A Dozen Times More.

Breaking Tradition: The Impure Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♪ the romantic

As the door closed, Suho sat as stiff as a statue, wondering if someone really was rude enough to come and drag Aejin away. He was in a state of shock before he heard Minwoo gasp. “It’s that mean ahjusshi again!” the boy exclaimed, shooting to his feet. Suho turned his way and found the child sporting a deep scowl. He began rolling up the sleeves to his shirt and that was when Suho realized he had to do something.

“Stay here,” he ordered Minwoo and Miyoung before he exited the shop. His heart was clenching, thinking something terrible might have happened to Aejin during his absence. Frantically, he looked right and then left and his worries were put to rest when he had her in his sights.

“Yah! Let me go, you maniac.” Aejin spat as she tried shaking off Hyunil’s hand.

“No. You’re coming with me whether you like it or not.” he rebelled as he continued tugging her to his car.

“This is kidnap!” she hollered, trying to dig her heels into the ground to stop or at least cripple his actions. Aejin was never much of a fighter so she didn’t know what to do in a scenario like this one. Plus, this was her first time. Who could blame her? She twisted and turned, putting up a fight but Hyunil was unshaken by her vigorous efforts to liberation.  

“Just keep your mouth shut, would you? No one is going to believe a handsome and wealthy guy like me is trying to kidnap a woman like you. They’ll just think you’re throwing a tantrum because I refused to buy you clothes. So save yourself the embarrassment.” he sneered, peering back over his shoulder.

Immediately, Aejin’s face hardened. She glared at his back coldly and felt the fury rising in her stomach. She was about to shout at him and kick him where she knew for sure it would hurt like hell. It was a cheap shot and not to mention outright cruel but Aejin felt like a brusque and rough person like Hyunil deserved it. She might regret it after but hell, she was not going to go anywhere with a stalker like him. Who knows what he would try to do to her.

Sell her, her, kill her. It might sound over-dramatic but with his unstable personality, anything was possible. Just as she was prepared to launch her escape plan, she felt another warm hand coiling around her other wrist.

“I’m sorry but I believe the lady here asked you to let her go. Don’t you know it’s not very gentlemanly to drag a woman around as you please especially when she refuses?” His familiar and comforting voice instantly lit hope within Aejin as she twirled around and saw Suho.

“Joonmyun-ah,” she breathed out, trying to conceal the smile crawling over her face. She wanted to retreat to his side but was yanked in the original direction she had been heading rather vehemently. This caused her to wince in pain which was displayed through her face. Suho noticed this and his jaw tightened.

“Stay out of this,” Hyunil hissed menacingly. He expected the third party to heed to his command as he spun back around but was surprised when he still experienced resistance. Suho had a firm grasp on Aejin, strong enough to cause Hyunil to cease movement. And there was no chance of him staying out of this matter. Not even one percent.

Aejin was his friend and if she said no, it meant no.

If she needed help, he was going to help.

If she needed ears, he would listen because that’s what friends do for one another.

And he wasn’t going to allow anyone to disrespect her in any type of manner.

He might have to deal with another confrontation and this time with a strange man but if it was for her sake, he was willing to go through with it. He could see the pain Hyunil was inflicting upon Aejin, and he felt his heart shriveling at the picture of her discomfort. Suho plastered on a stale expression, something he never did as he looked apprehensively at Hyunil. “I can’t do that. Whatever involves this woman here,” he held up Aejin’s hand, “involves me as well.”

“Bo?” Hyunil scoffed indignantly. As he stared longer at Suho’s face, he remembered the other times he had tried to take Aejin. You know the attempts which had been foiled almost like this one? “So you’re her mysterious knight in shining armor that kept popping up? Makes sense.” he snorted, rolling his eyes.

He was only joking about the statement but to his surprise accompanied by Aejin’s, Suho answered, “I guess you can call me that.”

“J-Joonmyun-ah.” Aejin found herself stuttering again as she gazed at him in awe and admiration. Suho quickly met eyes with her and his lips curved into miniscule smile before they returned to a firm and unbending thin line. He shifted his attention back to Hyunil who was now also sporting a neutral expression.

“What are you? Her boyfriend?” Hyunil inquired a bit ticked off. Actually he was more than just a bit ticked off. He was fuming, ready to explode.

“Do I have to be in order to help her when she’s in trouble with someone like you?” he swiftly countered. Of course he was affected by such a question but he had no time to worry about that. He had to free Aejin and he wasn’t going to give up no matter what Hyunil said or did.

For a moment, it was silent as the two men initiated a staring contest. Aejin was trying to escape from Hyunil’s fingers but he made it nearly impossible now. He was like a snake constricting its prey to death. Her case wasn’t that serious but to paint an image, that’s how tight she felt he was clutching. She was debating on whether or not she should carry out her original plan but decided not to since she had Suho at her aid.

No one had ever defended her the way he was doing currently and it really touched her heart. Kim Joonmyun was a man who stuck by his word and Aejin needed someone like that in her life. He wasn’t a hypocrite like her parents and to know there were still good people like him out there in the rigid and brisk world gave her hope. A small smile graced her lips as she looked back to Suho who stood his ground.

But what made it all the more special was the fact that he was doing all of this for her.

He was actually sticking his neck out for her when no one else would even help her gather her scattered papers.

He had offered to be her friend when she had no one she could lean on.

He was kind and gentle to the woman labeled as dirty, tainted and impure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter