Tainted, Dirty, Impure.

Breaking Tradition: The Impure Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You really followed her all the way to Chonju, Kangjun? Do you realize how far you are?!”

Kangjun held the phone away from his ear, not wanting his ear drums to burst. Although the electronic device was half a foot away, his hyung on the other end was yelling so loud it was like he speaking through a megaphone.  

When things calmed down, he found it safe to bring the phone back to his ear. “Yah, yah. Hyunil hyung! You told me to follow her.” Kangjun shot back.

“Yes, just when she leaves her house to go to the store or something. Not if she goes out of the city!” Hyunil pointed out.

“You said or something! That wasn’t specific enough.” He whined.

“You’re like a damn stalker,” Hyunil sniggered. “Get back here right now. I don’t need her to be creeped out.”

Kangjun straightened himself out, “I can’t. The next bus doesn’t come until Friday morning. But hyung, you never answered my question. Why are you having me follow her around? Don’t you know she has a son?”

It was silent.

“Yeah, I got that. I met them last week when I was heading to Kris’s party, you know.”

“You did?” Kangjun inquired. “But you didn’t mention anything. Plus, that still makes no sense. If you met her already, why are you having me do this? She seems like a nice woman. Can’t you leave her alone?”

Hyunil scoffed on the other end. “Nice woman? Andwae! She called your hyung stupid! She said I was miserable and lonely and—”

“A cry baby?” the younger lad cut in.

“Yah!” Hyunil cried. “I’m not a baby.” He grumbled.

“You sure are acting like one, hyung. Just leave her alone. I like her; I don’t want you to do anything cruel to her.” Kangjun stated.

“You— like her?” Hyunil repeated. “You can’t like her, Kangjun! It’s not allowed!”

“Whoa, I meant I like her as a person. Remember, she has a son?” he reminded.

Hyunil relaxed, “Well if you can’t come back to Seoul, I guess you can keep an eye on her.”

“What, why? I don’t want to be a stalker anymore.” Kangjun complained. “We don’t even know her name.”

“It’s Aejin, Park Aejin. That’s her name.” Hyunil announced.

“That’s kind of creepy.” Commented Kangjun.

“Hey, no woman insults me, the Kim Hyunil, and gets away with it. Son or no son, I’m going to make her kneel and kiss my feet.” he proclaimed.

“Isn’t that a little overboard. Why did she even insult you anyways? You must have done something.” Kangjun defended.  

“I didn’t do anything! I was just driving and then this kid just— I’m not explaining! Just keep an eye on her.” He instructed, aggressively before he ended the call.

Kangjun frowned at the phone and shook his head. “Why is he so worked up all of a sudden? He should be calmer. Yeesh, at least then he wouldn’t get insulted.”

“Minwoo, come on. We’re taking the taxi!” Kangjun heard Aejin holler. His head snapped towards her voice and he saw her trying to pry Minwoo from the vending machine.

“But I’m hungry! I want candy!” Minwoo yelled.

“You can have some when we’re in the car.” Aejin bargained.

“Ani! I saw the snacks you bought, there was no candy!” he exclaimed.

Her face became red as she let him go, “You looked through my bags?!”

“I. Don’t. Care. I want candy!”

“Choi Minwoo!” she screamed. “Let go or I’m going to leave you here!”

Kangjun raised his brows hearing her say that, wow maybe she isn’t so nice.

“ANDWAE! Don’t leave me!” Minwoo demanded as he hurried over to Aejin, grabbing her hand.

She recognized the fear in his eyes and she softened. How could she threaten him with something like that? Wasn’t his mother doing that once enough? “I wasn’t going to. I’m sorry for saying that. Just—come on. We should go. I promise we’ll get candy soon.”

“Okay,” Minwoo resigned as he slithered inside the vehicle. Before Aejin got in, for some reason she scanned the premises when her eyes landed on Kangjun, she was surprised to find him looking her way.

“Weird.” she muttered, closing the door.

“Oh no! Wait!” Kangjun reacted too late and before he knew it the taxi the supposed mother and son were in sped off. He slapped his thigh and ruffled his hair. “I don’t even know this place. What am I going to do?”

[♦] [♦] [♦]

“Okay, Minwoo when you meet my parents you have to be respectful. You have to watch what you say and be polite. You can’t whine or cry. Got it?”

Minwoo blinked at Aejin as they sat in the car. “I don’t whine or cry.” He harrumphed.

Aejin rolled her eyes, “Really now?”

“Really.” He confirmed sticking his chin up.

“If you say so. Thanks sir, here’s your money.” Aejin handed the amount she owed as she hopped out of the taxi. Minwoo came after her and once she closed the door, the car vanished down the road.

The sun was just beginning to set and the view was phenomenal.

She sighed and her grip on the handle of her suitcase tightened. Her heart was beginning to palpitate. She had no idea how her parents were going to react once they saw Minwoo. She could only pray for the best.

You can do this, Aejin. Just tell them the truth and they’ll understand your situation. Hey, they’re your parents, they love you. I’m sure they won’t turn a blind eye to him just because he’s Hyomin’s son. They’ll help, I know they will.  She breathed in through her nose and then out through .

Her arm raised, ready to knock the wooden door however it had flew open before she even made contact with it. “Aejin-ah!” Mrs. Park squealed with joy. She engulfed her daughter into a bone-crushing hug as she grinned from ear to ear, giving no mind to the little boy besides Aejin.

Immediately after, her father came into view. “My good and sweet girl, there you are.” he chimed with a soft smile.

“Abeoji,” Aejin greeted.

Mrs. Park then released Aejin and finally noticed Minwoo. She blinked at her daughter and then the stranger. She glanced at Mr. Park who was currently pinching his brows together.

Their offspring noticed their displeased expressions and swallowed. This was going to be more harder than she expected. “I can explain.” Aejin assured.

They looked at each other and then back at the two outsiders on their doorsteps. Mr. Park his heels first and left. Then Mrs. Park stepped to the side, permitting them entrance into her humble home.

Aejin held her head low and slipped out of her shoes. She pushed her baggage to the side and then helped Minwoo. He was awfully quiet which was even a surprise to her. “We’ll be in the living room, dear.” Her mother said. The eagerness from before seemed to have disappeared completely.  

When she was gone, Aejin exhaled deeply. She didn’t know what to think at this point. “They’re your omma and appa?” Minwoo whispered. She nodded and ed his jacket. She removed her own after and hung them in the closet where the coats always went. She was starting to get nervous, second-guessing the prediction she had made earlier.

Aejin was hesitating on whether

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter