Stating Otherwise.

Breaking Tradition: The Impure Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♪ my love

“Now Romeo and Juliet has been around for centuries. It is probably one of William Shakespeare’s best works. Everyone has most likely heard of it even if they have not read or watched it themselves. Some scholars believe this tragic love story might be based off of real people during Shakespeare’s time. So for homework, I want the right side of the room to search up facts refuting this claim and the left must find information which will support it.” Professor Lim checked her watch and sighed with a small smile.

“This will be the end of today’s lecture. I will see you all tomorrow.” Once she turned around to wipe down the whiteboard, all of the students began to murmur and soon the noise level increased.

Aejin had fallen asleep and when a peer walked by her, he accidentally bumped into her desk and jolted her awake. Her eyes snapped open and she was surprised to find that everyone was already packing away their belongings. She frowned deeply when she realized that she had fallen into a slumber yet again. “Great going, Aejin. You don’t even know what the assignment is.” As she stood up, she couldn’t help the yawn which had fled her lips. She had quickly shielded it with her hand as she started to gather her things as well.

“The homework for tonight is to research information on whether the characters of Romeo and Juliet were based off of real people. Since you are on the left side,” a petite girl shyly informed. Aejin was surprised because no one ever really bothered to speak with her and as she raised her head to see her, the girl drew back. Her name was Ahn Gaeun, a timid and quiet girl who was also in a few of Aejin’s other classes.

“Jinjja? Kamsahamnida, Gaeun-sshi.” Aejin verbally gratified before she left the room. Students were busy roaming around and as she strolled outside, she ceased all movements and inhaled the outdoorsy air. She was aware that she would have to go and pick up Minwoo which meant the chances of her running into Suho for a second time would be highly possible. But it wasn’t like she could not go and get the child. That would just be irresponsible and reckless if she ever did such a thing.

As she trudged back to the school, dark clouds began to form above her head. Aejin didn’t notice because she was blankly staring at the cemented sidewalk. She was still exhausted and she thanked the heavens that she had no more classes to worry about for the today. She was drawing nearer to the school when it began lightly drizzling.

Aejin felt her skin dampening and naturally her head tilted upwards towards the sky. She saw lightning slicing through the air and her eyes almost bulged out of their sockets. She hadn’t heard anything involving a storm but then again they didn’t have a television set at home which would have warned them beforehand. She scowled and increased her walking pace. The rain was growing heavier and by the time Aejin had finally arrived at her destination, she was drenched in water from head to toe.

“Next time I am definitely going to pack an umbrella no matter how nice it looks in the morning,” she noted as she found shelter under a tree. She glanced to the school’s entrance and after a few minutes, the doors were opened. None of the children however dared to step out but then a couple of parents appeared and to Aejin’s jealously they were dry and carried umbrellas. It was a little embarrassing for her but when she spotted Minwoo, she waved him over.

Minwoo informed his teacher and pointed to where his mother was stationed. The woman nodded in approval and before he went to Aejin, he hugged and bade his goodbye to Miyoung. Once that was over with, he scurried over to his guardian without caring if the rain soaked him or not. “Noona, you’re supposed to always carry an umbrella.” he commented knowingly, causing Aejin to wrinkle her nose.

“If that’s so, did you bring one?” she challenged as she wiped his shoulders. He was wearing his jacket but she still felt the need to do so just to make him a little less wet. Next, she adjusted his hoodie and made sure he was zipped up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter