Being a Friend.

Breaking Tradition: The Impure Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♪ second confession

“Ah kamsahamnida, Mrs. Kam.” Suho bowed to the middle-aged woman who sent him a kind smile in return.

She peered over his shoulder and watched as the two children pulled the blanket up to Aejin’s chin. “It’s no problem, young man. Aejin is a sweet girl, I’d do anything for her. Just make sure she has something warm to eat when she wakes up. She must have been very exhausted for her body to give out on her like that. The immune system is usually at its weakest when malnutrition is present.”

“Ah neh. I’ll be sure to prepare something for her to eat. I’m just thankful you were home or else she would be still wearing her wet clothes. I was actually looking for your daughter but you’re just as golden.” Suho chuckled.

“My daughter?” Mrs. Kam repeated, befuddled. “I live alone. My daughter lives with her husband out in Busan. But how do you know her?”

“B-Busan?” he stuttered, feeling embarrassed. And she’s already married? How does that even make her Minwoo’s noona? I remember him clearly telling me she lived underneath him in the same apartment Mrs. Kam resides in... If she’s not even here, who was the noona he was talking about? “Oh, I heard Minwoo talking about her one time.”

It wasn’t a complete lie...he guessed.

“Is that so? Hm, he must have seen the photos when I babysat him.” the woman nodded in comprehension. “Well, anyways, make sure you get yourself changed as well. I left my husband’s old clothes next to the closet.”

“I will. Thank you once again.” Suho then closed the door and exhaled, still a little bewildered at his new findings.

“Will omonim be okay, samchon?” Miyoung questioned as she scooted in closer to Minwoo to make sure he was alright as well.

Suho looked at the two children and sighed, “I think she caught a fever from running around in drenched clothes and being tired. We should let her sleep for a bit first.”

“Does that mean you’re going to leave now?” Minwoo sniffled as he stuck his hand under the blanket and held onto Aejin’s hand.

“Of course not,” Suho announced as he kneeled down across from them. “I can’t leave now; if I do who will watch you while she’s unconscious?”

“I can take care of myself,” the child muttered almost pridefully. “If samchon is worrying about omma, you should just say it. I am.”

“Yeah, Suho samchon. I agree with Minnie. If you’re scared Aejin omonim will get sicker, you could just tell us.” Miyoung agreed.

“Eh?” the man coughed as his eyes widened. “W-what are you kids talking about? I am worried about her. Didn’t you see me taking care of her just now?” Miyoung and Minwoo exchanged knowing glances before they sighed in synchronization and shook their heads. It was silent and all that was audible was Aejin’s shallow breathing.

Great, even with the children he was being an awkward fool. Suho didn’t know what was wrong with him as he groaned and ruffled his hair agitatedly. He felt so confused, so out of the loop and Kim Joonmyun never experienced such stagnant emotions especially not over a woman he had barely known for days.

His eyes were wandering around the tiny apartment before they landed on the pants and shirt Mrs. Kam had given to him. He touched his wet clothes and decided it would be best if he changed out of them as well. Without another word, he picked the clothes up and made his way to the bathroom which wasn’t all that difficult to locate. As he shut the door, he pressed his back against it and inhaled through his nose and exhaled through his mouth. “What are you doing here?” he whispered to himself.

Once Suho had changed into the plain white t-shirt and black sweatpants he had been offered, he folded his own clothes and found a bag to store them in. The rain was still pouring outside and thunder could be heard. Next, he went over to the window and peeked through the blinds. Suho’s mouth parted and he was stunned to come face to face with a gigantic billboard. The corner of his lips naturally curled downwards as he retreated. How upsetting it must be for Aejin to have to wake up every morning to a hindered view of the sunrise and sunset.

Suho was positive she would have certainly enjoyed the sight if it hadn’t been for the huge poster in her way. He then recalled Mrs. Kam’s words about having food prepared for Aejin when she woke up and his head whirled to the small refrigerator positioned to neighbor the stove. “Would could I make?” he mumbled as he opened the door.

His options were rather limited since he was only able to find eggs, celery, carrots, kimchi in a container and a small slab of beef.

After he rummaged through her cupboards and was able to pull out two more ingredients he could use to prepare something small for the ill patient. However, he heard unsettling grumbles and looked back at the two children who were red as beets now. “Are you guys hungry?” he inquired and they did not hesitate to answer with vigorous nods. Suho turned his attention back to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter