys. “Komawo my handsome oppas! I’ll forever be grateful to all the things that you did to me.” she bowed 90 degrees and showed them her hands shaped like a heart. “Saranghae…”

“Awwww~” Chen melted and stretched out his arms. “Group hug!”

They all circled Yeonjae and hugged each other. “Hwaiting Yeonjae-ah!” they cheered.

“Neeehhhh!” she chuckled.

-----------

Minutes after the sorrowful goodbyes, Sehun came with maknaes. “Seri-ah, you should stop sleeping in class or Sehee noona will ground you for life. Hahaha!” he teased.

“Look who’s talking!” she scoffed.

Tao saw everyone lazing around, sulking and moping. “Yah! Someone died?” he chuckled.

The beaten crew saw them and DO ran up to Sehun. “Dude! Yeonjae just left and wanted you to have this!” he handed him the letter.

When Sehun opened it, a silver bracelet fell on the floor. “Eh???” he picked it up, and after taking a quick glance, he started reading it.

His eyes moved with every letter, and as seconds passed, his face grew pale and frightened. He refused to believe what was written and started to crumple the edges as he gripped onto it. 'No way...'

The stationery floated down when Sehun immediately ran out.

“SEHUN-AHHH!!!” Kai yelled.