Exchanging Secrets.

Breaking Tradition: The Impure Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♪ man in love

The door slammed shut with a loud bang and caused Kangjun to involuntarily flinch. Wanting to be the one with the last word, Hyunil threw the door back open and stepped out into the corridor just outside of his office. He could see Aejin stomping off and smirked; he definitely felt victorious. “See you later!” He exclaimed before he returned to the confines of the room.

When he placed the barrier back in its place, a mischievous smile reached his face. More than happy that his plan had worked out perfectly and met the expectations he had hoped for (if not better), Hyunil was pretty proud of himself at the moment. "You're really going to keep pestering her like this?” Kangjun sighed as he took a seat on the leathered couch. He searched for the remote and turned the large plasma screen television on. 

“And so what if I do? Are you going to try and stop me?” Hyunil snapped. He plunked back into his armchair and interlaced his fingers behind his head. His cousin took too long to respond and he took that as his answer. “That’s what I thought. It’s not like I’m going to kill her or something.”

“Sometimes, you can be so frustrating. Do you know that, hyung?” the lad noted. He then got up and buttoned the jacket of his suit. “When the rest of the guys hear about this, I’m sure they’ll all be on my side on this one.”

“Ha,” Hyunil scoffed as he stared up at the ceiling. “And what do you think telling them will do? Do you think I’ll change my mind because my friends don’t like how I deal with my problems?”

“That’s just the thing, hyung. She isn’t the problem here, you are. Just think about it. She hasn’t done anything but scold you after you did something terrible to her first. Besides that, she hasn’t bothered you at all. She doesn’t follow you around or do research on you just to make your life a mess for no reason. That’s what you’re doing so I think you need to get your facts straightened before you do anything else.” Kangjun stood at the door and peered over his shoulder. Hyunil was still looking at the ceiling hanging over him but this time his smile was nowhere in sight.

“Maybe, just maybe, what you’re feeling towards her isn’t hate or anger but something else. And let me just point out that if you keep your shenanigans up, the only one who will end up hurt will be you, Hyunil hyung. I’m telling you this because you’re my cousin and I love you. No matter how much of an illogical and rash douchebag you may be you deserve to be happy too.” And before Hyunil could rebut to the younger’s claims, he was already out of the door.

 Left alone in his spacious office, Hyunil grew rather quiet. He leaned forward and folded his hands on the desk in front of him. His thumbs were fiddling against each other as he on his bottom lip. Kangjun’s words were sneaking their way into his mind but then he shot up from his chair and frowned. “That kid’s crazy. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. All I feel for that insane woman is hate and anger. What else could there possibly be?” He strutted over to his window and stared at the dozens of buildings laid out, composing the city known as Seoul.

His eyebrows bunched up as he shook his head. “Me hurt? That doesn’t even make sense. I’m perfectly fine. Yeah, Hyunil, that’s right. Kangjun has no idea what he’s blubbering on about so don’t you dare listen to him. Park Aejin brought this whole thing upon herself. It’s not your fault.” But no matter how hard he was trying to persuade himself that what he was doing was just, there was still a small part of him disagreeing with the idea.

[♦] [♦] [♦]

“Minwoo-ah, do you want to set up the table for us?” Suho questioned kindly as he lowered the fire and headed for the fridge.

“Neh, samchon!” Minwoo obeyed enthusiastically. He trotted to the dining room where the plates and utensils were neatly stacked on top of each other. Next, he climbed onto one of the chairs and kneeled on it. His arms reached out and pulled the stack of dining-ware towards his little body. Carefully, he placed a plate on a mat, which was already there, and on either side a pair of chopsticks and spoon. He moved to the next seat and did the same until everything was all set. “All finished!” He sung as he hopped back down and scurried to Suho.

“Wow, you’re really fast, Minwoo.” Suho praised as he ladled soup into three small bowls.

“It’s because I’m super duper happy!” The child beamed as he bounced on his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter