Challenge Accepted.

Breaking Tradition: The Impure Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♪ i only know love

Once she had paid the cab fare, Aejin closed the door and the driver departed. She grasped onto the strap of her bag and exhaled deeply, gathering her thoughts. You can do this. Park Aejin, hwaiting! Motivating herself mentally, she made a fist and subtly pumped it into the air. She didn’t really want anyone seeing her doing something so childish and thankfully no one did.

When Aejin spun around, her neck nearly broke off as she craned it back to catch the immense size of the tall building structure hanging over her. There had to have been at least fifty stories built into it. “Why is this place so big?” She questioned as she ran her eyes back down to the entryway. “Am I even at the right place?” She examined the business card in her hand and sure enough the address matched. “Well, here goes nothing.”

With steady steps, she approached the doors to the massive establishment which automatically parted for her. Hesitantly, she entered and all she that surrounded her were busy chattering, the constant ringing of phones and a bunch of men strutting around in business suits, holding either briefcases or a cup of hot coffee. Aejin peered left and then right, searching for the front desk. She spotted it a little further into what seemed to be the company’s lobby and made her way over.

There were five employees located and scattered behind the elongated desk, all performing various and separate tasks of their own. They looked rather occupied but if Aejin wanted to solve her plight, she would have to interrupt whatever business they were dealing with.

“Excuse me,” she called out but nobody responded to her. It was as though she wasn’t even there. They didn’t even bother to look at her or give her a gesture to tell her to wait a moment until they were finished with whatever they were doing. Aejin’s eyebrows puckered in the center as she tried her hardest not to frown. She understood they had jobs to do but she had a crisis to handle here. Therefore she tried to gain their attention once again, raising her voice a few octaves higher. “Excuse me!”

This time, one person decided to give her the time of the day. He placed the clipboard he was reading over down and sighed. “And who are you here to see, agasshi?” He questioned.

Now that she had actually had someone talking to her, she didn’t know what she was supposed to say. She didn’t even know who she was supposed to meet up and discuss the issue with! “Uhm…” Aejin chewed on her bottom lip and glanced away, a tad bit embarrassed. “I’m not really certain about that.” She meekly confessed.

The employee frowned and eyed Aejin from head to toe. “Well, do you have an appointment?”

“Appointment?” She repeated as she looked at him. “I don’t think so.”

“Then I am sorry but you must leave.” He instructed firmly. He was about to return to work again but she stopped him.

“I can’t!” She explained pleadingly. “Last night I found out I was evicted from my apartment and the men there told me to come to Kim Corps if I had a problem with the arrangement.” Next, Aejin placed the card Mrs. Kam had given her and slid it over to the man. He was, of course, skeptic about her story but picked it up for further inspection. When he turned it over and discovered a small golden star printed in the lower-left corner his eyes rounded in recognition.

“O-oh, my apologies. I will inform the general manager of your presence. Please wait a moment.” He stuttered politely, surprising Aejin with his sudden change in attitude. She nodded, signaling him that she would wait. Her eyes were scanning the premises of her current environment when someone tapped her shoulder. The man handed her back the business card she had brought and she tucked it into her pocket. “You may head up now. The elevators are straight ahead. The GM’s office is located on the twentieth floor; his secretary will take you to him.”

“Ah, kamsahamnida.” Aejin bowed before she headed for the elevators. On her way there, a group of middle-aged men, all wearing suits and ties, walked by her. The eldest in the bunch, who was also at the center of attention, caught sight of her just as she whisked by and he halted movement. He peeked back and his colleagues were stagnated by his abrupt action.

“Is something wrong, president?” One of them questioned.

“No,” the man replied as he watched the feminine figure wrapped in casual clothes step into the elevator. Don’t tell me that kid caused more problems.

[♦] [♦] [♦]

“You’re so cute, oppa.” A woman purred as she coiled her arms around his neck.

“Let’s see if you still think I’m cute after tonight.” The man whispered back temptingly as he dove in and planted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter