Turn of Events.

Breaking Tradition: The Impure Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What do you mean?” Hyunil gnarled, slamming his palms against the table. Rage coursed through his body and it looked like he was ready to pop a vein within the next five seconds. “Why can’t I purchase that building? Is the owner refusing to sell it to me? Who is he? Was the offer too low for him? How much does he want? What about his house?”

The man standing on the other side of the desk hung his head low and chewed on his bottom lip. He was too scared to answer his superior’s questions. “I asked you something, Yonghyun!” Hyunil screamed, more than furious by this point in time. “Who the hell owns that building Kim Joonmyun is using?”

“W-well,” Yonghyun stammered as his hands and legs began to tremble.

“Look at me and speak clearly or considered yourself unemployed!” His boss ordered.

As he inhaled a deep breath, Yonghyun forced himself to lift his head up. He then locked eyes with Hyunil, even though he didn’t really want to. “The owner of the building, along with the house he’s residing in, is Kim Joonmyun,” he finally informed. “He bought the building a while back and just paid it all off last year and well his house was sold to him by his brother-in-law.”

“What?” Hyunil flexed his jaw while his hands transformed into fists. “He owns the freaking building and house? I thought you said you were positive he was renting them! You moron! Now I know why he was so confident going against me! He knew I couldn’t touch his business or kick him out of his house from the start. God, this is a load of crap! You’re fired!”

Yonghyun’s eyes widened as she shook his head. “No, please don’t do this to me, general manager. I really need this job. You said you weren’t going to fire me if I answered you.”

“When did I say that? I just said if you didn’t answer me at that moment you’d lose your job. Do you realize that you made me look like a complete imbecile? Kim Joonmyun must have been laughing when you showed up as my representative wanting to buy his building!” Hyunil barked; his pride was damaged a great deal. There was no doubt about that.

“Get out! Don’t make me summon security and have to watch as they drag you out of here.”

Yonghyun didn’t want to leave though. He had a family to take care of. He couldn’t afford to lose this source of income. If he had to get down on his knees and beg, he would do it. And that was what he was planning to do until the door was thrown open. “Chair-chairman.” The employee quickly bowed to show the man who ran the entire corporation some respect.

“You may leave, Mr. Song.” The elder declared.

“B-but sir,” he stuttered.

“Do not worry, you are not fired.” Chairman Kim assured.

“Abeoji! You can’t do that!” Hyunil repudiated. He did not like to be belittled, especially not in front of other people.

“You shut your mouth, Kim Hyunil!” His father shouted. “Now please carry on with your work, Mr. Song. I would like to speak with the general manager in private.”

“Y-yes. Thank you so much sir.” Yonghyun bowed three consecutive times before he scurried out of the tense office, shutting the door on his way out.

“How could you do that? He was my employee!” Hyunil sniggered as he stalked over to his father. Next, a hand swatted his cheek and caused his head to swivel to the side.

“I warned you, didn’t I?” Chairman Kim questioned. “I told you to get yourself together but what are you doing right now? You’re still using the company and the employees, whom I pay to help this business flourish, however you please? This isn’t your playground, Hyunil. You can’t keep doing this.”

“And what if I do? What are you going to do about it, abeoji? That’s right nothing!” He scoffed.

“And who told you that?” The elder shook his head. He did not like nor did he approve of his son’s ill behavior. He was truly fed up with all of the shenanigans going on. It was clear as day that Hyunil was abusing his position and his father couldn’t have that kind of thing taking place right under his nose anymore. He had turned a blind-eye for too long and now he had to put an end to it.

If he were to leave everything to his son, including his company (the company he had put in a lot of sweat and blood into) there was no doubt in his mind that it would all go to waste. He had to think of the future. He had to do what was best for the company and the thousands of people who depended on it. “You’re fired,” Chairman Kim proclaimed. “Pack your personal items. I want you out of this office as soon as possible.”

Hyunil’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter