I’m Sorry.

Breaking Tradition: The Impure Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♪ biting my lower lip

“Are you going to tell me what happened or shall we continue to sit here in silence?” Suho inquired as he placed his mug of tea onto the table.

Aejin nibbled on the insides of her cheeks and sighed afterwards. “I don’t really know where to start,” she confessed.

Suho reached for the woman’s hand and placed his own on top in a comforting manner. “Wherever you feel comfortable, okay?”

She sent him a small and shy smile feeling his warmth spread throughout her entire being. Quickly, Aejin scrounged together the courage she could find and took in a deep breath. “Yesterday I went missing because that crazy man showed up at the university and basically kidnapped me.”

“You’re talking about Kim Hyunil, right? The same guy who’s been nothing but a hassle for us?” Suho cut in, his brows bunched in disdain.

“Mhm,” she nodded in confirmation.

“He didn’t hurt you or anything, did he?” He questioned, his grip on her unconsciously tightening.

“Ani,” she answered. “We just talked I guess. Well, he did and I just listened. And it was more like him making threats.”

“Threats?” Suho repeated in disbelief. He could feel the natural instinct of becoming over-protective surface as he clenched his jaw shut. Threats were never good. They were typically hostile and dangerous; two things he did not want Aejin to be associated with. Not if there was anything he could do about it. “What did he threaten you with? Did he say that he’d hurt you? Hurt Minwoo?”

Aejin could sense how angry the man had gotten and lowered her head while she averted her gaze. “He didn’t say anything of that sort.” She mumbled.

Relief flooded Suho’s body but the uneasiness was still present. “So what did he say then?”

“Joonmyun,” Aejin whispered, not looking his way.

“Aejin, look at me.” He softly ordered but she refused and kept her eyes fixated elsewhere. With nothing else left to do, Suho stood up and planted himself in front of her. She was about to turn away again but he cupped her face and held her in place. “Tell me, Aejin. Share your burden with me, please.”

“I—” She closed her eyes and gathered her thoughts. “Joonmyun, he didn’t threaten to do anything to me or Minwoo,” she hoisted her eyelids upwards and swallowed as she locked eyes with him. “He threatened to ruin you.”

“Excuse me?” Suho drew back, more than baffled.

“That’s why I didn’t want to tell you. This is why I wasn’t supposed to tell you.” Aejin muttered.

“How would he ruin me? And what do you mean by you weren’t supposed to tell me? Why wouldn’t you tell me this sooner?” Next, he lifted her chin up and their gazes met.

“Because I didn’t want you to get hurt, Joonmyun. I’m not worth losing your café over.” She finally admitted, her eyes beginning to water.

“I’m not going to lose my café, nor am I going to lose you or Minwoo.” Suho assured as a hand moved up to caress her cheek. “So don’t cry and don’t you dare say you’re not worth it. What did he want you to do in order for him to leave me alone?”

Aejin swallowed and stared into his beautiful orbs. The answer to his question caused her heart to clench; it was that heart-breaking. “He wanted me to listen to him. He wanted me to leave you; go back to my own life and pretend like I’ve never met you.”

“And you were actually considering it?” Suho questioned, hurt.

“For your safety and future, I would do anything.” She justified, placing her hand over his. “You’ve done so much already. How selfish would I be if I just allowed Hyunil to destroy everything you’ve worked so hard on because of me?”

“But you can’t decide on matters as big as this on your own, Aejin. I know you feel like a burden to me but you aren’t. I told you to share

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter