Clash

Two Moons And A Werewolf

 

“What did I just say?” Sehun mumbled. “Aish! Idiot!” he kept hitting his head with his knuckles.

“What happened?” Kai asked.

“Nothing! Let’s just go home…” he walked ahead of them.

----------

When evening came, Yeonjae watched with the rest of the guys as Himchan and DO rolled down the metal shutters of the bakeshop. “DO Oppa! Thanks for this! This has become my dad’s favorite!” she raised a box of chocolate chip cookies.

“Oh really? You should take a lot then!” he replied.

“Nah! We don’t wanna spoil him, do we?” she chuckled and bowed to each of them. “Well… I’ll go ahead then… Goodnight oppas!”

“We’ll walk you home!” Xiumin said.

“Yup! It’s dangerous for girls like you wandering around all by yourself!” Daehyun said.

“Ehh? Are you sure?” she asked.

“Of course! Tch!” the two guys chorused.

Youngjae and the rest of them started walking on a different direction. “See you at home, okay?”

“Don’t be late for dinner! You know how Yongguk hyung is when it comes to meals!” Jongup added.

“Neehhhh!!!” they responded.

Yeonjae walked in between Xiumin and Daehyun. Fortunately for them, her house is just a few blocks away.

“Sehee told me why you had to work… Is it true?” Xiumin asked.

“Yeah…” she sighed. “Although there are only three of us in the family, it’s still hard to make ends meet.”

Daehyun ruffled her hair. “Yoenjae-ah… If you need any help, don’t hesitate to come to us, okay?”

“I don’t think there’s a need for that! Working for you guys is enough already. Komawo oppa! You guys are truly a blessing to me…” she smiled.

A cold gust of wind flew by making Xiumin look back. It has that eerie feeling that someone or something is watching them.

Little did he know that Daehyun also sensed it.

They shot each other a warning glare and Xiumin gently placed a hand on Yeonjae’s back. “I think we should go faster! It’s getting cold already. You might get sick…” he reasoned.

When the two guys increased their pace, Yeonjae also tried to keep up.

But given their longer strides, she was already jogging in between them. “Guys? Can we slow down? We’re not in a hurry anyway…” she chuckled.

“I am!” Daehyun joked. “I wanna get home and eat already!” he snickered.

“He’s right, Yeonjae! Daehyun has an obsession with food and we shouldn’t interfere with that!” Xiumin laughed.

“Oh! Very well then!” she continued.

They both blew out an air and kept wary eyes around them.

That’s when their sharp ears picked up heavy puffs of breaths a couple of meters back. “Take her! Go!” Xiumin mouthed.

Daehyun swiftly took Yeonjae’s wrist and pulled her away. “Gaja!!!”

“Ehh? What about Xiumin oppa?” she looked back.

“I left something at the shop! Daehyun will take you home instead!” the older Exo said.

He watched as the two skipped and gain distance from him. After they disappeared in a corner, Xiumin stepped in the middle of the road and firmly stood with feet apart. His cat like eyes was only directed in one direction, straight forward.

As he bent his head from side to side, an image of a huge and ferocious animal came in sight. It was running at full speed, on all fours. Smoke escaped its snout, sharp fangs protruding.

‘It’s true then!’ he smirked. ‘My oh my! It’s been years since my last fight! This should be fun!’ he curled his fists.

As the wolf came closer, its deep sneering grunts were a lot more audible and its burning eyes became visible.

Xiumin appeared tunneled in the werewolf’s line of sight. He was sprinting in the blink of an eye, matching his speed. ‘He’s definitely not human! But whatever! He’s still good enough for a meal since he took my precious meat away!’ the wolf thought.

In current form, Minho can’t consciously try to please a moral code of good. He’s completely out of control. It’s in his blood to kill and eliminate any threats, and Xiumin happens to be one.

With just a meter away from each other, Xiumin jumped over the wolf’s body, grabbing its tail on the way. He hurled the animal that weighed like an SUV into a brick wall with his superhuman strength.

