Recovery

Two Moons And A Werewolf

 

Then there’s that weakness of sleeping for so long. Your whole body is drained as if a truck had hit you. Your mind is fuzzy as if you just pulled an all nighter.

However, your sense of hearing became sharp that tiny giggles from the other room are clearly audible. ‘Draco? TenTen?’

You tried to wake up but it seemed like you are still in a dream because your lids refused to open. ‘What’s going on? Why can’t I move?’

You once again attempted by wriggling your toes and it worked. Then, your fingers flinched. Your heart is beating so hard but nothing made sense.

As much as you want to rise and get out of slumber, you can’t. It’s like your soul is very much alive but your body is the total opposite.

Lay came in for his daily rounds when he saw you thrashing your head from side to side. He immediately ran to your side and held your face, wiping the beads of sweat on your forehead. “Hey….Sehee-ah…”

‘L-Lay? E-Eotteokke??? Help me!!!’ you screamed in deep thought.

“Sehee… You gotta calm down!” he warned.

Then you stopped.

He gripped your hand, squeezing your fingers together as he talked to your ear. “You can hear me right?” you slowly nodded. “Good… Just relax, okay? I sedated you and the drug is losing its effect already…”

You nodded and true enough, after a couple of minutes, you can feel your blood rush through your veins, warming your entire system. It was a sudden surge of adrenaline giving energy to a body that has been weakened.

Lay felt your grip became tighter so he leaned closer back to you. “Try to open your eyes…”

Next thing you know, your lids flickered and you instinctively squinted at the brightness of the room.

“Hi…” Lay smiled with his dimples.

The rest of your senses followed. “Hey…” you croaked.

“Good girl…” he beamed. “How are you feeling?”

“L-Like…s-…” you weakly chuckled.

“That’s a good sign.” he tucked strands of hair behind your ear. “At least I know you are very much human!”

Then everything sunk in.

The fall from the top of the tree, being caught by a werewolf, and the bite while he was being chased. “Oh my God Lay! I was bitten! How did it…”

“Sshhhh…” he hushed. “You’re okay now. You didn’t turn into something ugly.” he smirked.

“How???” your eyebrows furrowed.

Then you knew how the venom was removed in your system, how Lay had to sedate you in case Minho's plan failed, and how your body didn’t get any adverse effects from it. “Aside from sleeping for two days, you’re perfectly fine and human.”

You let out a huge sigh of relief.

As you stared blankly into the ceiling, you suddenly remembered the main reason why you ended up in the forest. You suddenly rose and jumped out of bed. “My brother! Luhan! Suho! They were bitten!”

With just a single step, your knees gave up right away.

“Sehee!” Lay caught your arms and pulled you up. “Yah! If you wanna see them, just lemme know! I’d be glad to take you! Aish!”

“Fine! Take me! But how are they?”

You limped beside Lay as he supported you out of the room. “They are immune to the bite but currently going through the same effects when Tao got bitten. Their condition will improve in the coming days…”

“What about the others who were injured?” you asked.

“Xiumin, DO, Chanyeol, and Baek are up and okay! They only suffered fractures and cuts that I managed to fix.” he bragged.

“Thanks Lay! You really are a gift to all of us!” you smiled.

You already reached a door when he stopped and turned to face you. “Sehee-ah… I’m not saying this because I’m complaining…” he firmly spoke, holding your face. “But you have to remember that you are half Force, half human. You have human blood running in your veins and you can’t just go around and keep cheating death. Do you understand what I’m saying?” you nodded with a pout. “I will never get tired of healing you. Never! But until when? You don't have nine lives! Luck is always not on your side! Forces and Warriors even die. You have to think of Draco and TenTen, your siblings!”

Your face fell, even your eyes went to the floor in shame. “But I just wanted to help…”

Lay raised your head up. “I know you mean well… But that’s why Exo and BAP are here. We will help you any way we can and you gotta trust us. Who knows what creatures are out there! They might be worse than werewolves or ninjas!”

“Sorry…” you murmured.

“Promise me that you’ll listen to us starting today!” he said.

You stared into Lay’s eyes and honestly spoke. “Promise…”

“Aigooo~” he moved a step closer and pressed your head over his shoulder. “I think you are by far the boldest girl this planet ever have.” he sighed.

You giggled while hugging him back.

“Yah!” he softly slaps your back. “It’s not even a compliment!”

“Oh! Hehehe!” you chuckled.

Lay pulled away, taking your wrist and tugging you towards a room. “I’m pretty sure your husbands are dying to see you already…”