The Saint and The Guardian.

Breaking Tradition: The Impure Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♪ all for you

“Sorry but we’re only looking for experienced servers.” The manager replied, holding the entrance open for Aejin. “But I sincerely hope someone hires you. You’re a very nice person.”

“I understand, thank you anyways.” She answered before bowing and making her leave. When the door closed, Aejin pulled out a list and crossed the restaurant’s name off. “That’s the sixth time today I’ve been rejected because of my lack of experience.” After doing that, she stuffed the list back into her bag and took out the newspaper page with all the job offers printed on it. She had a system of picking where she would apply and the places she wouldn’t mind being employed at.

It worked like this, all the boxes with stars scribbled next to them were ones located within at least half a mile of her current home and less than two miles away from her university; they were also her top choices. The ones with the hearts were the ones she really liked as well but were located a bit further and finally the ones with the dots placed next to them were her last choices. Aejin had no idea how her schedule was going to look like in the future but all she knew was that she had to manage everything around her classes and Minwoo’s school hours since he would be attending school soon.

“Why must this be so complicated?” Aejin sighed as she started walking in search for the address of the next place she’d check out. She was not paying mind to where she was walking as she yanked her scarf over her face and fiddled with her pen in between her fingers. She was humming a soft tune, when a laughing man came out of a nearby coffee shop with his friends and bumped into her.

“Joehsonghapnida,” “Shilleyhapnida,” they both cited in harmony. The laughter suddenly stopped and sensing unfamiliar eyes settling on her, Aejin became self-conscious and hung her head low.

“Look how polite they are.” One man muttered to another, nudging the lad’s side.

“I know. I’ve never seen anyone as mannered as Suho hyung,” the second agreed.

“Chen, Kai, that’s because you two were raised as animals,” a third snickered, shutting them both up.

“Are you okay, agasshi?” Suho asked concerned.

“Ah, I am.” Aejin replied lifting her head up a bit to catch sight of Suho’s smiling face. When she saw how handsome he was, she immediately glanced somewhere else and cleared . “How about yourself?”

“I’m more than okay,” he beamed, enjoying her soft and sweet voice. She sounded like a beautiful melody to him.

“Well, if that’s so, I should be going then. Sorry again,” she declared and without waiting for anyone to say anything, she her heels and resumed her departure. Aejin looked left, right and then left again before crossing the street. As she was doing so, Suho’s eyes never tore away from her figure.

“Aw, should’ve gotten her number, hyung.” Kai tsked in disapproval.

“Yah, Kim Jongin.” A threatening voice warned.

“But what he said was right! It’s clear our Suho here is smitten.” Chen defended.

“Jongdae, no one asked you.”

“Whoa, Yixing. First you used our nicknames now our real names? Don’t be like that! Xiumin hyung, help us!” Chen pouted.

“Aish, you guys are annoying! Let’s go get pizza like we planned.” The eldest instructed as he walked in the same direction Aejin had gone. They all followed suit except Suho who was now dazed out. “Suho! Are you going to come?”

“Neh!” he replied before shaking his head and running after them.

For at least five minutes, the herd of starving men strolled beside Aejin since they were located on the sidewalk opposite to hers. They were joking around, already forgetting about her existence. However, Suho remembered her as he watched her staring at the sheet of paper in her hands. He smiled to himself and although he couldn’t see her face, he still thought she looked cute doing that. Soon though, they arrived at the pizza joint Xiumin talked about earlier and that meant this was the end of the show for Suho.

As he was about to enter, he stopped upon the view of Aejin approaching a man sitting on the concrete floor. From his unshaved beard, messy hair and raggedy clothes it was obvious that he was a beggar. Suho’s heart then swelled seeing her personally delivering the money into the man’s hand instead of stuffing it into his cup like most people would’ve done.

A bright smile sprawled across the beggar’s face and Suho swore she was a saint. But it was at the moment when Aejin unraveled the scarf keeping her warm and wrapped it around the man that he knew she was an angel. Although, he was a tad disappointed because he wasn’t able to see her face. Polite and kind? What a woman.

The beggar began bowing but Aejin quickly stopped him, “That’s not necessary.” She told him, not wanting by passers to misinterpret the scene.

“You are too kind, agasshi. Your parents must be so proud to have a warm-hearted and generous daughter such as yourself. God bless your soul.” He praised and although Aejin should’ve been happy, she wasn’t. All she could do was send him a small, meek smile.

“Please take care of your health and stay well.” She bowed and when she started leaving, Suho ran over to the same beggar as well.

Being much closer, he could see how dirty the man was. He was also shivering, causing Suho to frown with sympathy and his heart to quiver in agony. Next, he removed his jacket without reluctance. “Sir, why don’t we make a trade,” he began.

The unclean man looked at him with curiosity, “And what kind of trade will that be, young man?”

Suho crouched down, “I’ll give you this jacket and all the money i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter