Werewolves 101

Two Moons And A Werewolf

 

The thunderous knocks behind the door finally died down while you continued chatting with Minho. “So! Tell me about Fenrir! Or, werewolves!”

Minho bent his knees and crossed his arms on top of it. “Well… Fenrir is a planet not too far away from here. It’s pretty much wrapped in violence since the habitants have really bad temper issues.” both of you chuckled. “It got worse when food became scarce. Even the vegans like Taemin had a hard time finding resources.”

“That’s why you went here?” you interrupted.

He nodded. “Yeah… I had to, or I will die as werewolf chow…” he smirked.

You also brought your knees closer and hugged them. “Is it true that werewolves can be killed by silver bullets?”

Minho snorted. “Aigooo Sehee~ You’re watching way too much movies!”

“How would I know? Pft!” you scoffed. “Errmmm… How did you became a werewolf?”

His face turned sullen and glazed. You nudged him. “It’s okay… You don’t have to answer that.”

“Naahhhh…” he took a deep breath. “It runs in the family. Taemin also got it from his parents…”

The sad reality dropped your heart to the pits of your stomach. Minho and Taemin are in it for life like having an incurable disease.

“Well…” he heaved a sigh and kept talking. “A person can also become like us if they get bitten.”

“Jeungmal???” your mouth fell.

“Mhmmm!” he shifted to face you. “If you are bitten, you get the curse. It’s kinda like a virus, or rabies in some animals that if you get bitten, you get rabies…” he gestured. “…and even if you kill the animal, you will not be cured. You still have the virus.”

The thought alone of living the dark life of a werewolf made the hair at the back of your head stand up. You just can’t imagine yourself being someone who kills a person to feed your hunger.

Minho’s mood took a 360 degree turn so you decided to change the depressing vibe. “So! Is it true that if I climb an ash tree when you chase me, I will survive?”

“A what???” he gawked. “Yah! You should stop whatever movie or drama you’re watching! It’s ing ridiculous!” he snickered.

You flashed him an irritated face.

“Look…” he kept snorting. “A part of it is true because werewolves are poor tree-climbers, and that’s the only reason why you are most likely to survive, not by a tree or some ! Tch!”

“Humans have creative minds, you know?!” you chuckled.

Out of nowhere, Taemin snapped and sprinted towards the porch. ‘Hyung! Did you feel that?’

‘!’ Minho instantly stood and grabbed the kids. “Sehee! Get the kids inside! Lock the doors! Close the windows! Don’t let anyone in!”

“Huh??? W-Wae???” you worried.

“Just go! We’ll explain later!” he pushed you towards the door.

‘Uncle Taemin? Uncle Minho? I can hear voices but they’re too far that I can’t understand a thing…’ Kirsten thought.

‘They’re one of us, TenTen! We’ll get them, okay? Don’t worry…’ Minho replied.

‘Auntie Seri, Uncle Tao, and Uncle Zelo are still out there!’ she added.

‘That’s why we need to go now!’ Taemin turned and made a full sprint.

“Sehee! Get inside!” Minho pushed you and closed the door.

The three maknaes leisurely walked the empty streets of the neighborhood, holding big cups of sodas. It was cold, dark, and gloomy since winter season is about to drop. A stray dog tipped over a trashcan, giving rodents free food. Seri let out a squeal and grabbed Tao’s arm.

“Scaredy cat!” he chuckled.

Zelo unknowingly looked over his shoulder while slowly sipping his drink. Years of fighting werewolves left a mark in his brain that smelling the same scent in the air, lit the bulb in his head. ‘Taemin? Minho?’ he turned his head forward. ‘But… They’re at home! And Taemin doesn’t hunt here…’ his hands grew clammy that his drink slipped from his grasp. ‘!’ he grabbed Seri’s wrist and cradled her in his arms. “Hyung! RUUNNNNN!!!”

They also dropped their drinks and ran without knowing why. “Zelo-ah! Wae?” Tao asked.

“Werewolves!” he yelled. “And it’s not Taemin or Minho!”

“WHAT???” they mused.

The feeling of hunger is sufficient to drive an animal to seek prey. Their desire and determination becomes a driving force and nothing can stop them. That’s how two estranged werewolves caught up from the fleeing group despite their superhuman speed.

“This is no use!” Zelo panted. “Hyung! Jump!”

“GOOO!!!” he agreed.

‘Not so fast!’ the wolf grinned.

Both werewolves were triple their size, equally fast and equally strong. One is gray, the other is russet. With perfect timing and finesse, they sprung and each caught Zelo and Tao’s foot. ‘Gotcha!’ says the other.

Seri slipped from Zelo’s clutch and fell a few feet away.

“Hyung! It’s definitely not Minho and Taemin!” BAP’s maknae yelled. “Get Seri out of here! I’ll distract them!”

Warriors indeed are far more experienced fighting those from Fenrir that when Zelo took his stance, the wolves stepped back, intimidated. “Himchan hyung is right! You guys never changed! Losers!”

‘Of all planets! Why Earth? ing Warrior!’ the slightly bigger one fumed.

‘Can we just kill him instead? I’m hungry already!’ the other replied.

They decided to attack Zelo together while Tao went to get Seri.

After cracking his knuckles and bending his head from side to side, Zelo moved in a flash and struck solid jabs on each of their guts.

When they landed, he grabbed the gray wolf’s tail and flung him like throwing a discus. “See you, !” then went to the other. The wolf transformed back into a human, very ill and malnourished. Zelo pressed one knee on his chest and gripped his neck to a choke. “Dude! If you’re hungry, try eating each other! Don’t go somewhere else like a blind a dog in a meat house!”

“ you!” he hissed.

Zelo smirked, and snapped his head. “Who’s ed now?” he spat and left.

Tao looked back before making a jump. “ZEELLLOOOOO!!!” he yelled.

BAP’s maknae turned and saw the russet colored wolf rampaging straight at him. He moved backwards but it already leaped forward, sharp fangs at the ready.

Next thing he knew, he laid with his back against the ground, with Tao on top of him, groaning in pain. “Ffuucckkkk! Urrgghhh!!!”

Zelo moved from behind and assessed the situation. The wolf slid a couple of yards away, Seri passed out, Tao clutch his upper arm with blood running through his fingers. “Oh ! HYUNG!!! Why did you that? Are you crazy?” he shook him.

Tao got bitten and felt the pain in an instant. He curled on his side as if someone stuck molten lava in his arm. The poison also started eating him from inside like a million insects crawling under his skin. “AAHHHH!!! IT HURTS!!! HELP MEEEE!!!” he shouted.

“Hyung! I’m here! I’m getting you home!” Zelo picked him up.

The huge wolf limped back up as if it wanted some more.

Minho came out of nowhere and grabbed his neck with one hand. “What are you doing here? You seem lost!” his eyes narrowed. “Taemin-ah! Take them home! Make sure Tao gets treated right away!”

“NEH!!!” he piggybacked Exo's maknae while Zelo took Seri.

The werewolf shifted back to his human form, smirking at Minho. “You’re here all this time? Uwaaa~ I’m amazed!”

“WHAT.ARE.YOU.DOING.HERE???” he growled.

Just like the first wolf, the guy was physically sick. “The same as you… to feed!”

“Too bad! You’re stepping in my territory and I hate someone stealing my food!” Minho raised him higher, squeezing his neck tighter.

“Fenrir has gone dry! More will come!” the guy smirked.

“I’ll wait for them!” he hissed, and snapped his head so hard, it separated from his body.