Really, Really Cursed.

Breaking Tradition: The Impure Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♪ marshmellow

“Noona, why did God make homework?” Minwoo pondered as Aejin stirred the simply made kimchi fried-rice they were going to have for dinner in a pot. She crinkled her nose and turned the fire to low.

As she wiped her hands on a rag, she crept over to the table where the child was stationed before she ruffled his hair. “God didn’t make up homework, crazy people who wanted children to suffer did.”

“Jinjja? Noona, are there really crazy people like the ones you’re talking about?” he gaped in fascination.

“Of course,” she nodded. “They made homework just for kids like you. And do you know what happens if you don’t do your homework?” he shook his head with his eyes completely rounded. Aejin looked left and then right before slamming her palms against the table. “They eat them up. Nom, nom, nom!” she then tickled him and Minwoo quickly jumped up and ran for cover by the fridge.

“You’re a liar, noona. Eunshin never does his homework and the crazy people haven’t eaten him yet.” He argued logically.

“And how would you know if Eunshin does his homework or not?” she challenged, getting two plates for them.

“Because he always asks me for mine. And if I don’t give it to him, he says he’ll hit me and Youngie.” Minwoo explained sadly as his gaze stayed glued to the floor. Hearing his words, Aejin froze as she slowly turned to him.

“What?” she had heard him but she wanted to make sure that she heard him correctly.

Minwoo hung his head low and sulked back to the small table. He wearily plopped down and exhaled an exasperated sigh.

“I wasn’t supposed to say anything either.” He mumbled.

Aejin clenched her fists at the possibility of someone actually bullying Minwoo along with Miyoung. They were still only children. How could the world be so cruel? She felt her blood boil as she turned the fire off completely and scooped to spoonfuls into each of their bowls. Her anger was so overwhelming that her hands were shaking while performing the action.

Her jaw clamped tightly and she felt as though it was going to fall off any second. She then settled down across from Minwoo. She cleared the desk of his schoolwork and set the meal in front of them.  “Is Eunshin always taking your homework? What happens if you don’t do it?”

“He gets mad and takes Youngie’s instead because she never misses one.” He explained helplessly. “And I feel really bad because I’m supposed to look after her.”

“I think that Eunshin is nothing but a bully. Do you think he will take your homework tomorrow too?”

Minwoo huffed but nodded. “After you drop me off, he always comes.”

“Aigoo, why didn’t you tell me of this sooner? How long has this been going on?” Aejin frowned as she stuffed a spoonful of rice into .

“Since last month,” he murmured in response as he poked at his food.

“For how long?!” Aejin choked out as she hastily bolted to the sink to grab herself a glass of water. When she chugged it all down in less than fifteen seconds, she wiped with the back of her hand as she tried to catch her breath. “That was too close. Now,” she returned back to the table. “Did you really just say he’s been doing this for the last month?”

“Mhm,” he muffled and then Aejin lightly thwacked his forehead.

“If it’s been that long you should have definitely told me. I will not stand for bullying.” She declared.

“B-but if he knows I told you, I will be in bigger trouble.” Minwoo whined. “You can’t say anything, noona.”

“Why not,” she harrumphed, furrowing her brows. “It won’t be fair if he gets credit for copying other kids’ homework.”

“Then he will call me tattle-tale.” Minwoo crossed his arms against his chest and looked away. “I don’t want to be a tattle-tale. No one likes tattle-tales.”

“So you’re just going to let him keep taking your homework and scaring you and Miyoung?” Aejin questioned quirking a brow. “Pft, I bet Miyoung would still like you even if everyone else called you a tattle-tale.”

“Y-you think so?” he stuttered out adorably.

Aejin bit back her grin as she leaned in over the table. “I’m a hundred and ten percent sure that she would. She might even consider you her hero.”

“Hero?” Minwoo smiled but he only did so for a few seconds before his lips molted back into a frown. He shook his head and sighed. “You’re only trying to make me feel better. I mean it, noona, don’t say anything. I’m a big boy, I can handle myself.”

“Minwoo, you’re barely three feet. You still have plenty of years to go before you’re a big boy.” Aejin pointed out. “But if you really don’t want to me say anything,” she drummed her fingers against each other, imitating a diabolical scientist before a devious smirk greeted her lips. “Why don’t we teach our little friend Eunshin a lesson then?”

“A—lesson?” Minwoo repeated hesitantly. “You aren’t going to give him a wedgie or anything, are you noona?” 

Aejin crinkled her nose and her face contorted into one of disgust. “I would never. That’s quite unsanitary and not to mention completely unhygienic if you asked me.”

“Oh okay, I was only wondering. Some kids in my class got some of those and they always talk about how it hurts. Thank goodness no one has done it to me yet.” He heaved out as he chomped down a scoop of rice.

“If anyone ever lays a fin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter