My last day in New York

Kevin's Childhood Friend, AJ's Classmate, and Eli's Adoptive Sister Say What?!

 

"_________, we're sending you to South Korea to live with your brother."

My brother? "I have a brother?" I asked them confused. 

"Well actually, our son, your step brother. But your basically family to us so yeah, your brother." My mom said, somewhat excited.

"Oh, wait, why do I have to go all the way over there?"

"Well, we're tired of leaving you alone. We know you’re all grown up now but we would still like you to meet your brother and get to know him. He has friends over there and their very welcoming."

"But I still go to school. What am I gonna do about that? I can't just take off out of the blue."

"We already talked to the Dean. You'll be attending college in South Korea. We applied for you and everything. Your credits will be transferred over there as well and you can still take the same classes. Everything is already set."

"But where am I gonna live?"

"We already bought an apartment for you. It's actually right next to your brother and his friend's apartment. That way, you guys can see eachother and hang out more easier."

"But umma, this is too soon. I still have friends here. I don't want to move. When are we suppose to be leaving?"

"Friday."

"FRIDAY?! But.. That's two days from now! You couldn't tell me this sooner!?" My parents jumped back a bit, shocked at my sudden outburst. 

"We're sorry sweetie. We had to get everything situated and prepared for you."

I sighed. It took me a while to settle everything in. I can't believe this was really happening..

"Does he know..? Does my br.. Step brother know? Did you tell him?" I asked them. 

"We told him about it a month ago. He talked to his roommates and their already prepared to meet you."

"His roommates? Exactly how many are there?" 

"Uhm, including your brother, 7." 

"7?! O.O that's not gonna be weird at all." I said sarcastically. 

My mom walked over to me and held my hand. "________, they'll be like brothers to you. Their really nice and caring. It'll be okay." She then smiled. I gave her a small smile and nodded. 

"Alright. I'll go.." Both my parents cheesed like crazy and pulled me in for a group hug. "This is just getting awkward. You guys can stop now.." They let go of me but that smile of theirs never left their faces. 


"________?" My parents and I looked over to who was calling me. It was Isabelle. 

"Oh, hey Isabelle. These are my parents. Guys, this is Isabelle, my roommate." They shook hands and greeted eachother. 

"We'll leave you two alone. ________, we'll be back Friday to pick you up, okay? Be prepared and packed." My dad said then left with my mom trailing behind him. 

"So..." Isabelle began. I knew what she was about to ask. Before she could go on, I stopped her. 

"Call everyone and tell them to meet us at the coffee shop." She looked confused but nodded and started texting everyone. I might as well get this over with now. 

 


 

"Yo ________! Isabelle! Whats sup?!" Jayden shouted as he entered the coffee shop with the rest of the crew. Everyone sat down around me and Isabelle. 

Once everyone started calming down, I got straight to the point. 

"I'm moving to South Korea. I'm leaving Friday morning." Silence fell upon all of us. Everyone looked at me wide eyed. 

Jayden, as usual, was the first to break the silence. "Your moving..? So soon? You can't be serious?" I sighed and nodded. 

"When do I ever joke around with you guys?" I asked them. They all looked at each other then back at me. Once everyone realized I wasn't playing around, they all started bombing me with questions. 

"Why so soon?!"

"Friday?! That's two days away!"

"Why are you moving!??"

"What about school?!"

"What about all of us!?"

"You can't stay a little while longer??"

"Where are you gonna be living??"

"Do you even know anyone over there??"

Every one just kept talking at once. It started giving me headache. I slammed my fist on the table and yelled "SHUT UP!" Everyone quieted down immediately. Finally..

I continued on and told them, "Long story short, I'll be living next to my brother. He lives in apartment with his roommates. My parents already bought the apartment so I can't back out now. I just found out this morning. I'll be going to school over there as well. My parents talked to the Dean and made sure my credits here will transfer over there. That's all I'm saying." 

Knowing how I am, everyone just nodded in agreement. I stood up and told them I had to start packing and that I'll see them later. 

 


 

I finished packing sooner than I expected. The next day I hung out with my friends all day. They really wanted to cherish the moment since I was leaving the next morning. We did just about everything you could think of. 

Skating. Mall. Karaoke. Park. Eat. 

It was a long and crazy day. Soon enough, the day just had to end. 

“We’re really gonna miss you _____.” Jayden began. Everyone started nodding their heads in agreement. “Even though you can be mean at times, we all have grown on you.. ___-“ 

I cut him off. I knew exactly where this was going. “Stop.” Everyone looked at me a bit surprised. I sighed. “I know what you guys are gonna say. The old ‘goodbye, I’ma miss you’ speech. I get it. You don’t have to say anymore.” I stated bluntly. 

“Bu-“ 

“That’s enough Jayden. I know I don’t say this much or at all actually, and this will be the only time I will show this side of me, so listen carefully.” Everyone all looked up at me, anticipating what I was gonna say next. “All of you have made this day very special and memorable for me. Even though I can be mean at times, I’m very grateful that all of you are here and that I met y’all. You guys have become great friends that I won’t forget for sure. I’ll do my best to keep in contact with each and every one of you but I’m not making any promises. None of you have to say anything. A simple goodbye hug will do just fine. Does everyone understand?” 

After I was finished, I looked around at everyone. All of them, even the guys were crying. Oh great.. Just my luck. I’m not so good at making people feel better when they’re crying. 

Before I knew it, all of them ran over to me and pulled me in for a group hug. 

“Yahh! I said a simple goodbye hug! Who said all of you could hug me all at once?!” I screamed at them. They all laughed and squeezed me tighter. Soon enough, I started laughing with them. 

After a while, we parted ways. I went to my dorm with Isabelle. She fell asleep pretty quick. It took me a while to fall asleep.

I kept thinking about how my step brother was gonna be like.

Was he gonna accept me?

Will he hate me? 

What about his roommates? There’s 7 of them for crying out loud. 

What if they don’t like me?

What if they think I’m weird or something? 

I kept thinking, never ending thoughts and questions running through my head til I finally drifted off to dreamland. 

 

 


Chapter 9 is up (: Sorry it's a short chapter but I hope you guys like it anyways (: So she's finally on the plane, heading for Korea to meet U-Kiss! What happens when she gets there? What happens when she finally sees Kevin? What's gonna happen then? Stay tuned ~ !

And yes, the next chapter, she will meet the guys (: 

Well, enjoy, comment, and subscribe! Please and thank you:D