Minho crashed against it and dropped on the ground, whimpering and struggling to stand. ‘Sshhiiittt! Arrrgghhh!’

“Tch! This is easier than I thought!” Xiumin sneered.

‘You wish!’ Minho shook everything that hurt and took a giant leap.

Xiumin had a faster reflex that he managed to sidestep and landed an uppercut on the werewolf’s abdomen. Bones cracked, insides swelled.

Minho once again landed a few feet away on his side.

Werewolves are known as fast healers. Damaged nerves repair at a faster rate which gives Minho an advantage. ‘So you want to play hard huh?’ he stood back up, raised his nose in the air, and howled as if his life depended on it. “AWWOOOOO!!!”

With it, came his much needed strength, agility, and adrenaline. ‘You are so dead mutant!’

Minho sprinted and lunged forward.

Xiumin walked backwards and shot deadly icicles at the wolf who evaded every piece of it. ‘!’

It only took him a single second to realize that he was in trouble. Just as he blinked, Minho’s 10 foot body hovered on top of him, overpowering him, mauling him with his sharp claws.

He instinctively covered his head and fought his way from underneath the raging animal. As he pushed his ankles against the ground, blood oozed from the deep cuts and scrapes through his clothing. Legs, thighs, abdomen, arms, everywhere except from neck down.

Xiumin was bleeding profusely that if the wolf wanted, he can bathe himself at the pool of blood around him.

“HYYUUNNGGG!!!” Daehyun roared.

The BAP member moved with the wind and kicked Minho away. He bent and supported him up. “Hyung! Can you jump?”

“I… I can…t-try…” he winced and clutched his tummy.

‘Not so fast!’ Minho sprung back and thrashed his paws towards Daehyun’s body, making him fly against a dumpster.

Daehyun was filled with fury and hate that he stood up despite the bleeding forehead. He easily uprooted a street pole and used it like a baseball bat against Minho’s head. “How ‘bout I send you flying as well? ER!!!”

Minho indeed flew and landed two blocks away.

Daehyun dropped his makeshift weapon and ran to an almost unconscious Xiumin. “Hyung! Hang in there!” he held his arms and secured him on his back. “Let’s head home, okay?”

As he jumped from houses to houses, his energy and adrenalin started to drain. The blood dripping on his eye also blocked his vision. ‘Almost there… A little more Daehyun!’ he swallowed it all in.

At that point however, Xiumin had already passed out on Daehyun’s back.

Lay just stepped at the final steps of the stairs when his senses kicked in. “Ehh?” he tilted his head, and closed his eyes. ‘Oh !’ he stormed out of the door. “DAEHYUN! XIUMIN HYUNG!!!” he snarled.

Baekhyun saw him running out and followed him as well. “Yah! It’s about time those two came! I’m hungry already!”

Lay was in the yard when he saw Daehyun midair. He kept his eyes on him and ran to where he’s about to land. “Dae! I got you!” he caught them. “What happened?”

“We…Werewolf…” he fainted.

Baekhyun also came to them. “HYUNG!!!” he took Xiumin off Daehyun’s back. “YAH! WAKE UP!”

 “Let’s bring them in!” Lay said.

Kris and Yonnguk was laughing and teasing each other when they two came through the door with their unconscious brothers. “Holy !” Yonnguk took Daehyun off Baekhyun and carried him to the living room. He lowered him on the couch and frantically searched his body. “Oh my God! Who did this? WHOOOO???”

Kris also did the same with Xiumin. He kicked the glass table aside and laid him on the floor. “LAY!!!”

Between the two, it was Xiumin who got the fatal blows. “I’m on it!” the healer kneeled, ripped Xiumin's clothing, and tended his wounds. 

“Dad? What’s going on?” Draco stood at the entrance with a popsicle on hand.

Suho came and carried him out of the room. “Let’s leave the adults for now, okay?”

“What about Unlce Xiumin? He’s hurt!” he worried as they walked up the stairs.

“I know son… But don’t worry! Uncle Lay is the best doctor remember?” Suho rubbed his back.

“Neeehhhh~” the boy replied.