Infatuation

Two Moons And A Werewolf

 

It’s another busy afternoon in the bakeshop.

Xiumin and Chen are now joined by Daehyun in the kitchen since Yeonjae took over his spot.

She proved to be equally diligent that the guys even started doting on her. DO gave her packs of pastries before going home. Jongup would tie her apron for her when she’s in a hurry after coming late. Youngjae even volunteered to do her tasks so she can take a break.

“She’s here!” Jongup nodded towards the door.

“Yeonjae-ah! Annyeong!” Himchan waved.

“Oppa! Annyeong~” she beamed.

When the door came to a close, she saw the maknaes in their usual spot, drinking frappes and eating desserts.

Sehun instantly shot up, dusted his sleeves, and fixed the collar of his blazer.

“Dude! Relax!” Tao held his shoulder.

“Oppa! You look great already! Tch!” Seri snorted.

Yeonjae walked over to them with the warmest smile on her face.

“Annyeong haseyo! Do you guys need anything?”

“Nope!” Kai smiled and placed an arm around Sehun’s shoulder. “But I think our maknae does!”

She turned to him. “What is it Sehun-shi?”

Sehun however shot her a glare. “Did you just call Himchan hyung, oppa?”

Zelo slapped his forehead while Kai and Tao looked away. “Oh boy!” the younger one murmured.

“Ehh?” Yeonjae wondered, and Sehun kept a scowl. “Errmmm… Neh! Is there something wrong?”

“Month and year of birth?” he sneered.

Yeonjae looked at his company who pretended to be busy so she was left scratching her nape. “M-May 1994…”

“Call me oppa then!” he demanded.

“Oh… Uhmmm… O-Okay…” she slightly bowed her head. “I-Is there something that you need, Se… I mean, o-oppa?”

Sehun’s face brightened and a huge smile came on. “Nothing! You may get to work!”

“Neeehhhh…” she turned and left to change into her work uniform.

“Hyung! Seriously?” Zelo gave him the look.

“What?” he smirked. “You’re just jealous!”

“Why would I be jealous?” BAP’s maknae retaliated and gently pulled Seri’s chin. “I have my girl right here….” he kissed her afterwards.

“YAH! No kissing in public!” he slammed his fist on the table.

The two kept locking their lips while Tao and Kai laughed at her furious brother. “You should get used to this already! We’ve been together for so long now! Tch!” Tao said.

“Obviously I’m not!” he hissed and turned to watch Yeonjae instead. “Be thankful I’m in a good mood!” he grinned.

Exo’s maknae was noticeably glowing from then on. He can’t leave his eyes off her. His heart soared with just a smile from her.

But he always feel a twinge in his chest every time the guys get touchy with her. A pat on the head from Himchan, a brush of hand from DO while handing a tray, Jongup wiping a sweat from her forehead.

“Aish!” he accidentally kicked Tao’s foot.

“Yah! What the hell?” Exo-M’s maknae hissed.

“Oh! Miahnae…” he pouted. “I just can’t help it!”

“What? To be jealous?” Seri searched his eyes. “Oppa… It’s normal!” she reached out to his hand on the table. “Besides, I can see that she’s the affectionate type. Don’t let it get you, okay?”

Sehun nodded. ‘Since when did everything got difficult? Urgh!’

----------

The maknaes decided to leave first since homework started to pile up. They were already at the door when Sehun looked back but couldn’t find Yeoonjae.

“Hyung! Where’s Yeonjae?” he ran to DO.

“At the back! Taking a break!” DO replied.

Sehun instantly left and went out the front door. “Guys! I’ll be back! Just give me 10 minutes!” he ran to a nearby shop.

“Okay! Make it fast!” Tao yelled.

Yeonjae sat on the pavement behind the bakeshop while eating a club sandwich made by Chen and holding a carton of orange juice. ‘Mmm! This is actually good!’ she took another bite. “Uwaaaa~ Those oppas are really nice. I should do well so they won’t get disappointed.”

“Which oppa?” Sehun came through the back door.

Yeonjae instantly stood with mouth full. “Oh! Ermmm!” her eyes moved downward. “All of them, of course… They’ve been really nice to me and I’m truly grateful…” she chewed slowly.

“Am I included? Do you like my hyungs?” he walked one step closer with hands behind his back.

She raised her head with widened eyes. “Why wouldn’t I? They’re like brothers to me…” she dropped her head once again. “I’m an only child so being around them really feels good…”

Sehun saw her loneliness and hated the fact that her smile disappeared just like that. “Yeonjae-ah… I don’t think my hyungs would mind being treated as brothers…” his lips curled up.

She raised her head back to him also looking happier. “Jinjja?”

“Mhmmm!” Sehun nodded. “But I don’t want you to treat me as a brother though… I wanna be your friend!” he said.

Being the loner in school left Yeonjae with no friends, so Sehun offering it to her was the first and she can’t hold it against herself to accept it. “T-Thank you… I really appreciate it.” she bowed.

Sehun walked another step closer. “I hope you weren’t expecting flowers or anything…”

“Ehhh? Flowers? Oh no! Anything living that’s entrusted to my care dies!” she shamefully admitted.

“Good!” he said and revealed a potted plant with a blossoming rosebud in front of her. “You should make an exception then! If this will die, you also die! Got that?” he warned.

Voices suddenly erupted. “YO SEEEHHUUUNNN!!! LET’S GOOO!!!” the maknaes shouted.

Sehun placed it on her arms while she remained stunned. “Finish your sandwich and don’t forget to water the plant!” she stared at him. “And uhmmm… I have a big crush on you! Bye!” he told her and ran away.

Yeonjae was left hugging the plant since her hands were full with her snacks. ‘What did just happened?’ blinking in confusion was all she could ever do.