Flashback

Kevin's Childhood Friend, AJ's Classmate, and Eli's Adoptive Sister Say What?!

Flashback

Yay! My bestfriend Kevin just invited me for dinner with his family! They always invite me over but this time, he said it was special. He apparently told me to dress up and look very nice.. Hmm, well it doesn't matter because I just can't wait to eat! Hahaha 

It's alot better than eating alone at home. Aish... I never see my parents so I'm always by myself. ? Not really. I'm used to it by now. 

Well, it's about time to go meet up with Kevin. Oh yeah, before I forget, Kevin has never been to where I live. He's never been over nor even been on my street! Everytime we go out, I always tell him to meet me by the park near his house which is only up the street from mines! Too bad he doesn't know that hehe Well, it's not that I don't trust Kevin at my house, but I just rather not deal with all the questions. I know how he is and he'll definitely continue with questions and give me that sad, sympathy look which I hate! So yeah, it's better if he didn't know.

Soon, I finally reached the park! I see Kevin sitting on a bench. Hmm.. Let's have some fun with this.. 

I tip toe behind him quietly, not wanting him to hear my heels clatter.

"YAH!!" I scream in his year. He jumped, fell over the bench, and screamed..like a girl! Hahah! His face reaction was priceless! "Hahahaaha!" I continued to laugh while he looked at me confused.

Once he realized what just happened, he quickly got up, pouted, then said "_________! You scared me! Aishh, what am I gonna do with you?" 

"Dude! You should have seen your face! Priceless! Hahaha if only I had a camera!"

"I am so gonna get you >.<" I stopped laughing for a moment cause when he says that, he actually means it! He looked at me with a smirk.. That smirk.. I knew what he was gonna do.. Before thinking anymore, I ran for it! Kevin chased me around the park but because of my heels, I wasn't fast enough, and soon, he catched up to me. He grabbed me from behind and picked me up.

"HA! I got you!"

"No fair! That's only cause I'm wearing heels!"

Instead of saying anything back, Kevin started tickling me and spinning me around. 

"Hahahah- oh my go- Kevi- Okay! Okay! I'm shaha sorr- haha y!" 

He finally got off of me and smiled successfully. "Ah, the power of my long fingers." 

I got up, unwrinkling my dress then pouted. "Your mean >.< Aish, anyways, how do I look?"

He turned his head, looked me up and down, smiled then said "Beautiful."

I blinked a few times, because that's actually the first time he said that to me. I felt myself blushing a little bit but instead of showing it, I just said, "Cheesy." We both laughed then headed to Kevin's place. 


By the time we got there, the food was already done and served. Everyone greeted me lightly and playfully. 

"Your late young lady." Kevin's dad said to me then patted my head.

"Appa! My hair" I pouted. Kevin's dad just responded with a laugh. Oh! By the way, I call Kevin's parents appa and umma because that's just what they prefer me to call them. "Sorry, it was Kevin's fault. He kept chasing me around the park." I then glared at Kevin.

"Hey! If you didn't sneak up on me then I wouldn't have done that, and especially tease me!" He glared back.

"Well it's not my fault you scream like a girl." I stuck my tounge out

"Ahh, kids at heart. So cute to see you guys like this." Kevin's umma said.

Soon after, we started eating. After dinner, we all gathered in the living room. Everyone's expression that were once happy and alive, turned depressing and sad. It was just silence that fell upon us.

"________.." Kevin started. I turned to him and nodded my head for him to continue. "I'm moving to Korea. For good. It's just gonna be my mom and I though. My sister and dad are staying. I'm sorry this is last minute but it's just something I have to do.. I'm sorry." 

I was shocked. I looked around and everyone didn't dare to make eye contact with me. I felt a big lump in my throat.. I knew I was on the verge of crying but I held it in. I took a deep breath, and said "It's okay. I understand. It we won't be able to finsih high school together but I'm thankful to have a friend like you. When are you leaving by the way?"

Without looking at me, he said "Sunday." A week from now. It seems so far but so close. Why so soon? That's not enough time for me to say goodbye..

Like he read my mind, he grabbed my hands. "We'll be able to spend as much time with eachother until then. I promise. I have everything planned out."

I just smiled and nodded. 


The week passed by very quickly. Kevin and I spent as much time together as we could. I actually slept over the whole week. We went to the park, movies, mall, and just about everywhere you can think of. We even cooked breakfast together too! It was fun, but it soon had to end. 

Sunday came quicker than expected. I was standing on the sidewalk, with Kevin, watching his family load the car with suitcases. I looked at Kevin on the corner of my eye. He was crying. Well, actually he's been crying for the past hour or so. I knew this would happen. I reached down for Kevin's hand and took it. He looked at me with those small, watery, red eyes. "It's okay Kevin. Everything will be oka-" I was cut off when Kevin pulled me in for a hug. I was shocked at first, but came to my senses and wrapped my arms around Kevin's small waist. 

He buried his head into my neck as I did the same with him. I could feel his tears soaking my shirt. While still holding eachother, he asked, "Why aren't you crying?"

I frowned but didn't let him see me. "Because I'm stronger than you are." I tried my best not to let my tears flow down.

"Are not."

"Are too."

"Are no-" His words got cut off by more of his cries. 

We were too in the moment until his family came up to us. We pulled apart, and I gave everyone a hug. Kevin of course didn't stop crying. He grabbed my hand and put it to his chest, "No matter what, you'll always be my best friend." I smiled and nodded. Kevin's mom told him it was time to go. He asked to give us a second. They nodded and went to the car. I looked at him with a confused look. "What is it, Kevin?" I asked.

He pulled me in for another hug, and whispered "I love you." 

I giggled. "I love you too Kevin." He let me go and looked at me with a serious expression. 

"No, I mean, I love you more than a friend." I looked at him with wide eyes. He pulled me in for another hug and whispered "Please, don't forget me." 

Before I could react or even say anything, he let go and ran into the car. As they drove off, I could see Kevin look back at me. 

I reached back to my apartment. As soon as I closed the door, the tears I had held in, finally came out. I fell on the floor and cried everything out. Soon enough, I drifted off to sleep, on the living room floor. 

 

 


Wooo! I'm finally done with my first chapter! How did you like it? Sorry if it's not good! Like I said, I'm making all of this up on the spot, so I literally just typed all of this at the top of my head in an hour. LOL Well yeah, the next chapter should be posted this week. Hopefully by Wednesday! So please, comment and subscribe (: I'd love to hear your thoughts on my first story :) Well, I'm just babbling on and on so I'll go now haha bye bye! 

SPOILER! The next chappie, she'll be meeting a certain U-Kiss member hehe ;) 

Enjoy, comment, and subscribe (: !