A Promising Start.

Breaking Tradition: The Impure Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♪ that man opposed

“Hm, what should I wear today?” Suho questioned himself as he threw the door to his closet open. He scanned his selection for outerwear and then pulled out a few drawers installed underneath with more clothing in them as well. There you could find various shirts, ranging from plain white v-necks to fancy indigo dress up shirts. He raked his fingers through his damp hair and groaned inwardly. He eyed a gray sweater with zigzag patterns printed in white and black but then found himself going for the baby blue v-neck.

This color makes me look friendly. Suho nodded in approval and quickly slipped the piece of clothing over his torso. He yanked the hem down to meet the edge of his white jeans and his eyes rifled through the different blazers, jackets and coats he had hanging neatly. They were all color coded and at last he plucked out a nice beige jacket. As he slipped his arms through the sleeves, he adjusted it by the collar and reviewed his outfit for the day in the mirror.

“Is this too plain?” He turned around and peered at his reflection over his shoulder. Suho was about to change his jacket when there was a soft thump at the door. He glanced over and as the handle twisted, in came popping Miyoung’s head.

“Samchon, what’s taking you soooooo lonnnnng,” she dragged out her last two words to emphasize her point.

“Eh? I haven’t taken more than ten minutes. What are you talking about?” Suho argued back calmly. He was going through his drawers for another shirt when Miyoung frowned deeply at him.

“Suho samchon, we only have ten minutes to get to school. You’re going to make me late, aren’t you?” she whined, stomping her feet to exhibit her disdain.

“Ten minutes?!” he yelped as he flicked his wrist to check the time. Indeed, the child was correct but Suho could have sworn he had an hour to pick out an outfit... Looks like someone had lost track of time. "Okay, okay. We can go." He proclaimed as he guided her out of the house in frenzy. The door slammed shut and as he patted his pockets for his keys, he realized he had left them inside. He ran a palm over his face before he bolted back inside. 

As the two of them drew closer and closer to the school, Suho’s hands would tighten and untighten constantly around the steering wheel. He felt a dozen knots form in his lower stomach and a bead of sweat dribbling down his forehead. “Does it feel hot in here, Miyoung?” Before she could voice her opinion however, her uncle took it upon himself to roll down all four windows. The weather was a bit groggy and the sudden gusts of wind entering the vehicle caused Miyoung to shiver and hug herself. But for Suho the results differed.  

For him, the air seemed to allow his lungs to expand more normally and the knots located in his abdomen to loosen a great deal. 

He quickly peeked at his reflection through the side mirror and swiftly combed through his hair for the umpteenth time that morning. Off in the distance he could hear the sound of the buzzing school children and he knew he was running out of time. His breathing became short and uneven and he was actually debating on whether or not he should just bust a U-turn and get out of there. No, you can’t do that. What’s gotten into you? Just because she accepted you as her friend you’re going to act like this? You’re an adult, not a child. Get yourself together.

Once he was finished scolding himself, Suho pulled over to the curb and killed off the engine. His heart was palpitating irregularly now and before he could chicken out, he forced his legs to move out of the car.

“Oh, there’s omonim and Minnie!” Miyoung squealed excitedly as she pointed behind her uncle. Suho’s eyes instantly rounded as he stood up straight and swiftly fixed his attire. He took in a deep breath and smiled brightly as he spun on his heels. When he found no one standing in front of them, the corner of his lips etched downwards. 

“I thought you said you saw Minwoo and his omma.” He said unhappily. Suho crossed his arms and stared apprehensively at Miyoung who grinned cheekily at him. 

“Samchon,” she paused and nudge his hip since she was an elf compared to him. “You’re nervous to see omonim again, aren’t you?” 

For a moment, Suho was dumbfounded by her bold and audacious accusation. He didn’t know how he could respond and grew embarrassed. He huffed, flustered and looked away. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He denied, sounding a bit reluctant. “I have a big meeting with a coffee bean supplier so I’m jumpy. It’s normal.” 

“But samchon is never jumpy since everyone likes you.” Miyoung innocently and truthfully pointed out. “I think you’re just nervous because omonim didn’t like you at first and now that she does—” however before she could complete her claim, she was interrupted and cut short by the cheery voice of her best friend. 

“Youngie! Samchon!” Minwoo bellowed, jubilant. The niece and uncle trailed the direction of the call and a few meters away from them was a sprinting Minwoo. 

“Minwoo! I told you to be careful! What if you fall and get scraped up and injured?” Aejin scolded as she lagged behind. Today her hair was styled into a tight and neat high bun and she was wearing her work uniform. Once Suho heard her voice and then caught sight of her, all the anxiety he had been trying to eradicate returned. His breath hitched and when Aejin spotted him, her lips transformed into a glorious and genuine smile.

She raised her hand and waved to him. He mimicked her actions and as she reached them, he was still waving at her absentmindedly. 

Minwoo and Miyoung who were planted in between the two of them blinked and then shook their heads, amused. Aejin chuckled softly as she quirked a ques

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter